Hearts and Hearths{Closed: ATTN Pyro, Kaity & Alivda}

IceStorm

~~~Ice Storm~~~

The mane event here in Ponyville was always fun, and Twilight always put on a good one. It was to be expected though. Twilight did have access to the best party planner in Equestria at a drop of the bit. However, there was one thing that Twilight's party lacked that the one here would have. Heart. Sure her family were all there, but it was all interactions and being spread around. Everypony there were friends sure, and she loved seeing all of them again. She even met some new faces and a lovely little filly tadpole! that had to be the most adorable thing she'd ever seen! She was so happy for Aloe! She was always such a good pony for her and those around her. She deserved to be happy like that. But the one here at her Ponyville house was for her and her family alone. The four ponies that were worth more to her than any other in Equestria. Raven Shadowfire, Mythic Vision, Nira and Feather Blitz. Nira was more of an aquantence at the moment, but she was part of Myth's group, and Myth was a part of hers, so that Made Nira part of her herd by default. She was taking this opportunity to get to know the mare a bit more. She seemed to harbor many of the same thoughts that she did on several matters. She presumed it wouldn't be long before she was a true part of the herd. 

Everything had been decorated, and their dinner had been set. A set of five large fresh salads around a long table, and a decorated tree with the Flames of Friendship stayed a lit above it. There was a lit fire in the fire place, but that was more for the comfort of Everypony else other than her. Ice Storm herself sat as far away from the open flame as possible. They had some gifts at the event, but all of the special gifts were the ones that were saved for here. She had a feeling hers was going to be the most special out of all of them though, and no amount of gift wrap would ever be able to contain it. She'd made up her mind and had been planning on doing this for a while, and now it was time to make everything official. 

~~~Nira~~~

Things were very much different over here in Equestria, but in so many ways, they were exactly the same. The celebrations that they had to bring ponies together and celebrate that togetherness was something that they had in common with Neighpon and she was certain at this point that all ponies had some sort of holiday in their culture for such occassions. In honest, the only thing that was really different here, was the language that was spoke. There were some minor cultural differences, and major architectural differences, but for the most part, things were nice. Everything just boiled down to respect your fellow pony. It was a sentiment that Nira found very easy to get behind. 

AS it was, she now found herself in this strange house which is apparently one of many that Miss Storm owned. Everything was decorated, and this ponyes respected her. In a way, it reminded her of how things had been with Ishi. She couldn't deny that she still had some feelings for him, but she couldn't stay in that circle anymore. If she had, she'd likely have started a war between herself and Shiroi, and she wasn't sure that she could win that. Shiroi had spies everywhere. At least here she was out of her reach. With that she put those thoughts away, and focused on the salad in front of her, and the mares around her. They had welcomed her with open hooves, a couple of them literally. They made her feel more welcomed in the short time they knew her than the circle did the entire time she was there. This was where she belonged. A place where she could help others and be respected. Not help one and be ridiculed. For that, she would be forever grateful for them. "I cannot say how thankful I am, that you ponies let me come back with you. My time in my homeland had met its end, and we believe things always happen for a reason. I believe you ponies were the saviors that I was needing to free me from a loss yet to come. I will do everything in my power to repay that debt."

• Like 1

Myth had taken the seat between Feather and Nira. She laughed "I know nothing of any debt! I think Icy and the others feel pretty similar. Your being here is it's own reward, Danny." she turned and gave her a hug "Besides. There was no way we could let you squander your skills sitting around waiting for some snooty ol' noble to need you." she hoped Nira wouldn't take too much offense at her basically insulting the leader of her homeland. She really only meant that in jest. She leaned in and gave her a little peck on the cheek before turning and doing the same to Feather. She looked at each of the ponies at the table with the widest smile, her eyes getting misty as she was overcome with emotion.

She laughed slightly  "If anypony owes a debt, it's me. Just last year, I was alone. Homeless. I barely had two bits to my name. and one of them was probably actuality a metal button. That happened sometimes." she laughed "It's because of Icy's faith in me that I have a room to sleep in and three hot meals a day. I will never truly repay the debt I owe her and everypony here. You all have...." she sniffed as the tears fell from her eyes "You've all given me so much..... I can't thank each of you enough. You all mean so much to me. You give my life meaning. You give me a purpose." as she spoke, the Fire of Friendship over the tree burned ever so slightly brighter as she poured her love into the room.

She laughed "I know I'm not usually one to get all emotional. I'm usually the cheery one with all the jokes. But I just feel.... so much love for every one of you." she turned and hugged Feather and reached a hoof out for Nira.

• Like 1

Raven smiled softly at all of the others, even as she snuggled closer to Icy. "Oh, Trust me, once me and Icy knew you, there was no way we were not going to bring you into the fold, so to speak. Personally, I think the ice queen over here like's collecting unique ponies." She said, teasing Icy a little. "But, Let's not dwell on where we were, or where we might have been... Instead, I think now is more than enough." She continued, taking a drink of the warm hot chocolate. She was a little cold, after all, Icy kept the ac on year round, but she had a blanket waiting for her after their meal. Till then, she'd have to make due with the hot chocolate and what warmth she could steal from Icy.

Feather smiled at the other mares around the room as she sat next to Myth, marveling at how she had found herself with not just one marefriend, but four. Somehow, even after the mess her mother had made of multiple relationships, Feather still found herself in a similar situation. Not quite the same, since her mother’s relationships were more like flings, even the one that made her, but still. 

“Please, there’s no debts here. Your presence is repayment enough, let alone your contributions to STAR and Equestria.” She said, giving Myth a hug as she tried to assure her and Nira that there was nothing to repay. Being a pegasus, the cold didn’t bother her as much, but it was always nice to share the heat of another in a hug. 

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Hearing the ponies in the room talk, Ice Storm nodded in agreement. "Indeed. We've all had some rough patches, but those are behind us now. Tonight, is a night of joy and happiness," she said, smiling as she took a bit of the salad that was on the table. When she saw the tears starting to form in Myth's eyes from the emotions that she was feeling right now, she knew that she had made the right decision. She couldn't help but giggle when Raven mentioned about collecting exotic mares. "Hey, having all the exotic ponies is fun and all, but it doesn't mean anything if their personalities are stone. I just had the fortune of running into the most amazing ponies everywhere I go," she smiled. When Myth finished, Ice could have sworn that the flames were just a bit brighter. 

"It is as Feather said, Myth. There are no debts here. debts are something that the sharks from Las Pegasus try to break kneecaps over, and it's ponies like us that stop them. No, the only thing here is love, and there is nothing wrong with anypony here being emotional. Especially tonight, and even more especially so once I reveal the surprise that I have in store after dinner," she said, whatever aura of love Myth could pick up from her getting even brighter as she thought of what was coming. 

~~~Nira~~~

Nira returned the smiles that she had gotten from everypony, but instantly had to raise an eyebrow at the nickname. Danny was a new one to her, and she wasn't entirely sold on it, but if Myth liked it, then she would let it continue. After all, she might warm up to it. The words that Myth spoke afterwards though were those of from the heart. She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about most of the ponies in the room quite yet, as she had only been with them for a few short months. But in that short amount of time, she had seen the true character of these ponies and knew that they would give their lives for each other, and for her. That alone was something that she wasn't so sure about anypony from her homeland. 

She started to take a sip from the chocolaty drink that was served with the salads when Myth mention about her waiting for a snooty noble to need her. The comment about made her shoot the chocolate drink through her nose, making it tingle quite a bit before holding back the chuckle that she was going to give because of it. She gave a few coughs herself before actually releasing the laugh that she had. "Haha... Hah... Oh, Ishi himself wasn't so bad. His brother though... Yeah he was pretty snooty, and was a bit out of touch with his people, if you couldn't tell by the cabinet that he had serving under him. I'm pretty sure that I was the only ones that could see the struggles that everyone was having. But none of that is important now. I am where I can be of service to others, and utilize my skills for all that need it, and not just the select few that feel like they deserve it," she smiled. She had to admit, her interest was piqued when she heard Icy say that she had a very special, emotional surprise planned for everypony after dinner. She couldn't wait to see what that might be. 

Myth smiled knowingly when Icy said she had a surprise. She wasn't sure what it was, exactly, but she had caught enough glimpses here and there of the magic she'd been trying to hide throughout the night. She looked over on the other side of the room, where Mama Kaito laid sleeping in her arctic fox form by the tree. She wondered if she ought to wake her up for what Icy had coming. She smiled to herself and figured she oughta let her sleep. She seemed pretty tired after being as active as she had been after being asleep for so many centuries. The sudden activity seemed to really do a number on her, and this was the first time she'd seen her get any rest. "I've been wondering when you were going to show us what you've been hiding." she winked "I'm excited to know what you've poured so much love into." she knew that the changeling at the party had enchanted whatever it was. She'd recognized the same magic that the bubble holding the baby was made of. but it was definitely Icy's love in it. She realized that was probably why she had gotten a changeling to do the enchantment. "Whatever it is, I know I'll treasure it forever." she kissed her hoof and blew the kiss across the table, using an illusion to make it take shape as a pair of lips that floated across and landed on Icy disappearing with a kissing sound.

Raven smiled. "I agree. Knowing you, whatever you got will be spectacularly awesome, and yet very thoughtful." She said, before starting to eat. In between bites, she'd look around at the others, trying to figure out how she got so lucky. Before she met Icy, her Hearth's Warmings had been between her and a photo of her parents, but now, she was surrounded by friends and lovers. She had to admit, though, the mare who'd most captured her heart was beside her, and even now, her heart still fluttered a little when she'd catch a glimpse of her smile.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice smiled as the other ponies seemed to know her well. The gift that she was planning tonight was indeed thoughtful, and it took a lot ofeffort on her part to complete, which included exposing one of her most embarrassing secrets to a pony that she barely new. Not just anypony though. A changling. A changling that Miss Aloe had valued and cherished with more than just her own life, but trusted her enough to start a family with. Ice trusted her, and even accepted the offer that she made to try to help her with the issue that she revealed. She continued eating. She smiled at Myth's words as well. "I knew that you'd pick up on it Mithie. I'm surprised I could hide it from you for this long, considering what I had to do to get them made. But after everything, it's all worth it," she smiled warmly. "The four of you are worth everything to me, and I would sacrifice everything to see you safe." she said warmly, waiting for everypony to finish before moving to the next part.

Feather smiled, not entirely sure what this surprise was, but excited to see what Icy had in store for them. She giggled at Myth's illusion kiss, eating some more of the salad in front of her. She didn't have anything to say at the moment, really, but she was happy to just spend this time with her marefriends eating this good food. It was wonderful, really, and she laid against Myth gently as she ate, draping a wing over the unicorn.

"Looking forward to it, Icy. Whatever it ends up being, I'm sure it'll be great. Also, right back at you with the whole protecting you thing, you guys are basically the only family I have." She said, smiling at the mares around the room and giving Myth a peck on the cheek.

• 1 month later...

(Sorry guys! RL been kicking me in the but, kinda forgot this existed! Shoot me later!)

Raven grinned, finishing her food. "You know I feel the same way, Icy... I mean, Heck, if it wasn't for STAR, I'd probably be some shut-in, getting more and more frustrated at failing to learn how to cast a stunning spell." She said, blushing at admittance of where she used to be in life. "Or worse... I'd have been pressured into marrying some random Canterlot noble, just so they could absorb my family's prestige and land." She stopped for a second, seeming to realize what she'd said, and giggled. "Oh... and here I was the one to say not to dwell on the past."

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice couldn't help but smile and listen as the others started speaking, reiterating what she herself had said about them. Ice actually felt sorry for any individual pony that wronged anypony in this room. Because now they would have what some could consider, Equestria's most powerful force all zeroing in on them. Ice was still certain there were plenty that were stronger than her. She would be a fool to think that there wasn't. She did know, however, that she was definitely in the upper echelon. She knew that most of her power that she had came from her relics, and that in of itself was a danger. Mostly because she didn't know just how much power was in them, and if they broke, that could spell the end of things for wherever they were. She also couldn't help but chuckle a bit as Raven got caught up in her own words. "That's okay, it's easily to get caught up in the things that were. After all, had everything not happened, exactly the way it did, we would not be here now," she stated.

As it was, most everypony seemed to be finished with their meals and Ice figured now would be as good of a time as any. "Well girls, I do think it's time..." Ice Storm started. "The last few years have been quite a roller coaster and has been filled with many hurdles, but there has always and forever been one constant. All of you. It started off with Raven, and then everything just started blossoming fourth. I found myself starting to surround myself with ponies that I just, couldn't honestly live without. From Myth's pure emotions from when we met on that Hearth's Warming evening in Ponyville, to our first mission together, she said looking to Feather Blitz. Every time I look around the room I know that I made the best decisions I could have made in not only starting STAR, but finding those ponies that I would eventually come to call my family..." Ice Storm said as she started levitating four boxes into the room. Each one was no larger than a 2x2x2 box, and she said them down in front of each and everypony in the room making sure that the right ring went to the right pony, as they were each emblazoned with the one thing that pony loved and cherished the most. "Which is why, after tonight, I would want to make it official, and I can think of no better night than Hearth's Warming Eve to make such a declaration. I would like for everypony here to become part of my herd, and be my brides," Ice said with a warm, hopeful smile.

• Like 1