Episode 16 "Sonic Rainboom"

Adasyd

Oh man oh man oh man!

When Rainbowdash finally pulls off the Sonic Rainboom to save Rarity and the Wonder Bolts-- all of my crey.

I cried a little with tears of joy. I'm such a baby, but I absolutely love things like this and this show really knows how to get to me.

Oh man oh man oh man!

When Rainbowdash finally pulls off the Sonic Rainboom to save Rarity and the Wonder Bolts-- all of my crey.

I cried a little with tears of joy. I'm such a baby, but I absolutely love things like this and this show really knows how to get to me.

All I could think at the time was "This is her Big Damn Hero moment", and it was 20% cooler than I hoped for. :)

I think this episode endeared Rainbow to a lot of people...and validated a LOT of people's dislike of Rarity.

Even her over acted drama to the ruining of her career in "Suited For Success" made it hard to feel bad for her.

I don't think many bronies dislike Rarity, just like her a little less than the others. Personally I think her character does have a great deal of depth; yes she did get all dramatic in "Suited for Success" but that episode showed her generosity even more so, and let's face it, her friends did make it pretty much impossible for her to succeed at first (I saw the episode as a gentle ribbing at the Hasbro execs who like to make "suggestions" to the writers and "only trying to help"). The Diamond Dog episode also was a win for Rarity because she faked being all dramatic in order to manipulate the dogs into submitting to her (they did surrender all their gems in the hopes she would go).

I think Rarity had every right to freak out about her CAREER and DREAM being potentially ruined in "Suited for Success"! Her dream is to become a famous fashion designer and her friends embarrassed her in front of one of the key figures in the industry! In an industry like fashion, that sort of thing can mean the end of your career. For all she knew, her dream was now ruined due to her friends being stupid and selfish.

Also, Rarity's LIVELIHOOD is her dress shop and designing. If other ponies heard she made trashy clothing like that, they'd stop coming to her shop. She'd lose customers and lose money. Imagine if the ponies accidentally burned down Applejack's orchard. Think how devastated she'd be. Imagine if you were up for a promotion to your dream career and your friends came in and ruined your interview/presentation/whatever? Think how upset you would be. Not only would your dream be taken away from you, but you potentially lost a massive salary upgrade.

Frankly, I think she took it pretty well. I would've been flat out ENRAGED at my friends and far more upset. =/

I can definitely understand not liking Rarity for her snobbery, her vanity, her occasional self centeredness, her ridiculous fear of messiness, and whatnot though. I agree with Brian though that Rarity is one of the more developed characters, especially out of the main 6. She has flaws and merits, an established business, clear likes and dislikes, and in future episodes, we'll learn more about her backstory. Rarity = <3 <3 <3

I think this episode endeared Rainbow to a lot of people...and validated a LOT of people's dislike of Rarity.

Even her over acted drama to the ruining of her career in "Suited For Success" made it hard to feel bad for her.

I don't think many bronies dislike Rarity, just like her a little less than the others. Personally I think her character does have a great deal of depth; yes she did get all dramatic in "Suited for Success" but that episode showed her generosity even more so, and let's face it, her friends did make it pretty much impossible for her to succeed at first (I saw the episode as a gentle ribbing at the Hasbro execs who like to make "suggestions" to the writers and "only trying to help"). The Diamond Dog episode also was a win for Rarity because she faked being all dramatic in order to manipulate the dogs into submitting to her (they did surrender all their gems in the hopes she would go).

I have to agree with you I dont hate Rarity I just not like her as much as the others. Even though she can be a little selfish sometimes like we see in Sonic Rainboom she can still be very generous to her friends and we see this in suited for success. All in all she not to bad but my top favorite will always be Rainbow Dash that's why this mas my favorite episode out of the series.

I think Rarity had every right to freak out about her CAREER and DREAM being potentially ruined in "Suited for Success"! Her dream is to become a famous fashion designer and her friends embarrassed her in front of one of the key figures in the industry! In an industry like fashion, that sort of thing can mean the end of your career. For all she knew, her dream was now ruined due to her friends being stupid and selfish.

Also, Rarity's LIVELIHOOD is her dress shop and designing. If other ponies heard she made trashy clothing like that, they'd stop coming to her shop. She'd lose customers and lose money. Imagine if the ponies accidentally burned down Applejack's orchard. Think how devastated she'd be. Imagine if you were up for a promotion to your dream career and your friends came in and ruined your interview/presentation/whatever? Think how upset you would be. Not only would your dream be taken away from you, but you potentially lost a massive salary upgrade.

Frankly, I think she took it pretty well. I would've been flat out ENRAGED at my friends and far more upset. =/

I can definitely understand not liking Rarity for her snobbery, her vanity, her occasional self centeredness, her ridiculous fear of messiness, and whatnot though. I agree with Brian though that Rarity is one of the more developed characters, especially out of the main 6. She has flaws and merits, an established business, clear likes and dislikes, and in future episodes, we'll learn more about her backstory. Rarity =

This is exactly everything that I was going to say. Completely agree.

She's not my favorite Pony, but I like her a lot.