Another blue sunny day... (Private, Icy)

Mornings in the forest village of Bridlewood tended to be rather cold; the sun would only have just arisen, and even then its light and heat must filter through the trees.  So why did Gloomy Sonnet feel so warm, as birdsong called her from slumber with a yawn?

She blinked, looking down at an unfamiliar bed without comprehension, before catching a glimpse of a light coat and sparkling scarlet mane.  Memories of yesterday came back to her, of a long walk from Bridlewood to Maretime Bay in search of a friend... and the fact that she'd found one!  "Oh..."  She said, softly to herself, not sure of how to handle the situation, besides waiting for Sugar Moonlight to wake up.  Hopefully she would soon; Gloomy didn't remember where the tea or coffee was in this house!

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

The night had given way to morning, though when that happened Sugar couldn't tell. The mare found herself feeling warmer than she had felt in a while, and she almost thought she might have woken up with a fever. They was until she felt the warmth move slightly. Only then did she remember the events of last night and remember that she wasn't alone, but in fact snuggled in with her new best friend. After everything that happened the night before and how well they got along... There was no way they could be anything but! Well, maybe more... But only time would tell. The thought made her heart flutter a bit. 

Slowly, Sugar's eyes fluttered along with her heart, looking into the neck and chest fluff of the pony that she was snuggling with and moved in closer, holding Gloomy and giving her a nuzzle. "Moor...ning..." she said through a yawn. "That was... The best night of sleep I've had ina while... I guess having somepony to snuggle with does wonders for that," she smiled, not really wanting to leave the bed yet. She was content to just snuggle at the moment. 

Gloomy had just been about to open her mouth and suggest they get out of bed for breakfast, but once Sugar pulled her back into a snuggle, the unicorn did nothing to resist.  Long loneliness ending suddenly tended to make a mare loath to give up contact when not necessary.  She was quite happy to let Sugar nuzzle into her chest fluff, returning the gesture to the top of her head.  "Hmm... it would seem so.  That does mean we might just fall asleep again, though.  Did you have anywhere you needed to be today?"  Probably not, actually, given she'd just left her previous job at Canterlogic.

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

The thought of the two of them falling asleep together again was one that Sugar definitely didn't mind. However, if they were going to be making any headway into her moving to Bridlewood, then they would have to wake up sooner rather than later. "Not really, but much as I would love to lay here all day... all of my knickknacks aren't going to pack themselves. I mean, I don't really have that much to begin with, just the pictures and memories of my family. Plus there are still a few ponies here in Maretime Bay that I would like to say goodbye to before I leave. Mainly my mom and dad and let them know that I'm going to be okay," she said with a smile, her ears folding back as she felt Gloomy nuzzle her head in return. Then everything hit her. Everything was going to be changing for her so suddenly, but she imagined it probably still couldn't compare to her new friend.

Imagine, going to sleep the night before and suddenly you wake up to your horn shooting off! Sure there's the initial excitement of getting magic back, but at the same time, she thought back to the zap that she had gotten from her yesterday. She knew that the pony had no real intentions of hurting her, but it was clear that she had no real way of controlling said magic above basic levitation, and she had to imagine that it was the same way for most of the ponies. To go from not having something to possibly fearing what it could do... Sugar shuddered. Of course she would never wish for things to go back the way they were, but she did want her new friend to not have to worry about such things. That was why she needed to help her, and maybe the other unicorns figure out how to control the other aspects of their magic together. These thoughts ignited a fire inside of her, and one that she wasn't going to let die. She was going to help her friend, she was going to help everypony. She didn't know how, but she'd figure it out along the way.

Reluctantly she pushed her way out of the bed, careful not to poke or prod any potentially sensitive or squishy areas of her new friend. It was the first time that she'd woken up with somepony else in her bed after all. Once she stood up, she leaned forward and stretched herself out, feeling her back pop in a few places while unintentionally giving the mare in her bed quite the show before righting herself up. "That being said, I know you like tea, do you like coffee? I have a nice blond roast that is positively delicious and packs way more of punch than most of the dark roasts I've found," she said with a smile.

• Like 1

Hearing Sugar talk about packing brought home to Gloomy that... this was real, she had found a friend and was bringing her home with her.  "So this is all really happening, then..."  It was a good thing that Sugar wasn't bringing too much, since she couldn't rightly recall how much free space she had inside her treehouse.  Either way, though, it was going to be a cozy fit.  Not that she minded the prospect of living so close to her new best friend...

Looking over to see the mare stretch did much to stimulate her, it had to be said, enough to get her off the bed and stretching herself, her mind already moving from one set of dreams to another.  Ah, young infatuation... that's at least what it was, she had to know by now.  "Mmm, I do like coffee, actually, though I tend to go darker with the roasts, mostly because they don't pack as much of a punch, and I can drink two cups without being wired all that much.  Although, I tend to have less sensitivity to bitter things in taste, just like I do with sad poetry.  Mom never had to force me to eat my broccoli!"  She giggled at the memory.  "I would like to try your blonde roast, though."

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

When Sugar heard Gloomy's response, somewhat reminding herself that she wasn't dreaming and that this was actually happening. Sugar smiled. "Yup, this is all happening. I know it kinda feels like a dream come true, because it still kinda does for me. A dream I didn't know I was having at first, but walking up this morning I've felt happier than I've been in a while," she smiled.

She then started making her way towards the kitchen. She heard Gloomy start talking about how she generally preferred a darker roast, specifically because they don't pack as much of a punch. She could see it. But she personally didn't care for the bitterness that came with... What was essentially burning coffee beans. Gloomy further added that she was a pony that didn't mind bitter things, or at least she had less of a sensitivity to them. Sugar couldn't help but giggle when she brought up broccoli. "Yeah, I can't really say the same. My mom would almost be begging me to eat it. It wasn't ever a flavor issue I had with broccoli though. I love the flavor, but all of the little gritty bits that break off when you bite into it..." she shuddered, pulling a filter out and putting it and the coffee into her pot before pushing a few buttons. "Now, cook it up and put it in something that breaks up that texture? Like put it in some cheddar cheese? I can destroy a pot of broccoli and cheese soup without a second thought," Sugar laughed. 

"Alright..." she said, mainly to herself, but out loud. "So... I need to get a few boxes, say a few goodbyes and then rent a cart. I don't think I'll have to many boxes, but I would still not rather have to carry them all the way there if we can avoid it," she said, thinking. 

Texture... Gloomy had to admit, she hadn't really given that much thought to that particular aspect of food, though she could see how it would affect a pony sensitive to it.  And on reflection, there were many instances of food that she could recall that, while edible raw, were only really appetizing when cooked.  "Similar to how mushrooms are really dry and spongy when raw, but really nice when cooked.  I've always liked those earthy flavors... though I had so much of them growing up, that might just be because I had to grow to like them."

Taking hold of one of Sugar's coffee mugs in her magic, Gloomy took a sip, contemplatively.  "Hmm... this is good, though I can definitely feel that I'd only want one cup.  It doesn't do for a poet to get too wired up!"  The one sip had woken her facilities enough to restart her rhymes, and she smiled over to the earth pony across from her.  "Yeah, the bulk is probably going to matter more than weight.  There's only so much you can fit on your gait."

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar nodded when she heard Gloomy compare what she was saying about broccoli to mushrooms. That they tended to be dry and spongy when raw, but quite delectable when they were cooked. She poured their two cups of coffee, and there was still enough for a couple more. She watched as Gloomy took her first sip, confirming that the drink packed every bit the punch that she had said it did. "Yeah, it does that. Myself personally, I've gotten a bit of a tolerance to it. Because of that, it takes me like two or three cups to get the same effect that you have now. Which is still cheaper than almost an entire twelve cup pot of a dark roast!" Sugar smiled, taking a sip of her own coffee. She heard Gloomy mention something once again, the caffeine returning her rhymes to her. Talking about bulk and weight before adding to a gate. "That is true! but then again, gates are always meant to be opened at some point," she giggled, taking another sip. "What are you thinking for breakfast? I've got eggs, hay-bacon, I could probably make some hashbrowns... anything you fancy really."

That... wasn't the gait she meant.  Some poetry looked better written down, but now all Gloomy could think about was Sugar opening her gait and... well.  She might need a cold shower after breakfast.  "Er, while there's coffee in my cup, why not make them all a fry up?" Rhymes, yes, rhymes were safe.  Thinking of rhythm, meter, scanning, sound...

*Oh pencilrubber, there's no getting away from this.  I'm going to have one of the world's cutest mares move into my house!*  She'd tell herself to not freak out and just enjoy it, but this was all such a novel experience.

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar smirked with a wink as soon as she saw Gloomy's reaction to get word choice. Of course she knew what the mare had originally meant, but she wanted to continue the same sort of fun that they were having yesterday. The flirty fun just felt natural, and made it feel like they had been friends forever. She nodded when Gloomy said that as long as she still has coffee, all of the above sounded good. She nodded and went to work in the kitchen once more. While she might have been a model by trade, cooking was something that she enjoyed. The way that you could take individual items and mix them together in unimagined ways to make something truly amazing always intrigued and baffled her. She loves experimenting with new flavors. Sometimes they worked, and other times... Well, Hitch's critters would get a free lunch. 

She wasn't going to be experimenting today. Just some simple cheesy eggs, hay bacon, and some pancakes. "Well... I was going to make hashbrowns. I am apparently out of potatoes. Oh well. Those take a while to prepare properly anyway. You can't simply shred the potatoes and run with it. They have to be frozen a specific way for them to cook properly. Otherwise you end up with just super buttery fried shredded potatoes. Which are also pretty delicious themselves honestly," she smiled as she started cracking eggs. "How many eggs would you like?"

"Hmm, two eggs please."  Two eggs always felt... right, to Gloomy.  She wasn't sure why, since her appetite would sometimes wax and wane, affecting how many eggs she could comfortably stomach in a meal.  She supposed there was just something aesthetically pleasing about two yolks in one's fried eggs.  Unless Sugar served them over-easy or scrambled.  "How do you usually cook them?"  She asked, curious.  "I like most ways eggs are done, except hard-boiled yolks.  It's a texture thing, same with my folks."

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar nodded as she began to crack the eggs into the bowl. Two eggs were always about her limit as well when she has other stuff to go with it. If she's just making sandwiches, she'll make four. Enough for two eggs per sandwich. She paused when she heard Gloomy ask how she usually prepared then. "Yeah, I'm kind of the same way with hard boiled eggs. Though if you take the yolk and shred it up over like a salad or something is not as bad. If nothing else, it's full of nutrients for the garden. Hard boiled egg whites are tasty," she smiled. "As far as how I usually make them, I almost always make them scrambled with lots of cheese. Usually I'm making sandwiches, and scrambled eggs hold together better on bread," she added, mixing the batter up for the pancakes. 

"Eggs scrambled with cheese..."  Gloomy rolled the phrase over in her tongue like it was some exotic dish she had never heard of before.  And truth be told, simple concept as it was, she'd never had eggs prepared like that.  "I believe those shall please."  She nodded, quite confident that Sugar would serve something tasty up.

After a few seconds, she asked,  "Is it all on the hook, or should I help you cook?"  The silence and the waiting were starting to get to her; it had been a long time since anypony had cooked breakfast for her.

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar smiled and continued to prepare the eggs as planned as she heard Gloomy say that they would work. Sugar wasn't normally a very talkative mare in the mornings herself, but in her defense, she also had never woken up with another pony before. Everything was kind of new for her. Even moreso was the offer for Gloomy to help her cook. She was actually caught off guard by the comment before pointing back a bit in her life before realizing something. "Sorry," she said breaking the awkward silence. "That was... Actually the first time that anypony has ever offered to help me with... Well, anything. That wasn't mom, Dad, or gram gram anyway. I would be honored. If you could help with the pancakes, I will be forever grateful," she smiled 

Gloomy couldn't help but chuckle a bit.  "So light and airy must be your attitude, if it's so easy to get your eternal gratitude!"  But she was quick to put her coffee down and trot into the kitchen nook.  Pancakes she knew how to make, just mix the batter smooth, pour flat, flip, plate, repeat.  Simple enough.  Or would be, if this kitchen was built for two.  In all fairness, it probably was, but as neither pony in it was used to sharing, both found themselves repeatedly bumping into each other's flanks.  It was a bit surprising at first, but Gloomy quickly found herself becoming more flirtatious than irritated with her new housemate.  "You know if we keep eating this kind of food, we'll increase these same risks of appearing rude?"  Her tone and expression, however, seemed to imply that she wasn't too attached to the appearance of politeness...

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar nodded at Gloomy's statement about her attitude. "Indeed it is! It caught me off guard and I want sure how to react at first," she smiled, moving over so that Gloomy would have some space. It became quickly apparent that the kitchen didn't have as much space as she thought. She and Gloomy seemed to constantly be bumping flanks together, though the more it went on, the less it felt like accidental contact and more intentionally flirtatious. She knew that some of her last bumps were, and she giggled a bit. "Maybe if we engaged in this kind of behavior in public it would be, but here in the privacy of our house it's perfectly fine," she said, wiggling her flank a bit. "Although if we continue this much further, I'm afraid actions will need to be taken that will put our other plans on hold. Of course, I wouldn't mind, but would delay the move," she smirked.

It didn't take long after that until their breakfast was ready. With two ponies in the kitchen, the prep went by much quicker and she sat a bottle of both strawberry and maple syrup on the table for the pancakes. "One plate of cheesy eggs and hay bacon, and a double stack of pancakes," she smiled sitting in the chair next to Gloomy, rather than across from her. Ever since last night, well, since they met, really. She found herself wanting more and more to be as close to the mare as possible. It made her heart flutter a bit thinking about it. She'd certainly never felt like this about anypony here in Maretime Bay before. 

Gloomy, for her own part, giggled as their interactions resumed the more flirty wavelength they'd only, well, flirted with last night.  "On the delay, do not worry; I am not in any hurry!"  For all that though, she did tone down her bumping as the rest of the meal was prepared.  The move could wait, but breakfast must be served on the hour!

Gloomy was peering curiously at the syrups, before deciding to put a generous dollop of both maple and berry on her pancakes, before digging in.  "Mmm, 's good."  It was had to be eloquent or poetic with her mouth full, which might have been for the best.  She would have likely started with the nice texture and robust savoryness of the eggs and cheese, contrasting lightly with the sweet fluffiness of the pancakes, before eventually after 30 minutes remarking lovingly on the sparkly strawberry-syrup like streaks in Sugar's mane...
Most of that had to be just put in her smile, and the scooting closer of her own chair to Sugar's.  That probably got the point across.  After a few minutes and half a plate, she washed her bite down with a swig of coffee and a happy sigh.  "I'm likely to just eat 'till I'm full; I hope that doesn't make my company dull.  I don't normally talk over a meal; I so rarely share it with somepony real."

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar smiled when Gloomy said that their breakfast was good. Most of the meal however continued ina rather awkward silence as it appeared both of the mares were not used to eating with company. Gloomy was the first to speak, saying that she hoped that get company wasn't to fill because she didn't talk much during a meal. Sugar smile. "I'm the same way. Even when we had festivals and get togethers as a city, I still ate alone usually. It wasn't that I didn't have friends, but there were a lot of things internally that I didn't see eye to eye with in regards to others. And seeing how they ostricized Sunny because she had a different opinion... I just kinda kept quiet and to myself,"  she admitted as she finished her meal. 

Once she did, she placed her dishes in the sink and started running water for them to soak in. She would take care of those after they went to the market. Besides, breakfast food had a tendancy to stick to everything quite easily. This was especially true for flanks apparently. "Alright, whenever you're ready, we should start heading to the market. That was we can get what we need for the move and I can day my goodbyes and all," she smiled. 

Gloomy nodded, magically manipulating her pancake to sop up the last of the syrup.  "It's the mark of a good friend to be comfortably quiet, whether together you feast or you diet."  She gave a smile of quiet humor towards Sugar.  "The food was very delicious, thank you."  Following her to leave the dishes to soak, she splashed her face with some of the water to wipe off the stickiness.

"I think I'm ready to face the world now; It'd be nice to be shown around the town before we leave it, after all.  You're very sweet, Sugar, but I would like to sample at least one more earth pony before we go, you know"

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar couldn't help but giggle as her mind went other places when she heard Gloomy talk about sampling other earth ponies. She knew exactly what she meant by it, but it didn't stop her from imagining things. Though if she was honest, the thoughts made her feel.... Kinda jealous. They had only just met yesterday, so it would hardly be fair to say that Gloomy was her unicorn friend and everypony what could go find their own. That feeling was nagging at her a little bit though, especially as flirty as they were and the prospect of those flirts turning into more later. She gave her head a small shake to clear her thoughts and smiled once again. She gave Gloomy a soft nuzzle.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. As for other ponies here, and where we should try first... We should probably head to Sunny's smoothie stall. She always has boxes from her fruit shipments, so if anypony is gonna have enough for a move it works be her. Plus Sunny is one of the nicest ponies here in Maretime Bay. Oh, and steer clear of Posey... She hasn't really taken a liking to the new ways and thinks that things were better off before... I'm not sure how she can think like that but... Hey, I guess it just takes longer for some ponies to break old habits than others," she smiled, before grabbing her neck bag and opening the front door, waiting for Gloomy to follow, or lead. She definitely didn't mind the view from behind. One thing's for sure. Gloomy had definitely awakened a side of her that she didn't know she had. 

Gloomy blushed as she realized, once again, that her words were venturing off into unintended implications.  At this point, would it just be easier to put the intention into the implications and have done with it?  Well, maybe not this time; she really didn't have that kind of interest in any other earth pony right now, for all that she'd taken to Sugar quickly.  But such rapid takeoffs of affinity were... if not wholly exceptional, certainly not universal, from the sound of it.  

"It might not just be old habits, but the new expectations.  Everypony looking at me and thinking I ought to be happier than I was just made me feel mushed.  Even if ponies don't mind where you want them to go, they will resent being pushed."  It was the most charitable way she could think of how Posey was described; maybe it wasn't accurate, but as a poet, she often had to search inwardly for these resonant empathies.  "But it would be nice to see Sunny again; she'll probably recognize me, though we were never introduced."  To increase the odds of that, she lifted her beret off from the hatstand to put it back on, tilting it to the right angle before following Sugar out.  

"You will will have to take the lead today; I'm new here, don't know the way."  I.e., it was her turn to enjoy the view, which she felt more comfortable now indulging in.  After all, if it wasn't minded...

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

The implications of Gloomy's words seemed to hit her not to long after Sugar was having the same thoughts. At this point they might as well just be intentionally flirtatious... Although for Sugar... It was kind of already heading that way. Still, Sugar knew it they didn't get out of the door and to the market now, this was going to go to a place that... She very much wanted it to go, but would make all other plans moot. 

Them Gloomy brought up a point that she hasn't considered herself. With all three races getting along again now, it came with a whole new slew of expectations that came with it. Specifically, how others should be treated. Most of these made sense, but there was also the unwritten expectation that everypony is supposed to be completely happy with everything. She never thought about the fact that some ponies might not be happy with how things are now. She definitely knew that Posey wasn't happy. Now that she thought about it... The complaint box at Sheriff Hitch's office was starting to get full. She also listened as Gloomy told her that everypony in Bridlewood was expecting her to be happier than she had been. "I can see how that would make things a bit more difficult. Thinking about it now, that actually makes a lot of sense, and might be part of what might be bugging some of the others, but I'm sure everypony will help each other through this new time, and everything will be better for it. Sometimes we just have to take a chance," Sugar smiled, giving Gloomy a quick, friendly peck on her cheek.  "Hopefully I can help with the making you happier part," she said with another middle before pulling in front of her to lead the way. She did put a little bit of sway in her step, but not nearly as much as she had when they were alone. They were in public now, and that wouldn't be in good taste. 

Sunny's stand actually wasn't that day from Sugar's house. It was only a few blocks away, and they were able to get there relatively quickly. It was still relatively early in the day so she didn't seem to be too busy, and a few others seemed to be out and about as well. There did appear to be one pony in front of them so Sugar patiently waited with Gloomy for their turn in line. 

Sunny was having a good day at her stand. Sales were always brisk and on warm, happy days like today, that briskness never seemed to stop. It was a testament to the excellent palates of the city of Maretime Bay that her smoothies were roundly considered, 'pretty good for the price and very convenient' as well as, 'very serviceable and not at all trash'. She was happy to serve. It helped her set apart from some of her competitors. She didn't know why they were always changing flavors and going nuts with advertising. Just do simple stuff well and simple folk would by fits and starts come to rely on you. And she only lost a few customers over the years due to her random bouts of intense proselytizing, which had in turned rebounded into even brisker, happier business once the truth had been revealed. And while that truth meant a great many wonderful things in a great many wonderful ways for wonderful ponies across cities and species, today that truth just meant big bits. Maybe she could buy Pipp a hat for the sun? She didn't know if pegasi flying high in the clouds were easier to get sunburned or not...

"Here you go, Pinwheel!" She said as she shot out a blueberry infused smoothie, one of her more popular flavors. It was made with mostly real blueberries, to boot. Pinwheel dropped the required bits and trotted away, Sunny, using her foreleg to sweep them into her bits drawer and shutting it as she took a breath and looked at her next customers. She didn't look ahead- bad business. She'd get too excited if she saw Izzy or Zipp or Hitch and make a mistake, and nopony liked mistakes. Especially the bits, they definitely disliked the mistakes. Luckily, two familiar faces showed up. Well, one familiar face and one newer but hopefully soon enough familiar face. She knew Sugar Moonlight well enough. Pretty well off and well to do Maretime Bay pony who was one of the needlessly remorseful of them all. Gloomy Sonnet, if Sunny remembered right, was much more a stranger. She knew her mostly through the Izzy Osmosis Phenomenon, or IOP. That would not be as helpful today. "Hey there Gloomy, Sugar! How are you two doing?"

Quick and friendly the peck may have been, but it still warmed Gloomy Sonnet from horn to hoof.  There was a little blush deepening the gray fur in her face as the nuzzle was returned, and she quietly followed Sugar with a serene smile to Sunny's smoothies.  Though their body language might be a bit muted for public consumption, it would be rather obvious the two mares were feeling quite close and affectionate right now.  *Does this count as a first date?  Taking me out for a smoothie?*  The unicorn couldn't help but think to herself as they stood in line.  Was a subtle way of starting out, but she could appreciate leaving some things implicit, and not wasting words on what was happening naturally.

Sunny, it seemed, did remember her name, and Gloomy gave a little wave to the earth pony who had turned up in Bridlewood with a posse that turned everything upside-down for the lot of them.  Of course, now that they could see it, it was really turning the world right-side-up again.  There was plenty to be grateful to her for, and she was now feeling a little shy, now that she realized that.  Why, she'd have never met Sugar Moonlight if not for Sunny, and that thought was just too terrible!  "The coming of the Sun to me heralded the Moon; you helped make for me a very joyful June."  She smiled a bit at Sunny, hoping her meaning came across.  "Thank you."

• Like 1

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar smiled as they waited in line. A million thoughts were running through her mind right now. Would the other ponies here in Maretime Bay understand her desires to leave? Would she be seen as a traitor? She knew a good number of ponies were having trouble adjusting. Honestly, that was kind of another reason she was looking to move now. Between the Canterlogic factory, and now Posey and her gang trying to bring back the old ways... She didn't feel Maretime Bay was going to be a good place for a new experimenting couple. Definitely not so when one of those was a unicorn. 

Her thoughts were brought back when she heard Sunny greet the two of them and was a bit surprised when Sunny knew Gloomy's name, and Gloomy saying that she remembered Sunny. She then lightly tapped the side of her head. "That's right..." she started. "I was gonna ask how you two knew each other already but I forgot that you've actually been to Bridlewood. As for the two of us," Sugar smiled, giving Gloomy another nuzzle. "We're doing quite well. That's actually why were here. I would like a strawberry mango smoothie, whatever Gloomy here wants, and then every empty box that you have in the back," she said, adding more of a sheepish smile at the end of the last bit.

• Like 1