Dealing with Empires of Gold and Dirt (Closed:Icy)

Blueblood

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice nodded at Blue's encouragement. Though she wasn't sure is she would call it that persay. After all, it wasn't like things would change one way or another. She was simply just being herself, and that's all she would ever be. When she changed the subject and started talking about the new little one, Ice smiled. "I would love to see him! And would be nice to see Dunnie again. I haven't seen them since the Hearth's Warming I got my spheres. Yeesh, that would be before I opened the Fire and Ice. Before it was even built for that matter," she smiled, following Bluebelle up the stairs.

• 3 weeks later...

The air outside the room was thick with a cocktail of foal-care products. A pony as hardy as Dunnie wouldn't let the strange smell put her mind at unease. If it could the mare would be too beleaguered to let it inhibit her much-needed rest. That was until her ears perked and turned to the sound of distant, rhythmic thumping of hooves on wood. The mare turned and her hoof instinctively reached to an ivory grip beside the bed, but Dunnie's eyes darted to white and gold embossed door which stood regal against the equally elegant wall. Her ears took another beat to scrutinize those approaching steps as her pale-brown wings came up and around to the tiny bundle laying on her chest to cover his ears. "Bluey? Icy?" Her voice was a whisper, but powerful enough to hopefully project beyond the heavy wooden door. The mare's wings in a gentle and smooth motion lifted her precious companion off her chest and onto her bed and doing so, the mare let out a soft wheezing breathe. Then she set out in a flurry, reaching for a nearby robe to cover her body and the bandages that wrapped tightly around her abdomen. The door she pulled open enough to peek her head out and pressed her shoulder and hoof to the thing to keep it from opening further. She would greet the two ponies with a gentle smile slapped beneath her exhausted eyes. "What are you both doing here? Is everything alright?"

• Like 1

Smiling, Blueblood had opened the door to the room upstairs, going ahead to kiss Dunnie's muzzle as she peeked her way around the door.  "Oh, I hope I didn't wake you.  Icy was visiting because we had to discuss a matter of state, but I felt that she shouldn't go before she got a chance to be introduced to little Pax.  And see you again, too."  Dunnie had opted for c-section, on the not-unreasonable grounds that a cut healed better than a tear.  That did mean her recovery was a little extended, and Blue hoped he hadn't prompted her to overexert herself.

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm waited patiently as Blue announced their presence and waited for the mare inside to respond to them. The door opened enough for Dunnie to peek her head through and ask if everything was okay. The sight of Blue responding to her poking her muzzle through the door with a kiss was cute and adorable and something she'd have to do with her girls at some point. When she heard Dunnie's voice, it was soft, almost a whisper, and from the look on her face. She must have only been just released from the hospital with the little one today, or at least within the past couple of days. She wore a soft smile on her face, happy that her old friend had found somepony that could make her happy. sure, they had their differences in the past, but that was all water under the bridge. Plus she had her own herd now, and would probably be looking for a way to create new life themselves. Though from Blue's advice, that shouldn't be too hard. Now it's just a matter of timing, and, well, who.

Of course, that had little bearing on the now as she listened to Blue respond to Dunnie's words, saying that Ice was visiting to discuss some things, and that she shouldn't leave yet without at least meeting the little one, or seeing her again. Ice nodded. "Of course. It warms my heart to see you happy again. I can't imagine there being any more joy in the world than becoming a mother, and I'm sure you will be amazing at it," she smiled.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dunnie's eyes opened wide as her lips were met, but she did not close her eyes or relax into the lips. Instead, her gaze remained hard as it darted between the two ponies in front of her, almost frantically. The pegasus retreated back into the cool room where the warmth of the bed was slowly fading. A hoof skipped on the ground as she prepared to step back and cease her stalwart defense, careful not to tense her torso up too much. The weight of the past few days came bearing down like the weight of her body against the door, and cracked the mare's volition. "You didn't wake me." She responded with a soft sigh as she stepped back and expertly threw the door open just enough so that it would not swing into the wall. As she turned away from the hanging door, she offered Icy a suddenly more exhausted smile. "Thank you." a contemplate pause hung in the air. "Don't let it warm too much, you might melt." A frazzled wing pulled away from her body and pointed at the blue unicorn as the pegasus winked.

Pax was there on the bed and wrapped tightly in a white blanket. His eyes were closed and mouth open just enough to let his tiny breathing continue unhindered. His coat could be described as similar to Dunnie's except a few hues lighter or similar to Blueblood's except blonder. But there was no horn on his head, much unlike his father.

• Like 1

Bluebelle blinked a little at her wife's reaction, but she supposed it made sense, with everything she'd gone through to get here.  Stress was pushing her to default responses, nesting, territorial.  It got that way with Pegasi sometimes, best to let her work through it.  Post-prandial could be a right b---- sometimes.

Blue and Icy followed Dunnie in, and the princess lit up her horn with a light glow so her friend could see her son a little more clearly.  Her beautiful, beautiful son...

She hadn't expected Pax to be an earth pony; either horns or wings from one of his parents was the most likely birth-gift, and Blue had secretly cherished a mad little hope that he might somehow be born with both.  Perhaps this was a jesting response from a humorous universe, but she seriously loved him all the same.  "There he is, Icy."  She said, in a soft voice, gently running a hoof over his little mane.  "He'll grow into a strong stallion one day."

• Like 1