Rockfrest on the Beach! {Attn: Blue, Open}

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

To say that Jazz was looking forward to today was an understatement. She simply could not stop talking about the Rock and Metal Festival coming to Maretime Bay! Every since the unification occurred, it opened everypony up to loads of new styles of music, and some of them melded together. Jazz for one absolutely loved the hard and heavy head-banging music that some of the new metal bands were pushing out. Sure, the constant talking about the festival made Pipp feel a bit jealous, and Jazz assured her friend that she still loved her music too! This was just a different style and she was totally embracing it! Now the day was here, and she couldn't contain her excitement any longer. Spiky hooflets, check, spiky collar, check, spiky earrings, check, her mane done in a pony-hawk for the occasion, also check! She did an excited trot in place before bursting out the door of Mane Melody so she could be at the front of the line, or at least close to the front for when they opened the event on the beach.

Unfortunately for Jazz, and a greyish-white pony with a glittery red and white mane and tale, she was to excited to realize where she was running when she went through the door as she slammed into the other pony with enough force that they actually tumbled a bit. When they stopped, the world seemed to spin for a bit before Jazz looked at the pony that she was now entwined with. "Oh my hoofness! I'm so sorry! I should have been," she started seeing the red mane. At first she panicked, and started looking the mare over for injuries. Spikes were sharp after all, and she hoped that she hadn't accidentally stabbed the pony that she ran into. When she didn't see anything it then clicked. "Sugar? Oh wow! It's been ages since I've seen you here! How have you been? You know, when you're not getting bowled over by mares not watching where they're going..." Jazz said sheepishly.

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Sugar had traveled the distance back to Maretime Bay with her marefriend. Things had settled in well in Bridlewood, and they had reached a point where vacations could be a thing, and the two of them came back to Maretime Bay. Both so Sugar could revisit some friends, but they had heard about a festival that was going on and they wanted to check it out. IT was some sort of music festival with a new kind of music that had been created since the unification. Music was always interesting before, but now that the other tribes could put their own twist on things, it evolved rapidly. She found herself looking and reading one of the fliers before looking over to Onyx. "It says here that they are trying to call the genre... 'metal'. I'm not entirely sure wh-" she started before a swift and sudden impact sent her and another pony tumbling a bit.

When they finally stopped, Sugar sat up, her eyes spinning in her head for a few moments before she finally shook it and regained her senses. "Hey! What was that For?" she asked, looking at the pony that had careened into her. It seemed that her question fell on deaf ears as the other pony was also still collecting herself. When she saw her, she had to do a double take. It looked like one of her friends, but at the same time, there was so much that was different. "Jazz?" she asked, the mare's answer confirming. "I would say that I've been doing pretty well myself. Jazz, this is my marefriend, Onyx," she said pointing over to her with her hoof. "Though I must ask, did something happen when I left? I don't remember you being so.... spiky..."

The last time she was in Maretime Bay, Onyx hadn't seen much of it.  Although, in one sense, it was worth asking if Onyx had ever been to Maretime Bay in the first place; since the mare now going by that name had used another when she first arrived as a much sadder and lonelier pony than she was now.  The change that had come over her ever since she had met Sugar Moonlight was so remarkable that Sunny Starshine could well use her as the poster mare for friendship, with nicely-framed "before" and "after" shots.

Whether or not the uniter of tribes had a photo booth reserved for her, the poet-formerly-known-as Gloomy Sonnet was looking forward to this music festival.  With a full range of emotions now able to power her own work from within, she was ready to take on some external inspiration, maybe even get a chance to sneak backstage and talk shop with some of the lyricists.  Add to that spending time with the most wonderful Marefriend a pony could ask for, and this had all the makings of a perfect vacation!

Sugar had expressed curiosity as to why the new genre was called metal, and Onyx had a few thoughts to say on the matter:

"Lyrics cast in iron bars,

Steel strings strapped on rock guitars- HEY!"

The unicorn was a bit put out at the interruption, first because she wasn't a fan of Sugar getting knocked down, and second because her extempore poem had been interrupted.  She was quite proud of the 'iron bars' wordplay, for something thought up on the spot!

Supporting Sugar's head with her hooves, she looked up at the... oddly attired mare with some curiosity.  "A friend of yours?  I seem to recall the name of Jazz, but I can't put much to it."

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

Jazz let out a soft smile when Sugar asked about her attire. She could understand why Sugar would think something had happened, and technically... something did! But it wasn't anything bad or emotional like that! "Technically, both yes and no. The unity of ponies happened, and that was the most amazing thing that's happened because it's let us experience so many new things! The reason I'm dressed like this is for the festival at the beach tonight! The spiky emo look is all the style in the world of Metal! Not something I would choose for my everyday attire though. All this metal is pretty heavy. I guess that's why it's called heavy metal though!" Jazz giggled at her play on words.

She stopped dead in her hooves though as she stood up and the last part of what Sugar had said finally clicked. Marefriend.... Marefriend! MAREFRIEND!!!! she sqeaked internalled to herself before losing containment and the squee left her as she trotted in place. "Oh My Gosh!!! Sugar has a Marefriend! Oh that is so amazing!" she said turning to Onyx. She nodded when she asked Sugar if she was a friend of hers. "We were friends back in filly school! We kinda grew apart a bit, but we kept in touch for the most part!" she said, looking at both of them. "You have got to tell me everything."

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

After Jazz stood up, Sugar followed suit, brushing herself off from the now overly excited stylist pony, giving a small laugh at her eccentrics before looking at Onyx Again. "Yeah, Jazz and I go way back! In fact, she was the one that introduced me to Glitter! And we see how well that turned out! even... if it does get all over our pillows and make for sparkle filled mornings..." Sugar smiled again, turning to Jazz this time.

"It's actually funny that you mentioned the Festival," she smiled. "That's actually why we're here! We're going to it too! We were actually on our way to book our stable at the hotel! I presume that they reopened it after the unity event, since Maretime Bay is getting travelers now!"

"I presume so as well. I heard something about it reopening, but if you didn't reserve one ahead of time, then it might be a bit difficult. There's a lot of ponies here for this," Jazz admitted, seeing a small look of worry develop in her friends eyes. "Fear not though Moony, I gotcha covered. If you can't get a room at the in, you could always stay in my guest room! In fact... just skip the inn entirely! I insist! I've got plenty of room, and you can spend the bits you were going to pay for the rooms on more rock albums! Five Feather Pega-Punch is going to be debuting their new album tonight, and the first fifty ponies in get a signed copy of the CD tonight! A full week before it's available to buy!!!" Jazz smiled.

Accidental Allegro

To say that Allegro wasn't thrilled with recent events would have been something of an understatement. One moment he had been happily spending time in his ocean cave, messing around with some old clocks in order to try and make an interesting backdrop of noise to try and create some music with and the next, he was covering his ear fins as tightly as he could while... noise happened!

Even at the distance he was away from it, the wretched thing seemed to take advantage of the very acoustics that normally made his home pleasant to practice his love of music within to give itself a fresh burst of horrific life so it could pound into his skull like a hammer. Crying out in pain that seemed to be swallowed up and blend into the screeching that was assaulting him in the first place, Allegro tried to wait whatever this was out... and when it failed to end he was forced to abandon his dwelling and dived into the salt water of one of the entrances of his home, swimming as fast as he could to try and put distance between himself and that... that noise!

Getting a decent distance out into the Bay, Allegro's head slowly poked out of the water. Even as his fins pressed down against his head, he could still hear the distant sounds and see the colored, bright lights that were coming from the beach. What was going on?!

Learning that Jazz was an old friend of Sugar's let Onyx be a little more at her ease, and she put out a hoof for the other mare to shake.  "So you're the mare I have to thank for waking up with glitter on my tongue?"  Her tone was mock-serious, but her eyes were sparkling like her marefriend's mane with humor.  "I shall thank you all the more for lodging after all the songs are sung."  Rhymes were to her second nature, and it always filled her with a little pleasure when she could set her life to the meter of her poetry.

As buoyed as her mood was, the years of her life spent as Gloomy Sonnet had done much to increase her sensitivity to negative emotions.  And in the midst of this celebratory festival, there came to her extra-aetheric senses the discordant note of distress.  She frowned suddenly, looking around the town and bay for the source.  "Is there something quite the matter... with that stallion in the water?"  She pointed out into the bay, where Allegro was treading water, and appearing to not enjoy the show in the least!

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Jazz was quick to return the hoofshake and giggled a bit when Onyx told her that she was the mare to thank for her waking up to glitter on her tongue. "Guilt as charged, though to be fair, you're not supposed to eat the glitter. You're supposed to eat what's under it," Jazz said with a playful wink, making Sugar's cheeks turn a beautiful shade of pink.

"Jazz!" the grey coated sparkly earth pony would reply. "Not in public!" she chided, still blushing.

"I kid, I kid," She smiled, listening to Onyx speak again. She could really dig the speaking in rhymes thing. The mare was obviously some sort of poet, and what was music but an extension of poetry! She did raise an eyebrow though as she asked about a stallion in the water. She had to hold her hoof up to her face, and the added weight made it move faster than anticipated, so she whacked herself with a spike. "Ow! Okay, those are really pointy. Gotta be careful with those," she added trying again. "Uh, that looks like Allegro, but I don't know why he's way out there and not on the beach enjoying the fun!"

"Allegro..." Sugar spoke. "The name doesn't sound familiar, but there are a lot of new ponies here in Maretime Bay now, so that's not surprising. That said, we should start making our way to where the line will actually be, otherwise we're going to be waiting for a while," she said, pointing to a few others that were already waiting with tents, skipping the lodging entirely.

Accidental Allegro

Now that he had enough distance to hear himself think and the noise wasn't so... painfully loud, Allegro gazed at the beach and considered his options. Going home was, for the time being, not one of them. He also didn't have any idea of how long it might be until that situation corrected itself. After a few moments, he let out a loud, tired sigh as he acknowledge to himself that he was going to have to go back to the beach and endure the bombardment of terrible noise so he could ask someone how long this was going to last for.

Diving back under the water for a few moments so he could bask in the glorious quiet for a moment to strengthen his resolve, a quick song installed the illusion of an earth pony he tended to take whenever he desired the company of other ponies. The form he would have had if he had been born fully pony...

Poking his head out of the water again, this time where waves broke against the sand, the soaking wet stallion walked out of the ocean with his ears pressed against his skull and a clear look in his face that he didn't want to be where the sound and crowd was... but after a brief look around he spied someone that he recognized... if barely. "Jazz Hooves? Wh- Why are you covered in metal and moving towards this terrible noise?"

Onyx blushed a bit alongside Sugar, but managed a retort to Jazz, "You are right, though you may titter; but why is there no edible glitter?"  It would certainly make cleaning it up easier, since if was made edible, it would also be water-soluble.  Not that Onyx minded her treehouse getting a more sparkly redecoration since Sugar moved in, but still, you did have to clean that stuff up eventually, since it would get everywhere.

Following Sugar's lead down to the beach, the trio of mares would eventually encounter the distressed-looking Allegro.  Seeing him anxious in the midst of joy did strike a pang of empathy in her heart, coming out in another couplet.  "The same songs as us he hears, but it is not music to all ears."

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

After a few moments, Jazz watched Allegro come to the beach, and he seemed a bit more on edge than all of her previous interactions with him. When he spoke up, she immediately knew what the problem was, and Onyx's words had solidified it. He was most definitely not a fan of the music that was being played. Considering that she remembered him living on, or along the beach somewhere here, that could be a problem. She could only giggle a bit though when he asked why she was covered in metal. "Because it's the style of the concert that we're heading to! Believe it or not, this is actually a form of music! It's hard, heavy, and loud! symbolic with bits of metal actually. They are usually hard, heavy, and shine through a crowd," she said, tapping her hoof to her chin. "Huh, now that I think about it, that might be why it's called metal music. It's definitely way different, and I could see how somepony wouldn't like it though," she smiled.

Sugar would nod in agreement with Jazz. "Honestly, I've never heard it before tonight so this will be my first exposure to it. I do like some of the band names that are performing... Maretallica, Five Feather Pega-Punch like Jazz said earlier, the image of that actually cracks me up a bit thinking about it. Though I'm really anxious to see the band called Party Canon. Their name is so different and the logo isn't anything like the others, so they got to have something up their hooves!" she said looking back to Allegro. "I do have one question for you though... You were way out in the water only a few moments ago before you started walking out onto the beach. How did you get over here so fast? Nopony can swim that fast! At least... not that I can remember. But you should totally have that timed! I'm sure you could have the earth pony record for fastest swim speed!"

Accidental Allegro

To say that Allegro was not thrilled at the explanation that the noise he was currently hear was, in fact, a concert of some kind would be akin to saying that the ocean was full of water. True, but kind of a simplistic way of describing it. As his ears remained flat against his head, he took a deep breath to try and calm himself down before he asked the question that he was...somewhat dreading the answer too. "How long is this going to last for?"

While he didn't know Onyx and Sugar, their statements caused Allegro to look at the pair... and Sugar's comment about his swim speed actually seemed to make him slightly bashful, even if the current conditions meant that he was still somewhat pained. Somewhat humbly, he scuffed a hoof against the ground as he answered "Oh, mum and dad both love the ocean. It's how they met actually... and they both always insisted I learn how to swim. But if you think that was fast, you should see my mother in the water sometime when she gets back. She is a much stronger swimmer then me." The fact that his mother wasn't a pony didn't need to be brought up.

Onyx was as new to the world of metal as... well, pretty much anypony, seeing as the style was pretty new.  "It is a hybrid come into the world, boldly it marches with banners unfurled.  But when hybrids go off to the races, they're not always greeted by smiling faces."  The unicorn didn't know about Allegro's parentage, of course, referring only to the style and why it might grate upon unfamiliar ears.

If anything, she was probably the most sympathetic of all mares present to his plight, and was willing to sacrifice a place in line to talk a little more with him.  "The festival is at least all day, and then perhaps another.  I doubt you'll find it quite as quick as the great swimmer, your mother."  Wow, were her rhymes on fire today!

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Jazz also felt a bit sympathetic for the pony that was standing in front of her. She had to admit that Sugar had a point when it came to the swimming, but the explanation that Allegro gave seemed reasonable enough. Still, she hadn't realized it before, but that was quite fast indeed! She also absolutely loved the way that Onyx spoke. Everything was so poetic. Which, she supposed made sense, considering the unicorn was a poet. Her ears shrank back a bit as she heard Onyx answer Allegro asking how long the event was going to last. She kinda rubbed the back of her head with a hoof and gave a sheepish smile. "Ehehe... would... you be mad if I said it's going to last all weekend? And technically, it hasn't even started yet. They are just doing the sound checks! So I guess to be fair, what you're hearing right now wouldn't technically be the actual music anyway. Some of them even blend genres together! I think you'll love day two of the event! It's got bands like Sparklessence, Cradle of Filth, and Beethooven's Second! They all have adapted the metal sound to fit inside of symphonies and use their music to tell stories!" Jazz said, clearly excited about the upcoming event, and happy to be talking about it with somepony else.

Sugar watched as Allegro kind of bashfully hoofed at the sand when she noted his speed. She could definitely say that wasn't the reaction that she was expecting. If she had the ability to swim that fast, she would be proud of it! At least she would be until everypony started complimenting her about every time they saw her do it. Again... and again... and... okay, so she could actually see where that reaction would come from. After a while a pony would hear it so many times that they would get self-conscious about it. When he talked about his parents, she perked up a bit. "Oh? I would love to meet them at some point! Shoot, I might actually know them. Maretime Bay isn't that big you know. Although I honestly couldn't remember you for the life of me... Please don't take that the wrong way!" Sugar blurted out, wincing a bit afterward at how that could have been interpreted. She wasn't that kind of pony to try to many anyone else feel less important.

Accidental Allegro

Allgero did not know Onyx. First time meeting the mare and all that... they hadn't even been introduced yet! But right now he focused on the mare with a surprising intensity. His thoughts were... honestly, he wasn't quite sure what he was thinking at the moment. His thoughts were scattered; He was around way to many ponies, the damn noise that... okay, according to Jazz was the 'sound checks' and not the actual music itself, but that was cold comfort really... and the rhyming mare mentioning hybrids. Did she know? Did he not put the illusion on correctly?!

His chest... his chest was getting really tight and it was getting really hard to breath. It was... it was all too much. "E-Excuse me, I need... I need..." He didn't really know what he needed, but he felt the overwhelming urge to just get away from the crowd and all the noise but... he couldn't. It was like his legs had stopped responding to him as he suddenly fell backwards onto his flank, sitting down and clearly not in control of the situation that was himself.

He didn't know it, but he was having a panic attack.

Onyx was a little nonplussed to be the center of Allegro's full attention, but she rallied as best she could.  The unicorns of Bridlewood had been no stranger to bouts of extreme negative emotion, and already a strong line of understanding therapists were filtering out into the earth pony and pegasi communities.  She herself wasn't so highly trained, but she knew a panic attack when she saw one.  "Breathe, deep, slow... Don't worry...."  She moved to brace his back, looking up at Sugar.  "You have some earplugs?  I know we would want them if we were standing close to the... what do you call them, amplifiers?"  It was a measure of her concern that she wasn't rhyming right now.

Once the stallion was in a less anxious state of mind, Onyx would step back, looking apologetically up at Jazz.  "Thank you for the kindness you do not lack; and I'm sorry that we'll be likely standing in the back."

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

The plight that Allegro was going through did not go unnoticed by Jazz either. Somewhat doubling as a therapist as she worked with her clients, she found herself helping other ponies through a lot of their own personal problems and she had learned to be able to tell a panic attack when she sees one, and Allegro was definitely having one. Thankfully, Onyx also recognized this and took immediate action, followed by her own hoof going to his shoulder and moving to the opposite side that Onyx had moved to in case he started to shift that direction instead. "Easy there Allegro, In... Ouuuuuut, Iiiin Ouuuuuut," she told him, trying to help him take long, relaxing breaths. She turned to Onyx when she said that they would likely stay more towards the back, she nodded. "Originally I was wanting to be as close to the stage as possible, trying to get some extra autographs or anything that they might throw off the stage, but that's no longer important now. Making sure my friend is okay means more than a few extra souvenirs, so I'll be joining you, if... that's okay. I have the feeling this was kinda supposed to be a date thing between you and Sugar so I wouldn't want to impose."

While the other two attempted to start calming down the other earth pony, Sugar moved over to one of the stalls briefly so that she could buy a bottle of water for Allegro. As she watched Jazz and Onyx work, she handed Jazz the water for her to give it to Allegro. She hated seeing ponies like this because ultimately it led them to make rash, unsafe decisions. She was still haunted sometimes at night from watching the lighthouse fall with Sunny and that other unicorn inside because of Sprouts derangement, which in itself, was brought on by fear and panic because that was all they were ever taught! For a moment, she shuddered a bit before pushing the memory aside and returning to her more chipper self as Jazz spoke.

"Well, we are dating, and we weren't planning on much of anything else. However, I couldn't say no to one of my old friends. Besides, perhaps we can turn this into a double date this way. Once your friend here calms down a bit more," she said with a smile, trying more to lighten the mood more than anything else. She wasn't sure if they helped everypony, but jokes certainly helped her feel better when she was upset. After all, any problem could be solved with a good laugh. When Onyx asked about ear plugs though, she frowned a bit. "I actually didn't think of that... so I'm afraid that I didn't bring any. We might be able to catch a store that has some though if we hurry. If we're going to rest towards the back of the venue anyway, then there's not much point to us being at the front of the line, so we have time if we want to shop around for a bit first."

Accidental Allegro

It took a few minutes before Allegro was able to feel the tight, breath stealing grip on his lungs start to fade away. The presence of Jazz and Onyx helped a great deal under the circumstances, but it still took time for swallow, quick breaths to turn into slow, deep ones. With the internal crisis somewhat under control, he focused on his breathing for a few moments longer and simply... tried to listen to the small herd of mares that had gathered around him to offer their support to him; The sounds from the stage were still loud and distressing, but having friends there... it helped more then he knew how to say.

Once he was fairly confident that he wouldn't sound completely breathless when he tried to speak, he managed to softly say to the three mares "T-Thank you. I'm sorry for making you get out of your line... It's just that between all the noise and the crowd..." He trailed off, actively stopping himself from looking back at the line and what might be a lot of ponies looking at him due to the scene he accidentally caused. "D-Don't worry about the earplugs. I think... I think I'm just going to go before I make things worse. Maybe its time to visit the lighthouse... that might be far enough away where the noise won't bother me."

The lack of ear plugs was unfortunate, but Allegro seemed to be calming down, though not willing to stick around, it sounded like.  "I wouldn't mind your company, either of you."  Onyx spoke to both Allegro and Jazz.  "One really can't be private in a public venue, and it would be nice to get to know old friends and new."  A Rhyming thruplet, and she wasn't even trying that time!  That did perk her up a bit, her ears back up and pointed, giving her beret a jaunty angle.

"It's up to you whether to stay of course, if you'd rather leave we will not force.  But the old saying holds true, its worth to try things that are new.  Even if you decide to never recur, it's good at least to know for sure."  She smiled back up at Sugar Moonlight, knowing what a willingness to go out of one's comfort zone could bring.  That said... if the first mare she'd met had treated her badly, or with suspicion, she wasn't sure if she would have ever tried a second time.  A bit of a pickle to think through, that.  Almsot everything Allegro would hear from this concert would be filtered through the initial pain...

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

"Hey," Jazz says somewhat sternly when Allegro started blaming himself for delaying their fun. "You didn't make us do anything. We chose to be here to help you because that's what friends do," she said, listening to Onyx talk about him giving it a chance before making a decision, but if he wanted to leave, then they wouldn't stop him. "She's right, if you want to leave, we won't stop you. But if I remember correctly, doesn't sound travel much farther under water? I recall reading something in the salon magazines that whale calls can travel a thousand miles or something like that?" Jazz asked.

Sugar stayed silent while Jazz and Onyx tried to calm Allegro down. Given the current situation, there wasn't much more that she could provide than what Onyx and Jazz were giving him, and showering him with to much attention could actually be bad and cause a relapse. Instead she moved to be next to Onyx and waited for things to calm down a bit. She simply leaned against her marefriend.

Accidental Allegro

Being able to focus on something that he knew a surprising amount about, he turned to Jazz for a moment and the shadow of a smile appeared on his face. "...While true, it depends on the angle in which the sound enters the water. Otherwise it just bounces off the surface without going into it properly."

Taking a proper, deep breath with his eyes closed, he let it out slowly again before trusting himself to stand up on all four hooves. "Maybe the... noise might get better once they start actually playing proper music, but even so the crowd is just... too much for me." He offered the trio of mares a smile as he offered "I'll be fine now... and I'll go find somewhere I can hang out where I won't be bothered by all this. Now go on and have fun, alright?"

Onyx was relieved to see the smile, her coat seeming to glow a little brighter in its shade teal jade, losing a bit of grey that had shadowed it from the Time of Separation.  "If the music will not bring you joy, we will not force you with us, boy.  But I will say this before the end, it was nice to make another friend."  She would hold out her hoof for Allegro to shake, as she felt Sugar lean against her.  Smiling at feeling her warmth, she instinctively put a hoof around her marefriend's neck in a hug.

Which was cute, except that she was left standing on only two hooves, causing her to overbalance!  "Whoa-whoa-whao-OOF!"  She has swayed for a moment, before careening over an crashing into Jazz, leaving a pile of three mares on the beach.  "Oops, hehe...."  Stars, she felt so clumsy.  At least the sand was making for a soft landing.

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Jazz nodded as she listened to Allegro speak on the subject of sounds in the water. It turned out that if the sound was already in the water, then yes it would travel vast distances. If it came from outside of the water, it depended on if it could even get through its surface. She supposed that made sense. The surface of the water was very glass-like and sound could get muffled and amplified at the same time. When she heard him add that noise might actually turn to music when they actually started, but he was still probably going to have an issue with the crowd. "That's fair. A lot of ponies don't do well in crowds. If you ever feel like you need to talk about it, swing by Mane Melody at some point and I can help work you through it,and smooth out your hooves a bit while we're at it," she giggled. Before she could get too setteled though, she watched as Onyx tried to give Sugar a hug while still trying to hold onto Allegro, and that... went about as well as a pony could expect, and before she knew it, both Onyx and Sugar were now on top of her. "Oooph," she said, laughing loudly. "I guess this makes us even," she said through her laughter.

Sugar was expecting the hug and the fall even less that what Jazz was, and quickly found herself under her beloved. She joined in Jazz's laugher when she said that they were even. She then looked at Onyx. "My my," she said, giving Onyx a nuzzle. "I thought we were going to wait until we were back in the bedroom before we played this game," Sugar smirked

Accidental Allegro

Watching as the two mares fell on top of each other and started to laugh and be affectionate with each other, Allergo... kind of looked conflicted. Mostly because he was. On the one hoof, that kind of affection and companionship was something that he deeply craved... but on the other it felt wrong to observe it in someone else. With a sigh, he finally pushed himself to turn and start to walk away. "H-Have fun, alright?"

As the pony atop the pile, Onyx was the first to dismount, brushing sand off of herself as she blushed at her marefriend's words.  "Hehe, we also usually don't invite a third... I don't know what I'd think of a herd."  She had not meant the words to come out, but sometimes the urge to rhyme would make the truth come out like a glass of wine (not a rhyme, but it would scan in a song.)

She could sense, however, that such conversation was definitely causing embarrassment to Allegro, so held off anything further.  "Anyway... I'm happy to call it even Jazz.  And if you're sure, Allegro..."  Again, she hadn't a desire to push the hybrid away, it was just... she couldn't think of a way to include him that he stood a chance of actually enjoying.  Sometimes you just had to accept that, even if you wanted to make a friend, you couldn't drag them along on whatever you happened to be doing at the time.  "Do you... do any shows yourself?"  She called out after him, on a whim.

• 3 weeks later...

~~~Jazz Hooves~~~

~~~Sugar Moonlight~~~

Jazz couldn't help but blush a bit herself as she heard Onyx speak, even if she wasn't sure that she was supposed to hear that last part. However, she could tell that the conversation was also starting to fluster Allegro a bit. It wasn't until she heard Onyx ask Allegro if he did any shows himself. That got her gears turning. "Oh! If you do! then we should totally do one together! I mean, outside of karaoke at Mane Melody I've never really performed in front of others before, but who knows, that might be fun!" Jazz said excitedly.

Sugar giggled a bit when she saw that her words definitely had the desired effect, and she was certain that the nuzzle didn't hurt. However, they were in public after all so they couldn't get too carried away. However, she to blushed at the mention of a herd. She wasn't entirely sure about how she felt about that either. It wasn't that she didn't like Jazz! That would never be the case! Jazz was an amazing friend! But she was pretty sure that's all they were. She could definitely see something between Jazz and her friend here though, they were cute together, and they were both musicians in a way. It was a perfect fit! "Hmm, maybe not a third for a herd, But we could get wild once in a while," she said in a whisper to Onyx as she waited to hear Allegro's response to if he did shows or not.

Accidental Allegro

It might have surprised all three mares that Allegro hadn't actually heard the comments that they believed had flustered him. Twas merely the presence of two mares that were clearly in love with each other that caused him to want to give them some space to enjoy their time together rather then be diverted... dealing with him. However, Onyx's question did cause him to pause in his withdrawal from the area in order to turn around and look at her. Politely, he shook his head at the question before answering "N-Not really. I've never really performed for audiences... but during Nightmare Night a while back I decided to walk the beach in costume, singing haunting sea shanties." He actually glanced at Jazz and offered a small smile "I think that's when I first met you actually." He paused, before a wistful smile appeared on his face as he remembered that night. "It was also when we say Sunny wearing that amazing costume of hers too."

Jazz's actually question about doing a performance together... it caused him to get bashful in a real hurry; Something that was incredible considering how shy he seemed to be normally. "I... I... I wouldn't mind trying something like that sometime..." he managed to irk out before swallowing and regaining what little nerve he could muster. "B-But I should get out of here. Let you enjoy yourselves."