Running of the Leaves Race - Roleplay Event! NOW LIVE! Sept 4th-17th!

Manestream

ROTLBanner.png

*Update - Sept 4th, 2011!*

The event is now live! The first leg of the race can now be role-played in! Hop on over there quickly and dont get left behind!!!!

The Starting Line

*Original Post*

Oh My Little Ponies, could it really be?!

It is! As the summer season burns off, we here at Canterlot are ready to kick off a new season- season 2 of my little ponies, and the season of fall!

The Running of the Leaves Roleplay Event will be a forum-wide race that anypony can participate in!

A forum race?! How the heck does that work?! :o Let me explain! :smile:

-The Running of the Leaves is a race that spans through the White-tail woods. We will have a special thread for every two days of the race- each of these two days represent a different 'neck' of the race through White-tail woods.

-Everypony on the forum can race with one Mane RP approved OC. For each 'neck' of the race that user RP's their OC running through, we (the staff) will roll a die, and add it to their 'race score'. There are seven sections of White-tail wood to be raced through!

-We will also evaluate the quality of each post per section of the race, awarding it 0-3 (up to 3 possible points) and add that to the 'race score' for that section of the race. Quality of posts will determine how many points are awarded. You can post more than once in a section of the race, but quality will always beat quantity! The person with the highest race score at the conclusion of the race will be the victor!

-This system leaves a lot of the race up to random chance (which is much like a real race- you never know the strength of all your competitors!); but everypony will be able to directly affect their chances by how well, and how often, they choose to RP the race.

-Because of the way this is set up, even if you miss a 'section' of the race, you wont necessarily be out of your chance for 1st place- hang in there and give it your best! If you join late to the race, no problem at all! Just start RP'ing from the section that everypony is currently on- you never know, luck may just be on your side!

Summary!

-7 sections of White-tail wood = 14 days of RP!

-Each section will be open for 2 days- Thats two days to RP each section of the race. Once a section has passed, you will not be able go back to RP in it!

-You will earn race points for each section of the race you participate in (1-6 random chance, + 0-3 based on quality/frequency of RP. Thats a potential 9 points for each section!)

-There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! Give it your best shot!

-If you dont have an OC for the Mane RP, now's the time to submit! I'll be making personal rounds these next few days to help get as many OC's approved as possible for the race! :heart:

The Running of the Leaves will be starting September 4th, 2011, and will conclude September 17th, 2011; the same day as the premier of season 2!

Be sure you don't miss YOUR chance to show Equestria just how Iron Pony you are! We look forward to seeing you there! :20:

P.S. We've got so many events planned for the upcoming months (soon to show up on our calender!) that the Running of the Leaves is going to take place a little early (at the beginning of fall, instead of the end of it), but we think thats a fair trade-off for the upcoming projects we have in mind. If you're excited about what's to come, let everypony know! The more the merrier!

This post has been promoted to an article

This post has been promoted to an article

This is a WONDERFUL IDEA!

One quick question. I know that each of us can have only ONE OC pony in the race, but in our posts, can our OTHER OC's serve as a 'cheering section' WITHOUT being directly involved in the race?

Just trying to plan/think ahead for the start of the event.

Second question: Do we have to pre-register our 'entries' for the race?

• Like 1

"well ah got to win! Come on no pony can top us train pullers! Love to see one of ya wee foals do what we do!"

Now be nice! This looks like good old fun! :smug: That I'm going to win. :20:

This is a WONDERFUL IDEA!

One quick question. I know that each of us can have only ONE OC pony in the race, but in our posts, can our OTHER OC's serve as a 'cheering section' WITHOUT being directly involved in the race?

Just trying to plan/think ahead for the start of the event.

Second question: Do we have to pre-register our 'entries' for the race?

I think if you created a break in your post, and included the RP of the other OC's beneath it, that would be fine- we're only allowing one to compete for the sake of cutting back on personal work load, and confusion due to multiple scores for Rp'ers; There wont be any registration necessary, as every topic we look at in the race will have the author of the OC competing- and it should be fairly obvious which pony is running. Its mostly just for practicality, and fairness' sake :'3

Alright! This sounds pretty awesome! But...

Is this really OCs only? Can I not use my cast members (since they are the only Mane RP approved characters I have)?

Oh- my apologies i forgot to specify! You can TOTALLY use the Mane RP approved Characters that are cast or OC's! see my comment above about multiple ponies racing too- as long as its after a very clear 'break' in the post, I think that will make it clear and easy for us to manage the race <3

oh bother

i just can't see dixie participating

maybe on the sidelines?

Absolutely! It would be a shame not to have your OC in the race, but if its just not their cup-o-tea, then you can RP from the sidelines! Just do us a huge favor and stick at the beginning of your post [NOT COMPETING- JUST PARTICIPATING] for each post; that would help us out a lot <3

First of all...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I had a few ideas of how to 'evaluate' the running of the leaves in RP. This idea, however, is much better and simpler than anything I would have come up with, lol. Kudo's the the Canterlot team and yay for another event. It's gonn be so awesome!! :kissy:

Absolutely! It would be a shame not to have your OC in the race, but if its just not their cup-o-tea, then you can RP from the sidelines! Just do us a huge favor and stick at the beginning of your post [NOT COMPETING- JUST PARTICIPATING] for each post; that would help us out a lot :heart:

I have a suggestion. Would it be helpful if we gave out replies as spectating ponies inside a spoiler box like this:

Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin.

This would also evade any confusion with secondary characters within the same post.

First of all...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

I had a few ideas of how to 'evaluate' the running of the leaves in RP. This idea, however, is much better and simpler than anything I would have come up with, lol. Kudo's the the Canterlot team and yay for another event. It's gonn be so awesome!!

I have a suggestion. Would it be helpful if we gave out replies as spectating ponies inside a spoiler box like this:

Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin. Derpy cheers from the sidelines whilst eating a muffin.

This would also evade any confusion with secondary characters within the same post.

That is a wonderful idea!

Manestream, very important question...

Are Pegasus allowed to use their wings? Be specific, no wings, or no flying?

If ponies are flying, it won't drop the leaves will it? :) this race is in the spirit of the show- have fun and be creative; but flying would be considered cheating ;)

Then again, I imagine some of our villain ponies will be planning on a trick or two!

In the end you can't cheat the scoring system; so you have lee-way to play with fun ideas. But other ponies would see flying as cheating; and it would be against an honest OC's nature to cheat.

I guess what I'm saying... Is be reasonable and creative, according to the spirit of the show ;)

Heh. That just made me reconsider my options... :shifty:

Non-Ponies are okay for this, right?

I'm now considering entering Gilda in the race...

Non-ponies are okay for this. I think i have to draw the line at steve magnet though; having him rage through the race, even in all his fabulosity, would probably be a bit too chaotic. *considers it for a moment.* On second thought, him and Rarity would make a killer team. And now I cant get the image of Rarity riding upon Steve's back throughout the race. Oh you silly pony, Rarity!

Anyway. I can see Gilda entering the race; I can imagine several motivations for her to do so. <3

I will admit that this has peaked my interest. My absent minded repair pony Klondike is up for this and he will do his best to knock down as many leaves as he can.

Just one quick question. How will we know who's in the lead at the end of each section of the race? I would imagine knowing who's ahead or behind would be beneficial to the posting in some way or another. Will this depend on the point system you intend to use? And if so, will you post the results at the end of each section of the race?