alright so across various tumblr's and threads I've heard of this story called merely the "cupcake story"

im faily sure its some fanfic about pinkie going banana's on some of the other mane cast...

however...

were do i find it? i am interested in reading it.

and then being scarred forever and having lovely dreams about it.

but seriously, were do you find it? :roll:

-also due to the pg-13 rule im not sure if the link is allowed to be posted :!:

-oh and id like to hear about other peoples opinions of the story.

Spoilered: My full review and literary critique of Cupcakes.

This is just textbook gore with a preface. The story holds no psychological horror value for the reader, and thus, fails at what it sincerely tries to do.

The lack of a transition between Pinky Pie's canon personality and that presented here shatters the necessity continuity of character. The reader disassociates shortly after Rainbow Dash's waking. The scene should be stretched out much farther, and the nature of her reasons and mental state revealed to the reader in sequence. It would also have allowed time to reinforce the reader's attachment to both Pinky Pie's innocence and Rainbow Dash's freedom of self -- a sympathetic trait that, I will say, the author wisely built upon in the first paragraphs.

Those two things, in fact, are what would make this story truly disturbing (and enjoyable, for the psychologically masochistic among us), and should be focused on. Pinky Pie is innocent; the slip of her apparent character into the Hannibal-esque state that we discover she is in should be gradual relative to the unfolding of the story, and should painfully snag the reader's attention at each turn. There is already an uncomfortable return to the carefree Pinky Pie we know at the end of the story, and it would be much more effective if that gradual decent were more clearly emphasized.

Further, Rainbow Dash's freedom and the ways in which it is taken from her ought to be made very prominent. She begins the story entirely in her element: she is free, flying, and completely overjoyed; she is in total control of her situation, catching herself effortlessly as she flies toward the ground, and playing with the idea of even keeping her promise to Pinky Pie. Her freedom of body is revoked almost immediately upon her waking, but there is still room there for the injection of hope. The reader cannot maintain a real connection with her once her fate is made obvious by casual deduction of the genre and its tropes. No-one wants to invest emotionally in a character who they are essentially watching be butchered alive. Instead, there should be hope that Rainbow Dash can escape; there should be hope that Pinky Pie, not yet fully revealed to be as mad as she is, will sympathize and set her free; failing that there should be hope that she can break free from her restraints by her own will and strength; at the last, there should at least the vain hope of the destitute: the dying dreams of flying again, of having control of herself again. Ultimately, that hope should be dashed with the tearing away of her wings, which should itself be a more succinct event with significant impact. The following mental breakdown due to mixed hopelessness, drugging, and blood loss should be interspersed through the gory bits (or slapped right over them).

The idea should be to get the reader to sink with the proverbial ship, not to disgust them with the piece itself.

... Also, how do you cannibalize someone into a cupcake, anyway? Seems like that would just be nasty.

alright so across various tumblr's and threads I've heard of this story called merely the "cupcake story" im faily sure its some fanfic about pinkie going banana's on some of the other mane cast... however... were do i find it? i am interested in reading it. and then being scarred forever and having lovely dreams about it. but seriously, were do you find it? :roll: -also due to the pg-13 rule im not sure if the link is allowed to be posted :!: -oh and id like to hear about other peoples opinions of the story.

To find it, type "Cupcakes My Little Pony" into Google. One of the top options should be from Equestria Daily. Go to this page and you should find links to the story itself and related works.

This story is definitely not for everypony. I find it kind of disturbing myself, even if I'm also kind of amused by its existence in a strange way.

This is just textbook gore with a preface. The story holds no psychological horror value for the reader, and thus, fails at what it sincerely tries to do.

The lack of a transition between Pinky Pie's canon personality and that presented here shatters the necessity continuity of character. The reader disassociates shortly after Rainbow Dash's waking. The scene should be stretched out much farther, and the nature of her reasons and mental state revealed to the reader in sequence. It would also have allowed time to reinforce the reader's attachment to both Pinky Pie's innocence and Rainbow Dash's freedom of self -- a sympathetic trait that, I will say, the author wisely built upon in the first paragraphs.

Those two things, in fact, are what would make this story truly disturbing (and enjoyable, for the psychologically masochistic among us), and should be focused on. Pinky Pie is innocent; the slip of her apparent character into the Hannibal-esque state that we discover she is in should be gradual relative to the unfolding of the story, and should painfully snag the reader's attention at each turn. There is already an uncomfortable return to the carefree Pinky Pie we know at the end of the story, and it would be much more effective if that gradual decent were more clearly emphasized.

Further, Rainbow Dash's freedom and the ways in which it is taken from her ought to be made very prominent. She begins the story entirely in her element: she is free, flying, and completely overjoyed; she is in total control of her situation, catching herself effortlessly as she flies toward the ground, and playing with the idea of even keeping her promise to Pinky Pie. Her freedom of body is revoked almost immediately upon her waking, but there is still room there for the injection of hope. The reader cannot maintain a real connection with her once her fate is made obvious by casual deduction of the genre and its tropes. No-one wants to invest emotionally in a character who they are essentially watching be butchered alive. Instead, there should be hope that Rainbow Dash can escape; there should be hope that Pinky Pie, not yet fully revealed to be as mad as she is, will sympathize and set her free; failing that there should be hope that she can break free from her restraints by her own will and strength; at the last, there should at least the vain hope of the destitute: the dying dreams of flying again, of having control of herself again. Ultimately, that hope should be dashed with the tearing away of her wings, which should itself be a more succinct event with significant impact. The following mental breakdown due to mixed hopelessness, drugging, and blood loss should be interspersed through the gory bits (or slapped right over them).

The idea should be to get the reader to sink with the proverbial ship, not to disgust them with the piece itself.

... Also, how do you cannibalize someone into a cupcake, anyway? Seems like that would just be nasty.

well that review certainly was fascinating, and with such conceptual knowledge im sure your more then capable of writing a really horrifying piece yourself.

but from what it sounds your saying that its not as scary as it could be, but more that its disturbing then it is horrific.

i do look forward to having a look at the story thought....

as for the cupcake cannibalism?

to do it you could simply cut them to piecies, mix it in the batter. and make cupcakes, it does seem quite sick, but maybe pinkie likes pony-cupcakes in the fanfic?

To find it, type "Cupcakes My Little Pony" into Google. One of the top options should be from Equestria Daily. Go to this page and you should find links to the story itself and related works.

This story is definitely not for everypony. I find it kind of disturbing myself, even if I'm also kind of amused by its existence in a strange way.

alright, ill give it a looksy then.

well I've had my fair share of disturbing incidences, so aside from potential nightmares i don't think it could go that bad XD

but i must say i wonder what its going to be like....

hi hi

I refuse to read this story. Not even for science.

Same for myself. There's no point in reading it and I know I won't enjoy it, so why read it? I'd rather give my time to fanfics that are actually decent.

Like Spiderses.

well like said thats your opinions, but ive heard so much its just seemingly interesting...

but ill get round to reading it after homework of course...

I fear this fic. Cute cartoon ponies should not be doing...that.

...im sure its just overrated...but i suppose ill find out after i read it...

Same for myself. There's no point in reading it and I know I won't enjoy it, so why read it? I'd rather give my time to fanfics that are actually decent.

Like Spiderses.

I still really need to read Spiderses. When it comes to troll fics, I really kind of prefer the ones that do it by being bizarre and terrible to the ones who do it by being violent and disgusting like Cupcakes.

well by far its just been me putting off reading it due to:

homework

school

and the fact that im afraid i might get scarred in some fashion...

but ive been tryin to get it printed so i can read it on the bus one day XD

-otherwise the only result so far; "I've found out how much of a chicken i actually am." :lol:

I agree entirely. The fic really seemed to have minimal connection to the characters. There was no emotional build up, just "Hi there!" *hack* *slash*

If you changed the names some other details, like the references to cutie marks, the whole thing could almost be about anyone, from any series.

When the actual gore started, my brain just shut down and refused to associate the text with the characters I knew, because the storytelling hadn't given me enough ground to believe that they could really behave like that. At that point it all became more or less just a string of words without any real meaning to me.

I still really need to read Spiderses. When it comes to troll fics, I really kind of prefer the ones that do it by being bizarre and terrible to the ones who do it by being violent and disgusting like Cupcakes.

Spiderses is amazing. It's a really really really bad fanfic but it's bad on purpose. And yes, it's very bizarre and very random and weird. Absolutely hilarious. I'm thinking of actually doing a dramatic reading of it. Don't really know if I have the voice for it though...

But halofan, after you get through Cupcakes (if you ever get through Cupcakes) go read Spiderses. It'll cleanse ya kid. :P

Spiderses is amazing. It's a really really really bad fanfic but it's bad on purpose. And yes, it's very bizarre and very random and weird. Absolutely hilarious. I'm thinking of actually doing a dramatic reading of it. Don't really know if I have the voice for it though...

But halofan, after you get through Cupcakes (if you ever get through Cupcakes) go read Spiderses. It'll cleanse ya kid. :P

as much as i wish i was still a kid,

apperently when your 16 your old enough to do everything according to everyone in my country.

XD

but yea, ill give et a shot then,... :lol:

I've since read Spiderses and I have to agree. It was quite entertaining. Though I've read funnier troll fics (the eternal My Immortal comes to mind), it's definitely the best for FiM I've seen. I just kind of wish they weren't so up front with it being intentional. I rather prefer it when the author forces you to ask yourself whether it's real or not.

-research findings/reading results-

well i read the cupcake story.

and boy was i surprised, apparently the constant fear built me some kind of mental immunity to being scarred.

i mean sure, i cried a little through it. but no were near as bad as one of the horrible unintentional scootabuse picts i saw D:

but still...

it wasn't easy at first, but then after the first scare it became too obvios that dash was toast. so at that point i started feeling less terrified and more amused.

and, as sick as it sounds, all the inside jokes made me laugh a little.

so my opinion?

because dash was toast early on it killed the horror factor, and the plot itself was a little dull...but the concept was rather original ill give it that.

If i was a pony id probably be a lot more "hit" by this...

but it was far less terrifying as everyone made it seem like. :lol:

i must say that the cutiemark cutting and the wing chopping were two of the parts that made me cry, and i get wet eyes just by thinking about something like that happening to dashie.... but never the less it was an interesting story.

so yea,

pickles?

I have not read it, preferring the various "fan" alternate endings. My fave is the one where "Cupcakes" is actually a prank story written by Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash under a hoax name to troll everyone.

I cannot get around the idea that the Elements of Harmony would not choose someone so evil and dangerous, even if its two seperate personas in one body. I should know, I have RPed a split personality MLP pony much like Pinkamina as a Supervillan well before FiM first aired... :mad: :wink:

As it was, I recall "Cupcakes" was low on the radar until "A Party of One" aired, then everyone was "OMG! Cupcakes Verified!" :blah:

And for the hay of it, here is the Wicked, Wicked, Dr. Brambleberry in her first guest shot in a friend's commisioned comic (SFW); http://www.furaffini...t/view/2522093/ Good comparison?