Your Theme Song?

AshtonSSG

I could probably pick a few...

First would be Scott Pilgrim by Plumtree. Not so much for the lyrics (though they accurately describe my awful love-life), but more for just the overall tone and sound of it all. It's up-beat, and keeps my spirits high no matter what. Plus, I've always thought of myself as a young Scott Pilgrim in a way.

Another one would be Money by Pink Floyd, due to its smooth and relaxing beat through the whole song, as I can often be a rather chill guy in the face of worrisome troubles, letting them all just blow away and focusing on what's going right. Plus, being unemployed and almost in college and having a car, money's pretty important for the time being.

I'd have to think for a while more if I was gonna pick, like, a whole album to describe my life, but for me right now, those songs headline the soundtrack to my life.

Depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm in a good mood, when I'm feeling like nothing can bring me down, it's Get a Life by Siam Shade.

"Don't tell me what to do

Don't tell me what to say

How to live my life

I'll live it any way

I'm not part of your game

And you're not part of mine

Can't buy my soul

No money can buy time, love, or hope!"

If I'm in a bad mood, Nothing by Reel Big Fish.

"I give up, I give in,I know I'm never gonna win, 'cos

Every time I try so hard I get nothing! Nothing!

They say try and you won't fail, I get nothing! Nothing!

I did all that I could, I got nothing! Nothing!

Tried so hard! For nothing! Nothing!"

Or if I'm really miserable, Brand New Hero by Reel Big Fish

(Can't be bothered writing out the lyrics for this one XD It's a depressing song though)

Honourable mention because it always fits: Short Attention Span by Fizzy Bangers

...This question is extraordinarily hard. Mainly because what it's asking. It's not your FAVORITE song, but your THEME song. Meaning it has to embody you. One of the problems is I build up my own expectations of how my actions or the actions of others will affect an issue, usually overly optimistic in matters and get myself all hyped up... only to tumble down to Earth. This song isn't my favorite, though I listen to it quite a bit and I do enjoy it. I think it describes me wonderfully, though it is a tad melancholy.

Our Last Common Ancestor by Fightstar (This fan video is atrocious though... At least the lyrics are there.)

• 4 weeks later...

This may not suit me in real life but whenever I try to walk dramatically I always have the imperial death march playing inside my head even though I'm less than imposing.

I walk around listening to this on my iPod because it actually makes me hold my head up and be a little more present. Otherwise I'm the look at the ground, go out of my way to avoid bumping into anyone kind of person.

I might be worried about you now.

Do you happen to spend lots of your time going to funerals... or faking suicides for your rich mother's benefit? :D

(Also, I love Cat Stevens. If it was 1972 and I was 15, his posters would be all over my walls)

• Like 1