Scale Model sat on the bleachers by the finish line with his parents and a few other ponies, staring down the track. He made a note to come back to Ponyville to watch the race. It was sort of a tradition in his family. Sometimes one of them would even compete, but not this year. Scale had never been that much of an athlete anyways.

There had been something weird in the sky earlier, but apparently it was taken care of by some teamwork between ponies in the air and ponies on the ground. He didn't know what the story was, but he was glad things were taken care of. He sipped his hay smoothie, listening to the play by play being provided by the balloon announcer. He supposed they were doing a decent job. Though, Pinkie Pie's commentary from last year was... interesting... to put it lightly. At least he got to hear the play-by-play of Applejack's and Rainbow Dash's antics. And the Princess visited last year! Idly, Scale wondered if she would visit again this year. It was something special just to see royalty, after all.

This was a special time of year for Vinyl, as she was currently one of the few musical artists who performed for those in the sidelines...her gear was set up and delivering the equivilant of 1.21 gigavolts of pure unadulterated awesome. Well, that's what she liked to think it was, anyway...perhaps not for everypony, but at least some appreciated it!

She grins, watching the crowd that had come to visit the small DJ booth - she'd brought a fair selection of tracks and mixes with her, keeping her travel light of course but allowing for a choice selection of sweet an' chilled racing accompaniments for the days activities. She elevated the next record outta the box, flicks the old record off with a flick of her horn and then replaces it with the one currently floating.

It was a light little number up next - a pretty appropriatetly named track too, given the occasion - '

'!

For the most part, this was an easy little gig for the female Pony behind the decks - basking in the glow of Celestia's warm sun whilst keeping an eye on the vast swathes of ponies, simply watching them be entertained with her music. Nothing really made her any happier than to see the music sway the crowds, almost the same as the magic of the earth ponies would help coax leaves from the trees.

It was just a truly magical event by anyponies standards, and DJ Pon-3 was there to make sure the magic was heard, as well as felt!

Ashton wasn't quite sure why but even far from the course the leaves were falling at an accelerated rate. Perhaps there were tremors he wasn't feeling? But then why would the leaves be falling? Maybe it was the cooler breeze. It definitely felt like winter was coming.

He felt like he could easily outpace the racers this way so he took his time taking in the sights. Aside from his brief landing in Everfree a while back he had never really been in a heavily wooded area. Sure Canterlot and the surrounding areas had 50x the trees Rockwington had but it was still very open. Here, off the trail, you could hardly walk 50 feet in a straight line without brushing up against an oak or maple. He had at first been a little concerned with getting lost but he figured as long as he kept the sun to his right he should make it back to the hills around Canterlot.

He stopped for a moment and just listened to the breeze blowing through the trees. Too bad he wasn't able to see it in spring or summer too. Fall was great but he couldn't help but remember that after today there would only be a few leaves left hanging and that would be the end. From what his sister had told him during the earlier months the forest always had something new to find. A different wildflower, a rare bird's song, supposedly there was even a mystical Peryton residing in the forest, whatever that was. Now that he thought about it he hadn't actually seen any animals near the track. He heard a lot of reactions to them but didn't see any himself.

He squinted his eyes trying to pick out any squirrels or rabbits among the falling leaves. He remembered reading once that squirrels collect nuts for the winter. Or was that pandas? He didn't think there were any pandas in whitetail but he could be wrong. He started trotting ahead again watching for both just in case.

"Oh dear, oh dear... I'm late." Fluttershy was doing her best to at least make it in time to see the finish of the race. The quiet Pegasus had gotten caught up in tending to her garden and lost all track of time. Well that and there was a cute little bird singing such a lovely song, she couldn't help listening. It was so sweet.

In fact had it not been for Angel she would probably still be out in her garden listening to bird songs. But the ever moody rabbit was perfect for reminding her of when she needed to be doing something else.

"I hope the race isn't over. I promised I would cheer for my friends," she quietly commented to herself as she flew toward the stands.

Luck was on her side as it didn't seem like any of the racers had reached the finish yet. Letting out a sigh of relief she landed, and trotted toward the spectator line.

"Oh, excuse me, pardon me, excuse me," her quiet voice squeaked out as she moved to take a spot where she could see the racers cross the line.

"Perfect, now I can see everypony finish."

Polaris had wanted to see the famous ‘Running of the Leaves’ festival in Ponyville for years. But he never had the chance in the past; his travels had always taken him far from central Equeatria. Now his journey had brought him back, and he thought he’d swing by Ponyville to watch the race.

But he had been waylaid. “At least I’ll get to see them finish,” he consoled himself. And it didn’t look like it would be much longer, he could see many ponies in the distance; all galloping towards the finish line.