Last post wins

Does Avatar: tLAB start off slow, or am I just jaded?

It does. It gets much much better.

Izat like still interesting? I can't see myself playing it again, even with pandas. *stuffs cupcake in Aria's mouth*

It's ok. I really miss the original and Burning Crusade. Now when you level cap you have the fun decision of either:

A. PVP- Do absolutely no damage to anyone who has pvp gear and basically sit through being killed for several hours until you can buy your own gear, or

B. Dungeons- Do mediocre damage to everything and have other people who already have gear complain that you're not helping at all.

Out of the two, at least you're guaranteed to get something out of A after a while. Your gear from B is still based on chance. I still enjoy it, just not nearly as much as I used to.

*munches cupcake*

Annnd we're back! Poor Canterlot has really been having a rough time! *pats it*

My version of "PvP" was back in WotLK, I would fly around Wintergrasp with my Tauren Markswoman hunter and kill people in the air, then parachute down. MM hunters back then had insane burst, so I could drop almost anyone in a few seconds (clothies took about two CDs). I made quite a few friends doing that. No, seriously, I did! When Cata came out with Worgen, I already knew a bunch of people on ally side from our fun fun times in WG.

I stopped playing sometime during BC. I miss it, too, kinda.. but then I remember the amount of time I invested to keep up with my Raid Guild, soooo... yeah. No going back to that. :I

In other, Davvy related news, I'm going to buy this item. I'm set. I want it. I neeeeed it. :I

(I really like its...mane?)

BUlXU.png

I stopped playing sometime during BC. I miss it, too, kinda.. but then I remember the amount of time I invested to keep up with my Raid Guild, soooo... yeah. No going back to that. :I

I think that's the main problem with it. It's fundamentally flawed. You can do endgame content till you're blue in the face -- but if you want to do the really cool stuff, you have to play it like a full time job. No thanks!

I know they introduced the dungeon/raid finder and stuff, but that has limited appeal -- plus playing with random strangers you may never see again keeps the environment pretty dumb and backstabby. If players could be held accountable for being bad, or if they could be "rated" or something based on their performance in pugs...

I think WoW needs more to endgame than just raiding, PvP, questing, leveling alts, or grinding older content -- stuff to really make the game interesting again. I know part of the game's design is to grind and keep you working for that next upgrade, but it's just soooo boring. I liked BC, even if a lot of the content was pretty grindy. I dunno what happened with WotLK onward, but there's really no excuse to leave the game hanging for over a year with no real added content to keep the top level players busy.

Maybe my server was just bad.

Resilience is just so broken now. It used to only reduce DoTs and your chance to be critically hit in PVP. That was balanced, you could still kill people in full PVP gear even though they had obscene amounts of stamina. Now resilience reduces ALL player damage by increasing percentages. The entry curve to pvp now is like climbing a sheer-faced cliff.

So farming for weeks to gear yourself up to handle raid progression is great, right? Then the next raid comes out, you do it again. Then again. Then the next expansion comes out and all that gear you worked hard to get becomes useless. There are some really fantastic parts of WoW, and some really great experiences there that are unforgettable and amazing, but that carrot-on-a-stick mentality only goes so far. I see they're making a lot of mounts/achievements/titles account-wide, which is fantastic -- but it's certainly not enough to draw me back to the game. Maybe it would be more awesome if I had some interesting people to play with, because my server was bad. Really, really bad. Then I used the dungeon finder and figured out everyone on other servers is bad too, lol.

I don't think any MMO is perfect, but I think attitudes about them need to change if they're going to survive in time to come -- playing them like a full time job is unhealthy and unproductive for any person.

I'd offer an answer if I knew what you wanted, Volt.

Hallo Tenkan :)

And Rosie, I'd make new chars to play with you! I always enjoy having more and more chars lol. I'm locked in until next April anyway, might as well make the most of it.

*stops* .–.

I'm sorry :c

aaaaaaah, the new game is gonna be like a semi-mmo, or so I've heard .–. I dunno what does and doesn't count as mmo, so I can't confirm that o)3) but who cares when you can SWIM!? >:^D and wear PANTS?!