Last post wins

ABRIDGED STORY TIME

Took my motorcycle to work today (25 minute drive). Just as I arrived, the bike started acting a bit funny. I didn't think much of it and went into work. 

Keep in mind, this bike is from the 70s. Being as such, it doesn't have a lot of the gauges modern bikes have (like a fuel gauge, temperature gauge, etc..). 

When I got out of work, things got interesting. I decided to check the oil and, of course, it's super low. A coworker gave me some oil and [BEGIN ABRIDGED VERSION] I overfilled the engine because I'm stupid and it took me an hour to drain it to the correct amount and I was a mess from the oil so then I left work and went about 4 miles and  (remember I said the bike was acting funny) then ran out of gas because there's no gas gauge and I keep forgetting to look inside the tank like seriously just my luck so then some super nice older guy walking his dog saw me on the side of the road and gave me some gas since he lived really close and I made it to a gas station and now I'm home. 

Apparently abridged version means run-on sentence.      So yeah, overfilled oil because I'm stupid and then ran out of gas because I'm stupid.

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

ABRIDGED STORY TIME

Took my motorcycle to work today (25 minute drive). Just as I arrived, the bike started acting a bit funny. I didn't think much of it and went into work. 

Keep in mind, this bike is from the 70s. Being as such, it doesn't have a lot of the gauges modern bikes have (like a fuel gauge, temperature gauge, etc..). 

When I got out of work, things got interesting. I decided to check the oil and, of course, it's super low. A coworker gave me some oil and [BEGIN ABRIDGED VERSION] I overfilled the engine because I'm stupid and it took me an hour to drain it to the correct amount and I was a mess from the oil so then I left work and went about 4 miles and  (remember I said the bike was acting funny) then ran out of gas because there's no gas gauge and I keep forgetting to look inside the tank like seriously just my luck so then some super nice older guy walking his dog saw me on the side of the road and gave me some gas since he lived really close and I made it to a gas station and now I'm home. 

Apparently abridged version means run-on sentence.      So yeah, overfilled oil because I'm stupid and then ran out of gas because I'm stupid.

Wow, dude, that is an old bike. Maybe I missed the part, sorry, but don't you think of a getting a more modern bike? If price is an issue, you could get second-hand, of course.

2 hours ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

If there's only one dino then can't that dino decide what dino language is

You can' be the last of the dinos. What about alligators? Sneks and the great and wise turtles?

Are you boycotting family?

25 minutes ago, Tenkan said:

Wow, dude, that is an old bike. Maybe I missed the part, sorry, but don't you think of a getting a more modern bike? If price is an issue, you could get second-hand, of course.

I collect vintage everything; Cars, motorcycles, clothing, music stuff, etc... It's just kinda my thing, you know?

I mean, riding a modern bike would be more convenient and perhaps a bit more reliable but, I can't really see myself riding one. Money's not the issue, it's personal preference. Especially when it comes down to styling. I love the retro 70s colors and designs. As far as mechanical, I mean, it goes both ways: Older bike, you're more likely to be on the side of the road but usually have the ability to diagnose and fix it on the spot (granted you've got the tools); newer bike, you're much less likely to be on the side of the road but, if you are, you're most likely screwed. Especially with the fuel-injection systems and modern electrical.. Nope, it's vintage carburetors for me!

Oh yeah, 90% of everything I buy is off Craigslist haha. Second-hand for life!

• Like 1