Last post wins

Angie is amazing; she sent me a Nick Wilde keychain she made. He's still hustling on my keys!

I do enjoy doing the pen pal thing. I have a friend in Washington that I do little gift package swap with periodically. I just sent her some coffee, Scooby snacks, a candy bar, fridge magnets and some other random stuff I've picked up at cons. She fed the treats to her husky (might've already posted this but here it is again):

AHHH HE'S SUCH A GOOD BOY! LOOK AT THAT FACEEEEE

If any of you wanna do something like this with me, it's a fun little surprise-type thing to do throughout the year, not just the holidays!

• Like 2

Oooooh sounds fun. I might consider that. I know it'll be a nerve wracking experience when trying to choose what stuff you think/hope the other will like, and then an anxiety experience after I ship it out, thinking constantly "I shouldn't have sent that... Why didn't I send this!?"..

I know it's really the thought that counts but, I think it gets to a point where some people's taste in everything is pure trash. 

Okay guys this is totally irrelevant but, I really need to vent this. I'll put it in a spoiler (it does spoil some stuff involving A Certain Magical Index)..

Oh yeah sorry if I sound like a complete child 

So I just finished watching A Certain Scientific Railgun and very much enjoyed it. I love the main characters and the episodes were great (even the ones that overlapped into Index. Was cool to see the situations unfold from a different point of view). That being said, they brought the characters of ITEM into the series for a few episodes which, in turn, reminded me of Frenda, and what I saw happen to her a couple months prior on Index..

I have to say.. of every anime I've seen and all the character deaths I've witnessed,  Frenda's continues to relentlessly piss me tf off. Like, on a whole new level of pissed off. On a sick to my stomach level of pissed off. Just to add to it, no one really seemed to care at all when she was brutally murdered..  I've just never been so frustrated by anything like this before. It's been driving me nuts! I feel like she had so much more to offer. There were so many ways for her to stay relevant to the series... 

She was also super cute but, that's completely, utterly and entirely beside to point...... ..

I mean, I'm not sure how many of you know what I'm even talking about but, I just needed to put this out there. Gosh, I feel so dumb for letting a simple cartoon get to me as it has.. I'm not trying to sound like I'm completely devastated by this, it just gets to the point where you feel you'll explode if you don't speak your mind.

YEAH JAPANESE CARTOON REALLY STRUCK A NERVE THIS TIME

Kazuma Kamachi, you win this one..

Okay, with that, I hope you all had a great weekend!

On 12/17/2018 at 2:15 AM, Rocky said:

Hide contents

She was also super cute but, that's completely, utterly and entirely beside to point...... ..

I think that fact she was cute was entirely the point. Anime love taking cute girls and killing them just to warrant a cheap emotional hook in their series.
Look at Sachi from SAO. No characteristic apart from 'cute' and 'doesn't want to die'.
Well guess what sister? Nor did anyone else in the series, but since your a cute girl, you're easy to get people to like and to emotionally invest in. 

I really despise that method in shows. Hence why I stopped Akame ga kill a few eps in. 

2 hours ago, Penumbra said:

I think that fact she was cute was entirely the point. Anime love taking cute girls and killing them just to warrant a cheap emotional hook in their series.
Look at Sachi from SAO. No characteristic apart from 'cute' and 'doesn't want to die'.
Well guess what sister? Nor did anyone else in the series, but since your a cute girl, you're easy to get people to like and to emotionally invest in. 

I really despise that method in shows. Hence why I stopped Akame ga kill a few eps in. 

I was being a bit sarcastic when I said that her being cute had nothing to do with it. Like, it is the reason entirely. You're right though.. I never really took that into consideration. Cheap emotional hooks.. That's exactly what it is... And I reacted exactly as they wanted me to..

I feel like I've been played.

okay I know I keep posting plans but here are final plans:

dec 26: watching new su ep that airs the 24th
jan 1: watching new su ep that airs the 31st
jan 7: watching new su ep that airs that day
jan 17: drunk art stream hopefully unless I don't get the day off
jan 21: watching hour long su special that airs that day

(art stream that was supposed to be last week got cancelled because apparently my whole family was off work and my sister came home and nobody gave me any warning until the day before???)

On 12/18/2018 at 3:02 PM, Rocky said:

I was being a bit sarcastic when I said that her being cute had nothing to do with it. Like, it is the reason entirely. You're right though.. I never really took that into consideration. Cheap emotional hooks.. That's exactly what it is... And I reacted exactly as they wanted me to..

I feel like I've been played.

iCKSVH2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 12/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, SymphonicFire said:

I has a railgun keychain and t-shirt! I approve!

I feel like if I ordered a Frenda keychain 

It'd show up broken into two pieces

badum tss

3B6X.gif 

A day late but Merry Christmas you guys!

On a different, slightly darker note.. 

My grandfather on my dad's side passed away today. I haven't seen him in ten years so I didn't ever really know him and my dad wasn't too close with him but, regardless, my dad left to see him immediately when we got the call that he only had a couple of hours left. I feel pretty bad because my dad arrived at the hospital right after he passed. I was thinking and hoping that perhaps if he had made it in time, in his father's final minutes, they could've reconnected... Even if there were no words... Even if it was just a glance... Just some kind of resolve... 

My grandfather was a very stubborn and egotistical  man, and he made those character traits very clear when we used to visit... But he was still human, and in the end, everything that would make a person lead that sort of life, tangible or social standing, doesn't matter anymore. I don't mean to get all religious but, I believe that in your final moments, it's between you and your creator. Nothing else matters anymore...

I just pray that, in his final moments, he found peace of mind. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rocky said:

A day late but Merry Christmas you guys!

On a different, slightly darker note.. 

Hide contents

My grandfather on my dad's side passed away today. I haven't seen him in ten years so I didn't ever really know him and my dad wasn't too close with him but, regardless, my dad left to see him immediately when we got the call that he only had a couple of hours left. I feel pretty bad because my dad arrived at the hospital right after he passed. I was thinking and hoping that perhaps if he had made it in time, in his father's final minutes, they could've reconnected... Even if there were no words... Even if it was just a glance... Just some kind of resolve... 

My grandfather was a very stubborn and egotistical  man, and he made those character traits very clear when we used to visit... But he was still human, and in the end, everything that would make a person lead that sort of life, tangible or social standing, doesn't matter anymore. I don't mean to get all religious but, I believe that in your final moments, it's between you and your creator. Nothing else matters anymore...

I just pray that, in his final moments, he found peace of mind. 

I'm so sorry for your loss, sweet one. Its always real heckin' upsetting when family members become estranged for whatever reasons. Its always felt most strongly after they pass though I think. Our minds often turn towards what "could have been". Even if you weren't well acquainted you were still family. My favorite thing to do for the members of my family or friends who have passed is to take a drink of their favorite drink or to eat a dish of their favorite food in their honor. Some time after they have passed, and every year afterwards on their birthdays from there on out. I dunno, I'm real sentimental tho <:3

• Like 1