Last post wins

Ahh... such fond memories from our youthful foalhood:

Climbing to the heights of Candy Mountain.

Rolling around in piles of used needles.

Smashing my brother across the back of the head in order to induce blackout.

Attempting to stab our mother through the eye.

And my therapist tried to tell me my FOALHOOD was at the root of my psychologically manic mania.

Sheeeeee doesn't know what she's talkin' 'bout :I

Truly, she is a foal.

NOW GIVE ME MY TEA.

Ah... yes... THAT.

You see... the only problem with THAT is... and Imagination pretty much unintentionally pointed this out by talking about HIS drawing process...

That is damn near a tracing. I mean ALLLLLLL the background and the wall and the posters and such were completely my creation (well, I got the idea for the posters from Left 4 Dead...), but the ponies and the chickens are... visual tracings. That's a thing, right? Like, looking at a picture and pretty much copying it by eye? Yeah. Those expressions should look pretty familiar on Applebloom and Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo, her body is taken right from a Solid Snake picture. Her stance, I took from a Berry Punch tumblr. Her face... I think... I think I MAY have been MOSTLY responsible for her face. But I did use SOMETHING as a reference.

Ah. And yes. The chickens should look VERY familiar. They're the chicken from Courage the Cowardly Dog :I

What I don't have is a style of my own. Unless I'm mistaken, that only develops by drawing repeatedly. Angie, Appliance, Imagination, and Davroth all have their own styles. They go to draw and it pretty much just flows.

I, on the other hand, pretty much couldn't draw a flower without first looking up a reference picture...

I use refrences too ._. I mean, you get to a point where you don't need them as much and you can start figuring your own shapes, but I still look up refrences for almost everything that I draw.

Fawkesequus was done almost entirely on refrences. the only thing I did 100% free hand was the body since it was just a big squiggly thing.

I've seen other people use refrences in their art and it just makes me want to cry at how bad it is )':

oh yay, I'm in second place :3

Angie just noticed this too? xD

Yeah.

I noticed about an hour or so ago and was waiting for the right time to say something xD

SOMEONES been taking a note from Conor's book, it seems >:3

actually, I noticed a few hours ago, and I've been waiting for people to start leaving to bring it up :P or however long ago you came back online and liked a bunch of stuff. that's when I noticed.