Anypony have a pet?

Brony-Vas-Normandy

Any of you bronies have pets?

I have three dogs, myself. They're one of the most important things in life to me. Because, well, they're all I have to talk to all day. :mad:

e7kti9.jpg

This is my oldest. Her name is Midnight, and she's a four year old black lab. This picture captures her extreme laziness. Most people would mistake for a cat personality-wise. She sleeps just about as much as one. I've had her almost all of her life. A friend of a friend of a friend found her roaming the streets of Memphis at about four months old, and I picked her up four days later. She was afraid of anything and everything for the longest time. She's still real skittish, but she's really improved since I got her.

9r24wj.jpg

This is my youngest. Her name is Betty (real creative). She's the only pet I've ever had that wasn't a rescue, she's a GSD from a breeder up in Jonesboro. I got her for christmas last year. Her and Midnight's attitudes are pretty much perfect opposites. She's always had an overabundance of energy. She digs, and chews through carpet.

I have a third dog, his name is Ralph, but I don't have any pictures of him readily available. I've had him since the day he was born. Outside of town, where I live, all the people who decide they don't want their pets just drop them off out here, expecting them to be able to fend for themselves. Such was the issue with Ralph's mother. We started feeding her when she showed up, whilst looking for somepony to adopt her out to, when we noticed she was pregnant. A couple weeks later, Ralph and six other puppies were born. We adopted out the other six and the mother, but I got to keep him through some extremely slim odds. My dad had told me, when there were still seven puppies, that if he was the last one, I could keep him. Six weeks later, he regretted that promise.

So, does anypony else have a pet? Dog, Cat, Fish, hamster, or... a pony?

• Like 1

I love animals; I even do some part time work at a local petshop. Not a huge chain or anything, it's a small local business that specializes in reptiles, amphibians, fresh and salt water fish, and everything needed to keep said animals going. XP

I myself am the proud owner of a Leopard Gecko by the name of Lord Prometheus. He's a chubby, lazy little guy who looks like he has a stupid smile at certain angles, but otherwise acts as though bored with everything he sees. He's about... 4 years old now, actually. Unlike most types of Geckos, Leopard Geckos (or simply Leos) don't stick to things, instead having feet better suited for gripping and climbing rocks, and they're one of the few Gecko species to have eyelids. Lord Prometheus flaunts this trait by occasionally winking at passers.

Next up is Twitch, she's my female Crested Gecko (Crestie). She loves yogurt, but is otherwise a finnicky eater who will never eat in front of people, and who spends her whole day either smooshed against the glass of the tank, or else hanging from the foliage suspended in her tank, giving evil looks to everything (Or sleeping, hard to tell as she has no eyelids). She's about 2 years old, and if you take her out of the tank, she loves jumping, and will aim for the face.

Finally, there's Solid Snake, my Black and White Lined King Snake of questionable gender (I have to check one of these days). About 2 years old as well, Snake is a champion of hide and seek and frequent escape artist, though lately the escapes have stopped. Snake loves burrowing through the sand in it's tank, heabutting the ceiling, or curling up in the water dish. Every so often Snake leaves a ghostly white shell of itself after a shedding, and flaunts it's shiny new coat of skin XD Solid Snake has shattered all my misconceptions about snakes, being a very friendly, if not exciteable and skittish, little guy (or girl). Only bit me once, and it was during feeding time and he/she missed the food and got my finger instead. Hung on for a good 2 minutes before realizing I was a bit bigger than it's stomach.

So yeah, those are my three champions. We've also got 2 cats, a dog, a hedgehog, and a buncha fish and crabs here, but they ain't mine so I'll say no more. XD

I've got three dogs. One's a black-haired mutt, whose name is Lucy. She's got some spaniel and possibly lab in her somewhere. One is a West Highland Terrier mix named Scamp. He's got pretty short white hair but it can grow out long. And the other is a chocolate lab named Jamie. We didn't actually name the fellow, my uncle was going to get rid of him so we took him in and I've cared for him ever since.

I really like dogs but I can't stand cats. Mainly because they can't stand me. It's a mutual hatred for each other. And I am fine with that. Wouldn't mind owning some fish or a lizard perhaps. Ooh! Or a spider! I'd love a big hairy tarantula. :D

I currently have a cat named Chopin/Timothy (when we adopted him, my older brother named him Chopin. My sister decided to call him Timothy. XD As the youngest of the three, I had no say in the matter, and I wanted to call him Vishnu, as our previous cats' name had been Shiva XD). My brothers' friend, who is a veterinary assistant, found him and cleaned him up, got rid of his fleas and fixed little cuts he had. We went and adopted him the next day c:

We got him around February last year, at two months old.

Now he's a very long and very strange cat XD. He hisses at any other cat who goes into the backyard, dislikes my sister enormously, and likes to sleep on my bed.

I also have two Orange Platys, one with a black tail called Mobius, and one that's reddish, called Finnley. XD

And a young koi/goldfish/something XD called Fishface 5000. (my brother thought it would be funny lol.)

However, when I was younger, I did have rather odd pets, such as a squirrel, a blue jay, (we released them both when they were old enough, as they had been injured/left without a mother before), 18 tadpoles, 3 fire-bellied toads, a chick that scared my sisters' cat out of his wits, and a cockatiel that we trained to fly around the park and come back.

I've never had a dog ;-;

I have a silver and black Maine Coon cat. He is 4 and a half years. He is also very very very energetic. I got him from a friend that lives up on a mountain nearby. So far he is changing the negative attitude that I had towards cats.

I have 2 leopard geckos. Both are around 13 years old. I got these for free when I was 5. My old neighbor had me take care of them when he went to a nursing home. They are very funny little ones.

I also have a few tarantulas.....about 12. One is older than I am. She is 22. I bought most of them for a science project and decided to keep them when it was done. I loved spiders until I was about 7 and then I started to fear them. When I was 10 I entered a city science fair. I was really nervous around them at first and did not interact with them more than I had to. My brother eventually got me to hold his 26 year old rose hair. That right there almost cured me of my arachnophobia.

I had a 4 year old mantis that died about a month ago.(These are awesome pets.)

I have a black cat named Midnight that chose me over my husband...and she chose him over her previous owner (his ex-wife).  I love my psycho momma kitty very much, considering she enjoys jumping in my lap when I'm busy thereby drawing attention to her 'love me now' attitude.

A cat named Callie, technically my sister's but she's in college and she hangs out with me in the basement. And now she's on my lap. She is a Calico cat. We rescued her from the vet's when my mom worked there. They were going to put her down because the owner's didn't want her. Yeah, dumb. So yeah, had her for a while.

Three dogs, all pure-bred Siberian Huskies.

One named Tikitis AKA Tiki. He's fat...and dumb. And likes to eat...all the time.

Another name Brutus, the youngest. He looks just like his dad and is probably the leader.

And finally, one named Stitches, named as such because her mom tried to eat her upon exiting the womb. She was saved, all is happy, except she is missing one toe/finger on her left front and back claws, and her tail is a stub. Hilarity ensues nearly everyday. She is also my sister's pet.

I have ... four brother and sisters. Does that count ? :mad:

Other than that, no, I never had a pet and I don't have one. However we have in the family : a hamster, which looks really funny because he's black with a pink nose and paws, and is actually quite energetic, a guinea pig that squees whenever someone comes next to the kitchen in order to get food, and a caricatural, fat bunny that lazily hops around the house.

The bunny have made me reconsider my attitude toward pets. I didn't wanted one before, because pets in general either demand a lot of attention (dogs) or are boring (pretty much everything else), and I didn't wanted to own one to get bored with it a few days later (I'd still take care of it, of course but it would have turned into a chore). But my brother's bunny is quite cute, and a lot of fun. I love to see him jump around the house on his way to adventure or something, and I realized I was looking forward to pet him. He's still afraid of me, but I hope it won't last long. I wouldn't mind having a rabbit.

I have a dog, which I was unable to bring with me when I left home. My apartment is too small for him and I felt it wouldn't be fair, so he stayed with my parents. When I visit though he get so excited he can't even stand up straight because his tail wiggles too much too fast. He's 12 now, so we can't rough house as much as him and I used to :)

2011-05-01173202-1.jpg

This is Ghost, in a rare quiet moment. We called her Ghost because when my son and I adopted her, she was just a little, skinny, gray wisp of a thing. Now, she's probably the noisiest cat I've ever seen. Thanks to Ponies, when she cries at me for attention, I can't help but think, "If I giggle at you, will you go away?"