Snowfall

RarityDash

I didn't think I'd be designing a completely new pony for a while considering I already have a number of characters sitting around that I created for my fanfic thing. But after reading the Stalliongrad topic several times, I couldn't stop the ideas from coming together. :blush:

Name: Snowfall (sometimes goes by just Snow)

Sex: female

Species: Pegasus

Pelt colour: snowy white

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: powder blue in colour. Both mane and tail are long and flowing, with a gentle wave to it.

Eye colour: bright blue

Cutie Mark: A snow globe of a city with plenty of snow falling over it.

Physique: Relatively tall and fit. Almost always dressed in some clothing, depending on the occasion (stylish dresses for social events, suits for business ventures and something warm most of the rest of the time). She favors black and other dark colours for how they contrast her natural pale colours.

Origin: Stalliongrad

Roleplay Type: Mane

Motivation: Snow is driven to further the interests of her company and city, see as much of the world as she can, and maybe one day find her father, all while having as much fun as she can.

Likes: social gatherings, fine foods, adventure, her city, fashionable clothing.

Dislikes: being pampered excessively, ponies who would spoil her fun, heat.

Character Summary: Snowfall was born to parents Northern Storm and Crystal Snowflake. Her father, Northern Storm was a self-made business stallion, who built his company, Northern Storm Industries, from the ground up with nothing but hard work, business savvy, resources and a considerable amount of luck. Northern Storm Industries, which specialized in various kinds of machinery and construction, eventually became a big name in the city of Stalliongrad.

As Northern's enterprises expanded, his family life blossomed. By the time Snowfall was born, her father's factory had become one of the more profitable in all of Stalliongrad. As a result, the foal was raised in privilege from the start; however, her father, a very industrious stallion who believed in diligence above all else, did not let his only child grow negligent. From her youth, Snowfall was made to study rigorously in preparation of one day working for the company.

Snowfall was luckily quite bright and intuitive. She performed admirably in her studies and by the time she was a filly her father had nothing but high hopes for her future. Still, the filly did have something of a taste for mischief. Snow would often escape from the family mansion in the Vysokii district to explore the other many districts of Stalliongrad. After many such excursions, she learned to appreciate each of them for their unique function in keeping the city moving. While exploring the Ostrov district on a gentle, snowy day, something in her clicked and her cutie mark, a city locked in a picturesque snow globe, appeared. She knew from then on, that once she was a part of her father's company, she was going to do everything she could to keep the city she loved strong and beautiful.

As Snowfall attended school at the University of Stalliongrad, her father continued to prosper. A second factory opened and branch offices were constructed in both Manehatten and Talonopolis. Snow's father became obsessed with expanding his business into an even wider reaching empire. It was with this goal in mind that he left on an expedition financed by the company to the far off Badlands where dragons were said to roam to see firsthand what opportunities and resources existed there. It was on this voyage that Northern Storm and the entire rest of the expedition would vanish without a trace, never to be seen again.

Her mother knowing nothing of business, Snowfall, still in her final year of university was named head of her father's company in his absence. The young mare let others run operations for her at first, but as the years past she gradually took on more responsibility. Under her command the company continued to thrive, expanding both in and out of Stalliongrad.

Snowfall is dedicated to her company, but the mare is still far from all business. In fact, she is actually quite playful in personality, constantly making with casual jokes and enjoying nothing more than a good social event. Though she cares deeply for the people of Stalliongrad, she has a somewhat mixed reputation with them, some perceiving her as spoiled, cocky and cold, not worthy of carrying on her father's legacy.

Snowfall is a sharp, intelligent pony with a great sense of intuition about how most things work. She is bold, and when its to her advantage a bit of a flirt. She has expensive tastes but she's far from sheltered and still able to appreciate the smaller things. She is also filled with a want to explore. She loves her city, but someday she wishes to venture out from it to see the world. One day even, she hopes to finance a major expedition to the Badlands in hopes of finding out the truth about what happened to her father.

Snowfall is not without her faults, however. She can be quite arrogant and defensive, especially in regards to her father and her company. When she is personally attacked however, her reaction is more one of extreme anxiety. Though she has found a confident voice in her father's absence, she will often doubt she is truly doing as he would want, which makes criticism much more painful. Furthermore, Snow often does not take her work quite seriously enough. She tries to be involved in the company and make the big decisions personally, but her want to socialize and have fun will often cause her to push aside the more menial work or delegate it to somepony else. Additionally, she doesn't have a lot of patience, has a certain disregard for her own safety and has no real desire to commit to relationships.

Awesome pic courtesy of crp_dude:

Snowfallfinal.jpg

And here is an amazing piece of art from the very skilled Dunes:

snowfall.jpg

And here's more gorgeous art of this gorgeous pony courtesy of IcyHooves:

2vcf9s4.jpg

• Like 1

I think I'm in love. Figuratively speaking of course. A CEO of a company that is both sophisticated and simple at the same time, it sounds awesome! Although her impressions may hinder her attitude :( She seems like a awesome pony to be around, and I'm guessing Stalliongrad is part of MLP Russia? I'm not familiar with it. Nonetheless, this is a quality app :3

• Like 1

Certainly wasn't thinking about her, but I guess I see what your getting at.

Maybe there'd be a little insecurity to her character still, especially when dealing with her detractors, but I think she would have had to find some confidence by now. She's been head of the company for like six or seven years now.

Hrm, only thing I see is that you mention the company a lot... but you don't really say what the company is for. Maybe shed some light on this, if you can. I'm a little curious. :)

I mention at the end of the first paragraph of the character summary that they specialize in machinery and construction. So yeah, industrial type stuff. :)

You could try going the way of her having the chops, but not the experience or confidence so while she's all tough and in control on the outside she's actually pretty insecure

Like this idea as it bring up the one aspect of this app I felt was missing. We read all about her strengths and accomplishments, but I didn't get a feeling of any weaknesses or flaws. I am not saying make her a wreck, not by any means, just flaws and weaknesses allow for a more rounded character and thus richer RP. :)

Also, how did she get her cutie mark? What does it mean to her?