Oh gods, this was the best episode ever! I have never laughed so hard at a pony episode! The Nuclear Rainboom! Fluttershy's massage! Everything Twilight did (except the magic mind control doll... I find it a little worrying that she can do that, though at least the Princess was pretty danceed off at her for it).

Also: "She must hate her guts! How wonderful!"

Best line ever.

Edit: danceed? Since when have we had a language filter on the board? Oh well, it was a word that means angry. I'm sure you can figure it out.

Pretty decent episode, a little cheesy at times though for me. Some highlights:

• Derpy is in the new introduction. Also we have a train that is a true steam train and not pulled by pony power (which pony engineer).
  • Ponyville has a parchment store; I wonder what else they sell?
  • Cupcakes! Now we see why they have Pinkie bring the food.
  • Oh course Twilight is a student, studying for her PhD in magic! Also unicorn in magic training start in their own school(s) beginning in kindergarten.
  • So much messing with the fourth wall!
  • "Rainbow Dash must be angry with Applejack! She must hate her guts!! Wonderful!!!"
  • Ponies have construction goggles, and sunglasses
  • RAINBOW ATOMIC BOMB!
  • Fluttershy.. You have..unusual massage techniques
  • This is my couch and I take it everywhere I go!
  • "The Want It, Need It Spell", that's a creepy and dangerous ability to have.. O_o I image that has to be special knowledge that only a few would know, it be such an easy spell to abuse to nefarious ends.
  • Derpy!
  • THOSE FACES!

Clearly a Twilight episode, so the others didn't get much air time. I would have loved to see more Pinkie interaction with crazy, flipping out Twilight. Rarity was a bit disappointing at first, being more dramatic then she should be given the events of season one, at least she partially mitigated that later on with the joke that she just being her couch with her to outdoor events. Happy to see the CMC again.

Other than Twilight, nothing really new to add for the personalities and backgrounds for the main characters. Of course Twi did sort of learn her lesson in the end, but disorganization on her part, missing deadlines, and over-concerns over her studies will still be weaknesses in her character (just not as bad as they were before the events of the episodes).

ah man that was hella scary D:

I'm sure if I watch it a few times I'll get used to it and accept it as a new episode, but for now I'm kinda iffy about it. give me a week or so...

twilights magic is a different colour ._. compare it to episode 1. it's way darker this episode

lots of really weird shots to. I hope that they don't overload on these every episode.

the opening theme has a bunch of added sound effects and I think different singers. I hope I get used to that

lots of sparkly harp sound effects. never been a fan of those...

sets being pulled away ._. chairs from nowhere

Yay new episode !

There's a new generic song it seems. The sound on this computer is awful, I'll have to watch this episode again. I can't wait to hear it remixed though !

There's a train in the background ! What is it doing crossing the middle of the city like this ? It's dangerous !

Applejack and Rainbow Dash blowing the barn up was especially hilarious. Also, Twilight with a "bun"? hair styling, playing psychanalist.

Twilight became really creepy too. Accidental nightmare fuel episode ! But it was very fun to watch from start to end (and kinda over the top, but fun !).

Derpy Hooves !

I liked this episode. :D

Bear-Wrestling Fluttershy (Murdershy perhaps?) is best pony

Twilight creeped the hay out of me

Rarity's whines complaints were awesome

Big Mac.... WHAT ON EQUESTRIA ARE YOU DOING??

Reaction faces.... reaction faces everywhere

edit

HOLY CRAP DERPY IS IN THE INTRO!!!!(train's first cart, top window)

Pinkamina and Uptight-twilight... the perfect pair for a crazy shipping adventure...

Anywho, Derpy! TWICE! Woo!

I was hoping for Big Mac to have an extra line or two... not just eeeyup... which means that Snips and/or snails still have more lines than him >_<

I saw the Fluttershy attack as a Gif earlier while i was downloading the video... i thought it was shopped for a moment... then when it popped up i got scared...

Does anyone else think that Derpy's face during the struffle with the Mayor looked like Applejacks lie face? ... "I'm kidding, i didnt REALLY want the doll..." *lie face*

And does anyone think that Celestia's 'meet me in the library' bit sounded like she was gonna go Molestia on Twilight?... now THAT would be fun for the other friends to pop in unannounced...

I'm kinda surprised by the 'lesson', i was just expected it to be 'dont get so worked up about the little things' or something... but i'm pleasently surprised how it turned out.

I alao can't help but think that when Celestia vanished into the moon... it's because Luna zapped her... i dunno, thats what i'm imagining...

hi hi

Didn't they have a different group working on animation for this season? Everything looks a little different, not better or worse, just a little bit different.

There were a couple points during this episode where I had to pause the show and catch my breath they were so funny. Crazy Twilight might have gotten a little bit over the top there at the end, but I get the feeling after reading other comments that it might just be a personal thing on my part.

• Checklist making checklist? Twilight Sparkle, you're so nutty.

• 24 style ticking clock? Brilliant!

• Fluttershy's massage technique is epic.

• Scolding Celestia is serious business. *meep!*

Who called it on Celestia's letters? THIS GUY.

Also neurotic Twilight is simultaneously adorable and the scariest thing I've seen in a while.

Holy cow you guys! This just got pointed out to me:

Untitled-1-2.jpg

That filly at the back right.

Wings.

Horn.

Wings and horn.

:-o

So...

Big Mac ended up with the doll.

Can anyone say crack ship of the week?

There'll be a fic about it by tomorrow morning.

H-hold on.... that train was moving it's self.... IT WAS MOVING IT'S SELF! OH LUNE! MY JOB! WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS DARK IS GOING ON! AHHHH!

IMPOSSIBRU!

• Like 1

Omg, so that WASN'T my imagination?! D:

I thought Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom sounded... mostly correct.

But Scootaloo... the moment I heard her I was like, "...wut?"

Oh good, well, I mean not good good but still good. I was kind of confused when I hear them talk. I thought my headset might be off or something but I guess it was their voices. I hope this was just a fluke. CMC are awesome, so I hope the voices don't change. Maybe one of the voice actors had a cold?

Still, I liked the episode but I'm not 100% on it being the best. It was hilarious no doubt about that, but something felt off to me. I can't put my finger on it though. Guess I'm going to have to watch it again to see if I can ID what it is.

• Like 1

hi hi

I wouldn't worry about it Dusty, its just that they were coasting to a stop at the time so they didn't need everypony out pulling just then.

Chonico, I pegged the same feeling that I got while watching A Bird in the Hoof near the end there, which I guess is a staple of Twilight freaking out over nothing. When compared to, say a tree falling into a window during a slumber party, this episode was very high tension. I'm sure not all of the episodes in season 2 are going to be so tense.

About this filly here...

71509%20-%20Alicorn%20Pluto%20animation_error%20ponychan_gonna_ponychan.png

The fandom seems to be naming her Pluto for now. Not sure if it's an animation mistake or not. Either way, this is the very first alicorn filly, and presumably the first non-princess one as well!

Also, on the subject of the animation looking a little different, it's normal for art styles to slowly shift each season. I think the horn shimmering has changed colors for the unicorns.

• Like 1