There are so many good things about this episode I don't even know where to start. It might just be me but more then any episode I really noticed the music in this one, it was really good - especially near the end. Twilights breakdown was hilarious and terrifying, I really enjoyed her crazyfaces, haha. I really liked Spike in this episode as well, which is new. Normally I don't really care for him. I don't hate him or anything, he's just kind of there, but I really enjoyed him being the straight man to Twilights crazyness, and seeing him try to console her was sweet. I loved that little hug she gave him at the end. Also I may have teared up a bit when Twilights friends all rushed in to defend her. Both times I watched it .__.

and is it just me or does Bic Macintosh look different? I could swear he was sort of... shorter? stockier? in season 1

All in all, looks like I can forget any worries that this season might not be as good.

• Like 1

The first episode since Lauren Faust Stepped down and, thankfully, still great! There were so many fun moments in this one, the episode was every bit as great as the fan works I've seen on the topic, it does feel a tiny bit different from the previous episodes but that is probably everyone getting used to their new jobs and will balance out later. Also everypony who was dissatisfied with Twilight's breakdown during episode 10 you can now see her really go flying off the deep end (And on a side note, there was nice bonus for me, one of the scenes is perfect for something I've been working on)

This Week's Meme Report:

New opening (By the way, did anyone else spot Derpy and the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the train?)

Magic Kindergarten

Unnamed Alicorn Filly

Rarity's Melodrama Couch (That almost sounds like a possible playset....)

Sonic Mush-boom cloud/ Sonic Rain-Plume

Fluttershy the massage Ninja

Rainbow Dash's Sunglasses

Smarty Pants

"I like her mane"

Big Macintosh Loves Plush Toys

on a side note about the opening... U_U

watch Celestia's horn. magic switch on :blah: no transition sparkly effects at all.

I'm sorry, I'm picking away at this episode -_-''

SWEET FILLY LUNA.

Image7.png

After so many blasted appearances, Celestia finally gets a 3/4 front head! FINALLY!! I hated that she would ALWAYS talk with her face in profile during the first season and 2 last episodes. I'm so glad she can properly speak in that angle now! SO MUCH MORE APPEALING. :kissy:

EDIT: Actually, turns out Swarm of the Century already had her with a 3/4 head, but it was only used for one scene. (And it was Twi's imagination exaggerating Celestia's reactions as well).

• Like 1

SWEET FILLY LUNA.

Image7.png

After so many blasted appearances, Celestia finally gets a 3/4 front head! FINALLY!! I hated that she would ALWAYS talk with her face in 2-d during the first season and 2 last episodes. I'm so glad she can properly speak in that angle now! SO MUCH MORE APPEALING. :kissy:

I noticed that too. I was so surprised at how organic and lively Celestia's animations were in this episode that just seeing her casually leap across the library to the balcony(instead of flying while offscreen or teleporting) made me giddy. Not to discredit the efforts of the animators, but in Season 1 Celestia seemed like a cardboard stand-in in most scenes, standing in the same pose and only delivering dialog. Whether her stiff and rigid posture was meant to show her regal attitude, save time with animation, or a little of both is hard to say. I'm just glad to see that the talent artists behind the show were able to push the already amazing animation even further with this season.

Gaah, this episode was brilliant!

- A new intro!

- Twilight losing her mind! (This asks for more Twilight emoticons on the forum!)

- Fluttershy being a secret martial arts warrior!

- A new edge to writing Friendship reports!

- A lot more Derpy Hooves appearances!

- Sonic Nuclear Rainbow Explosion!

- Rarity being...Rarity!

- And not to forget...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQ_ujJ22zM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Celestia realised that Twilight was misusing her spell. Though really, it's hard to think of a way to NOT misuse a spell that is esentially portable mind control.

I guess what I don't understand is lack of pony element coming from Celestia. She obviously saw that Twilight was distressed enough to make a rash decision and cast a naughty spell. It just seemed like there was a lack of forgiveness on her part. If someone did something wrong because of the influence of a stressful situation in their life, it doesn't excuse them, but it's important to teach that person how to evade those situations so that you don't have to make a rash decision that is wrong. I just felt like to much attention was brought on the fact that she created chaos, when the real issue is not the chaos itself, but the reason that chaos started in the first place.

I know I am over-analyzing this, but cartoons that have life lessons that fail to tell the whole truth is a big pet peeve of mine. Cartoons that take kids seriously are too few and far between, and MLPFiM needs to be one of them, as it already has been for an entire season already. Really though, this episode was amazing!