[Open] Pandora's Music Box

Lucan

Azure walked through the busy festival grounds, shocked by the crowd. He had not seen such crowds since he last left Manehattan, which was merely a week ago. As he stumbled through the crowds, he heard music playing. Turning towards the source of the music, he accidentally rammed into another pony. His blue flute (and it's string) fell off his head, and was swept away by the hooves of other passing ponies. Azure moaned in distress, worried about the little woodwind instrument.

The bark of the black lab drew the gray foal forward, bothered by his dog's barking.  He trotted forward, following the barking before tripping over what he could presume was a root.  He stayed silent, using his horn to illuminate his position, though he didn't see the light.

"Hey, Colby...c'mere boy....Colby, where are you?  A little lost here..." He called softly, not daring to raise his voice.  He knew that finding out what was drawing his dog's attention was important, but it was better if he could...well, see, what it was he was doing.  His violet eyes stared ahead, his ears twitching at every bark.

"you've got to be brave Azure.... you'll find your flute and be able to listen to those performers..." Azure told himself. "Don't worry, it will be-" He was cut off by the barking of... a dog? He jumped, a bit startled. He wasn't used to dogs, and here was one barking at him. "Good boy?" Azure said, wondering why the dog had headed straight to him. He figured it was most likely because of his moaning. "Erm... could you help me find my flute?" He asked the dog, thinking that he must have sounded crazy - after all, he was talking to a dog! "Or at least get your owner to help me?"

The colt decided to pick up whatever it was he had tripped over, feeling along it with his hoof to find out what it was.  Long and smooth, cold, metal?  He sighed, levitating it above him briefly before trotting along to follow his dog's barks.  He smiled when Colby came back to him, feeling the warm fur and wagging tail to show it was his dog.  He sighed.

"Colby!  You really shouldn't run off like that.  I can't find you when we're in crowds...." He chastised, the smile back as he tried to determine what he was going to do.  He took a step forward and bumped into another pony, his concentration breaking and the metal object falling to the ground.

"Oh!  I'm so sorry...Colby usually warns me when there's another pony nearby...." The colt murmured, still looking straight ahead.

( OOC: I'm just going to reply starting when Azure was bumped into. Make life easier, one post at a time. Also, I'll go with the flute being metal for this RP. It's actually clay, though. :P It's an Ocarina, but I just call it a flute so that noone mistakes me for being somebody trying to cross Zelda over with Ponies... well, outside of a fangame.)

Azure looked at the little foal. "Oh, is this your dog? I'm sorry he ran away from you, he must have heard me moaning." Azure said, his voice softer than his usual voice (which was still soft). "But why did you run into me? Are you blind?" Azure asked. "Oh, and... have you found any flutes lying around?"

(OOC; "Have you found any flutes lying around?" I'm going to have to ask that to some random person on the street. I'd love to see their reaction.)

((OOC: that's fine!   :D))

The colt looked up, trying to figure out what a flute was.  Was it that metal thingy?  He shrugged.  "Can't say that I've seen anything, really...Colby here is SUPPOSED to be my seeing-eye-dog.  But sometimes, he runs off to somewhere else and...well, it's hard, not knowing if I'll run into anypony....sorry about that....by the way..." he said, his voice getting softer.  He sighed, a bit frustrated.

"Yeah...I'm blind...I don't even know  what my colors are or anything....or if I've got my cutie mark....would be nice...." He sighed, looking downcast.  He hadn't expected to reveal his disability.((OOC: That sounds hilarious....let everypony know the results of that!))

"It's alright, I've made some bad mistakes before too." Azure said, reflecting on his old habit of running away to listen to classical music. He shook his head, snapping him back to reality. "Well, you sound a bit upset, sorry if I upset you" Azure said, feeling a bit upset about asking if the little colt was blind. "But could you just please do me a favor - if you feel a metal rod lying around, try to find me. Ok?"

The colt nodded, blinking slowly before feeling around before him. He found the metal rod rather easily, levitating it up for the other pony to see.

"IIs this it? If not, then I don't...honestly, I don't know where it would be..." He muttered, keeping the rod at eye-level of the other pony while he himself shrank back. "It's not your fault...I'm just upset that I can't see like everypony else! More angry with my genetics than I am with anypony pointing out that I'm blind. It's why I have Colby." He smiled, his dog the topic that brought him out of his shell.

(OOC; Oh my god, the finding the flute so quickly seemed to make the RP shoot by so fast...)

Azure's eyes widened with suprise. "Y-yes, that appears to be it." Azure muttered, simultaneously shocked and pleased by how quickly the flute was found. "Thank you..." He levitated the flute back to himself, and put the string around his neck. He paused for a few seconds, afraid of offending the little one. Deciding that the little one would probably be able to push any anger aside, he asked "... And where would your parents be?"

((OOC: It could be the wrong flute...XD He's blind, so he wouldn't know which is which...and if you said clay, he'd be a bit more....repentant, I think...?))

The foal froze at the mention of his parents, trying desperately not to tremble. "M..my mom and dad are....somewhere....They told me to meet them by...uhm....where's the hay-hop stop? That's where I'm supposed to be if I ever get lost....though they didn't expect me to follow my dog....or for him to get distracted! Ohh....dad's gonna be mad when he finds out....more with Colby than me....but mad at me too..." He lamented, looking around desperately as if that would help him find his family.

( OOC; Would you mind doing, well, a story arc? Or whatever you would call it? You know, a few rps that go together to basically tell a story. I do it all the time on other sites. )

"You need to get to the hay hop? Would you like me to lead you there?" Azure asked, examining the flute. It was his flute... right? He took a closer look. That wasn't right. That just was not right. Such a difference could not go unnoticed, how didn't he realize it earlier? The color was off. This was a typical silver, his was more of a bluish silver. Azure grumbled a bit, and dropped down, scanning the ground. He saw a glint of metal a few meters away - the flute was nearby. Forgetting about the colt, he darted towards the metal. by the time he got to his flute, he left a trail of angry ponies behind him.

((OOC: not at all! I'm always game for an arc!))

The foal nodded, listening as the other pony dashed away looking for his flute. He sighed. If he didn't follow, he'd surely be swallowed up by the crowd...but if he didn't, wouldn't he be lost? He grumbled to himself and waited for his dog, who proceeded to follow the other pony to where he had gone. With a tiny smile, the foal followed, apologizing to anypony he ran into before resuming his pursuit. He ran bodily into his dog, this time causing himself to gasp as the wind was knocked out of him.

"Ow...Colby....stupid dog....Sir? I would really like it if you could help me get to the hay hop...uhm....did I find the wrong flute for you?" He asked, meekly. He was slowly warming up to this strange pony, which made it all the odder for him. He really didn't get along or warm up to too many others.