[Sugarcube Corner] Something Sweet!

Storm

Twilight frowned and put her head on one side, considering. "That doesn't sound like much fun. Maybe you should steer clear of such busy places until you're a bit bigger," she joked, smiling at the nervous pony. A few months ago, Twilight would probably not have been too comfortable - perhaps as nervous as her young acquaintance was - but she was confident now, and, thanks to her friends, had enough empathy to notice how nervous the foal was. "I'm Twilight-Sparkle," she smiled.

Staring up at the purple filly, the foal seemed to gain more and more confidence. His smile brightening ever so slightly, if a little self concious. He really -should- steer clear of places, but he liked to be places where people were, he liked to listen, he liked to watch people, mostly because he hoped at some point in a crowd he'd see his parents on the off time where they don't visit and he can surprise them. But this filly seemed nice. Not too much of a stranger for him to be nervous around and the smile really did put the youngster at ease.

Well he was young, smiles often did that.

"Starlight," Remembering something he was told once he cleared his throat quietly and rose his head. "It's an...h-..honor...to meet you, ma'am."

He may of pronounced the 'h' a little too much in honor, but the sentiment was there. From the earlier conversation and how casually the filly came in, she seemed to know the pink filly from behind the counter and smiled slightly.

"Did you come for a piece of candy too?"

Twilight smiled at the foal stammered a polite greeting. "It's an honour to meet you too!" she exclaimed, with what was genuine delight. Since learning that making friends didn't need to mean the end of her studies, Twilight had delighted in getting to know anypony who came under her nose - literally under her nose, in this case, she thought wryly, tilting her head down ever so slightly so she could see the tiny foal better.

"Candy? No, I came in to keep an eye on my friend Pinkie-Pie - she was in here earlier, running the store for Mr and Mrs Cake while they were out making deliveries." Twilight lowered her voice conspiratorially, " She can get a bit overexcited, see?" she explained, pointing to a trail of frosting, sugar strands and crumbs that traced the path that Pinkie Pie had recently taken upon exiting Sugarcube Corner.

So she DID know the filly from behind the counter! Beaming to himself at his apt guess he watched Twilight curiously, his large ears flicking at the conspirative whispers that made him raise one hoof to his small muzzle to politely stifle a good natured giggle. Glancing to the trail of icing he nodded before making a small motion to his saddle bag that dragged slightly as he walked with his size, but that didn't really dampen his spirits as he continued to smile.

"Miss Pinkie Pie gave me an extra blue taffy twist, I don't know if it was on purpose, but if it was, it was sure nice of her!" He piped up happily.

Feeling much more at ease in the filly's company. She did seem like a friendly sort and she reminded him a lot of his 'aunt', being a unicorn and all, but mostly because she seemed to have an intelligent air to her as she spoke. Or atleast some intellectual depth. Blinking realising he was letting his mind wander, he snuffled in his saddle bag, taking out the extra twist.

"Would you like it?" He asked, offering up the blue twisted candy stick that flopped ever so slightly in her direction.

"It probably was - Pinkie Pie is a good friend like that," Twilight smiled, thinking fondly of the pink filly who had taught her so much about friendship. She was always doing things like that - reaching out to nervous ponies like this young colt here and making them feel welcomed. It was, after all, her special talent.

Twilight was surprised when she realised that Starlight was offering her one of his precious twists. "Oh, thank you very much!" she said, "but you have it. It's very kind of you to offer though," she said, feeling more and more affection for the young pony every moment. "So have you been in Ponyville for very long? I don't think I've seen you around before, but I'm sorta new myself - I've been here a good while, but one can never be sure. After all, you can never know everything, right?"

As his twist was politely refused, he popped it back into his saddlebag and smiled in thought of who he could give it too next. Aven was deffinately one. Or he could give both to his mommy and daddy next he was them...if that was soon, hopefully. Aunty Spearmint wouldn't really like sweets.

Glancing up to Twilight, the little foal gently wiggled to sort the saddlebag onto his back again as it shifted only to listen up at the filly. Sat down on his rump to look up at her properly so he didn't fall back again...that had been a habit with tall things, he found.

The question caught him slightly offguard, but he didn't mind. He liked knowing more about the filly infront of him and offered a small smile as he spoke, shaking his head that his ears flopped with a soft batting sound against his head as he did.

"Uh-uh, I've only been here a year and even then, I like to stay up at night to watch the stars so I'm often really sleepy." He pointed up to the ceiling with one tiny hoof.

"I was born in Cloudsdale, but my mommy and daddy brought me here to live with my aunty Spearmint, she's a dentist!"

Twilight smiled as the foal tucked his twist back into his bag. As he shook his head, she couldn't help but marvel at how very small he was - he was really small enough to be not much more than a baby. Idly, she wondered how old he was as she placed a bag of cookies on the counter with a smile to Mrs Cake, before turning her attention back to the younger pony.

"Wow, Cloudsdale! I've been there once, it's very beautiful." She decided against asking why he'd been sent here - she didn't want to make a pleasant conversation awkward with private questions. Instead she tried to recall if she'd ever visited the dentists in Ponyville. "Wow, a dentist! I bet she makes you clean your teeth after treats from sugarcube corner, huh?" smiled Twilight, handing over a couple of bits for her biscuits, before turning her head quickly back to her young friend. "I like watching the stars too," she sighed, thinking happily of her telescope. Then a terrific idea struck her. "Hey, you know, if you ever want to share my telescope, you're welcome to come over! I live in the Ponyville library, and I love stargazing too!"

Looking up at the other in faint awe, he couldn't help but smile brightly. He'd never stayed there long enough to take in the beautiful sights and found himself...a little envious of the other. But in a good way. He was envious and excited that he knew such a fantastic pony who must've been so many places and met so many other ponies.

Silently he wondered if she'd ever met....no...no that would've been asking too much of her, instead he simply revelled in his new friend.

On the subject his aunt, he giggled softly and nodded towards Twilight with a cheerful smile.

"Mhm! I get to help with the teeth cleaning at times, I get to give the sugar free lollipops she has in reception to the other foals!...I have to use my special stool though, 'cause it's as high as mister and missus Cake's counter here." He said, patting his hoof gently against the glass showcase before his large eyes returned to the filly.

She said something that made the little pegasi's eyes widen gradually till practically they were just large, awe filled orbs of purple and black that stared at her in disbelief. A telescope?

A telescope for looking at stars?

Big stars and little stars? Multiple stars? Constellations?

A smile broke out on the little colt's face and his tail began to tick away happily to itself like a tiny dog's.

"You really mean it, miss Twilight!? Oh I'd love that SO much! Thank you, thank you, THANK you!"