Princess Celestia possible new look.

afropuff

What are you talking about? I never saw powers of the night in Celestia's mane. Why should it change?

I'm not sure what you mean here... :?

However, for those who aren't aware, if you take a look at the first episode, you can see from the book that Twilight is reading that Celestia has PINK hair. Luna has and always did have blue hair, but I assumed that in the lore book, she and Celestia both had hair like Luna had in episode 2. When Luna was taken over by the evil magic, she gained her astral hair, as did Celestia when she harnessed all of the Elements of Harmony by herself.

But, since Luna seems to have gained astral hair now, I doubt that Celestia's hair will change. The pink hair thing is something the older fans noticed, and wouldn't really make sense to little kids. Sure, they could explain it, I guess... but they never gave an explanation for Luna's new hair in show.

I thought they claimed the elements of harmony together?

They did. However, once Luna turned into Nightmare Moon, Celestia harnessed ALL six Elements by herself. Then, later, the main six harnessed the Elements individually, thus completely breaking any ties Celestia (or Luna) still held to them.

However, for those who aren't aware, if you take a look at the first episode, you can see from the book that Twilight is reading that Celestia has PINK hair. Luna has and always did have blue hair, but I assumed that in the lore book, she and Celestia both had hair like Luna had in episode 2. When Luna was taken over by the evil magic, she gained her astral hair, as did Celestia when she harnessed all of the Elements of Harmony by herself.

Has that proposal actually been validated by Faust or any of the other writers?

I see it all the time in pics, but I've never actually seen any confirmation. It seems legit, but it's still one of those things.

Has that proposal actually been validated by Faust or any of the other writers?

I see it all the time in pics, but I've never actually seen any confirmation. It seems legit, but it's still one of those things.

Technically, not that I know of. But, here are some screencaps for better clarification.

Here we see the two sisters together:

Episode1-1.jpg

And separately:

Episode1-2.jpgEpisode1-3.jpg

Together again:

Episode1-4.jpg

And again:

Episode1-5.jpg

They appear to be the same size, unlike the way we see them today, where Celestia is obviously taller.

Now, here we have Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-6.jpg

Please notice that she appears to have the astral hair now, unlike in the previous pictures of Luna and Celestia together.

And here's the battle between Celestia and the Elements of Harmony VS Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-7.jpg

Notice how much larger Nightmare Moon appears to be that Celestia. Although it could be argued as just a weird angle, if you reverse the roles of Celestia and Luna today and make it Nightmare Moon and Celestia then, it kind of makes sense. Since Nightmare Moon and current Celestia are the same size, but current Celestia is larger than current Luna, it makes sense that when their roles were reversed, the more powerful Nightmare Moon would be larger than the past Celestia.

And here's Celestia after banishing Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-8.jpg

Her wings are now white, when they were previously pink (I just noticed this). Perhaps a symbol of purity? While we can't see hair, there does seem to be a change in her stature(?).

I understand the thought. And I don't think so. The lightly color rainbow mane is hear to stay. Why Luna's hair was normal blue is in question, but I don't think we need to turn that into a big question of what the princesses' hair does during the day and night.

Its just hair, dudes.

And Faust's explanation was made up on the spot.

Technically, not that I know of. But, here are some screencaps for better clarification.

Here we see the two sisters together:

Episode1-1.jpg

And separately:

Episode1-2.jpgEpisode1-3.jpg

Together again:

Episode1-4.jpg

And again:

Episode1-5.jpg

They appear to be the same size, unlike the way we see them today, where Celestia is obviously taller.

Now, here we have Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-6.jpg

Please notice that she appears to have the astral hair now, unlike in the previous pictures of Luna and Celestia together.

And here's the battle between Celestia and the Elements of Harmony VS Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-7.jpg

Notice how much larger Nightmare Moon appears to be that Celestia. Although it could be argued as just a weird angle, if you reverse the roles of Celestia and Luna today and make it Nightmare Moon and Celestia then, it kind of makes sense. Since Nightmare Moon and current Celestia are the same size, but current Celestia is larger than current Luna, it makes sense that when their roles were reversed, the more powerful Nightmare Moon would be larger than the past Celestia.

And here's Celestia after banishing Nightmare Moon:

Episode1-8.jpg

Her wings are now white, when they were previously pink (I just noticed this). Perhaps a symbol of purity? While we can't see hair, there does seem to be a change in her stature(?).

It does make sense.

I guess I never thought about it back in season one, mostly cause I don't that much attention to detail.

But, since Luna seems to have gained astral hair now, I doubt that Celestia's hair will change. The pink hair thing is something the older fans noticed, and wouldn't really make sense to little kids. Sure, they could explain it, I guess... but they never gave an explanation for Luna's new hair in show.

One should remember that this is a book first of all; a picture book of an old Equestrian legend. There's not going to be any amazing secrets to discover in highly stylized art. I mean, if we're going to argue for pink hair we should argue for noodle legs as well.

And if we would argue for Celestia having pink hair in the past, why should we want it back? If her magical powers/elements of harmony dyed her hair rainbow colors, why should it change back? Don't girls change their hair styles all the time? And come on, who would honestly want to get rid of Celestia's floaty rainbow hair. That's like a staple because it's so weird compared to everyone else's hair. :P

• Like 1

One should remember that this is a book first of all; a picture book of an old Equestrian legend. There's not going to be any amazing secrets to discover in highly stylized art. I mean, if we're going to argue for pink hair we should argue for noodle legs as well.

Yes, it is stylized, however, you can see that there is a clear difference between Nightmare Moon's hair and Celestia's hair. Celestia's hair appears flat, while Nightmare Moon has the wavy astral hair.

• Like 1

I was thinking that Celestia's mane changed into the multicolored mane because of her taking control (or responsibility) for the sun and moon. I'm sure Luna has now taken back her responsibility after the new episode. So, what I'm kinda saying is I won't be surprised if Celestia shows up in the future with only a pink wavy mane.

Oddly, I WANT to see Celestia with only a pink mane, not because I dislike her (I really like Celestia), but because it would add so much depth and uh, awesomeness(?) to this already awesome series.

BTW, thanks for the responses everypony!

hi hi

Having a flowing, wavy mane seems to be a side effect of having lots of magic flowing through anypony. When Twilight sparkle gets mad in Feeling Pinkie Keen, her mane goes all flowing and elemental for a bit too. :)

lol,

When she lifts up the Ursa Minor, it also flows.

That would explain why Luna had a wavy mane as Nightmare Moon and a normal mane when defeated. This has a lot of potential. It's almost like, dare I say, DragonBallZ, you know, where hair equals overwhelming power...or something like that. Does that mean if Twilight Sparkle gets stronger, then will she have a wavy mane? That's kinda cool.