Blank Canvas

PIJIN

Name: Blank Canvas

Species: Pegasus

Coat Color: Pure white

Mane/Tail Color & Style: short and unkempt mane with a long spiky haired tail. Both are a bright baby blue color.

Eye Color: Turquoise

Cutie Mark: A small paint bottle with red, yellow, and blue being squeezed out in a swirling fashion. The paint bottle color is white (darker then the coat) and has a blue multicolored stripe of blue, yellow, and red going around it (signifying to colors inside).

Physique: A normal sized pony with a round nose. He has three grey freckles in the form of a triangle under each eye. Unfortunately, Blank Canvas is both deaf and a mute.

Origin: Cloudsdale

Roleplay Type: FiM/Show Role play

Motivation: Creating and developing new and more impressive forms of visual arts. Wishes to teach everyone about the joy or visual arts. Because of his hearing and speech impairment, Blank Canvas wanted other ways to express his feeling and thus took up visual art. As a foul, he was bullied because of his impairments and grew up wanting ponies understand them.

Likes: Drawing, sleeping out side, sunbathing, silence, exploring new places to draw

Dislikes: People making fun of his speech and hearing impairments, hay (which he replaces with apples), water (aside from drinking it), angry people

Character Summary:

At a young age, Blank Canvas wasn't the most sociable of foals, nor the best of flyer, making him the bud of plenty of jokes. Along with not being able to hear or speak, his self confidence and determination were considerably lowered which caused some deep depression at times. In order to make him self feel more like a normal pony he began communicating through writing on a note pad he carried around with him.

Blank Canvas' parents were very concered with how he would be treated becuase of his hearing and speaking impairments. Breaking the news down to him all at once, they tried several different methods to get him to express himself, from music to mechanics, and everything in between. Once returning from his trip to Canterlot and finding out Blank Canvas had gained his cutie mark, his parents were estatic to find he had finally dound a medium to express him self through. Always readily supporting him wether it be through art supplies or through posing for a painting, they are always there to help him.

Steadily trying to over to his foalhood fears of being bullied, he tries to break out of his shy and reserved self by making new friends. While not the least bit good at it, he is eager to make them and will warm up to anypony who he deems is nice. He's not the bravest pony (preferring the flight instead of the fight)but, when it comes to his friends or somepony in need, he's there to help.

Blank Canvas gained his cutie mark an older age then most. Not having the ability to speak or hear, he was deterred from ever trying to gain one, feeling that without the ability to hear or speak he was unable to. One day while visiting a pen-pal in Canterlot for the first time, he was awe struck by the fantastical city of alabaster spires, winding streets, and arcane mystery he wanted to get his feelings out through more then just simple words on paper, and thus he picked up a pencil and started to draw. He found that he had a rush when creating art. He felt alive. Thus, his cutie mark appeared on his flank.

His drawing skills are his escape from reality and they help him get his feelings across when words just don't satisfy it. He can become quite sarcastic at times, sporting a sarcastic look when someone doesn't get something right away or he isn't understood when mouthing his words. At times he will use his hearing impairment as an excuse to ignore someone, all the while knowing what they're saying as he has learned to read mouth movements.

Blank Canvas takes to heart his dreams and aspirations. Wishing to one day paint a portrait of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Apart from that, he wishes to one day one his own art gallery, full of places that he has drawn and painted from around Equestria, the main attraction being his Canterlot piece. In owning an art gallery he hopes that ponies from all around will come to see his works and be able to see the world through his eyes.

post-1275-0-23959800-1320632355_thumb.pn

Edited by Diomedes

It is good point to make application but could You explain it a little? Helpstaff will aswell ask You for it. :)

How he managed to get his cutie mark? Who was his parents or what they was doing in life? Does he know already what he would like to do in future (Job) ?

You have here good base for a app but You could expand it more, so there will be stories to make with character in RP and it will help to explore character more.

• Like 1

So I should do a thorough background of him while not making it to extensive? Apart from how he gained his mark, parents, and future, is there anything else I should add or elaborate on?

Thank you for the advice, BTW ^_^ Writing isn't my strong point.

Edited by IBleedAwsome

Just a minor note - you use the term his 'fillyhood'; filly is basically the FiM equivalent of teenage female. You might either want to use the term 'colt' (male teenager) or 'foal' (gender-nonspecific small child).

There are also a few grammatical errors - 'quite' sarcastic should likely be used, unless 'quiet' sarcasm is what you actually meant. Also, you should probably be using 'they're' in place of 'their' in that last sentence.

As AppleNitrox said, some more information on what he does for a living would probably be a good idea, and it never hurts to throw in a paragraph or two relating to his history!

This will likely be a difficult pony to play, though! Good luck fleshing out this application!

So I should do a thorough background of him while not making it to extensive? Apart from how he gained his mark, parents, and future, is there anything else I should add or elaborate on?

Thank you for the advice, BTW ^_^ Writing isn't my strong point.

It should be enough I think, these three questions (But I can't be sure).

about what he want to do in future, here are some my suggestion : Maybe he want to open museum with his own drawings so ponies could see them? Maybe he is searching for someone who could help him exist in the world?

This character have a good potential, You just need only to good describe it. About extensive it is up to You to be honest, some of people like to make a very big description of his/her character as others like to don't make is extensive.

Yes I kinda agree with You(And quite no, it just matter some people like to make big detailed character.. Sometimes its good, sometimes it is sad). But describing how he managed to get his cutie mark, describing a little about his parents and telling his dreams/what he would like to do in future is something that is necessary in summary, maybe not parents/dream thing but how he managed to get his cutie mark is for sure very important while making a pony. Just trying to help You here with some of question that could provide us better information with Your character, aswell as it would help You in RP ^_^.

But i was under the asumption that the more detailed a character is in certain areas the less they "room" they have to open up in RP.

Too much detail and coverage in an app can do that, yes. What we look for is enough to at least get a good idea what the character is like and enough development so to have sufficient "plot hooks" that would allow them to be a good RP experience.

I will be curious to see how the character is played as he will have to communicate either through writing or art, which is a pretty interesting concept and a challenge to write out. Other than a few grammatical issues in the application, it is pretty solid (also, instead of saying "angry people" it should be "angry ponies") . So I am going to approve.

For Great Justice! :D

AppAssessed.png

• Like 1