How did you find ponies?

Tam

I'm Kirah, 24, and I'm a web developer at a small company. I'd heard some buzz floating around the internet about the show, and was somewhat interested.

Then I saw

on some blog or other.

And I just said, "Okay. I have got to give this show a try; those scenes actually do look pretty cool."

• 2 weeks later...

24 yrs old and I Found out through a friend about the show, we were rping and she mentioned she wanted me to join a MLP rp on skype but I didn't know what she meant, and told me to watch an episode, well i took my time and browsed around inspecting it, and came across some pics, one mentioning the Winter Wrap up song. After it said that once I listened to it i would never get it out of my head and would lead me to being a Brony, At first I laughed as i thought it was a joke, but I was so so wrong. I listened to the song and I did get it stuck in my head and then I finally watched an Episode, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and after that I fell in love with the show. At first I was a closet Brony but now I am not afraid to say I love My Little Pony and watch the episodes, collect the merchandise, listen to the music, and Rp the show

• Like 1

I was introduced to Mlp, via a friend this happened in summer of 2011. It was just a normal day, hanging out in his basement. The usual circle of friends were there, so anyway he starts telling me about it. Boy was I confused at that time, I did not even know Mlp existed or bronies for that matter. After he explained it to me, he asked me to watch and episode, he skipped the pilot episodes. Basically i guess he wanted to go for the kill, it was then I watched Season one episode 25, Party of One. I was hooked after that so I continued, with watching the pilot episodes, following up with all season one shortly after. This pretty much sums it up in a nutshell, my age is 23 btw.

• Like 1

I learned about the show through art that I saw on Deviantart. This was when only a few episodes had already aired. I knew I would love the show before I saw it because I learned it was produced by Lauren Faust. However, I was surprised that it turned out to be the best show ever.

If you mean mlp in general, I was born in 1986 and so in the height of their popularity! I had a lot of them, and even rescued ones from charity shops etc I wish I knew where they went, I assume my collection got left behind when we moved once. Huge bummer... i also watched the movies and tv shows, and also got the magazine and books!

If you mean FiM then I noticed a lot of gifs and such on tumblr around March, and googled it. At first I hated the fact they made a new mlp! I thought the style was so different! A friend at Kitacon 2011 started talking about it also, and persuaded me to check it out. After I learned it was Lauren Faust who designed it, that wavered my opinion a little, and after watching it... WELL! I was hooked!

This is almost exactly my story too, for both My Little Pony in general and Friendship is Magic, except I fell in love with Friendship is Magic from the first screenshots. Right down to being born in the same year.

I first heard about the ponies back in February. A friend of mine mentioned how he liked the show; it didn't seem very unusual for him to like it, but I didn't think I'd ever be into it. I heard about it again when my sister started getting into it. Again, her being into it wasn't all that unusual to me; what was kind of unusual though was that it was her boyfriend who had introduced her to it. Still, I didn't even think about watching it.

A month or so later, I read "Cupcakes", out of curiosity after it was posted on a site I frequent and thought that was pretty weird. Still, I didn't investigate what it was based on. It wasn't until the end of May, when one of my other friends, and this time someone I never would have thought would be into a My Little Pony show said he was into it that I decided to investigate.

I was hooked from the first episode. Watched the whole series in two days. Then I spent a whole other day exploring youtube for fan videos. A couple weeks later I was completely obsessed and even writing my own FiM fanfiction.

I'm so proud to have played such a big role in your conversion :D

I saw it on Know Your Meme. My first thought after i read about it and before I started the first episode was basically, "I'm going to be a fan of this after a couple of episodes, aren't I?" Surprise surprise, I came to love the show right after the two part pilot.

• 6 years later...