How did you find ponies?

Tam

26, was introduced because my sweetheart was getting into it. Lucky me for that :D

I had some toys when I was young between my sister and I, but I wasn't actually much into the series at all. I liked it more than other things at the time I suppose, but I didn't watch much television even as a child.

I really didn't expect to get pulled into the series as much as I've become entangled in it. Sometimes its a mite embarrassing, as I think I'm probably borderline obsessed, and may like the series more than my sweetheart; she teases me :D But I cant help but love it. Not to sound all dramatic-y, but I think I like something about the innocence or purity that I miss so much, having been thrust into the real 'adult' world these last few years.

Strangely enough I find a lot of strength in it now. Its nice to have something to just be into again; as so much has become about bills, living accommodations, career, money, and responsibility. Its my escape to enjoyment, sometimes I wish I could escape even more :P

Friend's recommending and posting videos of it to me. I decided to sit down and watch the show. Both I and my brother's love the show and have all become bronies. The first episode I saw was, "Suited for Success". Afterwards I watched the series In order on youtube.

I must say this show restored my faith in western animation. I haven't been too fond of most cartoons these days and this one is the best one I have seen in years. I'm excited for the next episode and hope this series lasts a while. :(

Friend's recommending and posting videos of it to me. I decided to sit down and watch the show. Both I and my brother's love the show and have all become bronies. The first episode I saw was, "Suited for Success". Afterwards I watched the series In order on youtube.

I must say this show restored my faith in western animation. I haven't been too fond of most cartoons these days and this one is the best one I have seen in years. I'm excited for the next episode and hope this series lasts a while. :lol:

Cross your fingers and hope for a few more seasons :3

Cross your fingers and hope for a few more seasons :3

Luckily they want to do more than 1 season.

Well I admit, this is a my innocent, silly, escape show

Same for me. :D

I actually knew and half watched the old MLP when I was younger, but I didn't really like it a whole lot

I had also seen a few of the older series and like you, I didn't really like them, which made me very skeptical of this new one. Which brings me to how I found the ponies. I chill in an irc room for indie game dev (I mostly idle) and one of my friends there asked if I had seen this new one. I said no and all he said was the show's title and that it was awesome. A few minutes later I decided to youtube the show and found episode 1. I only intended to skim through it. After skipping around the first episode for a bit, a few lines had stood out to me, that and seeing the animation and voice work being amazing. So I thought, okay I gotta watch this entire episode. And you know how the rest goes. I watch the rest of the series over the course of 3 days. 15 episodes had been aired at that time.

Between then and now, I've showed the series to quite a few people and gotten at least 8 of them to watch it.

After skipping around the first episode for a bit, a few lines had stood out to me, that and seeing the animation and voice work being amazing. So I thought, okay I gotta watch this entire episode. And you know how the rest goes. I watch the rest of the series over the course of 3 days. 15 episodes had been aired at that time.

Between then and now, I've showed the series to quite a few people and gotten at least 8 of them to watch it.

Very very similar situation to me. Skeptical at first, fell madly for it.

I don't remember exactly. I know that a couple of my friends seemed excited about it, and I think this was about the time the first episode was airing. So I caught it on YouTube not expecting much. (Oh boy, another reboot!) Whoa, was I wrong.

I remember watching it for the first time...

Okay, this is starting out kind of familiar.

Twilight Sparkle? Really? REALLY? Well...okay, she's kind of an awkward geek. Okay I can relate.

Applejack. She's kind of cute and charming!

Haha, Granny Smith!

Apple Bloom? D'AWWWW.

Whoa, alright, Rainbow Dash is pretty cool. That's not anything I remember from the original..

Rarity dressing up Twilight just made me smirk! I was amused at how uncomfortable Twilgiht was.

OMG. Did that shy pony just *SQUEAK*? *FALLS IN LOVE* D'AWWWWWWWWWW!

Pinkie Pie is just infectious! I was worried she'd be a little annoying, but.

WHOA, NIGHTMARE MOON.

I *HAD* to watch the next episode. I loved this. It was so different from what MLP used to be. The expressions, the characters, the story..it was just so amazingly cool!

Each episode continued to deliver. I was not disappointed.

Now, we no longer call Friday "Friday". It is now "Ponyday". :D

applebloombrainisfullof.jpg

I got into a brony phase by way of curiously looking at a MLP thread on a Spyro forum. My curiosity has been rewarded ten fold.

L69vsH3RTpo

Oh geez, had to be via some twitter-based friends of mine - lovely bunch of folks wouldn't stop chattering about 'Those darn ponies' no matter what was going on, and the #MLPFiM tag was going up pretty much EVERY day. XD;

Finally, on one lone morning when I was due to get some sleep {Owing to a Messed up sleep schedule, lawl} and all my skype contacts were asleep at last, I actually relented and voluntarily checked out an episode out of curiosity.

It was just...what WAS all the fuss about, why did these ponies get so much attention?

And then I saw: magic, ponies, Equestria, Pinkie Pie, MOAR PONIES, Excellent animation and storytelling. And Derpy! 8D

I didn't get any sleep that day as I wound up watching at least 6 episodes before realising it was about 1PM in the afternoon and I USUALLY sleep from 9AM-4PM. With a small ironic sigh betrayed by a foolish grin, I realised I...loved ponies. :D

And that's how this foolish mortal found MLP:FiM and consequently wound up staying up for almost 48 hours as an indirect result! 8D

I'm Dart, 21, female. I found FiM through a friend who frequents 4chan; he told me about this new MLP show that /co/ was just obsessed with. He didn't want to watch it on his own (not sure why; man-points or something) so I offered to "force" him to watch it with me. We were amazed at how good it was and started watching each new episode. We made a weekly event of it.

I actually had a set of MLPs waaaaay back when I was what, seven? Eight? I totally loved them. I think their cutie marks changed when I put my finger on them or something, idk. ANYWAY flashforward about 14 years and here I am, noticing a deluge of Pony-related art on Deviantart, and wondering what on earth it could be about. Cue me watching the first episode, loving it, forcing my friend to watch it, my friend loving it, and slowly hooking more and more people onto it. :'D YEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHH.

He didn't want to watch it on his own (not sure why; man-points or something) so I offered to "force" him to watch it with me.

LOL.. As a guy I really started to worry about that once I did watch them on people's recommendations, because it turned out I liked the show..a whole lot. I mean, an adult male liking My Little Pony?? However this is the first cartoon I really bothered to get involved it the fandom of, because it turned out to be that good. Maybe every guy has that little part of him that loves the cute, "girly" stuff and needs to express themselves in that way, but nothing was ever around that also wasn't insulting to one's intelligence (Faust is right, most "girl's shows" are awful), and now all the sudden we have FIM.

I found fanart of it on Furaffinity by several of my favorite artists. It looked adorable, so I checked it out on TV Tropes, then I went and looked at the stuff on Youtube.

My name's Bradley, I'm 22, and I'm a college slacker with delusions of creativity. :(

Well WillowWisp told me about it when a friend told her about it... I kind of wasn't sure but she showed me and I got hooked. Yeah we watch ponies together and I don't care. I like to make her sing the songs.

I would pay to see that.

Heck, I would pay to see fanart of that.

I have some sketches actually. I'm just without a scanner right now. XD But I'll share when I get back to my good computer.