How did you find ponies?

Tam

Before I was hooked on FiM, my first encounter with the show was when I kept seeing fanart for it on DeviantArt. Days later, I started watching the first episode and eventually, started watching more episodes. Now FiM has become my new favorite show. :D

Also, been a MLP fan for years, so I knew I was gonna watch this show sooner or later. XD

Well, I heard of it once I first heard of The Hub's existence. I mainly wanted the channel for the Fraggle Rock reruns (Though I have that series on DVD, it's just nice to see them on TV again), then I saw what The Hub would be broadcasting as original programming. Most of it look like garbage used as 30 minute commercials, but then I saw Friendship is Magic. I was interested in the character designs mostly, but once I saw an episode, I was hooked and completely fell in love with Pinkie Pie. (First episode I saw, BTW, was the Bridle Gossip one)

The rest, as they say, is history, and I'm a full fledged brony. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I remember it like it was yesterday...

Actually, I don't. :? I think the first episode I was really exposed to was...Feeling Pinkie Keen? Or perhaps the Stare Master? Needless to say, whatever episode I saw first, I liked what I was seeing, a LOT, so I searched for episode 1 on youtube and watched the entire season up until then, and I knew I found myself a gem of a new show. It was as if the innocence I once had as a child had been found once more.

If I recall correctly, the reason I checked it out in the first place was because a lot of users were sporting pony avatars, and I was curious why.

I read that "end of creator-driven animation" article on Cartoon Brew in October, then spent a morning researching it, and decided to check it out. I was pleased with the first 2 episodes, but then didn't keep up.

I've only recently had time to get obsessed.

MY NAME'S CAT

I am a 15 year old lesbian female (yes it is VERY important to include my sexuality /sarcasm)

I found ponies after the admin on another forum (who is like god to me) posted a link to the Winter Wrap-Up song. It was like a drug, I was hooked. Found a charming (for the most part, avoid those who want to smaw cartoon horses) fanbase with some of the coolest fan works I have ever seen in my life. Then I fell in love with Dash's human form. Ohhh lawd.

Y'now I would kill to have a RP with Rainbow Dash. I really would. Where's her player? I've got a proposition for yah.

MY NAME'S CAT

I am a 15 year old lesbian female (yes it is VERY important to include my sexuality /sarcasm)

I found ponies after the admin on another forum (who is like god to me) posted a link to the Winter Wrap-Up song. It was like a drug, I was hooked. Found a charming (for the most part, avoid those who want to smaw cartoon horses) fanbase with some of the coolest fan works I have ever seen in my life. Then I fell in love with Dash's human form. Ohhh lawd.

Y'now I would kill to have a RP with Rainbow Dash. I really would. Where's her player? I've got a proposition for yah.

Rainbow Dash's profile

To be completely honest, I found it on 4chan's /b/. I remember being drawn into the thread while thinking "woah, this is too colourful for 4chan..." From there I started looking into it a little more, and eventually I found a bunch of FiM-sites. It took off from there, and now I'm spreading the friendship throughout my circle of friends. -_-

I frequent DA a lot and like to look at some of the Deviants (I guess, well known artist in certain groups) like Jolly Jack. I began noticing an over increase in pony pics and eventually my curiosity got the better of me. I found the first episode on youtube and didn't even watch it beyond the opening music. Left it at that and didn't find my way back to it till a week or so later when that curios itch refused to subside. I enjoyed the first episode, so watched the next one, and the next one, and the next one... Before I knew it I was re-watching the Winter Wrap-up episode just so that I could try to sing along...

The rest, as they say, is history... A joyful one at that. Haven't looked back since ^ ^

I saw many threads about it on 4chan's /co/. Now, having had an older sister, I was acquainted enough with them. Hell, she forced me to watch with her when all I wanted was Transformers. So this time, I figured "Eh, they were right about Wakfu".

Ironically, the old MLP was so bland, that my pony collecting and loving sister was instead converted in her television viewing by me to my Transformers, and in doing so became just as a large of a fan of the latter.

And now here I ma years later, a huge fan of FiM, and from what she tells me, she hates it. :)

I seem to be one of the few who DIDN'T get into MLP via the internet.

I was never even remotely interested in the franchise until I heard Lauren Faust was in charge of new MLP cartoon. I knew it would be good somehow due to her involvement. It of course, is more than good though ^_^

I found out about FiM through a podcast. The guy doing the podcast was going on and on about it for half of the podcast. So I thought I might watch the first couple of episodes, just to see if the guy was right. Turns out he was. I was hooked from then on.

An online friend of mine (who really, REALLY didn't seem like the type to watch a show related to My Little Pony) recommended it to me, and while it took a few days one day I got bored and he asked me again "Did you watch MLP yet?" and I thought to myself "Eh, may as well see why it's gotten a lot of hype, and why my friend has recommended it to me".

I did not have high expectations, as I had nothing but bad memories of watching the original show when I was a kid (god awful plots, terrible characterisation, all the ponies felt like mostly the same character, etc etc etc) I watched the first episode and was shocked to find that I was enjoying it. Vastly superior dialogue, writing, humour, there seems to be some actual CHARACTERISATION in this show unlike the Generation 1 show (the trite I watched as a child) and...well, the rest as they say, is history.

I am now obsessed with this show XD

I like to visit sites like funnyjunk and the such. Well around February or so I began noticing all of these pony posters. Well I had an intense hatred that burned hotter than 5 million suns towards MLP so i often trolled and mocked them. However by early March I was interested in the beautiful animation. I still trolled and flamed but I was not as harsh as I was before. Then somebody replied to my insult saying "How can you bash us if you don't have any idea what the show is like?" Well I thought about it and saw where they were coming from. So I decided to watch the first 15 mins of the first episode. I hated it and it renewed my hatred for a short time. About a week later I saw a Starcraft 2 pony vid on youtube and enjoyed it. I looked off to the side and saw the link to the first episode. I decided the watch it again. Then I went on the part 2. I thought "wow this is bad" Than I moved on to the ticket master. At the end of that episode I realized that I actually liked it. I was hooked. By episode 9 I was visiting all of the pony threads that I could find. By episode 12 I had 4 songs on my ipod including winter wrap up which is my favorite. Now I love the show. Heck I even bought a small plastic Rarity figure. I can not get enough of it.

Honestly it was Derpy that got me to give in and watch the show. I remember coming across this infamous fan animation of Derpy "delivering" mail and thinking it was a scene from an actual episode.

DJ-FYQv9Uvc

I figured if it included such an rediculios character it's definitely a bit more appealing to my interests than the old shows. Sadly, that clip never happened(yet) but I joined the herd anyway.

I found this show after it was used as spam material on a forum for an old show I used to watch. On April Fool's Day, someone (I'm guessing the admins) altered something so that anytime the letter p was used anywhere, an 'ony' was inserted after it. Anyway, I used to love this show, which had ended a few years ago, so I got just ticked enough by the spamming to see what all this newfangled pony stuff was about (Yes I know I'm a little young to say "newfangled"). There was an off-topic thread made on the site relating to the recent pony flood that lead to MLP's KYM page. I went there and checked it out.

I've now watched every episode so far and I'm hopelessly addicted to this awesome show.

Oh memories. First episode was part 2 of Suited for Success. Starting from when they got their dresses done, so I missed the epic musical number.

The reason why I even clicked the link was pretty stupid. I was searching Little Big Planet gameplay, and I was just browsing the levels, being amused once in a while. I clicked a level where it was inspired by MLP. I was amused, but not as much as the other videos, so I just clicked some other video.

Apparently my eyes weren't on my cursor, because I clicked on Part 2 of Suited for Success. I was like "Oh whoops. Better go back to the previous page." but then I got a message for a friend on Msn. I replied, and the video started playing. I went back to the page to stop the video and again missed the stop button (I had a pretty ****ty mouse). I gave up and looked at the comments expecting "Ahhh nostalgia." but instead I got "I'm a 21 year old boxer, and I love this show. What's wrong with me?" I got curious and actually watched the video.

>bored face

>amused when Hoity Toity sat on the brown pony's face

>smiled at AJ's comment on ponies wearing galoshes

>actually chuckled at the kitchen sink

>smiling the entire time Rarity wallows.

>grin ear to ear when the cast holds 2nd fashion show for Hoity Toity

>finish video

>slap myself realizing I just watched MLP

>click on part 1 seeing what a missed

>watched Art of the dress

Then I became a brony, and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Well, it turns out at somepoint I started viewing the original MLP. I must have been a year or two ago, because I remmeber abit of it. Though, at the time I was thinking "Whats wrong with me? This is humilatting. If my friends or family catch me watching this, I dont think theyd ever let me live it down". Then I heard frmo a frined a new mlp came up, so I thought "Alright Ill look.". Looking at it, I turned out to like it. So, I became a brony and hope to contiue enjoying it. However, I cannot allow my friends to know about this.