An Evening in the Shop [Closed, for now]

Remedy

A certain mare was running about her shop in a panic. Twenty minutes of searching hadn't yielded the herb she had been looking for all this time. "Quicklime is going to be here any minute! I have to find it!" Her hooves stopped in front of a tall shelved wall that spanned the entirety of one section of her shop. It was like a library... of herbs and spices. The yellow-pelted pony rolled over a ladder and climbed up to the sixth shelf up and examined the basket labeled "Wizard's Folly" She pulled it out of its cubby with her hoof and was relieved to see the herb there. Then she asked herself why she didn't look there sooner...

Her mindlessness aside, Remedy grabbed a mouthful of the herb and returned to her section at the back of the store, just behind a thin green vail of a curtain that hung in the doorway. She set the Folly aside on a long table that had a bunch of alchemist items aligned in a row: mortar & pestles, calcinators, alembie, retorts, beakers, flasks, and crucibles. You know, the works. A pony could never be too prepared for an experiment. Now all she had to do was wait for her talented apprentice to arrive.

Remedy made her way to the front of the shop, pulling aside the vail with her ear as she passed through. Perhaps she would make sure everything was neatly organize, that all of the containers and bottles were placed where they were supposed to. Things got a bit hectic during the day, and it was in the evening when things slowed down that she had the chance to clean up before going home for the night. Her thoughts wandered back to Quicklime as she rearranged a certain shelf. She looked at the corked bottles in front of her and smiled. 'Plum Shandy' was the first concoction the two herbalist ponies created together. It was a bit of a fluke in the lab, but their creation did what it was supposed to do: act as an pain-number for aching backs.

"How often is it that two ponies born in two different places that share the same talent meet up and live their dream together?"

RemedyREdit.png

This was her favorite time of the month! She would go get to see her mentor and the actual owner of the little shop QuickLime worked at in Ponyville! She was her teacher though really they were each other’s teachers since it would be impossible for either of them to be where they were today without each other’s influence in their lives.

QuickLime had spent hours preparing several of her own mixes and remedies for her ‘teacher” to see and test out to see if she wanted to sell them in her store in Canterlot, but she had also spent time getting other herbs and flowers that the other had a harder time getting her hoof on because of living in the city, and not having the same privilege of living near the EverFree Forest like Quick did.

Once arriving she grinned moving to knock on the door with a hoof, the cart full of supplies behind her ; this was going to be SO much fun she could really rub shoulders with a pony just as passionate and interested in Herbology as she was, not to mention getting to spend time with her BEST FRIEND EVER!

True from the start it had been brief, but to QuickLime that meant their friendship was more condensed and potent since they had such little time to see each other that they crammed more into it, HAY she even ran a shop under Remedy’s guidance since she was a little older!

All in all she was one of the few ponies that got a smile from Quicklime that wasn’t laced with sarcasm or was fake.

Both had balanced out each others personalities perfectly, with Remedy being more sweet and cheerful, While as QuickLime was more sharp and moody and antisocial, in the end they brought out the best the other had to offer and it was truly magical.

The knock on the door jarred the mare slightly, but it excited her all the same. A trot the door confirmed her assumption- it was Quicklime. "Come on in!" She held the door open with her hoof and gave the filly time to get through. "I swear. Every time I see you, you come carrying more and more. Must be quite a hike, Quicklime," she sneezed. "Either way, I'm glad you're here now." The door shut behind them.

"Bring your things to the back and we'll get started," she headed to the back of the small store, pulling aside the vail for Quicklime. "We shouldn't have too many visitors, but if we do I will handle them."

• 3 weeks later...

"Hiking is what these long legs are for" She said and grinned pulling the supplies inside "I brought you plenty of the plants you said you were low on, plus I brought you some of my best coffee for us to drink while we work"She loved coming here, the shop was bigger than hers, and more popular due to it's location and it was so bright and airy she could only hope to one day have a shop as nice as this one .