W&D S01EP20 - Green Isn't Your Colo(u)r [we're live!]

Tam

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing that hit me about this episode was the number of cameos. We have Photo Finish as the supposed Lady Gaga pony, we had the monopoly pony in the first fashion walk (complete with the monocle and tophat), and even Derpy was amongst the ponies. It was neat seeing all the different ponies in this one.

I liked the story behind this episode as well as the focus on Rarity and Fluttershy. Its a bit much to put two Rarity episodes back-to-back, but it was a well-made episode nonetheless.

Great episode!! Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack had the week off, though.

I especially liked the the beginning when a pony was about to file Fluttershy's horn only to find out she doesn't have one. Princeless!!

And Photo Finish is a cool name, not sure if she is an old or new character. Wish I would have thought of it. Would have used the name for a race pony.

fluttershyawesome.jpg

Flüttershy! You're cue, now GO!!! LOL

Haha, Pinkie Pieeeeeee

Also, something I didn't quite get, was at the beginning of the episode when Fluttershy and Rarity were at the Spa, how come Fluttershy didn't get all the stuff Rarity did?

Like the full mud mask..

I got the feeling Fluttershy just doesn't care for that sort of thing as much as Rarity does. She may go to the spa more to please Rarity than to please herself. I mean, most girls like spa days, some just more than others. Fluttershy may see some of the treatments Rarity gets as unnecessary for herself. Rarity is all about fashion and looking good, while that is likely not a high priority on Fluttershy's list.

Haha, Pinkie Pieeeeeee

Also, something I didn't quite get, was at the beginning of the episode when Fluttershy and Rarity were at the Spa, how come Fluttershy didn't get all the stuff Rarity did?

Like the full mud mask..

I got the feeling Fluttershy just doesn't care for that sort of thing as much as Rarity does. She may go to the spa more to please Rarity than to please herself. I mean, most girls like spa days, some just more than others. Fluttershy may see some of the treatments Rarity gets as unnecessary for herself. Rarity is all about fashion and looking good, while that is likely not a high priority on Fluttershy's list.

And perhaps that non-necessity was what made her so popular to model anyways. Is it possible she has more natural beauty than Rarity?

hi hi

I didn't get the impression that Fluttershy thought the treatments were unnecessary. I got the impression that it was just her inherent timidness to not go all out with the full spa treatment. I know some timid friends who don't particularly like trying new things and will order the most unadventurous meal when we go to eat at a new place, etc.

hi hi

I didn't get the impression that Fluttershy thought the treatments were unnecessary. I got the impression that it was just her inherent timidness to not go all out with the full spa treatment. I know some timid friends who don't particularly like trying new things and will order the most unadventurous meal when we go to eat at a new place, etc.

But Fluttershy shouldn't have been shy. It seemed the spa day was a weekly thing with her and Rarity.

Haha, Pinkie Pieeeeeee

Like the full mud mask..

And perhaps that non-necessity was what made her so popular to model anyways. Is it possible she has more natural beauty than Rarity?

Perhaps. Since Fluttershy doesn't use tons of make-up and clothes to flatter herself, perhaps her true beauty shines through: herself.

Some people do have natural beauty, but they don't see it in themselves. They may be more beautiful than those who do themselves up to try to impress. They are beautiful just the way they are.

hi hi

I had a friend that used to drive two and a half hours each weekend to watch other people roleplay/hang out, but she never wanted to actually join in herself, she was just content to watch and converse. That is just the kind of vibe I got anyway. Have you ever known someone who just wants to watch but never actually joins in? I've also seen it with sports and video games too.

hi hi

I had a friend that used to drive two and a half hours each weekend to watch other people roleplay/hang out, but she never wanted to actually join in herself, she was just content to watch and converse. That is just the kind of vibe I got anyway. Have you ever known someone who just wants to watch but never actually joins in? I've also seen it with sports and video games too.

I do this sometimes. :?

This was such an AWESOME episode. I laughed so hard, and I'm still smiling. I've actually watched the episode several times now, and it's still amazing. Pinkie Pie SLAYS me! And Twilight's outtakes. Fluttershy is just way too freaking adorable. And I love Rarity! Pony Gaga! This episode cannot possibly contain all of the awesome, yet it does! :D

I love the little *squeak* noise Fluttershy makes when she smiles. :D

Someone else had said there's no AJ or Dash in this episode. Applejack and Rainbow Dash do make an appearance! Applejack is selling apples out of crates with Fluttershy's face on them, and Rainbow Dash is pulling a Fluttershy banner across the sky. =)

Regarding background ponies, I recall Lauren Faust saying that there there are a whole bunch the animators can choose from those that are already made up. She did say they didn't have a whole lot of time to complete each episode, so I'm guess the animators took the easier route. I also noticed that in some audience scenes, it looks like they were going for a color theme rather than a variety of ponies. Like a "bluish atmosphere" in some shots, for instance.

Regarding background ponies, I recall Lauren Faust saying that there there are a whole bunch the animators can choose from those that are already made up. She did say they didn't have a whole lot of time to complete each episode, so I'm guess the animators took the easier route. I also noticed that in some audience scenes, it looks like they were going for a color theme rather than a variety of ponies. Like a "bluish atmosphere" in some shots, for instance.

It is likely they have only so many symbols in their library of different models to use for the background ponies, and like you said, the tight schedule and budget doesn't give much time to do more. Maybe they will make a bunch more in the off season for season two.

Still they did a decent job, I saw several new cutie marks and ponies I never seen before.

And not only new background ponies (a lot of them!) but all kinds of crazy outfits on them as well. Along with new locations, new backgrounds, and a TON of crowd shots. They put plenty of work into this. Most cartoons don't even animate crowd shots, and if they do, it's usually just a few people in the front. If these guys have a low budget, Faust is the George Lucas of cartoons and this is her Star Wars.

Ok a few things, that was NOT pony gaga. It was Anna Wintour!

wintour1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wintour

Second, I LOVE pinkie pie... I'm pretty sure the entire part of the show where pinkie pie is popping out of stuff and freaking out Twilight she doesn't really exist and is just a hallucination because Twi is the only one who acknowledges her. Just sayin

3rd, fluttershy's little scream *dies*

Second, I LOVE pinkie pie... I'm pretty sure the entire part of the show where pinkie pie is popping out of stuff and freaking out Twilight she doesn't really exist and is just a hallucination because Twi is the only one who acknowledges her. Just sayin

stealth_pinkie_02_50p.gif

stealth_pinkie_01_50p.gif

She is like Savoir-Faire, she esssss everywhereeeere!

And not only new background ponies (a lot of them!) but all kinds of crazy outfits on them as well. Along with new locations, new backgrounds, and a TON of crowd shots. They put plenty of work into this. Most cartoons don't even animate crowd shots, and if they do, it's usually just a few people in the front. If these guys have a low budget, Faust is the George Lucas of cartoons and this is her Star Wars.

Yes, there were several new ponies, even if they weren't in shots for a long time. Also, yes, several crowd shots. Lots of ponies to fit into one episode. With creating all those new ponies, did they really have time to make sure every single pony in every single crowd shot was different?