Ponyville Minecraft server

Starburst

I just found the biggest cave system in my entire Minecraft experience. It connects my little cabin and ravine near Bramble's house, through a huge series of caves, to a ravine near the spawn.

Edit: Also, if I can make a request to allow /tp [playername] and /spawn available as commands? Might be good to show people around the server to cool, and get back to spawn if you need to.

There's a server map, and /home invite commands work for instant teleportation to other ponies homes. I saw the tower you built. It's nice.

I just hope the new laptop I'm getting will run minecraft, and that my brother isn't particularly nosey >.>

It doesn't take much to run minecraft. I recommend a laptop with at least 2-4GB of ram and a Quad Core processor at least, And a video card with at least 512MB video ram.

Howdy everypony!

Due to a slight minuet misunderstanding today, I feel I should make mention of the sheep pen located near the base of Canterlot.

First off, those are communal sheep. I gathered them and bred them so that everypony would have wool nearby and not have to go hunting off in the wilds. The idea was that ponies would make a request and I'd breed some sheep and sheer them, thus delivering the wool. However, I am not always on.

That being the case, everypony is welcomed to the sheep, that being the whole meaning of "communal" sheep. You can go into the pen and are welcomed to do anything you'd like. You can stare at the sheep, pet the sheep, feed the sheep, gamble with the sheep (I get half their earnings), talk with the sheep, and above all... sheer the sheep for the wool you need. As long as you don't annihilate the whole flock of course.

All I ask though, is that you give me a heads up before doing this. I know this requires some planning, instead of the whole "just go and build whatever you feel like" philosophy which rules Minecraft. But, if you tell me beforehand, then I can breed more sheep to ensure the wool vein doesn't run dry. Everypony should have a fair chance at the wool, so letting me know allows me to try and breed some to replace the ones that are sheered.

After staring at naked sheep for a few days, I have come to the conclusion that sheep are nudist and don't regrow their wool after sheering. So, you can see where I'm going with this. In order to make sure everypony has a fair chance at readily available wool, I need to breed the ones we sheer.

So, just let me know beforehand and heck, I'll do all the dirty work and deliver the wool to you when you stop by the Chonico Acres Husbandry Division office (aka the place with sheep, chicken, and pigs).

Hey there, everybody...

I know it's not immediately apparent that those marshlands are settled by Yours Truly, but my underground gardens do spread out underneath the marshy surface, and my mines are deep below, and I have been carefully cultivating the forest up there.

So please observe the basic niceties - repair your creeper damage, replant trees, and don't leave hanging trees where you only cut off the bottom part of the trunk. It's very frustrating to me when I come up, blink in the bright sunlight, start to move out, and discover a whole lot of craters and that half of my trees are gone. It especially saddens me when an especially tall and venerable tree has been half-cut down, and has little branches floating around everywhere because someone decided to start chopping it down but didn't want to go up there and finish the job. If you're going lumberjacking here, please cut down the little trees, thank you.

I'll go ahead and start popping some signs around, and some pumpkin lanterns for atmosphere, so that it's a little more apparent that this is a natural reserve. I hereby declare it ... the Froggybottom Natural Reserve!

Hey there, everybody...

I know it's not immediately apparent that those marshlands are settled by Yours Truly, but my underground gardens do spread out underneath the marshy surface, and my mines are deep below, and I have been carefully cultivating the forest up there.

So please observe the basic niceties - repair your creeper damage, replant trees, and don't leave hanging trees where you only cut off the bottom part of the trunk. It's very frustrating to me when I come up, blink in the bright sunlight, start to move out, and discover a whole lot of craters and that half of my trees are gone. It especially saddens me when an especially tall and venerable tree has been half-cut down, and has little branches floating around everywhere because someone decided to start chopping it down but didn't want to go up there and finish the job. If you're going lumberjacking here, please cut down the little trees, thank you.

I'll go ahead and start popping some signs around, and some pumpkin lanterns for atmosphere, so that it's a little more apparent that this is a natural reserve. I hereby declare it ... the Froggybottom Natural Reserve!

I gotta see this. X3

I'm currently serverless, as my last server decided to go private with Facebook and to this day I refuse to use facebook... (but daaaaaaang was it awesome, if non-pony, anypony interested I'll see if I can dig up the map, these guys were history majors and built things like castle TO SCALE and (as much as possible) HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!)

I think I'll hop on and atleast look around, I have a bit of a policy of not joining servers that dont use Runecraft because I've become overly-reliant on it's magics, but I wanna see what the server's like! (Any chance you have or will build a Cloudsdale?)

Forum name: Ashton

Username: AshtonDurkhun (might be Ashton_Durkhun, I've not been on since beta so I forgot...)

Keep an eye open for a tiger blundering about ;) lol dont have an OC Pony skin yet, so...

I'm currently serverless, as my last server decided to go private with Facebook and to this day I refuse to use facebook... (but daaaaaaang was it awesome, if non-pony, anypony interested I'll see if I can dig up the map, these guys were history majors and built things like castle TO SCALE and (as much as possible) HISTORICALLY ACCURATE!)

I think I'll hop on and atleast look around, I have a bit of a policy of not joining servers that dont use Runecraft because I've become overly-reliant on it's magics, but I wanna see what the server's like! (Any chance you have or will build a Cloudsdale?)

Forum name: Ashton

Username: AshtonDurkhun (might be Ashton_Durkhun, I've not been on since beta so I forgot...)

Keep an eye open for a tiger blundering about ;-) lol dont have an OC Pony skin yet, so...

There are plans of building a cloudsdale in the future, yes. Right now we're just sort of doing regular builds. I've half-built canterlot castle myself.

I haven't had time to play lately, but there's a question I'd like to ask.

Are there any rules regaing where you can set up mines? I'm going to need to start mining for materials sooner or later, and I don't want to break into someone else's mine by accident. Is there some sort of ettiquette or minimum distance I need to observe?

Are there any rules regaing where you can set up mines? I'm going to need to start mining for materials sooner or later, and I don't want to break into someone else's mine by accident. Is there some sort of ettiquette or minimum distance I need to observe?

I cant speak for anypony else, but my rule is to find the farthest-out area that's in use, then walk a full day/night cycle from there. If you want to be insane, I walked THREE cycles once to make sure I wasnt in anyone's way.

I decided to play proper. I have a hole! It's a lovely hole... or was... the front side is now missing from creepers... and why are there so few trees?

I swear this game wasnt as hard in Beta... *bought waaaaaay back in Alpha*

I'm building a road connecting Canterlot to my Home Under the Mountain. Why? I have a massive mine that gives me far more iron, redstone, etc, then I know what to do with. For that reason if anypony needs a spare bit of iron, maybe a few nice blocks of obsidian, just let me know and I'll be happy to deliver. Preferably you'll have somewhere in Canterlot to drop it off, but if not once I get my road finished it should be easy to find the Home Under the Mountain, and pick up your supplies.

As far as mining is concerned, There are no such things as personal mines, as you have the chance of digging right into someones mine anyway. There's a mine entrance right outside the Canterlot area that you can access by lever and by going down the stairs. If you need to start digging just dig, as there are no rules for doing so. If there's a mine and there are minerals there and you mine them they're you're minerals.

This isn't the same for houses, but for mines I think its pretty fair.

I've built a hidden Treasure Trove near Spawn.

Oh, and the chests are Unprotected! It contains many goodies; like 24 Gold Blocks, several Diamonds and more. I'll be adding more to it as I go along.

Finding the trove is only 1/4 the battle, if you know what I mean. :shifty:

ooo! you mean you have traps, puzzles, and in short... a dungeon!?! I'm game! Let me grab my stone sword and see how many corpses I can leave in the level! lol

Bid for Trans-Equestrian Rail System

I am placing a bid on the Trans-Equestrian Rail System. I have provided examples of a previous Rail System I cooked up one day.

(Spoiler Tags are used to limit overtaking space)

Main

20111217212337.png

Example of outside of Rail tube. Lights, of course, will be needed. Support Beams are in place for look.

Inside

20111217212350.png

Inside view of Tube. 2 tracks going and 2 tracks coming. Power/Detector Rails are in place to prevent clogging.

Outside of Station

20111217212436.png

Example of "Drop Off" Station from the outside.

Inside of Station

20111217212442.png

Inside of "Drop Off" Station.

I have designed the support beams to be "destroyable" at a moments notice in case of the event of a Zombie Apocalypse or War with Rival Nation; but this can be "undone". (No seriously, that support beam is packed to to brim with TNT!)

ooo! you mean you have traps, puzzles, and in short... a dungeon!?! I'm game! Let me grab my stone sword and see how many corpses I can leave in the level! lol

It's not as elaborate as you may think. After all, treasure hoarders need to get to their treasure again.

It's not as elaborate as you may think. After all, treasure hoarders need to get to their treasure again.

Says who?! lol, back on my old server I had 2 treasure rooms, one was hidden, only accessable through a series of 3 well-hidden teleporters, and the other was a severe deathtrap, filled to the brim with lava, 'bottomless' pits, cacti, TNT, you name it! (my old server didnt have locking chests so bizare measures were often needed, an, in fact, I like that idea, even if it is inconvenient)

Says who?! lol, back on my old server I had 2 treasure rooms, one was hidden, only accessable through a series of 3 well-hidden teleporters, and the other was a severe deathtrap, filled to the brim with lava, 'bottomless' pits, cacti, TNT, you name it! (my old server didnt have locking chests so bizare measures were often needed, an, in fact, I like that idea, even if it is inconvenient)

Trust me, I highly doubt that anypony will survive it without cheating.