The Very Merry Berry Juice and Drinks bar... [Closed RP mode for now]

Bramble Rose

Rainbow Dash blinked in surprise as she heard her name, turning her head to look at the speaker. She was startled, at first, uncertain, and then a broad grin spread across her face. "You've hearda me, huh? Yeah!" She shook his hoof, grinning. "My day's going awesome, thanks! My days are always awesome! How'd you hear of me, Silverbolt? I mean, I've done so many famous things, it's hard to keep track... "

She felt thrilled. Was he going to ask for her autograph? She liked it when ponies did that... though it rarely happened.

Silverbolt's smile widened, she actually spoke to him and shook his hoof! Thinking for a moment, he replied, "That's great to hear, you've made my day! I heard about your victory and exploits at the young fliers competition. They are still talking about the Sonic Rainboom up in Cloudsdale.". Pulling out his autograph book, he opened it to an empty page and asked, "Could you sign in my notebook? It contains the signatures of everypony I have ever met.". He felt slightly embarrassed asking that of her, remembering previous encounters where he was told in not so pleasant terms to leave them alone. It was almost completely blank.

Tibbles cants his head slightly as he hears something muttered behind him, turning around to be taken aback as he realizes the source is a young dragon. Despite standing on it's hind legs, the lizard was still a head shorter than the earth pony, seeming even shorter due to it's slouched gait, telling of an exhausting day. He wasn't quite an expert on dragon physiology, but the pegasus knew enough to tell that something was amiss.

Eventually he manages to get over the shock of finding a dragon enough to give a concerned frown, leaning forward as he addresses the creature “Are you feeling alright?”, looking about quickly before the dragon can answer before stepping out of line “Go ahead. You look like you need something to drink more than I.”

The Mayor was clueless as to what drink was offered to her. This was something new yet inviting. She took a sip and was sold. Her frown had turned into a sigh of satisfaction. She had wondered why she had never come here before and made a mental note to make it a point to at least visit Berry's place at least once a week.

Sipping her drink gently, the Mayor finally had a chance to scan the place. A few prominent ponies were among the guests. She decided to mingle and headed towards a group of Ponies but she didn't want to interrupt their conversations. She kept in mind that most of the ponies that were here wanted to relax than be bothered by the regular tiring routine that they usually did in their normal lives. For the moment, the Mayor decided to stay by the bar and enjoy her drink. She had hoped that someone would start a conversation with her, but that didn't really matter. For now, she was satisfied with sipping the drink and that's what all that mattered.

"“Are you feeling alright?” The pony in front of him surrendered his place in line.“Go ahead. You look like you need something to drink more than I.”

"Hunh? Oh hey, thanks, pal! Heh, it's been a day, lemme tell ya." Normally, he'd politely decline, but he was just that tired and thirsty, and Berry's concoctions were just that good. He overheard Rainbow Dash's voice somewhere in the crowd, but it seemed whenever she went out, there were ponies who wanted to meet her! They'd catch up later, maybe. But, hey, attention back to the nice guy who gave him a further place in line.

"So, hey, don't think I've seen you around Ponyville before. The name's Spike, work in the library, work with Twilight Sparkle. Nice t'meetchya!" And, with that, he stopped slouching and rubbing his back long enough to offer a claw in greeting. Tired, yes, but still friendly!

Rainbow Dash puffed up with pride. Most of the things she was famous for were shared by all her friends - but the Sonic Rainboom was the one and only thing that was one hundred and twenty percent hers. "Aw, yeah, that was awesome!" she said eagerly. "Man, the feeling of going that fast ... " She stopped, reminiscing happily, but realized she was in danger of bragging too much, and tried to dial it back with a little humility. "But you know, I didn't have a choice." Yeah, that should do it. that was humble, right? "My friend was falling to her death, and the only way I could save her was to go faster than any other pony can even dream of."

She paused and took the pen from Silverbolt, signing her name with a flourish. She loved getting autographs, herself, and loved the fancy ones the most, so she made the end of the 'w' into a little lightning bolt, and then doodled a cloud around the whole thing.

"There she was, screaming in terror, falling towards the earth, and three of my own heroes, the WonderBolts, falling with her ... I was diving as fast as I could, the wind peeling back my lips, my mane streaming behind me, and it was like I the air itself was trying to keep me back... like a giant rubber sheet was stretching before me, making it harder and harder for me to go forward ... It'd never been so hard to fly before in my life, but I couldn't let my friend down... so suddenly ... *snap!* I shot forward, and snagged all four of them just *inches* from the ground, and zoomed off with the rainbow wave washing over the earth!"

Her voice got faster, more eager, with every phrase - she loved sharing that story, it made her thrill with excitement. But she didn't want to be a braggart again, so she off-hoofedly added, "but, y'know. I couldn't have done it myself. If her life hadn't been in danger, I might not have found the strength to push that hard."

Rainbow Dash flipped lightly through the autograph book. Hrm. "You gotta meet more ponies, kid!" she said brightly! "Gotta lot of blank pages here to fill up!" She grinned encouragingly to the colt. "If I had my autograph book here, I'd show you all the ones I got! And hey, maybe someday, somepony will be asking *you* for an autograph!"

Listening to her tell the tale herself and receiving her autograph, he felt that his day had peaked as he reached a state of euphoric bliss and contentment. Replying to her comment about if things weren't that dire she may not have been able to do it, Silverbolt said, "I've been in that situation before, I had a broken wing bone and a good friend of mine was off balance from clipping his wing on a tree and it looked like he was gonna slam into the tree on his right. I jumped off the cloud, finding the strength to push past the pain, and managed to overfly him and give him my tail to regain his balance and recover. After that, I was forced to glide to the ground, dodging tree branches and landing." Hearing her tell him he needed to meet more ponies, he replied glumly, "I don't have a lot of time to go around and do that, plus I just moved to the area and haven't really had a chance to meet new people." Brightening up again, he said, "I'd love to see yours too, and you could be right about me." Smiling again, he put the book back into his saddlebag and said, "Maybe when I have a day off you could tell me more about your adventures." He looked back at the bar and saw that the barmare was in the backroom now.

"Hunh? Oh hey, thanks, pal! Heh, it's been a day, lemme tell ya." The dragon replies as it takes Tibbles' place in line, "So, hey, don't think I've seen you around Ponyville before. The name's Spike, work in the library, work with Twilight Sparkle. Nice t'meetchya!" straightening up as it offers a claw to shake.

Tibbles steps into line behind the dragon once the latter takes his place, the name of the dragon's employer failing to mean anything to the pony, new to the area as he was. He allows himself a slight smile as the dragon offers it's claw "Not a problem. I'd guessed as much." raising his hoof to give it a quick shake as he considers whether or not he should bother giving his actual name, quickly settling on giving his nickname "I'm Tibbles... a pleasure meeting you as well." Tibbles adds a moment later "I suppose I would call myself a scholar of the sciences" he said that last bit in a slightly reverential tone "Just moved into a place in the forest." Introductions out of the way, the earth pony continues "So you work in the Library. Are you a scribe, then? Or an archivist?"

An introduction made, and Spike simply listened as the earthpony introduced himself. Wait, he was hanging out in the forest? Weird...Why would anypony want to move into the Everfree, anyways? Still, those were questions that might start a conversation he wasn't quite awake enough to keep up with, or worse still, seem a little rude. A brief pause, and the young dragon simply shrugged the curiosity off, instead opting to answer Tibbles' questions directly.

"Weeeeell, a little of both, really. I end up doing a fair bit of writing and note-taking, and I usualy end up taking care of a lot of the organizing. But, hey, everypony's gotta do something, and it's not like I eat cheap, either!" With that, Spike let out a chuckle, stretching briefly. Sure, it had been a pretty rough day, but he was a baby dragon, and as such he'd mend quickly enough.

"So, how's Ponyville treatin' ya?"

Ruby was pleased that somepony was polite enough to say hello back. What was she, diced tomatoes? :P

Sitting her little rump down on the stool, she just beamed up at the pony when he told her he reminded her of her mother. "That's right! I'm Ruby Pinch, but everypony calls me Pinchy! Berry Punch is my mommy, and she's the best mommy EVER!"

But what was this? A pony offering her a delicious candy treat! "Wow! Thanks, lady!" she exclaimed, happily accepting the stick and immediately putting it in her mouth. wasn't there some kind of unwritten rule about candy and strangers? Oh well, it was delicious! "You made these yourself? They're great! Whadda you call em?"

Suddenly, case in point from her earlier statement, Ruby soon got her favorite smoothie... and a CUPCAKE?! A high, excited squeal left the little filly, always loving these surprise treats. "See? SEE?! My mommy's the greatest ever! I love you mommy!" She shamelessly cried out across the bar at Berry before she could disappear into the back. That's right, everypony! Ruby loves her mommy! A delicious fruity treat, a cupcake and a smoothie. Little Pinchy was in heaven!

But WOW, was the bar filling up! There was Rainbow Dash! And... And... What was the Dragon's name...? She always seemed to forget when she wanted to know. After trying to jog her memory with a few hooftaps to her head, she decided it would be best to dive in to her smoothie. Picking it up, she took a drink, her little hooves kicking with glee. She LOVED Mixed Berry Smoothies. Oh, but where were her manners? Looking up to the pony she had just introduced herself to, she grinned for him! "Nice to meetcha, Mr. Highroller!"Then to the nice candymare "What's your name?"

Edited by Imagination

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash gave a small whistle. "That's pretty heroic, yeah! You got the feathers, kid!" She gave a soft laugh. "I dunno how many free days I have to spin tales, usually I'm pretty busy with work, or with practicing awesome new tricks. But many evenings I'm in here. Maybe we'll run into each other again, huh?" She took a last drink of her rainbow-layered concoction, scooped up her Wonderbolts Magazine, and tapped her hoof to her forehead. "Nice meeting you, kid! Keep being awesome!"

She headed for the door, eager to get home and pour over the magazine some more. Maybe she wouldn't even go so far as home, maybe she'd just stop off at Twilight's and hole up in her little reading nook there, stack up her Wonderbolts magazines next to Twilight's Daring Do books! She was already lost in her imagination, her mind racing ahead of her wings as she headed on out into the snow.

• 2 weeks later...

"I call them Candy Sticks! and YEP! I make all my sweets at my store in Canterlot" Lemon said with a beaming smile, she already adored this little foal, but then again Lemon adored all things small and cute "Miss Punch when you have a moment I'd love a nice Sweet Lemon drink please" She called to the busy worker, though was quite content to sit and talk to her companions, glancing at Ditzy and smiled "I just noticed your mane is a delicious frosty lemon yellow! I might have to use that as inspiration for a candy! How does Ditzy Lemon Fizzes sound to you?"