Lily's Garden (closed)

Sunnyheader.pngHollyBellheader.png

Sunny grinned in response to what Bramble said, and he thought about... 'you have to love the flower' he'd definitely keep it in mind when he went back to his pot of daisies. Looking over at his sister he sighed as she wasn't even paying attention to them. It was hard to tell if she was just ignoring everypony or really interested in her book. Either way Sunny wanted her to pay attention to their new house guest and his horn glowed brightly as Holly's book floated away from her. He giggled and watched her get frustrated "Come on, say hi for real Holly".

"Hey!" Holly yelled, not realizing exactly what happened. She really had been lost in her book, not trying to be rude. That caused her to miss the whole part of the conversation where Lily invited him to stay over. She got up quickly and almost knocked poor little Poof from where he was sitting happily. The little cat decided to get away from what looked like it was about to be a war zone and trotted over to Lily and Bramble. As Poof got next to Bramble he started nuzzling his face and his fluffy sides against the purple leg that was new and interesting to him.

When Holly saw the book floating near her brother she gave him a half smile, and than he asked her to say hello. Rolling her eyes a bit she looked over to Bramble and said "Hi... sorry... that was a really good book, the one currently floating over by my brother. I'm Holly, but you already heard that." she glared at Sunny again, silently asking him to give her book back.

Lily-Blossom_Banner-1.png

Lily giggled a little at the whole exchange, it's been a challenge to learn the twins dynamic and get use to their teasing each other. Before the two of them had moved in she'd only seen them on brief trips to Fillydelphia or when the family came to visit her, only a few times a year at most. They were a lot to handle but she loved having them, they brightened up her days and were never any real trouble. When Bramble spoke to her she looked back at him "Dear, don't worry about it you've been lovely and I have no doubts that you'll help out with the business. Now if you'll follow me inside I'll show you around." and with that Lily stepped inside the house.

Bramble Rose laughed softly as the two siblings bickered good-naturedly with each other. "Don't worry, Holly," he said warmly. "I know how it goes. My dam's a professor at the University of Canterlot, and it's impossible to get her attention when she's in a book." It really was just like his dam, right down to how she used to bicker with his sire when he pried the book away, and it just made Bramble feel suddenly right at home.

He trotted along after Lily, smiling happily as he looked around. "So, what is this wonderful book your brother's holding hostage?" he asked curiously.

• 3 weeks later...

HollyBellheader.png

Holly smiled as she listened to Bramble's story, it was her first real smile since he'd gotten there. "A professor? that's so cool! Universities look like fun" but when Bramble asked about her book she blushed a little "Oh... it's just an old story book, I use to make my parents read it to me all the time" a closer look would reveal that the book had all the signs of being taken all over the place by a little foal, for years. The edges of the cover were worn and the pages all curled and rippled a little bit.

Lily-Blossom_Banner-1.png

Once Lily got inside she had to push a few little things out of the way, they looked like they might have been a few of Sunny's toys. 'Sorry Bramble, it can get a little messy in here' A quick look around and it was clear that this house was very cozy and loved. There were flowers in pots on just about every free surface that wasn't a table or the inside of a book shelf. A row of pretty pots with the biggest star gazer lilies most ponies had ever seen were sitting on a little simple shelf over by a sitting area.

Next to the comfy chairs were several book shelves all filled almost completely with all sorts of books 'Oh feel free to move in whatever you'd like, books, your favorite tea cup… just make yourself at home' Lily wasn't sure how much Bramble had brought with him to ponyville but she was sure they could find room for all of it.

Bramble Rose gave a small grin as he looked around. "Oh, no, this is *lovely*," he said quietly. He stood just inside the door, his eyes taking a slow pan of the room, with a warm grin on his face. he looked like a kid in a toy store, figuring out what to look at first. He opted to go to the shelf of giant star gazer lilies, sticking his nose into one to give a deep inhale, and letting out the breath with a sigh of satisfaction, then he started examining the petals, the blossom as a whole, and even the stem, with a critical eye. "Oh, these are *gorgeous*.

Then he blinked. "Oh, well, thank you very much! I don't have much of my things here, just what's in my saddlebags at the moment ... but you're extremely generous! And I'll only be in your mane till I earn up enough bits for my own place, so hopefully that won't be *too* long! I might have a few of my flower books shipped over from Canterlot, but that won't be *too* much...

• 5 months later...

Lily took a quick look behind her to see if Holly followed the two adult ponies inside, but it looked like the filly had decided to stay out on the porch and watch her brother work on his pot of daises. Lily smiled as Sunny brought another of one the daises back to full bloom and then she gently closed the front door with her magic.

As she took a few more steps into the main room she noticed Bramble admiring her stargazer lilies. "Thank you, those are my favorite stargazers. Unless it's for a very special occasion I never clip the flowers on these plants." Lily listened as Bramble started explaining how he intended to move out as soon as he could "Don't worry so much, dear! you aren't in the way at all, stay as long as you'd like." She paused and looked around "Would you like a tour of the rest of the house now? Afterwards I can make us a pot of tea and let you pick out a good book." Lily said as she glanced over at the book shelves and comfy chairs near the front window.

Bramble Rose nodded, smiling brightly. How lucky he was, to have met such a friendly pony - a home, and a job, and a friend, all on the first day he was here. What a wonderful fortune!

"Well, if you like. But I don't mean to be charity... It's my first time out on my own. I lived at home all my life, and all through the Academy, but this is my chance to make something of myself! A brand new start, and all that! Heh. I never expected to get such a perfect job as this - I was pondering ideas to hire myself out to the farmer ponies around here for special jobs ... like ... if their apple trees got sick, or some sort of blight on a field of celery. Show that my ... particular brand of magic is quite useful."

He glanced over at Lily. "Unless, ah ... I'm not the only one with this brand of magic.. .*^_^* I hadn't met any terraresonant unicorns back at the Academy, or in Canterlot at all, much less a floraresonant unicorn! Though I suppose I didn't meet all the unicorns... "

He quickly stopped himself from babbling. "Oh, um. But yes! I'd love to have a tour! That would be wonderful! Gotta know where I'm staying, right?"