Bobbing for Fun - Part 2 (Open to all)

Hippo

((This is a continuation of "Bobbing for Fun" during the Harvest Spooktacular event.))

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/3720-bobbing-for-fun-open-to-all/

ajbanner.png

Applejack blushed too. She hadn't expected any romantic displays to come from such a childish party game, but as long as they were having fun, she didn't really mind. However, she knew that Snails probably thought it was pretty gross--if he wasn't too oblivious to notice, that is. "Good job, Snails! You can pick a candy apple of your choice too!" Still, talking to Snails, Applejack gestured towards Martini, "But wait for Mr.- uh, I mean, Mrs. Capony to pick hers first." With a heavy wink, Applejack assumed that two ponies with this much love to share could only be engaged with one another. Applejack then wondered if they had ever planned on having the wedding in Ponyville, and if they did, if her newly refurbished barn and the large rustic yard that surrounds it would be a suitable for a couple ponies who seem to have a little adventurous tastes. For the moment, though, Applejack kept the thought to herself.

At the sound of his father's name, Dice froze. He suddenly realized what he tought he knew that pony from. He looked almost exactly like his father. He hadn't seen him in years, but he was sure the pony either was him or looked alot like him. ''Hey! Mister!'' he said firmly, frowing and walking up to Brazil. ''Why are ya wearing my father's fatigues? he asked sharply. He knew it did sound rude, but he wanted to know. Badly. Though not sure it was him or not, he'd rather just ask the pony some things.

In a friendly way, ofcourse.

..sort of.

Brazil was momentarily stunned and thrown off when he saw the coy wink from Applejack - his first reaction normally in a situation such as this would have been to give a coy wink back, but then it would look far too much like a returning of flirtacious thoughts, and this wasn't the best time to be even contemplating such things. He could feel himself getting a little anxious at the {mistaken!} idea that perhaps miss Applejack was, perhaps, getting the wrong idea about him. After all, he was here with Martini...and quite enjoying her company!

His grin wavers as he turns back towards Martini, clearing his throat slightly as he focused on their little task at hand and addresses his 'companion' with a chuckle. " Well, Martini, which of these delightful prizes strikes your fancy? they all look so darned delicious...then again, I suppose I was always a fan of a good crunchy apple treat that I can't help but like 'em all! "

It was at this point that he found himself interrupted by a small voice from nearby... " Why are ya wearing my father's fatigues? "

Brazil blinks, looking towards the other pony a moment shaking his head and breathing out a soft sigh - he had absolutely no idea what this kid was talking about and was most definately unsure just how to respond!

" I...Uh... " The stallion rubbed under his muzzle as he tried to think how to phrase the answer. " I'm sorry, I've always owned these...my name's Brazil Nut, and seeing as you aren't my pegasus Daughter, Paradise, I'm fairly sure you're probably mistaken! "

He suddenly felt very awkward, as he cleared his throat again...shrugging slightly at the other pony with an apologetic look.

" I'm so...terribly sorry for the confusion! "

Martini smiled proudly with the apple in her mouth. She could taste it already, and she was ever so hungry, not having eaten anything yet that day. On that thought, the unicorn mare tossed her head back to fling the apple straight up into the air, and snagged it deftly from the air in her mouth, chewing and eating it with just a few bites. She licked her lips happily, her hunger slightly eased.

Martini blushed a bit for acting, perhaps, a bit low-class rustic while there in front of Brazil Nut... but he wouldn't care, right? And blushed more from the hostess referring to her as "Mrs. Capony" and all that implied. Martini walked over closer to the orange earth mare and whispered in a rather hush too, as to impart a secret, "Brazil and I, uh, we are not, umm ... We are not married, or engaged. Actually um, we are not even a couple ... I mean not any official couple at least." Martini rolled her eyes a little and giggled, as if she was telling this to one of her filly friends back home when she was younger, "I mean ... I am not sure if he is even interested. I'm interested, but I dunno if he is." Martini felt silly, she wasn't sure why she was telling the orange mare this, other than she felt pretty trustworthy and honest or some reason the pink unicorn couldn't quite figure out - just like some strange intuition.

It was just then Martini heard one particular sentence from the brown earth stallion as he conversed with the young colt ...

"I'm sorry, I've always owned these ... my name's Brazil Nut, and seeing as you aren't my pegasus Daughter, Paradise, I'm fairly sure you're probably mistaken!"

She turned around in stunned surprise. He ... He has a daughter? Is there is already a mare in his life?! I thought he was single! He sure acted single! Martini stood there in silence, feeling rather silly. She had never bothered to find out if there was another mare in his life or not, she just assumed he was single like she was. Of course, she was single, with a foal ... Could that be true for him too? Martini stood there, feeling torn and confused, trying to figure out how to even ask that question without looking too forward, or nosy.

Snails bounced excitedly "OhboyOhboyOhboy! Ah won a candied Apple!"

He looked exctedly at Applejack, then the pink unicorn mare who had been bobbing as well patted his mane and told him what a good job he did at getting an apple.

Snails scuffed a hoof sheepishly and blushed "Awww.. Thanks, Ma'am."

He sighed good naturedy as Applejack told him to wait for the nice unicorn to pick hers first, but he stil nearly bounced in excitement.. "Sure, Miz Applejack."

The young colt listened as the stallion caled her Martini, and thought * Okay, she's Miz Martini, Awesome ta know...*

Snails suddenly looked nearby as another yong colt spoke to the nice stallion, who replied he was "Brazil Nut" and thought * Coool name! *

He watched the suddenly confused byplay between the three pones as things took aturn into the adult pony world.

Snails shook his head wondering why adult things always had to be sooo complicated...

ajbanner.png

Applejack watched as an excited Martini juggled her apple into the air and ate it within a few solid chomps of the jaw. So that's what it looks like. Applejack had always done such things before, but she finally got a chance to see exactly what she looked like when she did it, and she was impressed.

When Martini walked up in whisper concerning the truth of her relationship, or lack thereof, with this Mr. Capony character, Applejack was revealed on the matter and immediately decided to want to help her. It just made Applejack's heart melt seeing pony's fall in love with one another. Without a whisper, however, Applejack responded, "Well, if you're interested, why not ask him how he feels? You look like you'd make a great couple. What's keeping ya'll from being together?"

Just then, both Martini and Applejack overheard the brown stallion's discussion with another pony about offspring that he would mention belongs to him. Applejack was shocked, as was Martini. Her worry would only last a second though as she would nudge Martini and encourage. "So, he has a kid, big deal. That doesn't mean he ain't interested in you. You should just be honest and ask him about his daughter, and maybe he'll be honest too. No point in turning to sour apples just because you don't know the truth about somethin'." Applejack wrapped her hoof around Martini as she continued to talk. "I mean, if he's a single father, you wouldn't be turned off by that, would you?" Applejack smiled, but then unwrapped her hoof and stood back with a concerned look. "Would you?"

• 2 weeks later...

Embarrased as he felt, he placed the sunglasses that had slid off his nose back on and cleared his throath. ''...Oh.. yes.. i.. i'm sorry, i'm over reacting..'' he said, clearing his throath again and chuckling awkwardly. He tipped his head at the mares, and nodded weakly. ''...Excuse me, for my.. behaviour..'' he says with a grunt, as he trots away from the stand. He shook his head. Face it, Dice, he's not coming back. (( Ugh, i'm way too late on this. So, i'll be stepping out to prevent any further delays. T'was fun, i suppose ^^ ))

It was surprising how one thing could lead to a torrent of odd moments - although the pony who had asked about his costume was heading off, the ripples of what had been brought up between them and how Brazil could see it had impacted Martini were clearly not just about to fade away quietly. Indeed, he could see that the glazed over look in Martini's eyes was clue enough that his discussion about Paradise had wrought on a sense of confusion, and he cursed himself quietly for not taking the time to mention this sooner...

All in all, the whole situation was becoming just a tad bit awkward.

" Ah, Miss Martini...it's not, well, not what you think! " he says with a small rub of a hoof under his muzzle, clearing his throat as he tried to explain just what had happened - it was awkward, as even now, the details were somewhat sketchy to him. " This is a little complicated, if I have to be honest...but rest assured, I've only had contact with Paradise herself...I don't know where her mom is, and we certainly haven't spoken in years - she and I parted ways amicably in the end, but I had no idea that she was... "

Trailing off mid-sentance, he felt the heat rise in his cheeks a little - he'd certainly felt the pressure of the moment, and it was only now dawning on him that this was probably one of the first few times he'd really cared about clearing something like this up...he wasn't really sure why, but Martini was a pony he had no intention of upsetting.

" Look, it was a long time ago now and while I did... " He paused to take a deep breath, poking at the ground with a hoof trying to keep himself on point as much as he could. " While we did have a good time together, she felt that I just wasn't, well, quite what she'd wanted in a stallion - and in all honesty, I suppose I couldn't blame her. I mean, I probably was a real troublemaking foal back then, but I've tried to-... "

Celestia damn it, he was getting caught up with all of this in the worst possible place - they were supposed to be bobbing for apples and having fun, not poking at a sore spot in Brazils chequered past...that was meant to have happened at a much better moment for them both!

" I suppose I should probably make this explanation at a better time - but rest assured, Martini, that it has no impact on how...well, how things here are - I'm looking after Paradise now, seeing as she took the effort to come find me. the least I can do now is do my part as her father and, well, keep her close! " he says, clearing his throat again and looking back at Martini with a small smile. " For now, I suppose I'm still somewhat learning the ropes...probably gonna need help with that! "

He didn't really know how things with Paradise and Martini were going to go - nor was it immediately obvious just what the mare would say to his being open about things in such an odd setting, but he'd had no choice given everything. For right now He took a step back, apprehensively on instinct...not really sure of how she'd react to all of this, but mostly hoping for a reaction that didn't result in him rubbing a sore cheek and nurturing an equally sore male pride!

((OOC Note - Anyone in this thread can here this confession of sorts. :P Even Snails, although he wouldn't care,except maybe the Sunrise Beach part))

Martini Paradise looked at the orange earth mare with a blushed smile, who was certainly being open and honest - even straightforward and blunt. The orange mare was also correct. Martini had simply been caught off guard. Just because he had a foal didn't mean he wasn't single, that he wasn't interested ...

Before Martini could say anything else, Brazil Nut had started to explain nervously about his past, the relationships. It was funny, listening to him bumble through his exposition, considering how smooth and suave he normally was. It was downright adorable. What she also picked up on pretty quickly was how important it was to him that he explained himself to her. If his feelings weren't obvious before, they certain were now.

Martini walked up to Brazil Nut and placed placed her forehoof lightly upon his lips to let him know he didn't have to say anything more. Her soft smile was reassuring. "Its alright". It was alright, it had to be, for she had a confession of her own.

Putting her forehoof down, Martini looked right into Brazil's eyes, "I guess since we are confessing so much about our lives, it is only fair that you know… I am a single parent also". Martini emphasized that last part, she still wasn't sure if Brazil was single after that confession, maybe in the course of telling him everything, she could find out once and for all. "You see ... I have a daughter, Sunrise Beach. She's a foal who is maybe a year from fillyhood. She is staying with a patron over in Ponyville so she can attend school. It certainly beats moving from town to town with her dam, not getting a steady education or having friends." Martini looked back at Applejack briefly, "she even has a friend who lives on a giant apple farm there."

Martini turned back towards Brazil, but dropped her gaze, shuffling her forehoof. "I ... I don't know who her sire is. I was young, just a little filly ... Young and stupid and partied with ponies much older than I and things ... happened." She didn't want to go into detail. Would he think less of her? Would he lose interest?

Briefly looking back at the orange mare before turning back to Brazil again, feeling a little embarrassed admitting so much in front of of both of him, she felt somehow relieved. Martini laughed a title as she blushed, tossing out a line to see how react, "I guess we are both a couple real catches, aren't we?"

She could really use that candy apple now...

Snails tried to tune out the "adult world" happenings around him.

He was aware this might eventually be a downside of being an awesomely studly stallion as every colt wants to be someday, like Captain Quirt with an alien mare in every port in the weeky Saturday Morning Adventure plays in the park, but he wasnt' quite old enough to feel comfy hearing it.

Suddenly he heard Miz Martini say she was the mother of Sunrise Beach andthe filly had friends that her mother could not give her, being on the move all the time.

The foal looked up at her in awe, not knowing he might be interrupting a romantic moment. "No Way! You are Sunrise's Mom? Thats Awesome! She's th' most athletic unicorn in my class.." Snails suddenly blushed "Um didja want me ta say "Hi" ta her for ya?"

ajbanner.png

Applejack's heart continued to melt as she heard the confession exchange between Martini and Brazil. She saw the honesty and openness they had and it reminded her the times when confessions were made between her and her friend. And with that honesty, Applejack couldn't help but push them a little further to do what she thought would help the ponies become happier.

When they finished their confessions, Applejack decided to butt in just a little. She hinged Brazil and Martini together with her fore-hooves and shoved them closer together as she encouraged. "I think ya'll'd make a great pair of ponies. And I bet your little ones would have fun with it, too!" Applejack landed back onto all of her four hooves and continued to gasp. "In fact, I bet a family with an added parent would be great for the kids!" As she ranted, she leaned close to the ponies as individuals as she made her suggestions. "A friend from a big apple farm, huh? I bet that's mah Apple Bloom! She always enjoys having fun with her friends the same age as her. And I bet it would be even more fun for your youngin' with more little ones, don't ya think, Miss? And you sir, could even have a wedding at Sweet Apple Acres! I'd love to rent out the barn to you."

Applejack group-hugged the ponies together again and reminisced. "Oh... It just like mah family. My great auntie Cranberry met my late uncle Apple Oatmeal while they were single parents, and now they have twenty-seven grandfoals. Don't matter the shape nor size of the ponies, where you came from, or where you grew up. We're all one big happy family."

Well, this had certainly taken more than one turn for the interesting - Martini had almost looked a little baffled at his revelations, before promptly revealing that she herself had been left with a foal of her own, although this one was most certainly younger in age than Paradise had been. It was odd, but in all honest Brazil felt entirely oddly calm about this fact - he knew that from his own experience that it could come to pass that somepony such as himself could come to regret their past actions, realising how they could impact those ponies, like Martini.

She seemed most sincere about her personal story, and once she had finished with what she'd had to say, Brazil stood for a moment in silence, rubbing his muzzle in thought - just as he was about to speak up, the orange pony nearby had spoken up first...pulling them into a hug and blurting out something about weddings and foals of the apple family farm. The earth pony was taken aback for a moment, not really sure how he was meant to react to something quite as forward as that - as much as he might have liked Martini, Brazil didn't exactly think marriage was quite appropriate just yet!

" Well...Uh - I suppose you've given us plenty to, uh, think about! " Brazil says, a little flushed from the immediate thought of everything that had been discussed. " But we're not quite at that point just now, and I think we'd prefer to, uh, take it slowly for the moment...but we do very much appreciate the consideration, Miss Applejack! "

Brazil was certainly feeling more relieved about everything now that certain facts had been laid on the table - if anything, they would probably get a better chance to discuss such things on a more quiet time together...for now, things at least were better revealed between the pair.

And it most definately proved one thing above all else too...neither Brazil or Martini was going to let this fade out quietly into the night!

Edited by Robikku Pegasus

Martini Paradise watched closely for the small clues in Brazil's expression, for any sort of body language that could tell her how he really felt about what she just said. Would he be scared away, like so many of the others? Or was she right in her intuition about this stallion, that he had the maturity, the fairness, the fortitude to look past her checkered past and see what she really had to offer, or better still, even embrace it?

Even though it was only a few seconds, it felt like an eternity before he reacted. Of course just as he was about to say something, their orange earth pony hostess jumped in with her own interpretation of the moment and what kind of relationship the two visitors to her stand had. Martini listened in stunned silence as the strong mare pulled them together, enthusiasing over how wonderful a couple they were. Martini would have been lying to herself if she said she hadn't thought about it a couple times herself, even if the idea was no more than a flight of fancy. She nodded in embarrassed acknowledgment and was about to say something, when the same pony whispered in her ear about a wedding and even her and Brazil having additional foals together…

Martini flushed quite visibly and looked aghast. This suddenly spun out of control in Martini's mind - yet strangely, the idea, even at this stage, already had a deep appeal to her; could she be ... be in love with him? "Well umm ... We haven't really thought that far, I mean, we aren't that deep in a ... Well, actually, Miss, umm ... we aren't actually a couple. I mean, we are together, but not that kind of together ... Uhh, I mean not officially at all." Martini felt quite embarrassed. She hadn't meant to imply they were in a relationship, and she didn't want to push her companion into one, lest she scare him off. She just looked at the orange mare with some embarrassment and shyness and simply whispered just enough for the mare to hear "but ... I hope to".

Quickly looking to perhaps defuse the situation and save Brazil from further embarrassment, she turned back towards the no doubt confused lanky colt who had to witness all of this. "So, you know my daughter?? I'm glad to hear she is doing well in school, and that would be great if you did say hi to her for me!" Martini smiled warmly, still feeling a bit embarrassed. "Are you two friends at the school? I know she really wants to make some!"

Snails suddenly fell back on his rump in surprise as Applejack glomped the couple and started speaking of offering the barn for weddings an lotsa foals.

His head bounced back and forth like watching a tennis match as the adults blushed deeply and tried not to say what they wanted to say just yet, but was sooo obvious to any foal.

Snails thought * so mares kin have as hard a time admitting they love somepony as a stallion can? Wierd, but ah hope to 'member thet someay... *

The mare suddenly turned to him to break the tension of the moment, leaving him speechless for a second.

"Um, y-yeah Miz Paradise. Most've th' class is friends with her. 'cept thet snooty Diamond Tiara an' Silver Spoon and their friends. Oooh! Ah got an Awesome idea! We kin all sign a picture of Sunrise Beach ta send back ta ya! Sweet idea, eh?"

ajbanner.png

AJ had done it again with her energetic enthusiastic attitude. Everything was about family to her. So much so, that she found it quite odd that two ponies who obviously loved each other would delay their feelings for sake of being a little embarrassed. However, she had seen even her close friends act defensively after a powerful suggestion she had made about sticky social situations. So for now, she would let them slow dance with hooves extended for a couple songs more.

Applejack sparked at Snails' idea. "That's a fine idear, Snails! Don't you think so, uh," Applejack had somehow, in all of the conversation thus far, kept from formally introducing herself to the dating game ponies. She hadn't even given them her name. She figured it must have been since she had always known most of the ponies already in Ponyville, when Nightmare Night festivities are being had. "What was your name, miss? And you sir?"

Brazil had been watching the 3 ponies a moment as they discussed Martini's daughter - the smaller and younger Unicorn amongst them piping up with an idea about signing a photo and sending it to her later...he chuckles slightly, simply letting them finish up on that for a moment.

Applejack, the orange pony whom had been bold enough to get both Brazil and Martini thinking on the same page...it had been an odd little event, considering they'd both been somewhat been dancing around the subject for a little while - sure, they both had noticed the tension for a little while between them ever since the incident at the bar, but right now there was no doubt as to how things were progressing.

Still, Brazil wasn't entirely used to the idea - he had always been a pony of the free winds, used to taking things more lightly...and he wasn't afraid to admit to himself that things had worked out so much differently with martini - and now that Paradise had showed up out of the blue the way she had, Brazil now had reason to at least try and work things out, both for his new daughters sake and for the sake of Martini and her own foal.

His moment of thought was interrupted by Applejack, whom had asked his name...heck, had he really not introduced himself yet?

" OH, My name? " the earth pony paused for thought before giving a wide grin.

" The name is Brazil Nut, Adventuring archaeologist of Canterlot...pleasure to meet you, Miss - you seem to be quite the enterprising young pony! "

Brazil offers a small salute to the orange pony, who seemed to be the kind of hardworking and observant young pony that somepony like Brazil could most certainly respect...

Martini Paradise almost started tearing up as she smiled brightly to the young colt. She was very happy that her daughter was making friends so easily; she worried, as mothers do, even though Sunrise’s letter claimed pretty much the same thing. It was the hearing of it from somepony else that put her so much more at ease. His idea of a picture signed by her class touched her heart as well, she so missed Sunrise and it showed on her smiling face. "Oh, that would be so very sweet of you. I am glad she is meeting nice ponies like yourself. You must make your mother proud, being such a sweetheart, umm, Snails?" She was pretty sure that was what the orange mare had called him.

Turning back to the orange mare who aptly stated what Martini only thought about, in regards to her growing feelings, she realized that the mare had a valid point - she'd never said her name. "I'm Martini Paradise, but you can just call me martini if it's easier for you. I'm a bartender - well, at least, when I can find a position, that is ... I don't have a permanent home at all. Gotta go where the jobs are and hope one is open for bartending! I’ll tell you, some jobs one has to take to make bits ... Whooog!"

Pondering for a second, Martini looked a little coyer, "and I don't believe we caught your name, Miss? Or would it be better if I said Mrs, as you certainly seem someone who is all about family!" Martini was genuinely curious and, she admitted, she did want to turn the tables a little - not out of malice at all, just feeling a little playful on this night of festivities.

Snails blushes and grins "Awww geee..." at the praise from the mare, scuffing a forehoof.

"Um yes Miz Paradise, I'm Snails! An I really try hard ta make my mom proud a' me."

He blushed at the memory of a certain incident with an Ursa Minor. He at least hopes to make his mother forget the incident with other things done right...

He suddenly thinks to himself "Oooh the photo idea! That should blow the Ursa incident out of the water for her. Awesome idea Snails! Yay me!"

Snails listened as Martini told Applejack her situation and nodded. "Apple Bloom is one a' Sunrise's friends, Miz AJ."

ajbanner.png

Applejack knocked one of Brazil's front hoof off the ground and began to shake it vigirously. "I knew it! I thought you looked like a Nut family pony! There's lots of you all over equestria. In fact, I think the apple family tree has even shared a few branches with the nuts. It's a pleasure makin' your acquaintence." To Martini's request, Applejack addressed her name, with her marital status implied. "That's Miss Applejack. But you can jus call me Applejack. Mah close friends call me AJ. I'm not a misses jus yet, I'm afraid." Applejack explained with pride, as she was very content with her singleness. "I haven't had the chance to meet the stallion of my dreams yet." Applejack began reminiscing again, and hugged Martini and Brazil together again as her emotion of it was expressed. "Ah hope to though, one day, and we will have several little apple seeds runnin' 'round." Applejack released the ponies from her emotional grasp and sighed. "I envy you two. It's not very often two ponies can find love like that. Ya'll have something special, indeed."

Applejack turned to Martini after Snails had mentioned Apple Bloom being friends with Martini's daughter. "Well would ya listen to that, Martini. Apple Bloom is one of your little one's friends. You know what that means, donchya!?"

• 2 weeks later...

" well, ours was definately a meeting that neither of us had seen coming in a million years, Miss Applejack! " Brazil says, giving his normal coy smile as he gave martini a slight playful nuzzle before looking back at the orange mare with a nod. " I'm sure that you'll find the perfect pony for you eventually...after all, a cute young gal like yourself surely could be quite the catch for any colts, or even Mares, out there. "

Brazil chuckled a little, disregarding any odd looks the other mare might have shot at him from such a statement - instead choosing to give a small stretch as he speaks again. " To be honest, I didn't even think I could ever really get into the whole relationship thing...but Miss Martini seems to have proven to be the mare that changed all that. We've travelled a fair bit together now, and our time has been pretty...well, a lot has happened along the way and I think that's kinda helped keep things in focus! "

The earth pony stops in his tracks and chuckles, using a hoof to rub the back of his head softly as he looks around, giving a small nonchalent shrug as he shakes himself down a little and clears his throat to just try to keep himself from rambling on any further.

" Sorry...I suppose I can get a little carried away. Which, I suppose, is probably a good sign for something like this, heh heh... "

Martini Paradise chuckled at Miss Applejack's answer to that question, and her amazing and embarrassing ability to once again turn the focus right back onto herself and Brazil. "Well Miss ... Applejack ... I have to say, as forward and a go-getter of a pony as you are, I am shocked you haven't found him yet! I am sure whomever he is will be certainly told as much even before he realizes it!" Martini winked; this orange mare didn't seem the type to sit back and wait for anything, but instead actively and aggressively perused whatever goal she may have. "You would make a good mother though! You need to be a little aggressive to keep all those foals in line; I know!" Martini laughed at bit at that last part; she had only one foal and Sunrise Beach was a hooffull all by herself.

Martini blushed at the part about "finding love" and wasn't sure what to say next when applejack mercifully changed the subject to her little sister being Sunrise's friend. "I ... I'm afraid I don't know what that means, Miss Applejack, other than that I'm glad Sunrise met your sister and they are getting along well."

Turning back to the lanky foal for a moment and giving a motherly smile and rubbing the top of his mane, Martini spoke reassuringly, "thank you for letting me know about my daughter. I am sure with real friends like you; she'll have a great time in Ponyville. And thanks again for the picture idea, you are so sweet." Martini thought for a second. "Hey! I know, why don't you have the candy apple I won, for being such a sweetheart!"

Of course, Martini was again caught by surprise by Brazil's answers to Applejack's inquiries. The way he spoke and his affectionate nuzzle as he said it made her really blush, visibly so, right through her pinkish mane. Did he ... Did he just come out and admit he ... he wanted a relationship? That he wants to be *with* me? She was shocked! This is what I wanted, isn't it? Of course it is, you silly filly! Don't let past rejections sully this opportunity now!

"I ... I guess we have been through a lot! And hoooo boy, how we ended up as traveling companions is quite a story in itself. If we ever meet again just as friends, I'll have to tell you that tale, Miss Applejack!" Turning to Brazil and giving him a coy and flirtatious look, made all the more prominent in the saloon girl outfit she wore, she teasingly said, "I guess we have a lot to talk about later, Brazil ... honey ... but I am already sure we want the same thing." She stepped up much closer to him, eye to eye, giving an alluring smile, "I know I do".

Then, in an instant, she turned back around and giggled, "Well, Miss Applejack, I have to thank you for the most enlightening and interesting apple bobbing game I have ever played!"

Snails was thinking out how to organize that picture signing event while the older ponies were taking.

To his wonder, Mr. Brazil and Miss Paradise were looking at each other with a blush and a hint of surprise after being hugged togther by Miz AJ, then again at each other in the way his parents often did.

* Wow, love is soo much more complicated than Captain Quirt makes it out ta be. * he thought.

Suddenly, Martini said he could have the candied apple she won.

Snails bounced on his hooves in excitement "Awesome! Thank ya Miz Pardise! Now ah can give my best bud one too! Snips will be sooo happy! Sweet!"

He stopped a moment in thought "Umm Miz Paradise, Iffn' you are on th' move a lot right now... Could ya send a postcard to the school as well when ya next write Sunrise Beach so we are sure we have a new address for the picture? I really wanna make sure I dont' mess this idea up. Just write ta the Ponyville school in Ponyville, and thats all ya need.

Our mail mare, Miz Derpy will get it there. She allus finds the right address even if she crashes a lot."

ajbanner.png

Applejack replied to Martini's uplifting encouragement and admiration of her character. "Aw, shucks, Martini Paradise. I sure hope so." Martini complimented her character and suggested to her a proud motherhood. But she was confused at Applejack's implications about what it meant for Apple Bloom being friends with her daughter. "Well it means that you're automatically invited to every Apple family reunion from here on out! Which means on top of meetin' some of the best apple-buckin' earth ponies in all of Equestria, you'll be able to have Granny Smith's delicious apple pies!"

After Applejack's heart completely melted after hearing Brazil and Martini's short exchanges, she understood Martini's outro in giving up her candy apple to Snails. Applejack looked around the Fillydelphia fairgrounds, and the crowds had left the event for a regular night's rest. "Back at ya, Martini. It was lots of fun. But, I guess it is time to wrap up this rodeo. I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly. But before I wrap up my fixin's-" Applejack reached behind her display and pulled out a piece of paper. She then walked over to Brazil and stuck it in one of his pockets that were featured on his Capony outfit. "This here's a coupon for a free bushel of any kind of apple we grow on the farm. The next time you come through Ponyville, visit the farm or meet me in the market and we'll fix you right up with some of the best apples you've ever eaten."

Applejack stepped back and smiled at all of the ponies. It was a great night. So great that Applejack had forgotten how itchy her costume made her. She walked over to her setup and began tearing it down. "Hurry up and take these candy apples, Snails. Otherwise, they'll jus go to waste!"

Brazil chuckles to himself a little - tonight had been an interesting exchange of discussion, and himself alongside with Martini had managed to get a little more clarity on where they were headed with their little relationship matters...all with the help of a tenacious Apple-farm pony and her adorably cute sister.

However, now it was all over and done with for the night - it was time to wrap things up and head on back home, a little wiser for the experience.

" Well, Miss Applejack, it's been a pleasure to share time with you and discussing...so much - I don't know what it is, but you seem to be the kind of pony that almost makes it easy to tell the truth around! " Brazil says, straightening up a little as he tries to beat the fuzzy warmth that had crept over him during his moment with Martini.

" It's been a pleasure, and I do hope we run into each other again! "

Admittedly, brazil had wanted to clear the air a little with Martini for a good while - things had been a little complicated for a while, with them both either not directly dealing with the growing affections that had started to blossom, or simply couldn't acknowledge for fear of what it might do to each of them. Thanks to AJ's natural charm, an ability that seemed to simply disarm any desire to hide the truth in her presence, and it had showed quite strongly when both Brazil and Martini had taken a moment to truly establish what one might mean to the other. Of course, they would still need to talk more about what this all would mean, but they would always remember applejack as the pony who allowed such a perfect moment for them to set things straight. Setting a small pile of bits on the side for the Orange pony as a generous tip, Brazil gives a smile, turning to make his exit at last. " It's been one heck of an evening, miss, and I wish you and yours the best...I think tonight has been most revealing! "

The earth pony chuckles a little, giving a small glance over at the Unicorn whom had accompanied him this fine evening.

"...and I think I truly like what we've possibly uncovered together, thanks to you! "

Brazil pats Snails playfully on the head with a hoof as he cantered lazily by - looking forward to just what may lie ahead in the horizons to come.

All because of one small encounter at a bobbing for apples stand - sometimes, he mused to himself, it was funny how life worked out in the end.

Martini Paradise just smiled warmly at little Snails' suggestion, "I can send a postcard to your school to have you all sign, that would be great! I'll let Sunrise know it's coming." Martini thought for a second, "I guess that town's small enough to have only one primary school, still ... what is the name of your teacher, hon? I'll put her name on it too, just to make sure. Oh! If you like, I can tell Sunrise it was your idea and what a charming young fella you are!" Martini winked and smiled. Such a sweet young colt.

Turning back to their matchmaking hostess, Martini blushed slightly, "that is sure nice of you, Miss Applejack, inviting Sunrise and me to your family events. I know how personal those can be." She looked briefly to Brazil before turning back to Applejack, smiling more broadly and blushing some more, "maybe our little family will be a little bigger by the time we get a chance to do that." Martini knew that statement might sound as if she was getting a little ahead of herself, but it wasn't anymore presumptuous or outrageous than anything the orange mare suggested. Considering what Brazil just said, perhaps the idea wasn't all that far-fetched after all. She knew one thing - she wanted to find out.

"Well, we won't take anymore of your time, Miss Applejack, seeing as the festival is closing." With that, Martini gave the orange earth pony a merry hug. "Thank you," she whispered into Applejack's ear. "I hope you find somepony, too." She figured the matchmaker could use the words, even if just for one last turn of the tables.

Martini walked towards the exit, swinging her flanks at Brazil in a saucy manner. No need to hide any flirting anymore, with so much being in the open. Sure, there was still so much more to discuss, so much more to be sure of before she could dive head long into any sort of commitment, but this was a good start. She looked back at the earth stallion with a coy, flirtatious smile, "Coming, hon?"

((Martini exits))