Neon Stargazer (a.k.a. Nighthoof) [Final]

Neoniie

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria (Mane RP)

Name: Neon “Lights” Stargazer (a.k.a. Nighthoof)

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Chocolate brown (#7B3F00)

Coat Color: Subdued yellow (#F0E130)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Electric orange (#E56105) is the colour on both the mane and tail. However, he usually has another bright neon colour put in whenever it strikes his fancy. He wears his mane parted in the front, forming two pieces. It lays low to his head, curling up slightly at the base of his neck. His mane is cut short, but generally hangs loose.

Physique: Skinny, though he excercises regularly so he is strong for his size.

Cutie Mark: Neon has not discovered his cutie mark yet, but his Nighthoof persona has a cutie mark of a superhero mask. (Thanks to Connor Colton for suggesting this!)

Origin/Residence: Fillydelphia/Manehatten

Motivation: To become a great hero throughout all of Equestria

Likes: Helping others, feeling unique and awesome, tales of adventure, having fun with friends

Dislikes: Being looked down upon, failing in his superheroics, those who harm other ponies

Character Summary: Neon always had big dreams as a foal, ones of adventure and daring rescues. During one of his father's firework shows, Neon was told the recently resurfaced tale of the first bearers of the Elements of Harmony - the legend of the Princesses defeat of the evil Discord. Reinforced by tales of Equestria's many heroes - both fictional and non, Neon began to form a plan to follow in their hoofsteps. Donning the moniker Nighthoof, he had decided to dedicate himself to helping those in danger and defending the city from harm.

The only problem is that he sucks at it. He absolutely will not accept such observations, however, and continues on his quest to save Equestria.

Outside of his superheroics, Neon is a happy, social colt who is always willing to lend a helping hoof – a trait shared by Nighthoof. However, he is quite clumsy and not very good at holding intellectual conversation. His personality as Nighthoof is much more the dashing, coordinated hero that Neon always wanted to be, in his eyes at least. A more unbiased observation would say that Nighthoof is merely Neon attempting to seem cool and aloof, with plenty of old stereotypes mixed in.

Neon does not have his cutie mark yet, which at an age so close to stallionhood is quite an embarassing reality for him. So, as his alter-ego Nighthoof, he crafted himself a cutie mark: a mask that was often said to be worn by the Sparrow, one of his favourite heroes as a foal.

maybe his cutie mark could be a superhero mask and cloak?

Possibly, but since he isn't very good at it, I don't think superheroics would really be his true talent. It's quite a difficult situation I've put myself in with Neon, as he is sort of going through teenagerdom and is having an identity crisis of sorts. Perhaps his true talent would be relate to helping those in need, but superhero-ing is probably something he would either have to improve at or abandon as he matures.

Just throwing this out here :)

What about the cutie mark, being a stereotypical super hero mask, like the one Robin wears, but here's the twist, what if it's a fake?

I mean it's like part of his super hero costume at the flank, you did say he was having an identity crisis and that he's young, maybe he doesn't have it yet and has insecurities because of this, thus the fake cutie mark :)

*Please forgive me if that sounds like a very stupid idea :D

Just throwing this out here :)

What about the cutie mark, being a stereotypical super hero mask, like the one Robin wears, but here's the twist, what if it's a fake?

I mean it's like part of his super hero costume at the flank, you did say he was having an identity crisis and that he's young, maybe he doesn't have it yet and has insecurities because of this, thus the fake cutie mark :)

*Please forgive me if that sounds like a very stupid idea :D

Actually, I like that idea. I did think that his superhero persona would definately have a separate cutie mark, but this is much more symbolic. I believe I shall do exactly this. Thanks!

Just a small suggestion for what might be his eventual talent - perhaps his true ability is to help bring the best out of other ponies, or to be something of a motivator to those in need...how he would do this, of course, would mostly be situational for him - depending on how you feel he should attend to a particular situation or scenario in an RP!

Just a small suggestion for what might be his eventual talent - perhaps his true ability is to help bring the best out of other ponies, or to be something of a motivator to those in need...how he would do this, of course, would mostly be situational for him - depending on how you feel he should attend to a particular situation or scenario in an RP!

I agree. While writing this out, I thought "Wow, he sure does like helping ponies," and that led to a half-formed idea for him growing up to be some sort of charity pony of something. But yes, helping those in need is definately going to be his talent when he earns his cutie mark.

Thanks for the input! It's helped me form some more concrete ideas about the more hazy details. :)