Fidget [ Back to Final]

RoyalDice

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Sterling ''Fidget'' LaRouche

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Deep Red

Coat Color: Cream

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Dark Red, mixed with a more pinkish red.

Physique: Healthy, though a little meek.

Cutie Mark: A briefcase with a gavel infront of it.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot, currently Trottingham

Occupation: Greenhorn Lawyer working for Maximillian Rockefilly, however is known for freelance work.

Motivation: To give everypony a fair trail and a way to defend themselves. She offers no charge for her services if the defendant has little to no bits at all. Accompanied with the fact that she really wishes to impress Maximilian, she will always try to win for him and the ponies who need it.

Character Summary & Cutie Mark Story: Born as Sterling LaRouche, she was raised with a silver spoon in her mouth. She lived in Canterlot, in her parents' mansion for most of her foalhood. Her parents were important business ponies, who cared very less about others, especially ponies that had less bits than them. Due to the absence of her parents, she had to find other ponies who she could bond with. She sought comfort with the many servants that lived in the house. She loved how simple they lived, and really wanted to live like that however her parents would not allow her to. After a argument with her parents about one of the maids of their house that was going to get fired because of a silly accident, which according to her was her father's fault, she was sent to a private school somewhere far away from Canterlot. She was enraged about what they did, so she grabbed her stuff, stole her fathers most beloved tie and ''went to the school.'' However, though she did leave home, she got help from her beloved servants at the mansion in her plan to escape her home. She never would go to the school, and they would hide any evidence of that she wasn't at the school, including letters etc. The first couple of weeks she had ran away from home, she had no idea what she was supposed to do. However, after a long while of trotting around downtown Canterlot, she managed to get in touch with one of the servants. The butler had said to her that her parents were planning to sue all of the staff, and that they would be left with nothing.

Shocked and enraged, Sterling decided to use all of her bits to get into law school. She changed her name to Fidget, painted her mane and tail, and made sure that she wouldn't be identified as her former self. Being a complete new pony, she manages to finish her study and join a small law firm. The butler catches notice of this, and gets her as the appointed lawyer for their case. The prosecutor thinks very little of her, her being a greenhorn lawyer and not even having her cutie mark yet, but during the trial find out she is quite brash and gets her point easily across, a trait she treasures dearly. Wearing her lucky tie, her father's, during the entire trial wich results in her only being more stubborn about them being innocent, though it was very though to prove it that. After a long, tiring trial, the jury finally decides that the whole staff of the LaRouche's is innocent. Happy that both her beloved ''family'' has been proven innocent she throws a party at the small lawfirm. At the end of the party, it will have been both for the celebration of her first cleared case, but also for her recieving her cutie mark, the briefcase with a gavel. After the party, Fidget sent her parents a long letter, about her decision to leave the house and that she will not be returning anytime soon.. However, she has atleast came to an agreement to send her parents a letter everyday, to inform them about her health. She was slightly dissapointed that, whenever she would talk about her personal life, it would mostly be ignored by her parents, who mostly just want her to stay okay during her absence.

She worked at the firm for a small amount of time, untill Max caught wind of her. She at first hesitated in becoming the attorney for him and his company. However, after a short talk, she agrees and joins him. She slowly, but easily starts to respect him, looking past his riches and talking to him quite often. As of now, she still loves working for him and tries the best she can to impress him. Usually pictured as brash, stubborn and rebelish, she's kind hearted to alot of ponies who she thinks deserve to be respected, including Max. Though, the respect for Max has mostly turned into quite a crush. If a pony is being rude to Max, her temper tends to get the better of her, even if those ponies are important or famous. She still aspires to becoming Max's personal assistant, but currently remains his lawyer. Though, she continues to try to impress him by trying to dig up certain things other lawyers might not do. Sneaking around and gathering evidence in a ''different'' way is not a problem for her, and will atleast ask her boss for permission to do so.

As Frain said, Each field needs it's own line, like so:

RP Type
Name
Etc. Keeps it nice and clean.

Other points of interest for the application:

1. The name. Fidget is fine as a pony name, but Cassidy LaRouche seems a bit too un-ponified of a name to work.

2. I love the character's story, but I'm just curious if Banhammer gave the Okay to an existing relationship with Rockefilly.

To both Frain and Sturmman, i'm terribly sorry about the lack of linebreaks, i edited it but it appearantly turned out like.. what it turned out like > <.

Heh, i changed it, and i hope it's okay now x3

And, to Sturmman alone, her first name mostly was a terrible idea :P

Cassidy was close to the latin word for lawyer, but i'll just think of something else x3

And, Bann did give his okay, but seemingly has yet to respond to it.

I'm terribly sorry again about the trouble, and i'll edit her name as soon as i got time for it, sorry > <

I'm curious what that argument was about that caused the parents to send Cassidy away? Was this just one argument that did it, or just a big one after a long history of arguments?

Considering that is the big turning point for your OC, you might consider developing that a bit (even if you specifically want it to be vague).

I'm curious what that argument was about that caused the parents to send Cassidy away? Was this just one argument that did it, or just a big one after a long history of arguments?

Considering that is the big turning point for your OC, you might consider developing that a bit (even if you specifically want it to be vague).

Added it, though it not being a very big thing. Sorry ^^

Also, i've changed her name.. it's a synonym for silver, i think..

Looks good thus far although I am curious what motivates her now outside of her loyalty to her current boss? She appears from her back story to be all about defending those in court who otherwise would have difficulty acquiring competent legal council. Is she motivated by a general sense of justice, a sense of fair representation for the poor in court? As it was such a case that lead to her cutie mar (indicating a "true calling"). It would appear that she does, which may also encourage her to do Pro bono work on behalf of the poor and/or advocate for better laws so poorer ponies may be better represented, in otherwords, a legal activist for social justice in the court system. If this is true, doe it cause any friction with her current boss or ethical concerns as she attempts to rise up in the company and be closer to him?

What about her relationship with her family. Did they ever discover she argued for the defendants in the suit her parents brought forth? If they knew it would adversely affect their relationship. In either case it would be good to hear what kind if any relationship she has with the family. If it is strained or nonexistent, what emotional impact it has on her (it could explain why she wants to be so personally close to her boss, as she doesn't have anyone else).

Other than that, I would just say to make sure Max's player is fine with this closeness to his character.

Looks good thus far although I am curious what motivates her now outside of her loyalty to her current boss? She appears from her back story to be all about defending those in court who otherwise would have difficulty acquiring competent legal council. Is she motivated by a general sense of justice, a sense of fair representation for the poor in court? As it was such a case that lead to her cutie mar (indicating a "true calling"). It would appear that she does, which may also encourage her to do Pro bono work on behalf of the poor and/or advocate for better laws so poorer ponies may be better represented, in otherwords, a legal activist for social justice in the court system. If this is true, doe it cause any friction with her current boss or ethical concerns as she attempts to rise up in the company and be closer to him?

What about her relationship with her family. Did they ever discover she argued for the defendants in the suit her parents brought forth? If they knew it would adversely affect their relationship. In either case it would be good to hear what kind if any relationship she has with the family. If it is strained or nonexistent, what emotional impact it has on her (it could explain why she wants to be so personally close to her boss, as she doesn't have anyone else).

Other than that, I would just say to make sure Max's player is fine with this closeness to his character.

Ah, well.. i've added a little more, but i'm still a bit unsure about most of the app now.. i'll change it back to WIP..

I am Maximilian, and I approve this message. RoyalDice had been keeping me up to date with this app, unfortunately I waited until now to post here! XD

I am totally ok with this

AAaaand thank you, Herr Bann x3