Mirage [Final]

Neoniie

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Mirage

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Soft amber (#FFBF00); she occasionally wears aviation-style googles when dealing with particularly harsh desert weather.

Coat Color: Sand yellow (#E1A95F)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Both her mane and tail are a subdued silver colour (#C1CDCD). Her mane is naturally styled in a windswept manner from her flying. Her tail is medium length and left in a natural state.

Physique: Fit and athletic

Cutie Mark: Three red arrows rising from a patch of sand

Origin/Residence: Cloudsdale/Appleloosa

Motivation: Mirage wants to become as strong a flier and weatherpony as she can.

Dislikes: Harsh environments, uninteresting activities, being earthbound

Character Summary: Mirage was born in Cloudsdale to Thuderclap and Diamond Dust. Named for her ability to leave behind a static afterimage when flying at her top speeds, Mirage was an average flier as a foal, not as strong as many who dreamed of Wonderbolt candidacy, but athletic enough to be competent. Just after graudating flight school, Mirage was taken to a Wonderbolts show by her parents.

Like many pegasi her age, Mirage was awed and inspired by the athletics team, but not in the same way as those others. Rather than training to be a Wonderbolt, Mirage decided that she wanted to become as strong and graceful as the aerial team had been.

Mirage also earned her cutie mark around this time. During one of the mock weather exercises, the flying instructor had decided to have a surprise examination. he said that it would test their ability to adapt to new situations and 'think outside the stable'. He flew them out to the edges of pony territory, by the border of what would become Appleloosa and the Badlands. He wanted the class to whip up some extreme desert conditions with only their surroundings. Everypony sat in silence, puzzling out exactly how they would create desert conditions, having never been in a desert before. But Mirage had an idea. She remembered what she had heard in one of the weather books her parents had provided her with.

She took to the air, doing several laps in the sky to build up her momentum. With the wind howling by her ears, Mirage plumetted down toward the sand below. Pulling up with all her might just above the ground, Mirage managed to level herself with the sand dunes, picking up a fine stream of sand behind her. repeating the process until she had a thick gathering of sand, Mirage twirled them around in a whirlwind. The surrounding sand was whiped into the cyclone and both her peers and instructor looked on, impressed. Her talent for desert weather was clear; her cutie mark appearing as she completed the exercise.

She practised throughout her years of fillyhood, learning the ins and outs of flying from a private flight instructor hired by her parents. Near the end of this time, she also attended Cloudsdale College. She learned much about the science of weather-making, from the environmental conditions to the technicalities of the process. Mirage found herself captivated by the workings of weather, but she was not an academic pony at heart. Who wanted to sit all day and learn when there was flying to be done?

So, rather than becoming a weather researcher, Mirage became a weatherpony. She dedicates herself strongly to her daily weather endeavours and still tries to improve her flight as well. Recently, she was assigned to the Appleloosa Weather Team, forcing her to move from her beloved home in Cloudsdale to the harsher, alomst desert-like Appleloosa.

Despite her proficiency with desert weather, Mirage has no love for the wild west town and makes it quite clear in her general attitude toward the place. However, she still works diligently to regulate and schedule the weather.

Personality-wise, Mirage is very much a free spirit. She is quite impulsive and does things on a whim often. She doesn't at all believe in second guessing oneself and carries her motto of 'Go with your gut' proudly. However, this impulsive attitude can get her into trouble occasionally and she tends to say things without thinking them through first.

Mirage is a loyal friend who will always try to get to the root of a problem that troubles her friends. She acts very much as a morale support for anypony whom she meets. Her 'get to the bottom of things' approach can sometimes lead to problems or misunderstandings, but more often than not, good things come of it. Mirage values friendship and family above all else and will fight for those things fiercely.

Hi there - I just figured I'd ask if there was anything you wanted to add to the cutie mark story...what you have there is a fairly minimal amount, and I feel that perhaps there's a little room for expansion there. It doesn't really need to be a huge tale, but I feel that perhaps giving it a paragraph of it's own will help expand upon what's there, and give others an idea as to how she achieved/earnt her place in life.

Just my two cents on it, though - I don't think it's a HUGE problem, but it might help give a little added detail for others to consider! :smirk:

Hi there - I just figured I'd ask if there was anything you wanted to add to the cutie mark story...what you have there is a fairly minimal amount, and I feel that perhaps there's a little room for expansion there. It doesn't really need to be a huge tale, but I feel that perhaps giving it a paragraph of it's own will help expand upon what's there, and give others an idea as to how she achieved/earnt her place in life.

Just my two cents on it, though - I don't think it's a HUGE problem, but it might help give a little added detail for others to consider! :smirk:

I actually put in that little sentance when I realized I had left out her cutie mark story all together. :-|

I've expanded on it now, making her talent a bit clearer in the process. Thanks for the input! ;-)

That looks a lot better - very nice little story you've conjured in such a small time! ;-)

Don't worry if it isn't assessed right now - we usually deal with the older applications onward, so it can take a little bit before approval kicks in.

{ However, I feel that there shouldn't be anything keeping this app from making the grade when it's turn comes around! :D }