[Canterlot] Zebra in the Big City (PM for invite)

Loopy Legend

Zecora was so happy, and really ready for what was to come today. As Zecora could see Canterlot in the distance, today was going to prove interesting indeed. Zecora was not 100% sure on this point, but it could be the first time any zebra had been in Canterlot. But for Zecora the chance to see how things in Canterlot worked was a golden opportunity.

Heads turned, ponies gazed and a few ponies dropped what was in their mouths, as all were stunned to see what was coming down the street. Zecora walked into Canterlot with a little bit of doubt, Zecora knew that she would turn a few heads, but not all of them. “What is this I see, every single pony is looking at me, seems I can’t go about my shopping in peace”.

Zecora was in town to do some shopping for ingredients she needed, most of which were rare herbs and plants she could not acquire in the Ever Free Forest. So Zecora was going to spend a day or two in Canterlot, she also wanted to see the capital of the ponies, as this could prove to be a valuable cultural exchange. But with every pony starring at her like this, could she do anything normal in Canterlot. Well Zecora is about to find out as she starts heading for the shops, to start gathering all the items on her list.

Ollie McTwist was alone for today, his two friends off doing their own things. Still, he was going to practice his boarding, he always did. He didn't want to get out of practice, after all. Today he was spending the day in Canterlot, and would spend the night at his friend's house so he could get the most out of a few days of boarding around. The red coated colt sped through down, holding expert balance on his skateboard. The rattle of the wheels occasionally were punctuated by a clop from his foot coming down to give him a push.

Ollie came up in a jump, kickflipping over a low fence-like barrier from the sidewalk to the main road where a few rickshaw-style taxis ran past. He got up behind one and caught hold of the bumper, keeping out of sight of the couple inside and the driver who trotted along the road. After gaining momentum he let go of the carriage and veered down a street, one of the bigger shopping streets in Canterlot. He rolled down the hill for a while, enjoying the breeze that whipped through his bright mane.

After a few moments of skateboarding, something caught Ollie's attention...usually all eyes were on him, some of the looks awed at his tricks, others disproving of him disrupting the peace. He didn't care...he loved skateboarding, and they could deal with it. He never hurt anyone, or caused too much mayhem after all. No, today all eyes were on something else...ponies were whispering, staring, moving out of the way. He quickly turned his skateboard sideways to stop, seeing a zebra walking down the street. That was incredible for Ollie...he'd never seen a real Zebra before! He smiled and wondered if he should go talk to her...he was curious after all, being as young as he was, especially about things he didn't know.

Zecora walked into a flower shop, hoping to find some of the items on her list she needed. “Good morning and welcome to Sunflowers, home of the best flowers in Canterlot”, the store owner said, as she was behind the counter watering some flowers.

“Good morning miss I hope today you can help me as I’m in a bit of a twist, I need to procure all the items on my list”, Zecora said showing the list to the pony behind the counter.

The pony behind the counter took the list and had a look at it for a moment, “I’m sorry err” the flower merchant looked puzzled for a second.

Zecora noticed the look on her face, and was none to happy that she couldn’t tell she was a zebra. The sweat was pouring the face of the flower merchant, “Listen I’m sorry I don’t got any of the flowers on your list, most of these I have not even seen or are extremely rare”, she said handing back the list to Zecora.

“I see so nothing unique I can get from this Boutique, well I will be on my way then”, Zecora said walking out of the store a little disappointed.

Zecora walked out of the shop and again into a big starring crowd of ponies, who could not help but look at her with fear or curiosity. Zecora trotted off with her empty bags and went around the corner, in search of more shops.

Comet blasted across the sky, dodging clouds and leaving behind a trail of fire. She arched over the whole of Cloudsdale, then came shooting down to the ground, before swooping back up, all the ponies of Ponyville gazing up at her in awe. She grinned, flying toward the city of Canterlot. As quick as light, she came to the streets, and skidded across, frightening bystanders a little. Sparks flicked from beneath her hooves as she stopped.

"And that, my fans, is how to be an awesome flyer." she said, trotting off to the shops.

She watched customers trot in and out happily from the flower store, pawing at the ground impatiently, bored, waiting for something interesting to occur. Comet saw a mysterious pony leaving the boutique, with a disappointed expression. Ever shy, Comet bounded up to her, interested. "Hey, haven't much seen ya round these parts! My name's Comet. What's yours?"

Curious as ever, Ollie McTwist decided to follow. Who knew what the Zebra was up to? He didn't mean it in a mean sense, though...he had just never seen a zebra and was curious as to what one would be doing up here in Canterlot. He set his skateboard back down and kicked off, rolling along the sidewalk at a leisurely pace. He saw the Zebra go into a flower shop, and he sighed. Well, that was boring. What could anyone want with flowers? Maybe it was for their husband...or wife. He couldn't quite tell at a distance what gender the zebra was. He skated over to a nearby cafe and sat down with his board to relax for a bit. He'd just got his drink, some water, when there was another interested gaze from the crowd, this time straight up. Ollie looked up and his eyes widened in amazement as a light blue pegasus streaked toward the ground with a fiery trail and sparks.

Ollie didn't even notice the zebra come out nor the filly talk to it. He was interested as to how a pegasus could even do that...he'd seen pegasi fly before, but never trailing fire! He quickly put a few bits for his water, downed it, and got on his skateboard, rolling over to the zebra and the filly. "That was awesome! How'd you do those spark things?" he asked excitedly, a wide smile on his face. "I wish I could have a trail of fire like that, it was rad!" he said. Shortly after he realized there was a figure next to him, the zebra. He looked up and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, hey. Sorry for interrupting." he apologized.

[Edit: Sorry, I didn't see a PM for invite thing when I first made my post. Should I delete and back out?]

(Your fine I changed it to PM first once got a few players)

"Well well well what do we have here standing in front of me, why it is two very young and full of energy ponies", Zecora said as meeting a few ponies who actually talked to her put a smile on her face.

Zecora looked over both colts with pure delight as she finally got to chat with a few ponies, ever excited that she might now be able to ask for some help. By where were her manners, Zecora thought as she was yet to introduce herself to the two young colts. "O and silly me for today, I didn't even say howdy", Zecora stated with a smile on her face.

"My tribal name is indeed Zecora, it rivals my stylish main in which it stands for. I am indeed a not a pony as you can plainly see, from where I come from we mainly have zebras", Zecora said holding her head up proudly.

"Now I wish to ask a favor of you both, seems my task in this city it to great, maybe with some guidance from you I can finally follow through with my plans to complete my list", Zecora said showing the colts a list of rare herbal plants and flowers she needed to collect.

[Ah, alright.]

Ollie still felt a little bad for ignoring the zebra there. He looked her over, for he now knew, from her voice, that it was a her. He smiled a little as she spoke, her words seeming to rhyme at times, or at least flow like a song. It was interesting, the way she spoke. Like some high class chump from the fancy areas of Canterlot, Ollie mused. Except she clearly wasn't from around here.

"Nice to meet you, Zecora. I'm Ollie McTwist." he introduced himself as. "Best skater in Canterlot, hooves down." he added, not very modestly. While it was likely true, he could still learn a lesson in modesty every now and again. He smiled. "I don't think I've ever seen a real Zebra before. Do all Zebras talk like you? All fancy and kinda rhyme-y?" he asked, not trying to be rude, just intensely curious.

At being shown the list, he looked it over and shook his head. "Never heard of any of it." Ollie said, shrugging. "Sorry, Zecora."

• 2 weeks later...

(( Sorry been so long but holidays plus some work kept me busy, but back to normal now))

Zecora smiled at Ollie as she came up with an idea, "Tell you what my little colt, why don't you and I bolt off. With two of us looking for a shop, we should be able to come out on top".

Zecora motioned for Ollie to join her, as she wanted some company in this big city of Canterlot. "Since you would know this city better then me, reckon you could show me. Maybe we could start at the markets, I must fill these baskets", Zecora said again smiling at Ollie.

[sorry school has been crazy. I'll post, and then let Sky catch up after.]

Ollie smiled as the zebra proposed that he helped out. He did know the town, but he didn't know how easily he would be able to help her find what it was she was looking for her. He wasn't into flowers and all that after all.

"Sure! The market's just up the way. It's not that far. Come on, I'll show you! And you can come with us too, if you want." he added, looking at the filly that had been talking to Zecora earlier. He smiled.

"Come on! It'll be fun."

"Sure!" Comet replied. "I know this place like the back of my hoof!"

She flew straight into the sky vertically, back flipped very high above the ground, and dived back to earth leaving a shower of sparks and flames. She landed infront of the zebra and the pony who'd come over.

A few ponies Ahh-ed in the crowds at the sight of her.

"That's how it's done." she grinned, flicking her indigo mane.

(Sigh, Comet, you're such a show off.)

"O my I really must say, you really know how to steal the day", Zecora said to the show pony landing in front of her.

"Now if you can kindly show me the way, to how I can pick up my good I need".

Zecora looked on with excitement at the show pony, hoping to be lead to somewhere to grab all the things on her list.

Comet took the list from the zebra, and scanned through it.

"Eeeomiiaaa...?" she read.

"What the hay is that supposed to mean? Some kinda other wordly herb or sumthin'?" she said, handing the list back to Zecora.

"Well, I for one know somepony who can help ya... her shop's just down the corner, but nopony hardly ever goes in there."

Ollie watched again with interest, and a bit of jealousy, at Comet's ability. He did things that were just as cool, but ponies thought him to be a nuisance, not a sight. He looked over Comet's shoulder as she read the list. "Oh, wait, hey, I do recognize that one there at the bottom, too. My Mom uses that herb for medicine. There's a shop in town that sells it, we can get after the first one 'cause it's kinda far away." he said. He stepped back and stood on his skateboard, waiting for the little group to start going.

"Hey, Miss Zecora, what are you doing with all this stuff anyways? he asked. It seemed like a strange list of stuff for her to be looking for, unless she had a specific goal in mind for all of this stuff.