The Dates have been doubled! [Canterlot] [Conor Colton, CrossStitch, Neoniie, Knight]

Conor Colton

(OOC: The posting order is Me, CrossStitch, Neoniie, Knight, everyone okay with that?)

It was a beautiful snowy day in the bright, vibrant city of Canterlot. All throughout the city was the festive spirit of the holidays, young foals and fillies playing in the snow, stallions and mares rushing to get things ready for the upcoming celebrations and snow glistening on every surface.

In the middle of all this, buried in the snow was the tower that was the residence of Quantum Flux, her mentor Torvus and there guests, the white coated, blue maned pegasus Colton Cloudkicker and of course his faithful companion and pet Sparks the sparrow. The pegasus was standing infront of a mirror arranging his attire for a nice afternoon trip through the festive streets with Flux. Sparks helped Colton with his white and blue scarf as the pegasus out on a dark blue coat. The pegasus turned and spoke to the bird for confirmation on his wardrobe, "Well, be honest, how do I look." Colton asked as the bird gave what could only be described a 'wings up', "Well good, thanks buddy." Colton said as he rubbed the bird on it's little head.

"Now listen, I know you and Flux haven't know each other that long." Colton stated as he thought, Well neither have I, "But just try and be nice alright? This is a big day okay buddy?" Colton said as he got a reluctant nod from Sparks, "Good boy, now....." Colton said as he went to the bottom of the stairs and called up to Flux, "Hey Flux, You nearly ready?" The pegasus asked as he pondered what surprises the day might bring.

Gladwin walked along the icy and snow covered streets of Canterlot. He was almost oblivious to the hustle and bustle around him though, as he continued to look up and around at all the buildings covered in a blanket of white glistening snow. "It almost hurts my eyes when I stare at it too long." Gladwin said through squinted eyes, "But it's just so amazing!" He said with a smile.

Of course he wasn't talking to himself. The sound of wooden wheels on the street could be heard as Holly joined Gladwin on his stroll, "I definitely should have visited Canterlot sooner." Gladwin was still in awe over the amazing city. In his opinion, Canterlot was leaps and bounds more amazing then Talonpolis.

"Well, actually, I don't. If I would have come here sooner, I may have missed my chance to meet you!" He said as he flashed a warm and energetic smile to Holly. "And all of the other wonderful friends I've made." He said as he returned his vision forwards to see where he was going. Memories of Flux, Colton, and Sketch came to his mind, reminding him of how much fun he has had in his short amount of time in Canterlot. "And I also get to be here for Hearth's Warming Eve. And I get to spend it with you!" Again, he gave Holly an energetic smile. "Ah, sorry. I'm probably getting too excited." He laughed nervously after realizing just how fast, and how much, he had been talking.

Flux nearly cantered through the basement room of the tower, using her magic to turn the place upside down in every way except the literal one. The unicorn had somehow managed to transform the workspace/bedroom into an even messier state. "Where in Equestria did it go?" She flung aside another pair of galoshes and a spring hat. Several pieces of fabric had draped themselves across the sleeping form of Tesla. With an annoyed hiss, the ferret reluctantly gained a standing position and pulled a light blue scarf from the back of Flux's closet.

The unicorn turned at the sound of Tesla, seeing his rather annoyed expression and the scarf between his teeth. With an embarassed look from the pile of seasonal clothes behind her, Flux levitated the scarf from Tesla's jaw and wrapped it around her neck. "Thank you Tesla," she said, replacing the clothing in the closet with an uncerimonious dumping sound. "I will certainly have to rearrange that upon our return." Tesla rolled his eyes, curling up into a sleeping position once more. Flux also placed a matching winter hat atop her head; the headgear was adorned with white snowflakes. "I am aware that this seems rather strange for me, but this is an exteremely important event. Extremely important events require special observation of certain social customs," Flux explained, reposition the hat. Tesla only sighed, trying to regain his peaceful sleep.

On hearing Colton calling, Flux trotted up the stairs quickly. "I am indeed prepared. I apologize for the wait, there was an...inconvenience. Is there a set plan for our destination?"

[[A note to Flux, I am just going to go ahead and assume that Quantum and Holly know each other as of the fire in the Garden.]]

Holly trotted cheerfully after Gladwin, her cart had been emptied by a grocer who wanted to sell her fruit in his grocery store. There was now a jingle to the cart, and a few bells could be seen on it. She had bought them, along with a few beams of lumber which rested in the cart, last night when they had parted ways.

Her mane and tail were braided nicely, and on her feet were a pair of fuzzy red, white and green leg warmers , and of course her red Santa Hooves hat.

She giggled at the hyper griffon, returning his excited smile, "Ah'm excited to, ya know. But no need to go overboard!" She said this, but at the same time, she couldn't help bouncing in place a little, "MMMMRRAHHH!! Ah'm so EXCITED!! Ah've never been to a real Hearth's Warmin' Eve pageant or celebration or or....! Never ever!"

As though it were just so she could bounce around, the cart magicked off her harness and she hopped up an down in a circle around the griffon, "There'll be trees, and candy, and ornaments, and songs, and EEEE!!!"

"ROWF! ROWF!" She turned and looked as the dark brown dog that was bigger than she was bounced up to her, his claws clicking on the pavement and the holiday collar that matched Holly's leg warmers jingling around his neck. He looked spick and span, like a whole new dog, after getting a bath.

Holly smiled affectionately at her new pet and bent down her front legs, crouching as dogs do when they play and cooed, "Who's a good boy?"

He mirrored her position and barked, his bushy tail swished from side to side.

"Yes, you! You're a good boy!" She bounced around with the dog playfully, and he nearly fell over in his excitment. After settling the dog down, she turned and looked up at Gladwin, "Ah feel bad leavin' him out when we all go to the...um...where are we goin' again?"

Colton watched Flux as she came up the stairs, almost dazzled by how good she looked in her winter get-up. Even Sparks floated with an open jaw but Colton quickly knocked him on the chin so he'd return to normal, Colton admired Flux one more time before he spoke, "No problem Flux, I just got ready anyway." Colton said as he gave Flux a peck on the cheek, "Looking very nice by the way."The pegasus politely strolled up to the front door and began to open it, "Well I'm excited, how about yo-" Colton was cut off by gust of wind as he opened the door covering the pegasus' face in snow the strange thing was that the weather wasn't even that bad, "Figures huh, I try and be romantic and I get freak snow gust to the face." Colton stated as he chuckled and wiped his face clean.

He blushed slightly before holding the door open once again, he had realised he had yet to respond to Flux's previous question so he quickly rectified that, "Well I told Gladwin and Holly to meet us in the town square so we should probably head there, as for our destination afterwards I figured we could enjoy the sights, maybe catch a show or too, you know just...enjoy the day I guess." The pegasus said with a smile. As he did however Sparks spotted something rather odd, on an old snow covered tree there was a nest. And in said nest was, strangely enough, a female robin. Sparks and the mystery bird stared at each other for a few second before Sparks almost leaped of of Colton head to go see this odd bird, "Sparks? Where you going?" Colton asked as he hadn't the foggiest idea what Sparks was up to, Oh well.... He thought, I'm sure he'll catch up with us...eventually. Colton thought as he continued to hold the door open for Flux.

"Well, ladies...and apparently birds, first I guess." Colton stated as he laughed lightly. Colton looked back into the tower to tell Torvus about their departure, "Bye Torvus...we're going out! Don't have the tower 'too destroyed' when we get back." The pegasus stated sarcastically as he once again pondered how this day would pan out.

Gladwin looked up in a confused manner, "I'm not really sure, actually?" Gladwin said as he looked back to Holly. "I got a letter from Colton. It said we should all four spend the day together, You, Me, Colton, and Flux.I figured since it's Hearth's Warming Eve, that wouldn't be such a bad idea." Gladwin shrugged.

Gladwin stood a bit taller then their new friend, but then again he stood taller then most ponies since he was a griffin. He raised one of his talons and began to easily scratch behind one of the dogs ears, causing him to go into a fit of joy. This was the same dog that saved him and Holly, so he couldn't help but love the cute fella. He eventually stopped and turned back to Holly, "Well, if you're ready, Colton was wanting to meet us in the center of town," Gladwin walked beside Holly and leaned on her slightly, "Shall we, mah dear?" He said mimicking the accent of the ponies who lived in Canterlot. He couldn't help but let a few giggles escape.

Flux felt only a light gust of wind of Colton opened the door, a much less potent version of the snowy force that had pounced upon the unsuspecting pegasus. Flux stifled her laugh in her newly rediscovered scarf, trying to contain the bubbles of amusement. Colton wiped this glistening snow from his face and gave a faint outline of the day's activities. Wait one moment, she thought, did Colton say 'Holly'? That's odd, I wonder if this pony has any relation to Holly Dash.

Sparks preceeded the unicorn in their exit from the tower, twittering off with a robin who habitually made her nest in the trees of the surrounding area. With an easygoing amusement in her voice, Flux noted the interesting parallels. "It seems that Sparks is quite the ladiesman. I do hope he isn't picking up any habits from you."

Flux stepped through the re-opened door, breathing in the crisp morning air. Flux was more of a night owl, but she loved the feel of a wintery morning. I may even make on exception for my hatred of early mornings for days such as these. Taking in the snow-covered sights of the tower, Flux heard Torvus call down to the two ponies. "I'll try, but no guarantees!" The old earth pony had a clear joking tone in his words, enjoying the absence of stiff Canterlotian tendancies in Colton.

Flux wrapped the scarf around herself with one more loop, preventing the approaching chill from bothering the white mare much. She took a quick look back towards the tower and the pegasus pony who still stood in the doorway. "Shall we be off, then?"

Holly cantered along with Gladwin, her cart rolling along behind her as she listened to what he said, "So...is this sort of like...a....double date...thing?"

She paused as the griffon extended his hand and spoke in a fancy accent. Just as she was about to put her hoof in his hand, she gasped, "Wait...is Colton bringing a mare? Ah'd hate for him to feel like a third wheel or somethin..."

She bit her lip worriedly, and out of the corner of her eye she suddenly saw a glance of a white mare with a reddish brown mane and tail, "Quantum...?" She peered at the mare in the distance, and suddenly got a glimpse of her odd cutie mark, "Oh! Ah know that mare! That's the town square thar, anyways, Ah'm gonna go say hi!"

She sped up her trot to a run, and sped off to greet the white mare. She slowed down though, as she suddenly saw another familiar face with her, "Colton?!" She yelled out as she approached the two of them, they were talking to each other, "AND Quantum! Whatta co-ink-ee-dink!"

Colton walked out the door with Flux whilst cracking a smile at Flux's remark, "Me, a ladies man? Nah...I'm a one mare type of guy...but Sparks?....I can't speak for him all the time." Colton said as he shut the door behind him, "I guess we shall be off then." Colton stated with an eager smile, anticipating the rest of the day and what would occur.

Colton and Flux walked through the snow filled streets of Canterlot, admiring everything as they went and occasionally Colton admired Flux....but only she wasn't looking less he blushed and looked like an idiot. Colton had a brief thought in his mind though, I wonder what Sparks is doing? Probably off with his new bird. He thought as the two approached the town square.

Colton took a look around to see if he could spot the unicorn and griffin they were waiting for, he searched and searched but didn't see any sign of them, "Well Flux...I can't se-" Colton was interrupted by a rather familiar unicorn voice, he shook his head and saw Holly standing in front of the two of them. Colton smiled during her first comment and rubbed his head bashfully, "Yeah well, I guess that's what you could call it, I didn't know you guys knew each other." Colton said as he pecked Flux on the cheek again as he saw Gladwin and remembered some pressing business.

"Well anyway, you ladies obviously have a lot to catch up on, I'll just go and talk to Gladwin about.....stuff." He said as he carefully but quickly slipped away from the conversation to talk with Gladwin, "Hey man, listen uh..." Colton said as he gestured for Gladwin to lower his head so he could whisper, "Did you remember the presents?" Colton asked as he refereed to Gladwin and his 'secret-shopping' they had done earlier for Holly and Flux, "Please tell me you remembered."

Gladwin approached Colton and Flux with the same warm smile he always wore, "Hey guys!" He called to the both of them. He was a little surprised actually. He had no idea that Holly knew Flux. It was as if they four of them were connected before they even knew it. Gladwin couldn't help but laugh at the thought.

Suddenly he was yanked aside, going somewhere. They stopped and Gladwin finally realized he was pulled aside by Colton, and he was whispering. Gladwin lowered his head to hear better, only to catch the part about presents. He raised his head back up, "Pfft, as if I'd forget!" He said with a triumphant posture. He wiggled his flank slightly which caused the bags on his side to rustle.

He looked over his shoulder back to the mares, "You know, it's odd that they know each other," He turned back to Colton, "Kind of like we were all meant to be friends from the get-go or something." He said with a shrug.

Flux responded automatically at the sound of her name. An ear twitched toward the direction of the voice and she turned away from her conversation with Colton. To her surprise, Holly Dash was the one calling out to her. Holly Dash is the pony who Colton meant by 'Holly'? Flux was quite surprised, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise. "Holly, fancy seeing you here. I wasn't aware that you had met Gladwin previously. That is quite a coincidence. I suppose we can skip the introductions, then." The white unicorn couldn't help but smile as she finished her statement.

Recalling the events that occured at Holly's Whitetail Wood garden, she continued on that line of thought. "How has your garden been doing? I assume the woods have started to recover." From the corner of her eye, the unicorn could see the pegasus and griffin conversing in hushed tones. She couldn't guess what they were talking about, but their distance from the two mares made their secrecy clear.

Holly watched the two males trot away, a suspicious look on her face, before looking back to Flux as she spoke.

"How has your garden been doing? I assume the woods have started to recover."

Holly smiled at the thought, "Oh, it's uh...it's alright..." In truth, her garden had sustained a good amount of damage from the fire, and there were quite a few sections that would need to be completely replanted in the spring, "The forest isn't doin' so good though. What with winter here, the trees ain't hardly growin' at all. I think a lot of 'em might not grow back at all. Ah think they might be dead....which ain't so bad though, Ah think if they are, next spring Ah'll pull 'em an put in some oranges."

Colton breathed a sigh of relief as Gladwin confirmed that he did indeed have the presents with him, "Right...never should have doubted ya buddy." Colton said as he patted Gladwin on the side as he went to open the griffin's bags. The pegasus took out the custom necklace he had got Flux when Colton and Gladwin did some 'secret shopping' for the mares.

Colton sighed with happiness as he put the necklace into it's case and slid it carefully into his coat pocket. He looked back up at the griffin and declare he got what he came for, "Okay I got, now let's get back, they're probably getting suspicious." Colton said as he casually walked back to the mares with Gladwin, making light conversation as a guise, "So Gladwin, what's going on between you and Holly? Anything new?" Colton said as the two approached the mares.

Colton waited to see if anyone had anything else to say and when he didn't he rubbed his hooves together both to keep warm and to express his excitement, "So girls, where you think we should go first?" Colton asked both unicorns.

Gladwin looked to Holly, and a deep red hit his face. Anything new. He then shook his head out of it and laughed nervously, "Ah, you know me! Same old griffin, nothing's ever new with me!" He said and let out another laugh. "Me and Holly did have an...," He looked to Holly, looking for the right words, "'Incident,' with some thin ice though. Luckily this feller here saved us!" He said, pointing to Buck, Holly's new pet dog. "Oh, and you have GOT to try the hot springs at this one hotel!" He said, excited. Again the deep red as he remembered it, "It's a great spot for couples." He said, laughing again.

"Anyways, Hearth's Warming Eve happens once a year! Let's not waste it!" He said with a wink, excited to get today's events underway. He began trotting off, not sure where he was going, but was too excited to be standing still. "Where are we goin' first?"

Flux listened quietly to Holly, glad to hear that the damage done hadn't been too devastating. "I'd certainly be ecstatic if some oranges did end up growing in the Wood. It's difficult to find good orange sellers in Canterlot." Flux had an odd taste for most citrus, enjoying such fruits much more than their less acidic brethren.

Before she could continue, Colton and Gladwin returned, bringing a light conversation with them. Flux knew that such casual discussion could not have been their original topic, but decided to allow the subject to go unanswered for the moment. Both the pegasus and the griffin seemed to be anxious to begin their day, nearly bouncing with excitement. Even the slightly more stoic Flux couldn't help feeling excited about the day ahead. Upon Colton's question of a destination, she paused. "We could visit the Canterlot Central Park, or perhaps we could window-shop?" In truth, the unicorn did not know what to suggest. Her Hearth's Warming Eves were usually spent indoors, with the exception of the pageant at the Royal Castle.

Holly turned as the two males approached, eyeing Gladwin with a welcoming, loving look. She placed a kiss on his cheek. Not for any real reason, of course, but just because...well, she could. And she really loved the big fella.

"Ah'm good with goin' anywhere 'long as Ah'm with you," She said. Being from a simple place like Beakbreak, where relationships were...not really a thing that occurred, she was completely oblivious to her line coming across as 'cheesy' as she had merely said it straight from her heart, "But...Ah do like hot cocoa...maybe we could start at a cafe or somethin' and go from thar?"

Okay...they have no idea.....Okay they probably figured it out, but I shouldn't let on, Colton thought as he tried to look as inconspicuous as possible. When Holly went over and kissed Gladwin on the cheek he couldn't help but chuckle slightly, he had always found Holly and Gladwin's relationship to extremely cute to say the least.

Colton returned to Flux's side once again and listened to both the mares proposals, he pondered over each and thought what would be the best solution. The pegasus opted to go with a solution that would please everyone, or so he hoped anyway. He turned to everyone and presented them with his suggestion, "I think hot chocolate is a good idea, a bunch of snow to the face does that I guess." He said as he remembered when he opened the door earlier, "I think I know a good place near the park too." Colton said as he smiled at his next comment, "You and Holly might know it Gladwin...does 'Pony Joe's' ring any bells?" Colton said as he remembered where Holly and Gladwin had first met.

Meanwhile on the other side of town however, a particular little sparrow was getting to know his new 'friend'. When Sparks had approached the robin earlier he took a cautious approach, less he scare her off or something. Luckily however the robin seemed to have took a 'shine' to Sparks as it were. Since Sparks didn't know how to proceed he decided to follow in his master's example and show the robin around the city.

Gladwin couldn't help but blush as he felt Holly kiss his cheek, but he smiled widely none the less. He loved the little things about her, how she would always surprise him with simple gestures like that. He nuzzled against her playfully, "You are so cheesy! And I love it!" He said, laughing but also playfully ruffling her mane with his feathers. He ended his playful nuzzling with a kiss on her forehead and a wink before turning to Colton.

"Pony Joes?" He said, tilting the side of his head towards Colton, acting as if he didn't hear the pony right. "Nope! Never heard of it!" Gladwin said, raising his beak as if he was a stuck up Canterlot pony, "What about you, my dear? Have you ever heard of a 'Pony Joes'?" He said, adding an odd accent to the "Pony Joes" part of his sentence. He began laughing again, living up to his name. "Sure Colton, that sounds amazing. That is, if Flux is OK with it?" Gladwin said, leaning to see Flux, to get her opinion.

"Certainly," Flux answered. She wasn't quite sure of the ties that the three had to the dounut shop, but she had visited and enjoyed the establishment before. In fact, during her university days, it had been equidistant from the university itself and the Great Library. This placement made it an ideal stop for her between the venues. At the moment it seemed ideal as well, as it fullfilled much of the suggestions made by both herself and Holly. "Unless it's moved, I believe it's still this way," she continued.

Peering around the sides of snow-covered buildings, Flux tried to catch a glimpse of the familiar shop. She stood poised on the tips of her hooves, nearly off the ground as she strained. The unicorn nearly got a faceful of snow herself, narrowly avoiding a dip into a nearby snowbank. She only laughed though, enjoying the day far too much to be negative about anything.

Holly smiled at the thought of Pony Joe's. It would certainly be much better this time--she'd be certain not to choke. She giggled as Flux almost toppled over while peeking over a corner, "Flux, yur pretty cute, ya know. Ya oughtta watch what yer doin'"

She giggled and walked past Flux, and as though in spite of her calling someone else clumsy, she tripped on a rock and went fumbling into a pole, smacked her head, and the shakey pole caused all the snow on the roof it was connected to to slip from its angled home and pile on top of her.

Colton couldn't help but laugh as Flux nearly toppled, he knew she wasn't in any immediate harm, just a slight case of unbalance was all. He stopped his chuckling and turned towards Flux, "I think I'm rubbing off on you way to much.....Next thing ya know I'll be having to take you to hospital." Colton said with a smile, obviously referring to the first time he met Flux.

Colton nearly lost it though when Holly tripped and got covered in snow, he kept it mostly inside though only a faint chuckle escaping every now and then. He saw that it was actually a nasty bit of a spill, he wanted to help but didn't want Gladwin to miss the opportunity to be the hero in this scenario. So the pegasus simply responded with, "Uh...you okay Holly?" hoping she heard him under the apparent mountain if snow.

He tilted his head slightly towards the buried unicorn whilst looking at Gladwin as a way of saying, 'What are you waiting for?' further encouraging Gladwin to 'come to the rescue' as it were, it was only a small trip but Colton was certain that those tow could make anything romantic given the circumstances.

Gladwin leaped forward, and his wings extended, giving a mighty flap that allowed him to glide to where the now snow-buried Holly waited. He reared his head back and then shoved it into the pile of snow. He tapped Holly's head with his own, "You alright?" He asked, looking directly into her eyes with a grin. He popped his head out and began digging in an almost dog-like method, moving the cold snow with his talons, and forming a neat pile of it behind him. "I think we've had enough almost freezing to death for one lifetime." Gladwin laughed softly to himself, trying to play it off as a joke, but was rather serious about the matter.

He eventually moved the snow from her head, and was now working on freeing her body, continuing his dog-like digging. His Talons WERE starting to get a little chilly though, but it wasn't bothering Gladwin. He definitely wanted to help Holly before he helped himself. He worked a bit more, and freed her front hooves. He figured he could pull her the rest of the way out. He trotted backwards and rose up on his hind legs, offering his talons out to Holly so she could be pulled.

The alabaster unicorn smiled sheepishly, not used to drawing such well-meant laughter. As a generally focused and serious scientist, she wasn't often drawing forth the amusement of others. She planted her hooves firmly upon the ground before she answered Colton. "Perhaps, but not all of the 'rubbing off' has been unhelpful," as she spoke, Flux gave a playful wink toward the pegasus.

At the sound of Holly's collision with the pole, Flux turned quickly. Even from the sound produced, Flux could tell that it was at least a non-trivial injury. Gladwin quickly went to her aid and Flux discreetly weakened some of the inner layers of snow by shifting to white particles subtlely. She didn't want to spoil the moment for the griffon, but Flux felt that she had to help in some manner. After completing her small assistance, the unicorn watched vigilantly as the griffon began to pull Holly out from the snowbank.

Holly poked her head out of the snow, eyes swirling in dizinness as she saw little birds flash about her head, "Rrrarrabbabbllaa...."

She shook her head, shaking out of the dizzy state, and managed to wiggle-wobble out of the snow pile, stumbling past Gladwin and tripping and almost falling one way, and then repeating the action in the opposite direction, her hooves floundering around under her as she fumbled to move on towards the dougnut shop, and ended up crashing into a carrot merchant.

"Rraalllaabarra," She bowed her head, apologizing to him politely, though her words made no sense. She shook her head once more, and turned back towards the other three she was with, looking at them indignantly, as though wondering what was taking them so long, "Rrraroorooro!"

She fumbled further down the road, looking as though she may be drunk off something, before suddenly...

) ) THWUMMM ( (

The pole hummed as it shook from the impact, and Holly sat down in front of it, blinking curiously, then looked back at her three companions, "You guys comin', or wut?"

She stood up and trotted off, disappearing into Pony Joe's with a tinkle of the door bell.

Colton gave an equally playful wink and smile back at Flux, the pegasus leaned slightly towards her and spoke in a slow voice, "That so huh?" He said whilst placing his hoof gently under Flux's chin, "Maybe I should try and rub off on you a bit more." The pegasus said as he closed his eyes and leaned in for a kiss.

Before he got the chance however Holly emerged from the snow and began stumbling about into various things, including a carrot merchant. Colton looked over at the rather off balance unicorn with a confused expression plastered on the pegasus' face. He thought to himself, Why are the girls so 'clumsy' today?.....Usually me and Gladwin would be doing stuff like that....His thoughts stopped as he looked over at Flux once again, Rubbing off I guess. He said with a smile and a slight raise of an eyebrow.

When Holly addressed them once again Colton tried not to laugh at how well the unicorn took her previous actions, with slight laughter stifling through his words he managed to respond, "Yeah, of course..." He said as he also entered the fine doughnut establishment. He looked back and held open the door for the approaching unicorn and griffin, "Well, in we go I guess." Colton stated, still struggling to keep his 'funny bone' as it were from acting up again.