Neoniie

45837-concept_artFireflylauren_faustofficial.png

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Firefly

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Purple (#912CEE)

Coat Color: Pink (#FF3E96)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Both her mane and tail are electric blue (#4DBCE9). Her mane is not some much styled as left in its windswept state, with part of it laying parallel to her neck. Her tail is left free.

Physique: She is fit and athletic, a prime sportsmare.

Cutie Mark: Two blue lightning bolts

Origin/Residence: Cloudsdale

Motivation: Currently, revenge against the Wonderbolts. Though, her main goal is to be the fastest and most recognizable flier in Equestria.

Dislikes: Being outflown, overly girly things, losing, low self-confidence

Character Summary: Firefly grew up in Cloudsdale, attending Flight School for much of her fillyhood. She was one of the top fliers in her year and she loved it. Being showered with praise, the awed looks from passerby, the applause as she pulled off an exciting stunt; Firefly couldn't get enough of it. As she matured in her fillyhood, Firefly ended up being one of the most revered students at the flight school and a bit of a bully. It wasn't intentional on her part, but her boisterous attitude and narcissism caused her to be rude to anypony she considered beneath her.

On the day that the Wonderbolts visited the school to scout out potential members, Firefly was ready to pull of her most daring trick yet. She called it the Thunder, the move that had earned her a cutie mark. It involved barely dodging stormclouds, mostly for effect, and activating their inner electrical energy. Once the clouds were ready, Firefly would dash through them and pick up their energy. With a trail of lightning itself behind her, she would loop the audience, showing off her skills.

However on that particular day, Firefly wasn't able to pull of the stunt correctly. Rather than leaving a trail of sparks behind her, the pegasus scorched herself on the raw electricity. She started to fall out of the sky and had to be rescued by the Wonderbolts. Filled with shame and anger, Firefly flew blindly through the sky. She didn't know or care where she was going, as long as it was away from Cloudsdale and her heroes, the Wonderbolts.

Before long, she found herself in the darkness of the Everfree Forest. She sat in despair, alone in the building rain that had moved itself over the secluded clearing she had landed in. She felt as though it was the end of the world, wandering aimlessly through the foreboding environment. After an uncountable amount of time, Firefly came across a team of flying pegasi. They were executing several more dangerous, but impressive routines. As she watched from the shadows, a word floated to the forefront of her mind: Shadowbolts.

Firefly was sceptical at first. The Shadowbolts had been merely a rumour flying around Cloudsdale in the past few months, but she had never believed it was anything more than a rumour. It was then that she was spotted by one of the practising pegasi. A tall stallion confronted her, asking what she was doing in the Everfree. Deciding that Shadowbolts was as close to Wonderbolts as she could get at the moment, she told him her story and asked their leader to allow her to audition for a position in the Shadowbolts.

She was allowed the chance and made the cut for the team. Through her training in their ranks, Firefly managed to convince herself that it was the Wonderbolts who were to blame for the shattering of her dreams. With the goal of besting them and proving her worth once and for all, Firefly set off with a new purpose, completely determined to reach the pinnacle of the pegasus flight world.

Firefly's personality can be summed up in two main characteristics: narcissistic and proud. These are by-products of the adoration she recieved for her flying skills and have held fast over the years. Due to her never truly growing out of foalish self-centred attitude, she can appear to react in a childlike manner when under stress. However, she will quickly deflect any claims of such with her unflappable ego.

Not all of her characteristics are negative ones, however. She can't stand to see ponies with low opinions of their self-worth and will instantly devise a plan to boost their esteem. Her success varies, but occassionally she can really change somepony's world view. She is also a loyal friend to anypony who can endure her selfish tendancies and will repay such loyalty with her own. She can also be rather skeptical and may not believe something unless proof is laid before her.

She has a rather dramatic manner, always announcing herself with faux titles and impressive weather effects. This tendancy is magnified in her Shadowbolt role, always wanting to pull of the most exciting and dramatic stunts. She also appreciates the effort of others through this quirk, knowing how difficult a good entrance and set-up can be. However, not all of her ambitions relate strictly to her job as a Shadowbolt. She also has an interest in becoming a flight teacher that developed during her fillyhood. Though she does teach in her off time to make a few bits, she is too caught up in the glamour of the Shadowbolts to consider teaching full-time.

Firefly is also a very structure-oriented pony. If you were to pass by the Everfree Forest (on weekends) or the Cloudsdale racing track (on weekdays), you would find her hard at work on her latest performance routine. This is another reason why she enjoys teaching: she has a schedule and sticks to it. It does make her rather unflexible when things don't go her way, but events usually do. She also has a very certain way to eat certain foods, which can get her several odd looks from other ponies. In particular, she will only drink Bananna Blitzes (her favourite drink) with a little umbrella on the side.

Edited by Neoniie
  • Like 1

looking cool so far. I am wondering as I read her application, is she still in some way motivated to be in the Wonderbolts or is she fully satisfied as a Shadowbolt. Has she thought of what she wants to do beyond stunt flying or has she not thought that far ahead?

looking cool so far. I am wondering as I read her application, is she still in some way motivated to be in the Wonderbolts or is she fully satisfied as a Shadowbolt. Has she thought of what she wants to do beyond stunt flying or has she not thought that far ahead?

Since she now blames the Wonderbolts for her failure, she doesn't want to join them so much as surpass them. She's joined the Shadowbolts to that end.

As for her future, she's focusing on the present more at the moment, so she's not really sure what she would do beyond stunt flying.

firefly.jpg

Why you no include picture? This is who it's supposed to be, right? What's with everyone and making the would-be mane six? First Surprise...now...I must make the Fluttershy clone, Posey! >3<

I thought I'd added it at the top of the app. I see it when I look at it...did I not format it correctly?

It could just be my computer. Sometimes it blocks certain images for some reason *shrug* Either way, nice lookin' app you got thar. I wonder if...like...if 6 roleplayers on this board made the would-be mane six...could they be...buddies?

It could just be my computer. Sometimes it blocks certain images for some reason *shrug* Either way, nice lookin' app you got thar. I wonder if...like...if 6 roleplayers on this board made the would-be mane six...could they be...buddies?

I would certainly be open to it. That would be a cool dynamic to say the least. I suppose it would depend on what the other 5 would agree to.

Hi, I just thought I'd remark that I see a lot of solid story and background information, but I see little describing her actual personality.

What quirks or tics does Firefly have? Does she have an affinity for a certain food or drink? Any peculiar habits? Any signature catchphrase or flourish that she does? Does she have any other hopes and aspirations not tied to the Wonderbolts or the Shadowbolts? How does she relate to other ponies?

These questions are by no means an exhaustive list, but answering them will help us get an idea of how you want to play the character and give you a more solid foundation to write RP on. Who knows, in the process of answering them, you may even come up with a few of your own!

Hi, I just thought I'd remark that I see a lot of solid story and background information, but I see little describing her actual personality.

What quirks or tics does Firefly have? Does she have an affinity for a certain food or drink? Any peculiar habits? Any signature catchphrase or flourish that she does? Does she have any other hopes and aspirations not tied to the Wonderbolts or the Shadowbolts? How does she relate to other ponies?

These questions are by no means an exhaustive list, but answering them will help us get an idea of how you want to play the character and give you a more solid foundation to write RP on. Who knows, in the process of answering them, you may even come up with a few of your own!

Oh my, once I started going I just couldn't stop. :blush: But I do think I've got a much better foundation for her personality (4 paragraphs full) and know more clearly what direction I want to take her development. Thanks for the help Dio! :)