255 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your two favorite MLP!

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity

This is a very difficult choice for me, but I'll say Fluttershy and Rarity.

Fluttershy because, despite her namesake, being a bit on the shy side, she has her moments of letting her mind speak out (Her critique in Suited for Success, the cheer in Sonic Rainboom, etc), but even when her shyness is played for laughs, you can't help but want to squeeze the ever loving cuteness out of her.

Rarity because when I first saw her, I thought she'd be the stereotypical fashion obsessed freak that plagues most shows aimed at girls (I'm looking at you, Bratz), but inside that fashionista facade lies the heart of a generous unicorn who, despite some moments of selfishness, thinks of others before herself. That and some scenes she did made me have to wipe Pepsi off my keyboard (The whining in Dog and Pony Show was the main culprit here)

As for the rest, Pinkie is a very close 3rd. What can I say, I'm a male version of her! Nuff said!

Applejack has what I think the ideal view on hard work should be, not just getting it done to do something afterwords nor worrying about what to do or how to do it but simply doing things. If it's there to be done she will do it because it should be done; there is no heavy distaste for people doing better or complaining about her limitations or negative after thoughts about how much work she's done, she just gets things done.

And I like Fluttershy... because Fluttershy. *yay*

heh, i didnt even know you could vote for 2 ¬¬

FLUTTERDUDES ASSEMBLE!!

WE WOULD LIKE TO BE TREES!!

9000%20.jpg?1301032560

What I always personally loved about that meme is that in the original Japanese, he says over 8000, so its all based on a mistranslation; either that or they felt 9000 sounded 20% cooler.

• 2 weeks later...

I never wanted it to happen, but somehow between her Sleepover enthusiasm by-the-book in "Look Before You Sleep", and the bouncing around the Cutie Mark Crusaders in "Call of the Cutie", Twilight slipped in there and became number one for me, and it is a very tough call.

It started out that Rainbow Dash was my favorite. Applejack was next, because Applejack was my favorite pony as a child, and who am I to disagree with a cowgirl? Rarity and Twilight Sparkle were tied for next-to last. The first episode I couldn't stand either of them. Pinkie Pie was last, since I have hated Pinkie Pie since the moment she became a MLP character.

And now, the characters are so well-rounded and fun that it's really hard to say which would be my least favorite. They're all assholes at times, but they're super lovable assholes. Kind of like my friends.

This is hard, this show wouldn't be the same if anyone of these ponies were missing. :P

Applejack definitely gets my pick. The accent, the hat, the hard-worker, the hat, the bucking, the hat, the prehensile tail, the hat...

Did I mention the hat?

BUT WHY OH WHY DO YOU GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHOOSE ANOTHER?!

...I chose Rarity because of her amazing voice actress, and because she's underestimated by newcomers since she didn't get the spotlight until episode 14.

Went with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I chose Fluttershy, mainly since I used to be shy myself (and being able to relate with that feel) and Dash, mainly because of her aggressive attitude.

But in all honestly, I couldn't really choose which one would be my favorite. They're just so damn awesome and/or adorable in their own ways.

It's hard for me to give a good answer because the two criteria I use to determine my favorite characters(most entertaining and most relate-able) would give completely opposite results.

In the end I picked Pinkie Pie and Twilight. Pinkie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are easily the most entertaining of the six due their over-the-top personalities. They always manage to over-exaggerate and steal whatever scenes they're in, with Pinkie chewing the scenery more than anypony else on the show. While Twilight, AppleJack,and Fluttershy have their funny moments, it's usually because of their chemistry with the other three and their reactions to the random situations that arise on the show.

However the latter three have the most likable, down-to-earth personalities in contrast Pinkie, Rarity and Dash. While I like AppleJack's workaholic attitude and stubbornness and Fluttershy's kindness and social phobia, I can relate with Twilight the most due to her egghead tendencies and role as a socially awkward recluse. As much I like PP, RD, and Rarity onscreen I couldn't bear dealing with their personalities IRL, especially Rarity with her OCD and self-centered vanity.

• 2 weeks later...

My response to this poll? None of the above, Spike is my favourite character in the show XD He may be a sarcastic little bugger sometimes, but he's funny and utterly adorable, plus at the core he does seem like a genuinely nice person ^^ I'm also rather fond of Big Macintosh and The Cutie Mark Crusaders, especially Applebloom. (Of the non lead characters.

Of the main pony cast however my favourite of them is easily Applejack, so my vote will go to her ^^

For me it goes like this.

1) Applejack

2) Fluttershy

3) Twilight Sparkle

4) Pinkie Pie

5) Rainbow Dash

6) Rarity (love her sister Sweetie Belle, but fashion freaks/snobs really irritate me. She's the only one I don't like at all)

Earlier on in the thread I posted the order that I would rank the Tier 1 characters in, and it was as follows.

1) Applejack

2) Fluttershy

3) Twilight Sparkle

4) Pinkie Pie

5) Rainbow Dash

6) Rarity (love her sister Sweetie Belle, but fashion freaks/snobs really irritate me. She's the only one I don't like at all)

Well, I've changed it up slightly, having rewatched some of the episodes and thought about it.

1) Applejack

2) Fluttershy

3) Rainbow Dash

4) Twilight Sparkle

5) Pinkie Pie

6) Rarity. (at the bottom still, for the same reasons I stated earlier)

• 1 month later...