Cutie Mark Crusader Frequency

weesh

45 members have voted

1. 1. The frequency of Cutie Mark Crusader episodes is...

• Much too low
    • A bit low
    • Just about right
    • A bit high
    • Much too high

Of the mane 6, Pinkie Pie is my least favorite, but I would rather have a Pinkie Pie episode than a Crusader episode any day. This has very little to do with my feelings about the crusaders. It is about the desire to learn more about the 6 ponies that I care the most about.

Episodes like Sisterhooves Social are great, because it is more about Rarity than Sweetie Bell, as it was Rarity that grew the most.

An episode Cutie Mark Chronicles was cool, but it was only pretending to be about the Crusaders.

My vote is for much less of them.

I'd say that it's just about right.

episodes involving the cmc

Call of the Cutie

Stare Master

the show stoppers

cutie mark chronicles

sisterhooves social

cutie pox

episodes where they have minor roles/are seen

Friendship is magic part 1

Bridle Gossip (putting this one down here because I'm sure I'm not the only one who sometimes forgets Applebloom was even in this one. this was before we knew anything about her and before people thought she was annoying)

Hearth's warming eve

mysterious mare-do-well

luna eclipsed

EDIT: also part one of the discord episode

so, of a grand total of 37 episodes, we see the cmc with significant roles in six episodes, or 16% of the episodes. of those episodes, half of them help develop one or more of the mane six (Sisterhooves Social- Rarity, Cutie Mark Chronicles - mane six, Stare Master - Fluttershy). that leaves us with 3 episodes devoted to the cmc, or 8% of the episodes

At first, i was kinda skeptical of the Cutiemark Crusaders. I felt like their childish antics was a little much for me.

But after a few episodes, i wanted to know what cutiemarks they'd end up with

I think that the writers have done a pretty good job of keeping the CMC involved with the audience without putting them in your face too often.

If Angie Cakes above me is right, and there are going to be eight more episodes, i hope they space them out at least two episodes apart, if not more. i think it'd be good to extend into the third season

Another thing we need to keep in mind is that even after they all get their cutiemarks (probably at separate times), they most likely wont give the individual ponies the boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if every now and then, they'd throw in an episode about Scootaloo or Sweetie Bell.

If Angie Cakes above me is right, and there are going to be eight more episodes, i hope they space them out at least two episodes apart, if not more. i think it'd be good to extend into the third season

did I say that there were going to be eight more episodes, or did you hear that somewhere else? because I never said anything about new episodes XD

I dunno... I'm torn about the CMC... I hate them because they are oblivious to what their cutie marks are, even though it's blatantly obvious to everyone, including the other two CMC's. i feel like they're never learning their true talent and the entire episode ends up being filler since they dont leave with a real lesson in their heads...

At the same time though, i think they're adorable and sweet. in their search for their cutie marks theyve experienced a lot more than most other girls their age. i think if they were to just discover their talents but at the same time continue their adventures things would seem better for them...

I like the CMC, they always seem to be confident, fun, and getting into trouble.

It's nice seeing how well (or poorly) they get along with each other and their siblings.

It's nice to see them grow alongside the mane 6, like Sweetie and Rarity did in Sisterhooves Social.

Hopefully, they'll get their cutie marks at some point.

so, of a grand total of 37 episodes, we see the cmc with significant roles in six episodes, or 16% of the episodes. of those episodes, half of them help develop one or more of the mane six (Sisterhooves Social- Rarity, Cutie Mark Chronicles - mane six, Stare Master - Fluttershy). that leaves us with 3 episodes devoted to the cmc, or 8% of the episodes

Those three remaining episodes were abysmal though. Among the worst. Sisterhooves social would have still been 99% as good without Sweetie Bell Character Developments, as would Stare Master.

I dunno... I'm torn about the CMC... I hate them because they are oblivious to what their cutie marks are, even though it's blatantly obvious to everyone, including the other two CMC's. i feel like they're never learning their true talent and the entire episode ends up being filler since they dont leave with a real lesson in their heads...

At least the other characters pretend to have character development. Show stoppers set them back!

I disliked the CMC the first time I watched the series. It was mostly just severe annoyance at having to watch Stare Master and Show Stoppers back to back, but after that my opinion of them was severely soured for a long time.

Isolated, I like both those episodes fine and I don't actually hate the CMC. Really, with them, I just think a little goes a long way. THey definitely shouldn't schedule CMC episodes back to back ever again.

I think the frequency is about right though. Three or four episodes a season for them is about what I want.

At first, I didn't like the CMC. Then, they started growing on me as we learned more about them, their relationship with the 6, and their relationship with each other. The performance in Show Stoppers was horrible, even though the song wasn't too bad in itself. Like a guy on the street absolutely mangling your favorite song. It's somewhat obvious where their talents lie, true, but some of them have a few talents.

They're young, uneducated, and lacking in wisdom. As long as the writers don't flanderize them too much, eventually they should keep developing as characters and gain their marks. While it would obviously change the dynamics of the three if any of them gained their cutie mark, I think it would be a good thing. They could change their focus to helping others instead of themselves. Still crusading, just for somepony else's cutie mark. Unfortunately, plot all too often forces them to be a trio of idiots in regards to themselves.

...and we still don't know much about Scootaloo, other than her rampant RD fangirlism and tomboyish nature. She's the Applejack of their group, in that regard.

I disliked the CMC the first time I watched the series. It was mostly just severe annoyance at having to watch Stare Master and Show Stoppers back to back, but after that my opinion of them was severely soured for a long time.

I remember being annoyed by that.

And also by Applebloom having no idea two of her classmates were blankflanks (and that they didn't know she was one)

And by the fact that "Show Stoppers" set them back.

And because scootaloo was so disrespectful of five of the cutie mark stories in CMC.

And because "Cutie Pox" made zero sense from start to finish.

I find myself feeling better about those episodes just by typing this post.

Edit: oops, I mistyped that last line. It was supposed to say "bitter".

Edited by weesh

I enjoy having the CMC around, but not as the main "attraction" so to speak. I think a good frequency of episodes should be 1 every 5 episodes. So 2 / 7 / 12 / 17 / 22. (For Season three of course, assuming more than 13 episodes are to be aired) Yes, they can be quite annoying. But in their own rights, they are siblings to some of the Mane 6. (Sweetie and Applebloom, I mean.) so it IS only fair that they get some of the spotlight. If their journeys could become similar to that of the Mane 6's, it might be VERY enjoyable to watch them. Especially if we can get some development to Scootaloo.. If the CMC could interact more directly wit hthe mane 6, that would be great, too.

Nonetheless, I voted a tad bit too low. They need more episodes, but just with the frequency I posted.

While I will agree they can be annoyingly childish, and it does annoy me that EVERYONE can see their talents except them (but haven't we all had some problem where the answer was right there in our face all along?) and, yes, I'm annoyed by Scootaloo's hate of "mushy stuff" but...

I Love the CMC!

I wouldn't mind at all for there to be a spin-off series about them! I think there's a HUGE potential for back-story on all of them, as well as adventures they could go on that could rival the Mane 6 without ever being "too adult" to make sense for the CMC. (In fact when I think about it, I could seriously see an option for hasbro to spin off CMC as the "kiddy" version of MLP and make FIM the "more mature" version (not that I want to see ponies killing each other, but I mean deal with more mature topics without having to dance around questions like "what happened to X's parents?" "they're dead" (this is implied strongly for 1 pony and minorly for up to 4 others I can think of))

Of course, this being said, I like the main stories much more because they are (questionably) more mature and intalectual than the CMC, and while I'd love to see a CMC spin-off, I wouldnt want to see them take over the main series. So, my vote goes for "a bit low"

I'm kinda surprised by the poll results so far... I expected "just about right" to get a decent ammount of votes, but I expected "a bit low" and "a bit high" to have switched spots ._.

I'm kinda surprised by the poll results so far... I expected "just about right" to get a decent ammount of votes, but I expected "a bit low" and "a bit high" to have switched spots ._.

I know right? Do you guys not realize that more CMC episodes means less mane 6 episodes?

Don't get me wrong I like the Mane 5. But thr CMC just appeal to me more because they actually have a consistent goal. Everyone else's goal changes with each episode. I know the show is more or less episodic. But consistentincy appeals to me more. And since the CMC has a consistent goal. They became my favorites in the show.

That and there adorable.

I know right? Do you guys not realize that more CMC episodes means less mane 6 episodes?

That's one way to look at it. You could also say that by having CMC episodes, it preserves episodes devoted to the Mane 6.

Like if you had chocolate and strawberry cupcakes. you LOVE the strawberry ones, but after a while, you'll want a chocolate cupcake. Otherwise, the strawberry ones get a little old

There are 6 main ponies that we could focus on.

Also, 15 different two pony pairs, and 20 different three pony sets, and another 15 four pony sets, and 6 five pony sets, plus the whole group.

63 total variations! We have more variety than can possibly be utilized. I could imagine getting bored of the show if one particular pony was the star every time, but we don't need the CMCs to get us entertainment.

I think it is ever so slightly on the high side, but boarderlining on just right. If I didn't find those fillies so bothersome, it would probably be just right. But as it stands I really dislike them, especially Scootaloo. In fact, if she weren't there, I'd actually find them more bearable.

There are 6 main ponies that we could focus on.

Also, 15 different two pony pairs, and 20 different three pony sets, and another 15 four pony sets, and 6 five pony sets, plus the whole group.

63 total variations! We have more variety than can possibly be utilized. I could imagine getting bored of the show if one particular pony was the star every time, but we don't need the CMCs to get us entertainment.

And a good 90% of ponies you mentioned only the fans like and will likely never do anything other than standing in the background and looking pretty.