Cutie Mark Crusader Frequency

weesh

45 members have voted

1. 1. The frequency of Cutie Mark Crusader episodes is...

• Much too low
    • A bit low
    • Just about right
    • A bit high
    • Much too high

And a good 90% of ponies you mentioned only the fans like and will likely never do anything other than standing in the background and looking pretty.

I'm confused. I'm not talking about the background ponies. I was mentioning that there are 63 different ways to combine the mane 6. Many cool pairings haven't been touched yet.

The CMC grew on me, I love them now, especially Sweetie Belle, and I would definitely love to see more episodes featuring them, but less as crusaders and more as just friends. One of the things I liked a lot about Sisterhooves Social and Lesson Zero and even The Cutie Pox demonstrated that they were friends, and their search for cutie marks was not the only thing that tied them together and that they did other things.

The CMC grew on me, I love them now, especially Sweetie Belle, and I would definitely love to see more episodes featuring them, but less as crusaders and more as just friends. One of the things I liked a lot about Sisterhooves Social and Lesson Zero and even The Cutie Pox demonstrated that they were friends, and their search for cutie marks was not the only thing that tied them together and that they did other things.

I agree with that. the CMC have interesting personalities, and it'd definitely be interesting to see them in situations other than ones that involve their blank flanks.

I'd like to see a CMC episode dedicated to Scootaloo, but in general I think I'd like a little more Mane Six. It almost feels as if they're treated as equals to the CMC, and while I do like them, they're not as important as the main characters. For there to be so many CMC episodes this season, and absolutely no Fluttershy episode? Take care of all of the mane 6 first, then mess around with side characters.

Sisterhooves social would have still been 99% as good without Sweetie Bell Character Developments,

But you would not have too much of a plot now would you?

Anyhow I know why the CMC exists, they are the characters that the target audience is supposed to relate to even more then the mane 6.

Think of this, the CMC represent that need to find what one is best at in order to find ones place in life and its supposed to be like real young girls their age.

Actually I think its a good thing we have the CMC so we have some variety, though I will admit I wish they would flesh out some of the mane 6 more like Pinkie and Fluttershy, only one has an episode lined up so far and its not Fluttershy.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are good when used as a plot device (Cutie Mark Chronicles/Sisterhooves Social), and I like how they add to the overall mythos by introducing the concept of a Cutie Mark. I also thought it was a bit clever how they all worked on what would give the others their Cutie Marks in The Show Stoppers.

Also it makes for some

But otherwise yeah, I think we could stand to have a bit less of them, they're my least favorite recurring characters aside from, well, the other foals.

I find myself often wondering what will happen they actually get their cutie marks. Their quest for this right of passage is kind of... I don't want to say it's the only thing going for them, but it's their primary motivation. Heck, it's why they became friends in the first place. Oh, I'm certain not much will change. Scootaloo will still be a fangirl. Sweetiebell will still annoy the daylights out of Rarity (because she hasn't used her killer singing voice enough in the series). Applebloom will... uhmm..

...shoot, I got nothin'.

We have been seeing more scripting with individual CMCs. For that intent, we haven't really had enough Scootaloo, and she's probably the one needing the most fleshing out between the three.

Don't forget about one-hit-wonder characters as well between the Mane Six -- Trixie cries out the most to me, because she seems the one with so much more story to tell, and possibly the most for redemption of some kind.

I find myself often wondering what will happen they actually get their cutie marks. Their quest for this right of passage is kind of... I don't want to say it's the only thing going for them, but it's their primary motivation. Heck, it's why they became friends in the first place. Oh, I'm certain not much will change.

I would be surprised if they all succeeded at the same time. When one of them gets it and the other two don't, what happens to their friendship? Sure in cutie-pox they were excited for Applebloom, but the illusion was shattered before they came down from the high. Redefining their friendship after one or two have crossed over might have a good lesson to it, but I simply find myself not caring.

I would be surprised if they all succeeded at the same time. When one of them gets it and the other two don't, what happens to their friendship? Sure in cutie-pox they were excited for Applebloom, but the illusion was shattered before they came down from the high. Redefining their friendship after one or two have crossed over might have a good lesson to it, but I simply find myself not caring.

My prediction is that they'll all get their cutie marks at the same time, like the Mane Six did.

I posted something pretty disgusting and graphic. Then I had second thoughts.

The gist was that just because you do two unpleasant things (applebloom and sweetie bell episodes) it doesn't mean that you NEED the third unpleasant thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I posted something pretty disgusting and graphic. Then I had second thoughts.

The gist was that just because you do two unpleasant things (applebloom and sweetie bell episodes) it doesn't mean that you NEED the third unpleasant thing.

Hush you, quiet you. The CMC are great, and ALL of their episodes have been great so far. ALL OF THEM.

• Like 1

Honestly I would like a Scootaloo/Dash episode that would explore their relationship (such as it is) and have them both grow as characters and learn something, such as Scoot shouldn't place any pony on a pedestal and Dash learning what it means to be a real role-model.

Honestly I would like a Scootaloo/Dash episode that would explore their relationship (such as it is) and have them both grow as characters and learn something, such as Scoot shouldn't place any pony on a pedestal and Dash learning what it means to be a real role-model.

I seriously expect this to happen if the series goes long enough. Faust said Dash wouldnt be a good 'big sister' so it makes a perfect setup that she for some reason has to watch the CMC for the weekend (ala fluttershy in The Stare Master) or She goes somewhere and scoot tags along in secret, and the above lessons happen.

I don't mind how much the CMC show up. Since its a show for little girls, actual little girl characters probably have more of a connection in some way with the target audience.

That being said. I'm beginning to think of MLP more like The Simpsons. Sure there are characters that show up more often, but there is also a wealth of background characters that are recurring in the spotlight. I like it that way. Broadens the universe.

we need more CMC, and they better have an episode with them getting their cutie marks! > :-(

I think if they had an episode in which the CMCs came to terms with their lack of marks, decided to stop forcing it, AND they didn't get their marks in that episode, it would go a long way in improving my mood towards them.

Well, it could also work if just one of them getting their mark led to the above.

For a while I had angst over my single status. I wanted to be married and have kids. And the desire consumed me. What I discovered though, was that being in a relationship didn't fix that, and that I was defining my value as a person based on who was dating me. This was unhealthy on several levels, and depressing as well. Now that I know my value is not dependant on who I am with or what I do, I am comfortable with my status, and much happier. Yes that desire is still very much present, but it doesn't control me, and I could live a satisfying life if I never got married.

I think if they had an episode in which the CMCs came to terms with their lack of marks, decided to stop forcing it, AND they didn't get their marks in that episode, it would go a long way in improving my mood towards them.

Well, it could also work if just one of them getting their mark led to the above.

For a while I had angst over my single status. I wanted to be married and have kids. And the desire consumed me. What I discovered though, was that being in a relationship didn't fix that, and that I was defining my value as a person based on who was dating me. This was unhealthy on several levels, and depressing as well. Now that I know my value is not dependant on who I am with or what I do, I am comfortable with my status, and much happier. Yes that desire is still very much present, but it doesn't control me, and I could live a satisfying life if I never got married.

lol true, true, but it still would be better if they had the ep in like, the final season maybe? or some where close to that...

Im late to the party, but here goes:

I just don't really care about the CMC. The one that I care the most about is the chicken, but the only reason for this is because we dont know anything about her. And her love of dash is hilarious. While Apple Bloom is funny on occasion and Sweety Belle is kinda cute, I guess...

I dont dislike them, I just... meh. I would rather see them doing random stuff in the background than having episodes about them.

I just prefer episodes about twilight, or even the rest of the mane 6.