Wind Whistler [Final]

knight

Pics inside spoiler. WARNING: PIC HEAVY.

(this is, essentially, to supply an example of how she speaks.)

77437%20-%20artist%3Aissmafia%20derpy_hooves%20g1%20g1_to_g4%20generation_leap%20muffin%20Wind_Whistler.png

Wind_Whistler_by_DanikaMorningStar.jpg

wind.whistler.png

132098891724-whistzzer.png

(On the left)

81890%20-%20Bright_Eyes%20Wind_Whistler%20artist%3Atrotsworth%20kimono%20twilight_sparkle.png

Name: Wind Whistler

Eye Color: Purple-red hue. Almost magenta, but a little more purple.

Pelt: Light Blue

Mane/Tail: Light 'Fading' Pink, with a large white bow at the top. Curly, and almost unkempt looking. Her tail is rather long, whereas her mane is fairly short and curly. (see last picture in spoiler, this is her appearance.)

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Species: Pegasus

Physique: Slender, but well-muscled. Not plump, but certainly not excessively thin. Phisique of one constantly running after fillies and foals.

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Fillydelphia. Currently resides near Canterlot.

Cutie Mark: Two blue whistles, two pink whistles.

Career: She is a tutor for young fillies and foals. She travels across Equestria, but her home is located just outside of Canterlot.

Motivation: To spread her love of knowledge, and also her love of flight and exersize all across Equestria--to make learning FUN.

Story:

Wind Whistler was born and raised in Fillydelphia, the daughter of wealthy Realtor ponies. Her parents were both very supportive of any form of education, and had her in lessons before she even got into school.

She attended an all-fillies academy when she was young. Since a young age, when she first got her hooves on a dictionary, she has loved to speak in elaborate sentences, her vast vocabulary adding to the oddity and often unnecessity of her phrases and sentences. As a filly, she was at the top of her class and very much a 'teachers pet', so it was no surprise to her when she was selected as 'Hall Monitor'. She loved her duty. She went about the halls with a whistle on a string around her neck, tooting it every time she saw something out of place, though never did she yell at ponies, merely instructed them on how to correct their actions--often in an exceptionally detailed manner.

As she moved to higher grades, remaining hall monitor, she found in her the love of caring for and correcting the fillies younger than she, and found her passion for teaching. It was on such an occasion, where she met the filly that would be the source of her cutie mark...

'Wind Whistler was patrolling the halls as usual, and all seemed to have calmed down. Fillies were all in class, there was nopony out and about. Her halls were clear.

But then...what was that sound? A sniffle? A squeak?

Grabbing the whistle in her lips, she looked around the hall, and found a young, tiny filly, a few years her junior, sobbing near her locker. She peeped her whistle softly, and approached the filly.

"Please do not cry, my little filly, the halls are no such place for water to be running down your face. I imagine you are feeling some sort of sad emotion. Please, allow me to speak with you, and put your mind at ease," Wind Whistler knelt near the filly, and listened attentively as she began to sob about how one of the school's frequent bully-ponies had pushed her into her locker, and now her brand new glasses were broken.

Feeling a wave of sympathy and a tender care for the filly, Wind Whistler was quick to get ahold of her parents, as well as the bully, who was made to apologize. It was after that day that Wind Whistler found that upon her flank would be what etched into her as a teacher, a mark of what made her a teaching pony, and what showed her what she wanted to do with her life.

As she watched the filly leave that day, and saw over the next few days that the bully and the young filly became fast friends, united from her own act of courage and kindess, she realized that that was what she wanted to feel that satisfaction, to help little ponies, every DAY.'

After filly's school, Wind Whistler attended the Fillydelphia Academy, where she was educated and went to college for the education of young children.

Wind Whistler, despite her wisdom, is well known for her boldness and bravery, as well as the extreme loyalty she holds towards those dear to her. She was, for a short time, a teacher in Fillydelphia, but her deep desire for adventure drove her to travel, and she now runs a school and small children's library just outside of Canterlot, as well as provides tutor services for a wide range of foals thrroughout Equestria. She is well known for her often times unorthodox methods of teaching, as she desires every filly and foal to find education and just general...KNOWLEDGE just as thrilling and fun as she finds it. She is never seen at school without a whistle around her neck!

She is ALWAYS at the Canterlot library, or the library in Ponyville, or any library in any town she happens to sniff out a book in! On her days off, if she's not at the library, she's writing FRANTICALLY! Putting all her thoughts on paper is hard work for a filly, especially when you know so many words! She has attempted to write novels and novellas in the past, but to no avail. She always ends up nitpicking her own work, and ends up on another topic when meaning to stay in the line of the story.

While she cannot DO magic, she knows much about the magic of the pegasi breed, some of the lore of why they can walk on clouds, why they can maintain the weather and so on, as well as unicorn anatomy and general information. She is a highly educated pegasi, and differs greatly from the normal 'hot headed' nature that the pegasi are known for.

Her parents are still VERY supportive of her, and frequently take trips to Canterlot to see her, and to also, of course, buy exclusive Canterlot clothes lines. Let's not forget, they ARE wealthy ponies!

Updated with short character story. Didn't delve into this one QUITE as much as I have with other characters in the past. I wanted to leave her more....open for exploration of her character, rather than giving her a wall of text for a backstory. :3

Just a note that “Adult” is unnecessary. A Mare IS an adult.
As any of her students could tell you, she got her cutie mark from her love of the musical arts, combined with her demand for attention, physical activity and focus in the classroom.

But what does her Cutie Mark mean, and how did she actually receive it? Also, please explain “the arts.” What kind was she interested in? (Y'know, drawing, music, theater...)

How do her parents feel about her choice of occupation? Where they happy that she went into a different profession than themselves? Did they have any ambitions for Wind Whistler? What has Wind Whistler failed or succeeded at, and how did that affect her life and attitude?

Some fleshing out is needed. :)

Adding on to what Tales posted, it sounds like she would have a couple probable additional interests, such as literature (critic of, or a writer of), a purveyor of classic or ancient literature, poetry, creative writing, and/or other language arts related fields. All of these could guide her into becoming a teacher that specializes in the language arts, writing, and literature (or whatever combo of). In addtion she could be into writing silly, flowery romance novels or something on the side. All of these ideas I based on your pointing out that she likes to speak in a flowery purple prose whenever she speaks, which can also occur in her writings. It also can offer a weakness for her to deal with (she is difficult to understand, she tends to be too flowery with words, difficulty holding conversations, etc). Just some thoughts to add to her character.

Adding on to what Tales posted, it sounds like she would have a couple probable additional interests, such as literature (critic of, or a writer of), a purveyor of classic or ancient literature, poetry, creative writing, and/or other language arts related fields. All of these could guide her into becoming a teacher that specializes in the language arts, writing, and literature (or whatever combo of). In addtion she could be into writing silly, flowery romance novels or something on the side. All of these ideas I based on your pointing out that she likes to speak in a flowery purple prose whenever she speaks, which can also occur in her writings. It also can offer a weakness for her to deal with (she is difficult to understand, she tends to be too flowery with words, difficulty holding conversations, etc). Just some thoughts I came up with to add to her character based on that one fact alone. :)

It makes me laugh that I just can't win with my apps...they're either too long, so I make them brief, and then they're too short.....*sigh*

An Application can NEVER be too short!

You also seem to be missing a few minor things, now that I look again.

Roleplay Type:

Species:

Physique:

Origin/Residence:

Add those things in and you look good to go!

Double post=double fun.

All that stuff edited.

It makes me laugh that I just can't win with my apps...they're either too long, so I make them brief, and then they're too short.....*sigh*

Well it isn't length that matters, it's content. The reason sometimes we can appear picky as for some folks is that sometimes the characters isn't thought through or given any depth of personality. The deeper your character is, the more fun it is to RP with them because ideas flow easier, and its easier to develop them as a full story character, and its easier to figure out what they would say or do. Those characters are the ones people grow to care about and develop some sort of vested interest in; in this way it is just like writing a story with them.

Well it isn't length that matters, it's content. The reason sometimes we can appear picky as for some folks is that sometimes the characters isn't thought through or given any depth of personality. The deeper your character is, the more fun it is to RP with them because ideas flow easier, and its easier to develop them as a full story character, and its easier to figure out what they would say or do. Those characters are the ones people grow to care about and develop some sort of vested interest in; in this way it is just like writing a story with them.

I may disagree with this. I think it's more fun to CREATE the story WITHIN the RP. Not have an epic tale and expect to do something wonderful afterwards. As for depth, my character, I'm sure you may recall, Screwball, proved that no matter how many hours you put into the character, how much you bring the character's story to life, it doesn't matter if it works better as a 'story' and not a 'character.'

I believe the real story should be within the RP, not the background.

An Application can NEVER be too short!

You also seem to be missing a few minor things, now that I look again.

Roleplay Type:

Species:

Physique:

Origin/Residence:

Add those things in and you look good to go!

Added. :3

I may disagree with this. I think it's more fun to CREATE the story WITHIN the RP. Not have an epic tale and expect to do something wonderful afterwards. As for depth, my character, I'm sure you may recall, Screwball, proved that no matter how many hours you put into the character, how much you bring the character's story to life, it doesn't matter if it works better as a 'story' and not a 'character.'

I believe the real story should be within the RP, not the background.

Maybe I didn't say my point well. I agree that many details and backstory can be indeed left to develop over the RP. What I look for is that there is enough to build a rich RP story and character with, often people do not think the personality and the like though. I am not saying that was the case here, I am just saying I look for a solid base for a character rather than any sort of length for the app.