A Little Proposal [knight, Cross Stitch]

knight

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly Dash

Holly trotted out of the woods casually. The previous day she had shown her Griffon uhm....well, he wouldn't be a coltfriend....birdfriend? She shook the thought off. Lover? She blushed and coughed, continuing along. They had stayed at a hotel again, and she was beginning to get on herself about that. It was too expensive to be paying bits to stay in a hotel every night. She needed to get busy on putting together that big ol' stack of lumber she had near the shed. The snow was melting away, the land was officially owned by her their....there was no reason she couldn't get building. She had to tell Gladwin today. She couldn't spend any more time with him, she had to get back to doing her work, at least for a few days. The problem is, he wasn't where he was supposed to be! Holly had walked all the way to Canterlot Square when she was lost in her thoughts, where they were supposed to meet today, as the griffon said he had to run some sort of errand....she sat down on a bench with a sigh, slouching her back into the curved bench, her feat hanging over the edge as her tummy bulged out a bit, giving her a chubby appearance. She sighed. She had seen a minty colored unicorn sit like this before--the 1st place winner of the Running of the Leaves, in fact, yet...never could she figure the appeal. She rolled over and laid on her stomach like a normal pony, putting her chin on her hoof with a bored, impatient sigh.

[[ WELL! If that isn't just the most adorable thing ever. ]]

Gladwin began to seal a small box, fumbling with the tape as it stuck to his feathers and talons. He never was good with wrapping things, Hearth's Warming eve was a personal Hell to him all because of wrapping. He finally finished his work, stepping back to admire the box. It was sealed in a very clumsy manner, and looked sort of beat up. He sighed, but picked the box up, it would still serve its purpose after all. He nodded with a determined look, and clutched the box to his chest, as soon as it was delivered, it would all be set in motion, and then, there would be no stopping it. He took a deep breath, and then took to the skies from his perch, high atop a building in Canterlot.

He flew very high, almost near the clouds, trying to keep out of sight. He gradually got closer to the park, the place he had told Holly to be. He spied her multi-colored mane easily, a mane that unique was hard to forget after all. He lined the drop up, closing one eye to better judge the angle. His eagle eyes squinted, confirming the trajectory, and finally he let the package go.

It fell quickly, tumbling through the air. As soon as it left his talons, Gladwin sped off into the distance. He had a job to do, and hopefully he bought himself enough time for it.

The box landed in front of Holly, missing her by barely an inch. On the box was a white tag reading:

"To: Holly From: Gladwin" Beside his name, the griffin had made a crude drawing of himself.

Inside the box was a letter, the rest was filled with a few stones so it wouldn't flutter away in the wind. The note read:

"Hey, Holly! I hope the package made it to you OK, and I hope you're having a great day!

You're probably wondering where I'm at right now... Well, that's a secret, so I put together a game for you to play. All you have to do is follow the clues, and then you'll find me... If you can actually finish the game that is! Haha!

On to your first clue: I left your second note in a tree. I 'tag'ged it with our initials. Good luck!

Love, Gladwin"

The note was written in the griffin's messy writing style. It could almost be considered chicken scratch. Gladwin wasn't much of a writer though, he was a drawer of maps. It sufficed though, and his writing was still legible.

All the while, Gladwin's wings carried him to a certain garden.

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly Dash

Holly jumped back as a package landed near where she was sitting, looking beat up after its long fall....as well as poorly wrapped to begin with. She smiled and sighed, knowing right away who it was from, before even looking up to see the brown shape of Gladwin zoom off in another direction. What was that goofball planning?

She magicked the box to herself, opening the package with her magic and pulling out the note within, reading it with a bemused look on her face. She furrowed her brow, and reread it again. Tag? Oh, duh. Canter Park! But...which tree there? She sighed and tucked the letter back onto the saddlebags at her waist, and jumped off the bench, trotting along and heading to Canter Park.

It was rather busy in Canterlot today, and it took a good hour before Holly got to the park, mane frizzled from pushing through crowds and shuffling through side streets and the hustle and bustle of everypony out and about. She gasped, panting softly as she entered the park--which was also busy. The playground was packed, and their were ponies everywhere. She pushed through them, making her way to the tree where she had made Colton crash, the only one that she could think of...she didn't see anything... She caught a flash of white out of the corner of her eye, and turned to see a bird carrying a piece of paper. She squinted, and could see some writing on the envelope.

"Perfect." She went chasing after the bird in frustration, running through foals and around playground equipment, trying to get in range of her magic. Finally, the frightened bird landed high, high in a tree. Darn these trees for being so tall! Holly gritted her teeth as she reached with her magic, as far up as she could, but could not quite reach the bird, "Grrr....Celestia be durned!"

She paced around the bottom of the tree, glancing up at the bird angrily, before sitting down and pouting.

) ) THWUMMMMM ( (

She looked over to the playground and saw a young foal, back feet just coming down from a humming pole, looking proud of the kick he had done as his friend toppled down from the top of the pole.

"Applejack...." she mumbled under her breath, and jumped upright, ecstatic with her epiphany, "APPLEJACK!!" She turned her rump to the tree, and rose up her rear, slamming her hooves as hard as she could onto the tree trunk. The tree shook, and the bird stumbled, but that was all it took for the note to fly free from its beak, and begin drifting towards the ground. The bird dove for it, but her magic grabbed it and yanked it down fast, and she ran away from the squawking bird, cackling victoriously, terrifying foal and pony alike. She sat down near the bridge, and opened the letter...

" It may have been a bit mean of me to make a bird carry it, but It's fine. I'm sure we're cousins somehow anyways.

You remember the park, right? It's where we played tag. I wanted to ride the swan boats, but it was way too cold out. I don't know what I was thinking, but then again it's hard for me to think clearly around you.

Your NEXT note is with a good friend, and a darn good baker. If you don't know who, then maybe you should take a further trip down memory lane.

I'll be waiting~

Love, Gladwin"

Gladwin's wings fluttered, setting him down in front of Holly's garden. He remembered the first time she brought him here, everything felt so... Calm. That feeling still lingered here, the calm, tranquil feeling. He sat for a while, watching the trees wave and listening to the wind. He shook his head violently, now wasn't the time to sit down and have a nap. He had work to do, and he had to finish it before Holly finished his 'game'. He trotted over to the pile of lumber, noticing a few pieces were moved, Holly must have wanted to start on it before Gladwin asked to meet her. This was going to be a bit harder without magic... But Gladwin had picked up a lot of knowledge on his travels, and he was positive that he could do this. Besides, it'd all be worth it. He nodded with a determined face, and set about his work.

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly, mane mussy and gnarled, and a few scuffs on her fur, tapped her lip in thought. Pony Joe's for sure, she knew....but....if Gladwin was going through all this trouble, perhaps she should stop somewhere first. She put the note in her bag and headed back to the crazy hustle and bustle of town, heading off towards a shop, where she picked up a little something special for Gladwin, before heading back out and making her way towards Pony Joe's.

The place was PACKED. Wall to wall ponies, and the proprietor of the business right in the midst of it all, running like crazy and yelling at his employees to move faster. He saw her out of the corner of his eye, and seemed to recognize her, but was gone quickly, too busy to stop and deal with something so trivial. She looked at the clock. 12:30pm. Lunch time. Everypony and their mother was here right now. She looked around. Only one table was open, and it was down to one chair. She made her way through the crowded joint and sat in the single chair, quietly fuddling around with her mane.

"Whaddya like?" She nearly jumped as a grumpy waitress approached, haggard in appearance, her hair strewn about every which way.

"Oh, um, um...Ah...uh....kiddy eclairs?" Holly managed. That wasn't what she wanted to say. She wanted to say 'THE NOTE!' but, the mare was off, grumbling about adult ponies ordering kids meals. She sighed as the eclairs arrived. She supposed she would have to wait until the rush died down. Hopefully, that would be by 1pm...

Gladwin was in a bit of a mess. He sighed, admitting that this would be a bit harder then he thought. He tapped a talon lightly against his beak, looking back and forth over the lumber here and there. Holly was a unicorn, which meant she could get this done in no time, probably. This meant that he needed the speed of a unicorn... He lightly bit the tip of his tongue, trying to think of what to do.

He curled is talon into a fist and slammed it down into the other one. If he needed the speed of a unicorn, that meant that he needed a unicorn. But who? Holy was the only unicorn Gladwin knew, but he couldn't possibly ask her to help, as it would ruin the surprise. But he DID know another unicorn! Flux! But Gladwin hadn't spoken to Flux in quite a while. His positive demeanor slowly sank back into one of defeat.

But...Maybe there was another way. His wings flared out and then began to flap, carrying him to the sky. His destination was Canterlot, he was going to need help with this project, whether it be unicorn or not, he wasn't getting this done on his own. Besides, he had all but forgotten that he had to make a quick stop by the jewelry store, there was a pickup he had waiting for him there.

As he approached the city, he looked at the clock, '12:40 PM' it read. He nodded, noting he had quite a bit of time left in the day. He decided the jeweler was the first stop.

He remembered this place, it was the same place that he picked up the locket for Holly. He walked in and the owner recognized him immediately. After some brief chit-chat, the griffin got what he came for and was on his way. His next stop, to find some helping hands. But... He had no idea WHERE to find help. His eagle eyes scanned the ground below, making sure Holly was no where around. He HAD to keep this a secret at all costs.

He landed in front of a small building, Gladwin had noticed it from the large yellow hard-hat that functioned as a large billboard. He looked behind him, making sure Holly was no where around, and then disappeared into the building.

hollydashcharacter.png

FINALLY!!!

It was nearly 2pm! Holly had finished her eclairs FOREVER ago, and was actually reading the NEWS she was so bored. Finally, the tired-looking stallion trotted over to her table, a slight smile on his face, "Uh...sorry about the wait, Holly."

She was a little surprised he knew her name, "Oh it's....uh...it's no problem...uh..." Holly smiled kindly, if not awkwardly, "...Joe."

He chuckled. Everypony thought his name was funny. Even he did. He reached around and pulled an envelope, stained with some spilt coffee and smelling of sugar, from his apron pocket, "Sorry it's a little messy. Hopefully the ink didn't run."

She waited until he waved and moved off before she opened the envelope and dove into the letter...

"You remember Pony Joe's then, it was the first place we met, and I guess you could call it our first date. I remember you almost choking here too, and I got a kiss on the cheek for trying to help.

But, I assume you're ready for your next clue; The next note is outside of Canterlot. It's where our first 'house' was. You remember where that was right? I'm sure your pal Buck could show you if you forgot.

Yours truly ~

Gladwin"

Gladwin had finally got some helpers together, even if it did drain the last few of his bits. He made a mental note to make some copies of his Canterlot maps to sell later, maybe Flux would be interested in one? He nodded and began to flap his wings. He glided lazily in the sky, and two strong looking pegasi, as well as a sophisticated looking unicorn, joined him. They were extremely nice, and after Gladwin explained his idea and situation, they even offered a discount as well as a helping hoof. Gladwin nodded to them all, so happy to finally have his idea coming to life. The griffin took an odd route out of Canterlot, carefully avoiding any points that would be close to where he left a note for Holly.

After come careful maneuvering, the entourage was out of the gates and well on their way to Holly's garden. Gladwin couldn't stop smiling the whole time, and every time he felt the package in his saddlebag slap against his flank, he got even more excited, and nervous. He didn't want to admit it, but his nerves WERE beginning to build up. He put a talon over his chest, trying to still his beating heart. It was no use though, nothing could calm him down. Maybe the work he was about to do could at LEAST get his mind off things.

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly sighed, remembering...not so fondly, when she had almost drowned outside of Canterlot. Now that she thought about the note, she began to wonder. Where on earth was her dog? Perhaps he was off with Gladwin...she just hoped he hadn't gotten lost....

She debated whether or not to head outside of Canterlot, or whether she would seek the dog. Thinking back, she hadn't seen the animal since early in the morning...when she and Gladwin had taken separate paths. She had been so caught up in finding notes, she hadn't noticed when he was no longer with her this morning in the square. The more she thought about it, the more she worried.

'Calm down, Holly...he's fine....he's just....with Gladwin somewhere, right?' She took a few deep breaths, fighting back the tears that came to her eyes, "Yeah, he's fine. Fine! Ah got clues to get!"

Forcing the thought away, she headed out of Canterlot, quick on her hooves. As she got out to the sunny fields of Canterlot, she looked everywhere to find the note, and off, far in the distance, in the center of the not-so frozen lake, was a certain black dog, paddling about like he was having the time of his life, the ball of some fillies in his jowels, "BUCK!"

She galloped the long distance to the lake remarkably fast, again her natural ability for speed coming into play as she ran towards her swimming pet, arriving just as he got out of the water and shook off onto the squealing fillies, "Miss, is this yur doggy? He's fun! Can we have a ride?"

Holly laughed, and nodded, "Of course you can! He loves kids...in fact...he loves everypony! Well....cept for this one mare in Canterlot with a chihuahua......" she shook off the memory of the dog growling at the stranger, "But that's not ya'll, so he'd love to give ya'll a ride!"

Just as the fillies were clambering onto the dog, she noticed the sealed barrel around his neck, and smiled. Gladwin was smarter than he looked! She magicked the collar off the dog, just to slip the barrel off, and open the letter, glancing back and forth from it to the dog as it gave the children rides....

"Buck sure was a hero wasn't he? He saved me AND you from freezing. I'm sorry I couldn't have saved you myself that day, but I'll get stronger, and I'll protect you, I promise.

There's something we need to talk about, but only if you win this game of hide and seek!

You're getting close though, just two more clues to go! Here's your next one:

You're no square, but the clue is in one. It's in the center of one actually. It may be in a wet place though. It's where we met Colton and Flux for a double date ."

Gladwin and his crew had finally arrived at the pile of lumber with their own tools and also some extra wood that they gathered in town. They set everything down and looked over it, together they all gave a nod of determination and they set about their work.

The two burly pegasi taught Gladwin proper building techniques, how to build walls, how to build a roof, and how to make sure it was all supported properly. They taught him how to use this tool and that tool, and even how to lift heavy things without hurting yourself. Even though they had a very tough and hard outer appearance, they were very kind and helpful, and even had a soft-spot for Gladwin and his love-sick self.

The unicorn also taught Gladwin how to visualize and plan things out, and even how to draw better! The unicorn elegantly planned the house out on a piece of paper, sketching this and that and changing it at Gladwin's whim. Together, they planned out a beautiful and amazing house.

Now that everything was planned out, they all set to work. Gladwin noticed it was getting late, and that Holly would find the last clue any moment now. He paid the crew and sent them on their way, confident that he could finish up on his own. Most of it was finished anyways, there were just a few finishing touches he had to add. His muscles ached, and he felt exhausted, but the jostle of Holly's gift in his saddlebag gave him a second wind, and he went to work.

[[i don get it. O_o]]

Holly was certainly confuzzled by this clue...a square? A wet place? She didn't quite get it...the hot spring, maybe?

It being the only thing she could think of, she headed into town, calling Buck after herself, and waving a hoof at the fillies. She trotted into town, unsure whether or not she was going the right way. She trotted into the inn curiously, looking around for the twin innkeepers. She wasn't 100% certain on this clue, so she was hoping to ask them if Gladwin had come through here.

"Excuse me? Innkeepers?" She called softly, wary of the completely empty inn.

While she waited for a response, she tried to rethink the letter, and pulled it out of her pack once more, and unfolded it again, and noticed that the bottom of the letter had an ever-so-tiny crease in it. Upon pulling the tiny crease open, she found the additional mention on the note:

It's where we met Colton and Flux for a double date ."

Holly squinted at the note incredulously. DUH! The fountain! How could she be so stupid!

"C'mon, buck!" She flipped on her rear hooves and ran out of the inn, galloping off towards the fountain, the dog loping along behind her, panting softly. FINALLY, she arrived at the fountain, and looked around everywhere. She searched high and low, watched for ponies that looked like they may be part of this...checked the figures in the statue. She was just about to give up when a glimmer of setting sunlight gave a flash of light to something at the bottom of the pool. She jumped into the fountain, not caring who saw her. Now she was dirty, mane frazzled, strung out thinner than a toothpick, and WET to top it all off. She waded towards the shimmer, and at the bottom of the pool, weighted down by a couple of bits, was a plastic baggy, with a little note inside, "URRGH!"

She dove her face into the cold water and grabbed the note before clambering out of the fountain and pulling it out of the bag with her teeth, and then magicking the letter open...

[[ Ya could of messaged me ;3 ]]

"This is where we met Colton and Flux for our double date. We went back to the Doughnut shop, and you got one heck of a hit to the noggin.

I think you're ready for your final clue though...

This is a place that's very special to you. Lot's of things grow here, and it's very peaceful. But food and plants aren't the only thing that can grow here..."

Gladwin nodded at the finished product. It looked great, and sturdy, but it did look like it needed some paint. He put a talon to his chin, wondering what colors would look nice. Of course, he would have to talk to Holly about it. He looked up at the sun, not much time left in the day. He pulled the package out of his saddlebag and clutched it tightly as his breath began to get uneven, and his heart began to beat fiercely. He had to though, he needed to. He swallowed the lump in his throat, and sat down, trying to collect his thoughts.

He was lost in his thoughts for a long time, trying to settle himself down. How long had he been sitting still? He looked up again, the sun had moved a bit, Holly would be here any minute now.

[[but...that doesn't affect my post count, silly!]]

Holly sighed with relief as she read the letter. Finally! Back to the garden! She bet the griffon had some sort of special dinner created...or maybe a fun evening planned...or maybe he'd bought her another pendant! She loved the one she got for Hearth's Warming. It was so sweet!

But, boy was she tired! Her mane was a wreck, her nerves were fried, and her brain was frazzled. She called to the dog with a sigh, "Bucky.....can mama have a ride?"

She made a pouty face, and the dog trotted over to her, allowing her to climb up on his back, "Just till we get out of Canterlot...."

She let her hooves swing down at the dogs sides, and the dog loped down the streets of Canterlot calmly, panting lazily. As the woods neared, Holly slipped off of him and trotted next to him, making her way through the trees confidently, towards the site that was her garden.

She stopped just short of the garden. She saw something poking up above the trees. Was that...a roof? Well, it didn't have all it's shingles yet, but it was definitely a roof....had she gotten lost somehow? She supposed she hadn't been paying much attention, but she knew the route by heart. She trotted forward more slowly, careful that she might be trespassing on somepony's property.

Then her garden came into view....and....as she peered around the tree line, a house--a naked house--rose up before her. It didn't have window panes, shingles or even siding yet. But there it was. An adorable, wooden, house.

"Wh...what....what is this...?" her lower legs caved and she stared dumbfounded at the home, not even noticing as Buck wiggled past her and headed for Gladwin. Her forehooves, too, began to slowly slip down in front of her, her eyes quivering with shock, and her mouth agape. She could think of nothing else to do but cry. She hicced, and buried her face between her forehooves, sobbing quietly.

[[ You double-poster! Grrr! ]]

Gladwin smiled, and began to slowly walk toward Holly, every muscle in him screamed to stay still, but he couldn't.

"Hey, I may not be the best, builder, but you don't have to cry." He laughed warmly, which had a hint of weakness to it. "I hope you had fun today, because this was all a pain to put together..." He laughed again, this time, it had a tinge of nervousness to it. He scratched the back of his head and looked away, trying to look everywhere except at Holly herself. He had a horrible blush on his face. "I hope you like it."

His talon clutched hard at the package in his talon as he looked straight down at his trembling talon. His whole body felt like shaking, but he kept it to a minimum. "There's... Something... I was wanting... To talk to you about..." His eyes darted back and forth, and his voice quivered, "But I need ya to stop crying for a sec." He laughed again, and wiped a tear from her eye, "What's wrong?"

"Stupid..."Holly sniffled, and stood up, running up to the griffon and putting her front hooves on him, and pounded them on him repeatedly--not hard enough to hurt, just wimpy, sobby hits, "Stupid, stupid, stupid!! Why..."

She leaned her head against his fluffy chest with a light 'poff', shoulders quivering as she continued to cry, "Why would you do something so sweet?"

She slipped off his chest, coming back down to four legs, and her rump slouched to the ground. She began to openly sob now, wailing as tears streamed down her face. After a good long wail, she managed to gasp and sniff her way back into focusing on the griffon, rubbing her eyes with her hooves in vain, as tears were coming down faster than she could catch them, "Ah....why'd you have to.....Ah already.....you big dope!...."

She couldn't stop the tears from rolling, but she managed to sniffle up enough to stop hyperventalating and look at the griffon, "Guh--go....go head. Say what you have to say...."

Tears still rolled down her cheeks like waterfalls, but she held back the sobs as she looked at the griffon, eyes glimmering as she bawled.

Gladwin smiled, he lifted the package up, holding it right in front of him.

"Holly, I've been all over Equestria, and I've seen it all..." His voice no longer shook, he wasn't thinking about what to say, but was instead pouring his heart out, "But you... You're something different. You made me stay, made me want to be with you, made me want you..." He smiled and looked straight at Holly, he put one of his talons on her shoulder, a tear could be seen in the corner of his eye, "Holly, you are the most amazing pony I've ever met, you're beautiful, you're fun, you're energetic, you're... You."

His gaze fell down to the box in front of him. He laid on his stomach and opened it with his beak, inside was a gorgeous gold ring that shone with a bright intensity. The reflections of the forest around them was captured perfectly in its flawless surface, "Holly Dash, I want to be with you forever... Will... Will you marry me...?" He looked up with a hopeful grin on his face.

• Like 1

Holly could no longer hold back the flood of tears that she had been clamping behind tightly shut eyelids. The tears fell quietly down her face, and she bit her lip, forcing herself not to wail or sob, she nodded yes as she cried quietly, looking at the ring with glimmering violet orbs, the river of tears that slid down her face accompanied by a speechless smile.

"Yes...." She managed to choke out as she nodded, and giggled as she said the word, and put her hoof to her chest, trying to calm herself as she reached with her other hoof and touched the beautiful ring, "Yes.....yes...."

She could manage no other words as she stared, wide-eyed at the ring before her, and moved her violet eyes to meet Gladwin's handsome blue ones, "Are....are ya.....are ya sure...you want....me?"

Gladwin rose up, smiling widely. Everything felt right to him, like there was nothing to worry about. A huge wave of relief hit him, it felt like the wave itself carried away every fear of the world with it. He didn't have to be alone anymore, he could have her, forever.

He nodded slowly, "Of course... I told you a long time ago that I wanted you forever..." He was of course talking about when they almost froze. He swore to her then and there that he would always be there for her, and that he would never leave her side. He promised to her today that he would be stronger, and that he would take care of her. He had so many promises to her that he wanted to keep, and he intended to do so.

One of his arms rose up and ran his talon softly through her mane, following it with his eyes. "I love you Holly, I always have... " His eyes began to water again, but he didn't bother to stop the tears. A small sob attempted to escape, but he barely held it back. Staring at her, the mare of his dreams, his future wife, he couldn't hold himself back. He moved forward quickly and took her into his arms, hugging her tightly. He rested his head atop of hers, enjoying the warmth of her head against his neck. She was always warm, always smelt the same, strawberries of course. He could get used to waking up to that.

[[i just realized...I've totally been spacing out writing in her accent....*will go back to redo all posts*]]

Holly found herself giggling with glee as she burrowed her face into Gladwin's fluffy chest. She loved him soooo much!

She smiled up at him. She felt all warm and fuzzy inside as she looked at him, "Ah love you...." She reached up and rubbed her nose against his beak, feeling positively giddy with emotion, "Ah love you, Ah love you, Ah love you~!" She gave him a hard kiss on the lips, smothering him with cuddles and snuggles, "Ah can't believe Ah'm gettin' MARRIEEED!!!"

She hopped up and down, mane and tail bouncing as she jumped up and down. She jerked suddenly to a halt in mid-jump, and came to the ground with a serious expression on her face, "Ah gotta tell mah parents. They ain't even met ya!"

She bit her lip, looking a little nervous at the prospect, "Ah s'pose...that means...Ah gotta meet yurs, too...."

Gladwin's smile froze in place. In fact, his entire body had froze. It was like the whole world just cracked. He hadn't thought of that at all, "Your...Parents?" He laughed nervously. His body kickstarted itself and began to come back to life. He could feel his heart racing and his nerves shaking. He had never met her parents, yet he was about to show up and tell them he was marrying their daughter. And he was a griffin, as if matters weren't bad enough. "Of course! Right."

Another thought began to slowly boil up though. HIS parents. His eyes narrowed as he looked down, unsure of how to take that. Should they tell his aunt and uncle, who was basically his parents? Or should they go to Talonpolis and try to hunt down his real mom and dad? He had never met them after he was abandoned after all. He nodded, deciding it was a good idea to let all four of them know. His nervousness slowly disappeared and gave way to a new emotion. He couldn't tell what it was, but it was scary. Fear? Was that it? No, it wasn't fear. It was LIKE fear mixed with excitement though.

He shook his head, now was the time for joy! His smile slowly came back, "We'll tell them, for sure! But, how about we start tomorrow?" Gladwins legs wobbled, "I'm... 'plum tuckered.'" He winked at Holly as he mimicked her accent, laughing warmly as he did.

• 3 weeks later...