W&D S01EP21 - Over a Barrel [part 2 now active!]

Tam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hi

The part about Fluttershy being a tree was absolutely hysterical!

As for Pinkie Pie's song not working, I wonder if it was part of a hidden moral that; when people aren't listening, you need more than words. I feel like there was something else to this episode that just keeps slipping from my grasp.

As for Pinkie Pie's song not working, I wonder if it was part of a hidden moral that; when people aren't listening, you need more than words. I feel like there was something else to this episode that just keeps slipping from my grasp.

OR

that you just have to shut up if people are making faces like this

shot0002n.png

:lol::lol::lol:

but yeah, Pinkie was cute as hell on that outfit :D

Yeah, the song was definately meant to be slightly off - it's just Pinkie trying to make things better all on her own, which in this case wasn't really the appropriate thing to do...and they can't get across that the song was AWFUL if the viewer themselves 'enjoy it'' since that kinda takes the sheen off the point that, well, it was meant to be an awful song. :D

I love the intro! Applejack loves her trees so much. The fact that she named it Bloomburg was just hilarious. I love that the other ponies and Spike called it Bloomburg, too. XD

Rarity was whining a bit, but you may notice she didn't get what she wanted with it. I think Rarity is just used to the finer things in life; she can get a bit fussy at times. I think it's consistent with her character. I still love her, though!

I loved the entire dialog the ponies had in the dark! XD

Brayburn was great. I loved all the puns. Horse-Drawn Carriages, Horse-Drawn-Horse-Drawn Carriages, Wild West Dancing, Mild West Dancing. So many puns. So silly! =)

I do like how they handled the Buffalo. Lauren Faust said they had make revisions according to a Native American consultant's notes. It's funny how the daughter(?) of the chieftain and Brayburn were already willing to talk with each other, but AJ and Rainbow Dash got into a hot-headed fight with each other. (I can totally see that happening with those too, especially after Fall Weather friends. I have some friends who are fiercely competitive with each other, but don't let that get in the way of their friendship.)

And Pinkie Pie's song. It's not awesome but I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT. @_@ And that outfit, haha!

pinkiepiewereallvegetar.png

It's actually kind of nice to see Pinkie Pie not save the day in this episode. She just made things worse! I think it actually helps her as a character. Nopony can be right all the time. :D

That epic pie fight. XD

Overall it wasn't the best episode at all, but certainly not the worst. I can't think of an episode that didn't make me smile or laugh. I'd still call it a success. :D

I'll be honest. I was hoping for a lot more screen time with Applejack. I kind of wanted the main cast to be more involved in resolving the issue of the episode, but I'm thinking maybe that was one of the revisions the Native American consultant had suggested. Rather than have the decision made for the buffalo, the buffalo themselves came up with the resolution. I don't have a problem with that in and of itself, mind you. It makes sense. :)

hi hi

I think I've figured it out! ...the element that I was missing I mean. They foreshadowed the resolution way in advance when Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were brought to the buffalo camp.

Spike says that the buffalo respect dragons, but ponies not so much when he is given a delicious bowl of turquoise and the other two are given mushy slop. So in the context of this episode, giving good food is a sign of genuine respect. So it is no coincidence that giving good food is part of the solution, because it is a way for the settler ponies to show that they genuinely respect their neighbors.

So in the context of this episode, giving good food is a sign of genuine respect. So it is no coincidence that giving good food is part of the solution, because it is a way for the settler ponies to show that they genuinely respect their neighbors.

I wonder if that is a tradition of respect that is applied or used over wider Equestria and between the ponies themselves, it would make a lot of sense in the context of previous episodes. Heck in the first episode, Applejack and her extended family wanted to make Twilight feel welcome by feeding her just about everything they had. :D

hi hi

I think I've figured it out! ...the element that I was missing I mean. They foreshadowed the resolution way in advance when Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were brought to the buffalo camp.

Spike says that the buffalo respect dragons, but ponies not so much when he is given a delicious bowl of turquoise and the other two are given mushy slop. So in the context of this episode, giving good food is a sign of genuine respect. So it is no coincidence that giving good food is part of the solution, because it is a way for the settler ponies to show that they genuinely respect their neighbors.

Holy horse apples that's deep... kinda wish I'd thought of that.

Oh man this was awesome! I've been itching for a 'Wild West' style episode for some time now! Finally, I have something to run on for a character Ive been working on for RoughRider Ridge! This was a pretty damn cute episode too! I loved the buffalo! And who in the world did the chief's voice!? I KNOW I've heard it somewhere before! My mind kept screaming "WARCRAFT, HE'S IN WoW SOMEWHERE!" But I think I was just going to that because of the Tauren and their similarities to the buffalo/natives. And Applejack, I love her more and more with each episode!

I actually texted my friend who loves Pinkie Pie to tell her about the episode and the song.

During it I couldn't help but think "This is a TERRIBLE song..." but then, that would appear to be the point.

Nice to know that they can make terrible music as well as good when they put their minds to it. XD

But yeah, Pinkie's outfit had my jaw drop and thank that no child growing up today will actually know what that's referencing when they see the episode. :shock:

Then again, ONLY Pinkie would have the 'balls' to wear something like that. XD

Hahaha! I love Pinkie's outfit! Well, thats the outfit that a saloon gal wore back then so it should be acceptable. Although, of course, there are some people out there who are gonna nit-pick at it but whatever, right?

But I do have to admit, that was one of the worst Pinkie songs ever. It goes into the same barrel with the Zecora one, but that one only sounded cool when Flutter'guy' sang it.

hi hi

except ponies dont eat jewels.

hi hi

Yes, ponies don't eat jewels, but Rainbow Dash wouldn't touch the slop, it was visually unappealing (complete with stink lines and everything) and nobody seemed to care whether they liked it or not. Pinkie Pie is a special case who eats cupcakes with hot sauce, the fact that she liked it almost counts against it. :D

I loved this episode xD I loved the whole....Wild West sort of thing, and the 'Native Americans'. Did anyone catch the name of Applejack's cousin, or the chief buffalo? I'd love to play either of them.

Braeburn, and he is the first regular I am tempted to try out for here, :D