[Appleloosa] Lucky's Workshop (Open for everyone)

Mojo

"Oh that would be lovely, Double M, thank you!" Louise squealed, clapping her two front hooves together in excitement.

"Oh, you mares and yur shoes," Doc Holly Day laughed.

"And what's THAT supposed to mean, doc?'

"Oh now, I meant no offense, Miss LaMare, but it seems ta me you women folk worry a tad bit too much about fashion. Guys like me jist stick on our shoes and go! Don't care much what color they are."

"Well, you SHOULD! Stallions need to care more about how they look. What do the rest of you here think?" Louise asks all the other ponies.

"Can't answer that, I'm a buffalo," ThunderClap said with a smile.

OOC: I may be out oto turn, but the story seems stalled.

BIC: Double M turned to LaMare and said "Let's see what we can do for you Ma'am. You asked about colors. I can dye the metal to many shades, just tell me what color you prefer. With that he pulled out a color chart and showed it to the authoress Mare.

He then turned to Thunderclap and said, Stampeding every year must be hard on your hooves. Ever considered a set of custom made metal shoes?

Madam Bistro giggled "I do think the boys here in town could do with some flash on their hooves. Look at Maximillian's clothes and hoofwear sometime in comparison. Perhaps you could talk the sherrif into getting silver plated shoes to complete the look of his badge?"

Lightning horn mooed in thought after the buffalo had tried to stay out of the shoe argument, but were offered special shoes for stampedes. "I am afraid I would have to pass on such an experiment. My father would want me to keep my bare hooves in contact with the earth so I can feel it's flow."

(OOC: There are shoes for bovine types. I've seen video from India of leaf shaped plates being nailed to each half of a cloven hoof for oxen pulling carts on paved streets)

Double M nodded in understanding at the buffalo's remarks. . I would never wish to interfere with tradition

When Told about other stallions who might be candidates for new shoes, His ears perked up and he thought of a good sales pitch for them and others. He had Ms Bistro as an example and once she picked her color, and ever better demonstration of his skill with Ms Lamare

Appalossa was becoming a very good place to spend some time

"You do have a point, Madam Bistro," Louise LaMare agreed. "Color coordinated hoofwear would brighten the look of all Appleoosans, colt and filly alike! I could see my Sheriff... I mean.. Sheriff Silverstar decked out in fine looking silver colored horseshoes."

"Beggin' yur pardon, Miss LaMare," Doc Holly Day began to speak, "but I do know the coltfolk of our town, and I don't think any of them would consider colored horseshoes to be, well, fashionable to wear. They could picture'm on mare, but not stallions."

"Your idea fascinates me, sir," ThunderClap said to Double M, "we buffalo DO trot hard during our annual stampeding time. I cannot speak for all in my herd, but I can say that I would be willing to try them on my own hooves."

"You see, Doc? Even ThunderClap here can see the value of practical hoofwear, why can't you?"

"Didn't say I didn't, ma'am, but I'm tellin' ya, it'll be hard to sell our stallions on the idea of colored coordinated horseshoes."

"Well, I'm certainly willing to try!"

(OOC: aside from being AFK much of the weekend.. oops, thought it was your turn :blush: )

Madam Bistro giggled as she examined her new shoes and sat down to watch Louise pick out a color. "I can easily see Hoity-Toity being swayed to try colored shoes. but outside of celebrations I can imagine it might be a hard sell to stallions in a frontier town. Of course, ponies can surprise you. Maybe if we work on getting the sherrif to try silvery shoes...?"

Lighting Horn rumbled a chuckle "I hope Little Braveheart does not join forces with these mares. There's no telling what they could talk buffalo and pony alike into doing.."

(OOC: aside from being AFK much of the weekend.. oops, thought it was your turn :blush: )

Madam Bistro giggled as she examined her new shoes and sat down to watch Louise pick out a color. "I can easily see Hoity-Toity being swayed to try colored shoes. but outside of celebrations I can imagine it might be a hard sell to stallions in a frontier town. Of course, ponies can surprise you. Maybe if we work on getting the sherrif to try silvery shoes...?"

Lighting Horn rumbled a chuckle "I hope Little Braveheart does not join forces with these mares. There's no telling what they could talk buffalo and pony alike into doing.."

Metal Maker could no believe the business leads he was getting. And call for colored Horseshoes for Stallions yet!

"Folks, I can make colored horseshoes for everyone but I might try with Miss La Mare first and see how they go over. Silver ones for the sheriff to reinforce his responsibilityy would be a great idea. On Others, it might be a hard sell.

He liked the idea of expanding his business to the buffalo also. He wondered who this Little Braveheart was and decided to track him down. He sounded like a heck of a salesman.

In the meantime, he waited for Miss La Mare to pick out a color and show off his new creations. Nothing sells like a satisfied customer. Yes Appalossa was fast becoming a favorite place on his travels.

"Wonderful!" Louise neighed, clapping her front hooves together happily.

"Well, all this sounds well and good, but Miss LaMare, perhaps we better see if there's anything else we can do to help the propriater of this establishment." Doc Holly Day said.

"Oh my! That's right! I forgot all about that! We do need to finish helping him with this shop opening!"

"Indeed Lightning Horn," Thunderclap said to his fellow buffalo. "Though I cannot imagine the sight of her wearing such things on her hooves myself."

• 2 weeks later...