[Cloudsdale] Friends In The Clouds [Open]

(OOC: Since this thread seems to have gone moribund, I'm writing my character out and free for the others.)

Cloudius woke up in a place smelling of antiseptic and boredom. A bed in a room that was in a hospital, if the bed next to him with the bandaged and splinted up guy in the bed next to him was any indication. He felt very weak but he could move his head around, and saw, written in felttip on the side of the bedside table facing him, 'RD was here!' and a cloud and lightning bolt cutie-mark. Getting up was beyond his capabilities, but he goit himself into a more comfortable position.

The doctor walked in and pulled a clipboard from his saddlerbag. "Well, it seems you're finally awake. Welcome back!"

"Uhhh... What happened, I mean I know what happened, but what else happened, and why am I so weak, my wings feel like dishrags and... oh my gosh, what about the cloud?"

"Calm down, and we'll handle one thing at a time." the doctor said reassuringly. "You're suffering from almost complete magical exhaustion. According to your friends, you did something to that living cloud,and pushed every bit of magic you had into it, including the stuff that normally maintains your natural abilities. That's why you're here in Ponyville General rather than Cloudsale, you'd need the special ward as right now you can't fly or walk on clouds."

"I'm... grounded?" Cloudius asked horrified.

"Not permanently, you're magic's coming back in, but you'll need a week of complete rest. As for this cloud you're friends talked about, it survived, whatever that means, but it was a lot more peaceful."

Cloudius let out a sigh of relief. "Then it worked..."

"What worked?" In through the door came a white pegasus stallion with a blue mane and a solar shield cutie-mark, a pink pegasus mare with a blond mane done up in a pony-tail, and a sea-griffon who was almost the mare's size. The guy had spoken, but the griffon bounded forward, "Big brother!"

She was slowed but not stopped by the mare grabbing her tail gently, which just meant she was being pulled along. The Doctor said, "Now don't disturb him, he'd very weak still. I can only let you have a few minutes."

"Hi mom, dad, sis... I guess you want to know what went on."

"That would be an excellent idea." The mare smiled.

One explanation later, he finished with. "... so i had to do something, it would have destroyed Cloudsdale before it dissapated, but it was alive too, and I didn't want it to die. It wasn't evil, just hungry. The hungrier it got, the more furious it got, and the more it raged, using up more magic and getting even hungrier. So I broke the cycle, fed it some of my own magic, but with a twist that would break the cores where the magic was concentrating. That broke it and it started to collapse, but then I added a second twist, to restore them at a lower level. That's what took it out of me."

He sighed. "From what I've heard it worked. It's still alive, but as a harmless Cumulos Mediocritis, and I limited it's intake so there's no way it can grow to it's old size. I know I took risks, and I was really scared, but like you always say dad, 'Custodes Solis et Lunae'. There are times when someone has to risk themselves to protect others, and this was one of those times."

The big stallion had listened impassively, but finally spoke. "You shouldn't need to make those choices yet, and I'm not happy that you got yourself hurt. Did you think what your mother and I would feel like if you died?"

Seeing the pegasus colt drooping he added. "However, I am proud that you did what you did, even if I am unhappy, and in your place I might well have done the same thing, if I'd had your knowledge of clouds."

That perked Cloudius up, and Clawee gave a big smile. "My big brother is a hero!"

His mother hugged gently him. but said sternly. "Now you're going to get your rest, and we'll talk about this some more later."

But her words fell on sleeping ears, asCloudius had fallen back into a slumber in his mother's hooves.

Pixie Parcel was back at work. She had full saddle bags today. Her load may have seemed heavy. But the mare managed it perfectly fine. She kept thinking about Cloudius. She knew he was going to be okay, but the mare couldn't stop worrying about him. She passed a letter through a letter box. She was at the local prankster's house. This time, when she touched the letter box, she recieved a small electric shock that made her mane stand on end. The mare didn't care. It was just a prank. She moved onto the next house and let out a gentle sigh. 'I wish Cloudius was up here... We could be laughing and joking right now.' Pixie thought as she continued on in her line of work.

(OOC: Well if you want to keep Cloudius here, I know Sky could visit him in the hospital.)

Sky was flying again through the area. He was back to his usual routine of helping foals learn how the fly. On his break he flew about the town when he saw a familiar face of Pixie Parcel. He remembered the adventure that he had with Cloudius, Pixie, Firefly, and Silver in fighting against the giant cloud creature. It was a very dangerous and daring time, and very very cool too! Sky never felt the adrenaline he got saving his town from impending doom. Of course he wasn't sure if he wanted to be in that situation all the time, as that would land him in the hospital alot.

The hospital... he remembered getting Cloudius there. After that the ponies he met all went about their separate ways. Maybe he should go see him. But first he wanted to talk to Pixie.

"Hi there Pixie," Sky said as he flew with her so that she didn't have to stop what she was doing, "Nice to see a familiar face, especially after that crazy time. I still can't believe it that we stopped that thing, can you?"

(OoC: You can keep him in, I know I wasnt too active near the end but I just couldnt think of anything...)

Silverbolt was still grounded with his wing in a full cast now after visiting Ponyville General for an exam to see if he could fly. The x-rays showing multiple injuries besides the broken bone. He had several green stick fractures and a big bruise to boot. He was walking out of his mother's dental clinic when he looked up at Cloudsdale and sighed, head drooping as he remembered he couldn't go home yet, at least not for another week. "Maybe I should visit Cloudius in the hospital and bring him something.", he said to himself aloud. This thought made him smile as he went back into the clinic and grabbed a few caramel apples and put them in a basket.

"No... I can't..." Pixie replied in a dull tone.

She knew that hiding her feelings solved nothing. She was worried and she just wanted to be told that everything would be okay. The mare cared a great deal about the friends she had made. It didn't matter to her that they had all disbanded after the unusual incident. The mare thought about all of them. Pixie Parcel remembered that day well. She cried for him. Pixie really cared. On that day, she thought she was going to lose him. Even though he had survived, Pixie still worried. She always worried about those who she cared for. But she never had shown it very much before. This time, she had decided to let it show.

Sky saw that Pixie was not her happy self. She must have been thinking about that day and especially about Cloudius.

"You're thinking of Cloudius, aren't you? Me too. That pony sure was brave to just fly up there and defat that cloud thing all by himself. I hope he's alright. I've seen pegasus ponies get pretty hurt when falling or crashing into things, but never losing their ability to fly or walk on clouds."

He pasused, thinking he shouldn't say anymore as this would upset Pixie. Then he had a thought.

"Hey, why don't we go visit Cloudius in the hospital. I'm sure he'll want some company after being there."

Silverbolt came out of the dental clinic, a basket of caramel apples on his back as he looked in the sky and saw 2 familiar pegasaiin flight. "Hey Sky and Pixie! It's Silverbolt! Are you guys going to see Cloudius too!? Do you think you could walk there with me as my wing is in a cast'", he waved a hoof and smiled as he continued up the lane.

The mare knew she wanted to see Cloudius. But she was working. "I want to see him... But I have my job to finish. I'll be around later though." Pixie Parcel spoke in a gentle tone. Her eyes were starting to water. The pegasus wanted to fly to Cloudius' side. But, she couldn't. Pixie felt as though she was betraying her firend. She looked to the others. "Tell him that I haven't forgotten about him... I don't want him to think I've abandond him."

Sky then saw another familiar face in the form of Silbverbolt. The pony had a wing in a sling and asked if the two were going to see Cloudius. As much as Sky preferred flying to walking, he didn't want to have a friend feel alone.

"Sure I can walk with you Silverbolt to meet Cloudius at the hospital."

Then Pixie mentioned how due to her job she couldn't come too. "Ah don't worry Pixie. Cloudius knows you'll see him when you can. He's not going to be upset."

(OOC: I'm going to have to bow Firefly out as well. She's not quite the visiting type. :P Thanks to you all for an awesome RP though.)

After the pegasi had brought Cloudius safely to the hospital in Ponyville and been promptly shooed out my nurses and doctors, Firefly had stepped out of the waiting room and into the crisp air of the town. She had lingered far too long already, as her schedule-oriented mind continually insisted. The colt was in good hooves and Cloudsdale had been saved from that cloud creature; she had no reason to remain with the group of pegasi. The pink pony was a solitary one by nature and, though they had been a nice group, she couldn't help but feel slightly alienated from them. They were just so open with their feelings, so young and full of dreams. It made her think too much of the past, which was not something she wanted to do. Even just their brief meeting had changed her in some indescribable way. It was far too dangerous for her to let down the walls she created when she became a Shadowbolt.

Before taking off, she trotted back into thehospital and left her apologies with the group, saying that she really had to be going and to give Cloudius her best when he woke. With that taken care of, Firefly returned to the spot where she had been pondering moments before. After a moment's hesitation, in which she considered that perhaps she could afford to lower those walls and that she could stay with these dreamers and be one of them again. Then, the moment had passed and she was in the air, speeding back toward Cloudsdale. They're a brave bunch, she thought, I hope they get what they're looking for, they certainly deserve it.

Silverbolt looked at Sky and smiled as Sky landed next to him and began walking with him. "Thank you for walking with me. My wing still hurts, I have about another week to go before I am cleared for basic flight.", he replied to Sky. He continued up the lane towards the hospital as he accidentally bumped his wing into another pony. This caused Silverbolt to let out a pained hiss and a single tear ran down his face. "I think it's time for another dose of medicine.", he said as he checked his saddlebag. "OH NO! I forgot to pack it with me!", he said in shock.

Sunrise Wisp had just finished up with cleaning her operating theater and had seen her son come in and grab some apples but forgot his medicine. "Oh, is he going to visit Cloudius? I better get his medicine to him as it's been a few hours since he last took one of Dr. Heart's pain capsules...", she said to herself as she picked up the bottle and rushed out of the clinic. She shouted, "YOU FORGOT YOUR MEDICINE!", as she flew after her son.

(OOC: Um, looks like just you and me Silver until Stainless returns)

Sky walked with Silverbolt down the road through Ponyville. He wondered how earth ponies and unicorns did it, having to weave through crowds of ponies.

Suddenly he heard Silverbolt wince in pain as most likely a pony bumped into his sore wing. He thought he had some pain medication in his bag but to his dismay he didn't.

"Don't worry, Silver. I'm sure you'll get some medicine soon."

Before Silver could answer, Sky heard a pony yelling, but Sky had no idea who was yelling, to whom the pony was yelling to, or where this pony was.

(OOC: Well, since Cloudius is stuck in bed, he won't be participating until someone actually gets to his room.)

Cloudius was bored. His family had brought him a number of his favourite books, but they couldn't stay there continuously, and you could only do so much reading before youwanted to do something else. Normally, he'd while away some time sculpting, but his winfgs were still almost useless, and he currently couldn't raise enough cloud to make a cloud-ball, let alone anything bigger.

Silverbolt was about to respond to Sky when he heard the shout. Recognizing the voice, he smiled and said to Sky, "That's Sunrise... She must have seen me take the apples from her clinic.". He continued to walk but it was getting harder to ignore the searing pain that bump had caused.

Sunrise managed to catch up and landing next to Sky and Silverbolt said, "Hello, Sky. I see you are accompanying my son to visit Cloudius.". She smiled as she looked at her son and said, "You forgot your medicine.". Holding the bottle out to her son and Silverbolt taking it, she said, "I can't come along, I still have patients that will be there any minute now.".

She waved a hoof and carefully hugged Silverbolt before flying back towards home.

Sky saw another familiar face approaching. It was Sunrise, Silver's mother. Apparantly she was calling to her son. "Hello Sunrise," Sky said, "Silver and I are going to see Cloudius." Sunrise then gave Silver his meication and flew off, leaving the two again.

"Ok then. Let's go see Cloudius. He must be getting bored at that hospital."

Silverbolt laughed and replied to Cloudius with a smile, "Actually, I was next to you for a day or two while my sling and cast hardened. You were still out cold though.". He then carefully gave Cloudius a friendly hug and said, "I brought some caramel apples for us to eat. Would you like one?". He released Cloudius and pulled the basket off his back with a hiss of pain as he brushed his injured wing with a hoof.

Sky felt a little bad that his two friends were in pain but he was barely injured from the battle with the cloud monster. He wondered if he truly stepped in to help or if he just held back. Still he was glad that they only had minor injuries and nothing worse.

"I'm glad to see you're all right, Cloudius. Oh, I did get you something too!"

With that he pulled out of his saddle bag a picture in a frame. The picture was of a Wonderbolt. On the picture was a message in black ink which read, "Keep going and never give up!"

"My father gave this to me when I was sick one time," Sky said as he looked at the picture before giving it to Cloudius, "But I think now that you should have it. Hopefully it'll help you to get better like it did for me."

Pixie had finished delivering the last of her letters. The mare returned back to the postal depot to drop off her empty sadde bags. After that was done she checked out and left the building. Pixie Parcel only wanted to go to one place. She had to see Cloudius. She worried about him so much. Pixie Parcel flew as fast as she could towards Ponyville Hospital. She nearly crashed into several buildings along the way. But she managed to fly out of the way just in time to miss each and every single one.

The mare landed outside of the hospital. She caught her breath before entering. Once inside the hospital, Pixie talked to the receptionist at the front desk. The receptionist kindly told her which room Cloudius was currently resting in. Pixie Parcel wandered around the hospital until she found the room. The mare opened the room door slowly and quietly.

"I came to visit now that I've finished work for the day." She said as she entered.

Silverbolt replied to Cloudius, "I brought them for you, of course you can have one!". He then handed an apple to Cloudius, Sky, and Pixie as she walked into the room. "Hello Pixie! Glad you could make it!", he said with a huge smile despite his pained wing.

Cloudius's mouth was full of toffee coated apple, so his "Pixie Parcel? You came too?" was a bit muffled.

He worked his way ponyfully through the mouthful of chewyness, and then spoke properly. "Wow... thank you for coming here every-pony..." Then he looked worried. "Are Firefly and Firework okay? For that matter i don't know much of anything that went on after i blacked out. Is everyone safe?"

Silverbolt was busy taking another bite of his caramel coated apple. Finishing his bite, he gave a shrug, saying, "I don't know where Firework and Firefly are, but they were perfectly healthy when we parted ways.". He then opened the bottle of medicine and took another capsule. Sighing with relief, he said to them, "That is much better. I could barely think because of how much it hurts. I actually did hurt myself more by stabilizing you Cloudius. At least that's what the doctor told me. He said I actually fractured a few more bones and that although I'll make a full recovery from this, he said if I wasn't so young, I probably would be somewhat crippled...". Silverbolt shuddered at the thought, realizing how close he had come to losing one of the joys in his life.

"I'm just glad to see you... I was worried about you. I worry about everypony I care about." Pixie spoke softly. She then looked down and said. "After the cloud incident... We all went our separate ways and didn't speak to each other for a while. I've only just started to talk to other pony folk again." The mare looked at both of her friends as she let out a gentle sight. "My father chipped his tooth when he was pulling on a vine. We were all finding things we needed to make you a stretcher and don't worry... He's okay now. He's a little embarrassed by his little accident, but fine in his self."

"Oh hi there Pixie," Sky said as the mail mare appeared. It was a reunion of sorts, but unfortunately it wasn't under the besy of circumstances as Silver was hurt and Cloudius was in the hospital.

"Wow, that's bad Silver," Sky said as he heard him talk about how his injuries could have crippled him, "I'm glad you're taking it easy so you can get healed.

He then heard Pixie say how her father got his teeth chipped. "Ouch! I'm glad he's ok."

Finally Sky's face went from happy to see his friends again to sad as he droped his head. "I feel awful that you're all hurt and I barely came out of that with a scratch. I'm thinking maybe if I was doing more you all wouldn't be hurt. Sorry all."