@hope fox: Technically the brothers stole the apples from their farm. AJ gave enough for one barrel as a demo. But the brothers took more for further barrels. AJ was correct. They did not buy the produce from the apples, so selling the commodity without proper compensation to the farmers would have been illegal even in our world. Denying the sale was well within her rights. Had the brothers purchased the apples, it would have been a different story.

Very good episode, a solid 8/10. Didn't like it as much as last week's, but it was still solid all around. AJ's development was more of a passive, background acknowledgement of maturity than anything plot-developed, but that's fine.

Poor Dash and her alcholism love of cider.

So true. They are colorful and dynamic characters (who unfortunately are very hard to differentiate from each other) who hide their evil quite well. Charisma as a weapon! I love to hate them.

Actually, I had a thought on the differences between the two brothers. Flim seems to be the younger brother. He doesn't have a moustache, and his voice is higher. Their cutie marks are an apple split 75-25, and who gets the 75? Flam. What if Flam is scamming Flim out of most of the profits? I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Also, what if they're from the Apple family themselves? One of the Apples married a unicorn, and they had two unicorn foals. They could have tried to fit in with the rest of the family, but because they're unicorns, they can't grow apples. No wonder they're so willing to drive the local Apples out of business.

Actually, I had a thought on the differences between the two brothers. Flim seems to be the younger brother. He doesn't have a moustache, and his voice is higher. Their cutie marks are an apple split 75-25, and who gets the 75? Flam. What if Flam is scamming Flim out of most of the profits? I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Also, what if they're from the Apple family themselves? One of the Apples married a unicorn, and they had two unicorn foals. They could have tried to fit in with the rest of the family, but because they're unicorns, they can't grow apples. No wonder they're so willing to drive the local Apples out of business.

They gave us plenty of speculation fuel, but few facts. They hide their true selves behind an impressive facade.

Its a solid, funny ep to me. I just dislike how the FlimFlam bros got run out of town since I'd much much rather have their machine blow up from the overclock or them losing on the technicality of "that twig, leaf and apple mixture is not cider"

but hey whatever