Your OC and YOU

Mistfire

Lesse

Yuki is kind of like my way of describing myself when im in "dumb" mode (those of you who've known me long enough know that i call it yuki mode)

Shade is the basic, unaltered me, calm, collected, yet hotheaded

Duskus represents my dark artistic side

and shade's personalities also count, evil and cruel, hyperactive and fun, smart and clever, and then theres the part of me that i call "the blank page" since i always have strange feelings when i get like that, such as wondering about the multi verse theory and sometimes getting lost in thought...

then theres this one Omnivore track called clouds and something about it gives me chills... as if it was the key to reaching equestria...

Im quite a strange 12 year old...

I currently have three OCS so in all reality two are based of parts of my identity.

Herbal Cure is the more caring side of me when it comes to helping others who are injured.

Juniper Berry is the cook side of me who loves to be in the kitchen and also the extremely flirty side I can have at times.

Cool Temper is really just based off me as a whole. Honest, Kind and willing to help anyone also trying to keep everyone safe.

I haven't actually created an OC yet, because #1 I'm unclear as to what the process is, and #2 what the RP weather is like here. We have a +18 board here but no grimdark, but on another "Canterlot" forum they have grimdark but no +18 sections. What the eff?

I have a character in mind; I RP like a CRAP load with a friend of mine, have one OC partially based off myself that I basically converted from human form to Pony form, and reprogrammed with pony memories instead of human ones. >.>

Just because you have an OC, doesn't mean you have to RP with it.

That said, when people RP with their OC, does their OC act like they themselves would, or are they more extro/introverted (general question?)

As for my OC, Kaze. Her colours are based off colours I like, her mane is pretty similar to how my hair currently is. aha. Cutiemark... is completely random. I was into Native American stuff at the time and it was just the first thing that sort of came to mind. Not much of a meaning behind it I guess. And ofcourse she's just a Pegasus because it's my favorite of the species in the MLP world.

But I personally just use my OC as a visual representation. I use her to express myself in art, be it drawings of my and my boyfriend's OC, to just general friends. If I were to like, go into detail, I guess she'd be a bit more outgoing than I am irl. But eh, it's the internet.

I have two OC's right now. One for my fanfic and one I use on this site. I like the name "Lon" So they both go by that, and they both have extreme amnesia, but that's as far as the similarities go.

My OC I use here is a detective. He asks questions about anything and everything. He does this because he lost everything when he had amnesia and is looking for stuff to fill the hole he has in his head. This realates to me somewhat because I also like asking questions. It helps me understand what I don't so I'm not afraid of it anymore.

My OC in my fanfic has a special talent of sacrifice. As in he willingly gives up his own time or personal objects to help other ponies. He will help whenever he has the opportunity, And he believes that what he has is needed more by somepony else. This relates to me because I also like to go out of my way to help people, and I often feel the need to help someone by giving them what I have.

My characters are generally never based off of me. I get enough of me in real life. I like to make my characters completely different, so that when I roleplay I can be a totally different person. For me, that's what roleplaying is about; being able to live a life completely different from your own (and improve your writing skills). If your roleplays and characters are the same as you, then RPs wouldn't be any fun! At least, that's the way I see it. Sometimes my OCs will have a little thing or two that has something to do with me, like the fact I made Willow's armor because I love Lord of the Rings, but he doesn't really have any aspects of my personality or anything. I guess the only thing that really reflects me is that all my OCs are male, and so am I. I don't like playing as girls, I can never...write correctly for them.

My OC is certainly not based off of me. I made sure to give her some flaws that I dont actually have; i'm curious to try to live through the world through her eyes. I also gave her some strengths I dont possess. I think, her dreams may be similar to some secret desires of my own though. I've always felt a quiet but powerful deep longing to search out the mysterious places and beauty of the world; I suppose i've just never been brave enough to leave everything behind in order to do it.

It really depends.

Any OCs I use in Role-plays or in Fan-fiction are very very rarely based on me, and even if they are, they tend to explore a particular part of my personality, rather than being based off of me as a whole.

However, my personal OC is certainly based off of me, to the extent that his cutie mark represents my own passion. You can find a picture of him here:

https://dl.dropbox.c...817/OC/chap.png

However, as I said, I would never actually RP as him or write a fic about him.

This is an interesting thread. I have lots of approved OCs.

Pandee - the opposite of me, she's not afraid of anything, and I'm a big old fluttershy...

Comet - the side of me that would love to prank people and the side of me that gets away with anything

Blossom bow - the shy, creative side of me (well, most of me then!)

Oasis- the curiousity inside me

Harmony - she was EXACTLY like me, my very first pony OC. She loves singing, dancing and acting and is confident, which I was completely. Not so much anymore.

Spectrum - yeah, I guess he's kind of like me. The little kid who wants to become something fantastic.

TwoTones - nope, not like me. But, he's a lot how I consider my best friend and older brother. He's protective, strong, caring; just like him.

So yeah, they kind of each represent a part of my life... This is really weird.

My personal OC (who I'm trying to get into the RP here) is me. In fact, the only thing about him that's really all that different from me is his past. In fact, I make sure to put a little bit of myself in any OC I make. It makes writing them and figuring out what they're gonna do next much easier and helps me learn about myself along the way. If I want a good guy I take the good bits of myself, and for bad guys I take my bad parts (almost all my villians are actually pretty nice dudes, so I hope that says something good about me).

My OC is pretty much me, except much crazier. Really, I basically take my aspects, overestimate them a lot, then that's my OC. My main guy, at least, the others have aspects of me, but are different in their own ways.

The characters I roleplay usually only have a few things in common with me (you write what you know, after all). I like to keep roleplaying characters as their own unique selves, not just subtle versions of myself or my friends. I may link particular traits from people I know, but they're always just vague similarities that are very different from their real life counterparts.

I do have a pony persona, though. Her name is Silver Rains, and she's supposed to be a pony version of me. Perhaps a bit exaggerated, but me nonetheless. I'm pretty sure most artists have an exaggerated version of themselves that they use for their art.