Star Wars/Equestria Fan-Fic Idea

Solaria

Which Era?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Old Republic or Episodes I-VI?

• Jedi and Rakghouls and Sith, oh my! (OR)
    • When I watched Star Wars in theaters, it was the best night of my life... (I-VI)

Greetings! As you've probably gathered from the title and poll, I've been mulling over a Star Wars/MLP crossover idea. Done several times before, I know, but it's been a long time since I've been even somewhat excited about writing. My question for everypony is this: would you like to see our favorite characters dispersed throughout the Old Republic or the original era the movies portrayed for us on the silver screen? I've been thinking in terms of the original episodes, with Celestia as Yoda or something similar, Starswirl as Obi-Wan, Twilight as Luke, Rainbow as Han, Fluttershy as Leia, Discord as the Emperor (obviously), and Luna as Darth Vader (ala Nightmare Moon). The parasprites would be the Stormtroopers!

This could easily be adapted to Old Republic standards and figures, and I would be more than willing to take suggestions for character roles as well. Maybe parasprites as Rakghouls... Thank you for your time and consideration! Who knows, if this goes well I might write both eras out in some epic extended project.

Moving to Writing Discussion.

Darn, I tried so hard to put it in the right place too... What kind of things go in the main creativity forum instead of its subforums? Thinking about it the Writing Discussion area was better, I'm just curious now.

Darn, I tried so hard to put it in the right place too... What kind of things go in the main creativity forum instead of its subforums? Thinking about it the Writing Discussion area was better, I'm just curious now.

Stuff that's not like, drawing, painting, etc. It's for stuff like animations, sewing... like, handicrafts... and stuff that isn't music.

I used like a lot. I'm sorry. I've had like nine hours of sleep in the past 3... or would it be 4... days.

I completely understand! I appreciate you helping me even on your unique sleeping pattern :) That makes sense, thank you.

Although I love the Old Republic era, I think going for the movie plot would be a lot cooler.

Discord as the Emperor and Luna as Darth Vader, haha, this sounds interesting! :D

Thanks for the vote Tenkan! Most appreciated :)

Well...that was rather hard to choose between :)

Although I agree with Tenkan in that seeing all these familiar characters in even more familiar roles would no doubt be awesome :D

But...I'm gonna have to choose the Old Republic era, purely from a creative point of view....

If you ask me going with the movie plot line would hinder some creativity (As the specific story points are already set out and everyone would know what happens next)

But the OR era would give you more room to work with and make a story that's your own, rather than making an homage to one that's already been seen by millions of people...

But that's just my opinion :P

Well...that was rather hard to choose between :)

Although I agree with Tenkan in that seeing all these familiar characters in even more familiar roles would no doubt be awesome :D

But...I'm gonna have to choose the Old Republic era, purely from a creative point of view....

If you ask me going with the movie plot line would hinder some creativity (As the specific story points are already set out and everyone would know what happens next)

But the OR era would give you more room to work with and make a story that's your own, rather than making an homage to one that's already been seen by millions of people...

But that's just my opinion :P

Interesting insight, thank you Colton! While I may do the New Republic simply because of the aforementioned fact that it's well-established and would let me practice in a set universe, it would also be rather fun to set up my own stories!

I think the OR era would be best, for similar reasons as Conor said. The movies are already set up, so basically all you'd be doing is putting ponies on top of it. Their dialogue might be different, sure, but it's mostly the same. The OR era has much more wiggle room than the movie era.

The more I think about it the more I feel the OR era could be expanded upon more easily, as has been said. As entertaining as the thought of the Parasprite Wars and the rise of Emperor Discord was, I can still transfer most of the ideas over. Discord can be the immortal Emperor of the Old Republic era, and the crisis of Luna's character can still be represented by the fall and subsequent rebirth of Revan. This also gives me more leeway to focus on background ponies in more prominent roles. To be completely honest, this idea started from seeing the image of Colgate using her magic to flourish a double-bladed lightsaber :blush:

Thank you everypony for your assistance in this endeavor! If you have any ideas for ponies as characters, I'm more than willing to entertain them. One aspect of art that I do understand well is that everypony has a unique and therefore helpful perspective, whether they know it or not.

The Old Republic Era is already mostly set. It's mostly based on comic series and short stories, Not as many big books as the New Republic. For information, I would recommend Wookiepedia.

Anyway, I would love this. Though the movie plot would be somewhat overused. Perhaps Sith retreated to the planet that houses Equestria to escape the Republic armada and begin setting influences there. Just an idea.

Ooo I had not thought of that angle, and I'm slightly ashamed to admit it! Seeing how different Equestria characters would respond to the galactic conflict, being introduced to the Force, space travel, etc. I suppose now I'll have to decide which of those two angles I'd like to pursue :) A happy problem to have, to be sure.

This sounds completely epic and 20% cooler! :20:

My thoughts are this...we have the Old Republic, then the movies, but has anyone thought about what happens AFTER everything happens? For all we know, a new group of sith could rise from whats left of the dark side! This is WAY more flexible than both choices, and gives a chance to be more creative but still have a base to build on.

This sounds completely epic and 20% cooler! :20:

My thoughts are this...we have the Old Republic, then the movies, but has anyone thought about what happens AFTER everything happens? For all we know, a new group of sith could rise from whats left of the dark side! This is WAY more flexible than both choices, and gives a chance to be more creative but still have a base to build on.

Actually there is quite a bit of material on what happens after the original trillogy, for one, Luke starts up a new Jedi Academy (for the most part I dont know what happens personally, though, I'm not a huge starwars fan, I just watched the movies and played SW:ToR untill I couldn't stand the near-single-digit framerates)

Of the original two choices, I think the movie might get a better reception since it's well-known, but as has been stated, it's also set in stone, not much you can do except change some dialog, add in some "delete scenes" details (unless you want to extrapolate on the "in-betweens" and let the movies themselves serve as more of a backdrop) If your looking for creativity, I think the Old Republic would be much more interesting since you have Jedi and Sith alike running amok, as opposed to the movies where you have 2 jedi (and if you wanted to really twist things, 3 - since Leah is Luke's sister (and Anakin's daughter) she would be strong with the force too and could be trained as a Jedi)

also...

Dash as Han Solo... I Demand Fanart of this!!! (lol)

So, I've decided on the Old Republic era, likely focusing on the period from the Jedi Civil War through the time of the Coruscant Treaty. Anypony who would like their OC featured in the story is more than welcome to do so, simply provide me with the following info:

Name:

Species:

Profession (Jedi/Sith, Smuggler, Agent, Nerfherder, etc):

Attitude:

Preferred Weapons and Fighting Style, if applicable:

And anything else you think would be prudent to provide! Again thank you everypony for your assistance.

Funnily enough, I got insperation for Scoundrel's name (well, nickname anyway) from ToR, since Scoundrel is one of the sub-classes of smuggler.

On that note, I would LOVE to see her in a Star Wars setting.

Name: Scoundrel

Species: Earth Pony

Profession: Smuggler

Attitude: Trying to get by and make some bits in the process, that's the scoundrel way!

Preferred combat style: Trys to avoid fights if at all possible, but when it comes to trading either blows or blasters, Scoundrel usually tries to get behind the opponent and hit from behind. Not afraid to use dirty tricks as needed. (throwing dirt in their eyes, kicking them in their... er... "weak points", shooting/stabbing them in the back, etc) Will flee at the first oppertunity.

Don't know if I should o this since we already talked about this before....But I'll put it here just for future reference :)

Name: Colton Cloudkicker

Species: Pegasus

Profession: Merc

Attitude: Serious when the situation calls for it, but he does have a softer light hearted side that he has when not engaged in direct conflict and has a good sense of right and wrong.

Preferred combat style: Proficient in most weapons, sabers primarily but if the situation calls for it he could use ranged weapons.

(Side note: He has a pet Sparrow named Sparks as well :P)

Name

Uses the name Erin, but his true name is Tiger

Species

Pony

Boy

Profession

Hmm...no idea! Dreams of being a Jedi one day!

Attitude

Funny and playful, cool and all out epic. Loves cupcakes, racing, partying, and being cool. A mix of Pinky Pie and Rainbow Dash

Preffered Combat Style

O.O What sort of little boy is in combat? Okay, I'll admit, this blank flank has his father's light saber.