I do feel bad for the guy next to her. He never got to hear the end of the story!

http://youtu.be/zcBxsv3XNZE

Let's not forget the lamp! Lamp needs love.

5T5Ts.gif

WHY ARE THESE SO ENTERTAINING TO WATCH?! I haven't been this hypnotized since Badger Badger!

"reading rainbow"

Oh gawd I didnt even notice this pun! (amazing since in the early 90s it seemed every time I turned the TV to PBS Reading Rainbow was on...)

Regarding technology: If you could figure out how to make fireflies an efficient, practical and steady light source would you rather use them or incandescent bulbs? Aesthetics are important...

Asthetically I think the firefly lamp is more amusing and appealing, though there are questions about efficiency, feeding, etc... (To wit I will quote "It's Magic! I dont have to explain nothin!")

Regarding ninjas: I thought the costume was wonderful because it wasn't a sleek ninja-like costume. It was closer to black PJs. They were cute and comfy looking, but not terribly serious.

I am guessing Dash didnt have a ninja suit or she would have worn it, so she just threw on a black hoodie as the next best thing (and I'm going to agree with you post below, wesh, that she was probably just going for the 'cool factor' since her tail was OBVIOUS)

This episode makes me really happy, and not just because of the content, the jokes or whatever.

The subject matter is very near and dear to my heart.

I remember reading by flashlight and by a blanket covered lamp, and my parents often allowed me to continue, knowing full well that I should be getting sleep.

And nowadays, getting kids to see the joy of reading is very important to me and I volunteer to read to them. I am part of a wonderful organization that has been successful at this. There is very little that charges me up as much as seeing the excitement to go check out a book that I just read the first chapter of to them.

It was so great to me to see all five other ponies dismiss RD's fears of reading not being cool.