Neoniie

Read_It_and_Weep_Preview.PNG

Roleplay Type: Crossover/FFA

Name: Diana "Daring-Do" Rose

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Dark Pink (#B80962)

Coat Color: Golden Yellow (#FFDF00)

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane and tail are both greyscale, having light grey streaks atop her darker grey main colour. She leaves both long and cuts them herself.

Physique: Fit and acrobatic, honed by years of adventuring

Cutie Mark: A compass rose.

Origin/Residence: Diana was born in Fillydelphia. She now travels to pursue her adventurous lifestyle.

Motivation: To find legendary treasure and unearth the relics of the past.

Dislikes: Neighsayers, cities, frightened or lost ponies

Character Summary: Diana Rose was born to an earth pony mare named Sprinkle Pastry and a pegasus stallion named Polar Prance. Since her mother could not live in Cloudsdale with her husband, the couple moved to Fillydelphia, where their daughter was born. As a foal, Diana saw very few pegasi and was educated at the earth pony school in Fillydelphia. Her father was the one who taught her to fly, so her abilities are not as well honed as a pegasus who was trained at Flight Camp.

Her mother was a baker by trade, but she had a love of reading which she passed onto her daughter. Diana would read stories of adventure, danger, and treasure with wide eyes and a great imagination. When she grew up, she wanted to be just like her fictional heroes.

It was around this time that Diana earned her cutie mark. During a school-organized outdoors excusion to the Everfree Forest. She and a few classmates were lost in the depths of the forest. Even as a weaker flyer, the mare was able to lead the small group of frightened foals back to the mane group with her sense of direction and remembrance of landmarks. This earned her the compass rose cutie mark that she sports with pride.

When it became time for Diana to choose her path in life, she decided to travel for a while to learn what she wanted to do. It was at this time that she stumbled across the legend of the Sapphire Statue, a relic of the Diamond Dogs. Determined to find it, she set off in search of the temples of the Diamond Dogs. After days of searching, she had found the temple. However, she'd injured her wing in the process. With the injury, she navigated the jungle-like forest on hoof and found the artifact buried under the rock ruins of the temple.

However, when she returned with her discovery, the mare created a wild tale of daring and adventure. She wrote it down and was struggling with a name for her story. With a spark of inspiration, she wrote down the name Daring-Do and published the novel. It became a hit, with ponies everywhere wanting more adventures of the great explorer. Happy to oblige, Diana began to unearth more relics and spin the relatively boring tales into stories of adventure. She occasionally stumbles across a true adventure once in a while, but all of her recorded adventures are merely tall tales.

Diana's main flaw is greed. She always wants to find more treasure and jewels and thus gain more fame and adoration from the ponies of Equestria. Though her greed can blind her to more important aspects of life, she still has a good heart. Using her talent for guiding others, she occasionally works as a tour guide. She uses a disguise for this, of course, but Diana always wants to help those who are lost if she can.

She's good with foals, as her penchant for storytelling gives her a way to entertain the young ponies. Diana's also a master of hide-and-seek, so the foals can't slip away and get themselves into trouble. Of course, domestic life is far to boring in the pegasus' eyes, so she would never consider this for herself.

Adventure is where her heart lies and it is also her main positive trait. She's never afraid to help others who are in danger because she's faced danger herself. Though it was mostly in fiction, she's tried to live up to the qualities she gave to her fictional self and will never give up if there's still a chance to solve a problem.

Edited by Neoniie

It's hard to tell whether this pony is an actual, real pony or if she's a fictional pony from a book. I guess maybe her adventures could be based on a true story... Ah well. I suppose it's definitely worth exploring at any rate. Just one thing...

Her name is Derring-Do. I know it sounds like 'daring' but used in the context here, it's Derring. Also, if you look at the book cover (in the rare moments that it's shown) you'll notice the two rs and such.

It's hard to tell whether this pony is an actual, real pony or if she's a fictional pony from a book. I guess maybe her adventures could be based on a true story... Ah well. I suppose it's definitely worth exploring at any rate. Just one thing...

Her name is Derring-Do. I know it sounds like 'daring' but used in the context here, it's Derring. Also, if you look at the book cover (in the rare moments that it's shown) you'll notice the two rs and such.

You'll see. ;-)

As for her name, I'm going by the one up on the MLP wikia. I do know that she's named after the word 'derring-do' and based on the images I've seen (such as the one in the spoiler), it is Daring-Do.

Rd_holding_daring_do_book.png

EDIT:

I'm not sure if this character can be possible, it's quite obvious she is a fictional character in the books, she's got a very Indiana Jones type feel to her and is just well..Rainbow Dash in reverse colors...

If I can't rework her into a Mane RP acceptable OC, I'll be happy to place her into Crossovers. And, the accepted OC 'Dunes' has an Indiana Jones motif as well. I'm certain I can make it work.

Edited by Neoniie

For the most part, Board canon is relegating her as a fictional character in the mane RP - however, we do feel she would make an interesting FFA/Crossover character.

In my opinion, It might be a better idea for that to be your intended destination for this application.

As much as I love this character already from the show and would LOVE to see her RP'd...she can't be played in Mane. She's a Fictional Pony in a Fictional Series in a Fictional Show, that's sort of like FicCeption. Unless she shows up as an -actual- character, she unfortunately can't be used in Mane RP.

Finalized.

I still app'd her in the way I would have for the Mane RP, as I wanted to give her some depth beyond just being an amazing adventurer. She's now ready for assessment and critique.

EDIT: I have a quick question. Are Crossover OCs allowed to take part in Private RPs? I'm not quite clear on it and would appreciate if someone could fill me in.

Edited by Neoniie

I KNEW someone would app Daring Do!

This is WONDERFUL!

Good luck with this, and as a fellow Crossover RPer. welcome to the herd!

:D:D:D:D