FiM Toys for 2012 - Did Hasbro listen to the fans at last?

Some of you may know, but I haven't seen anything posted yet, but Hasbro is showing off their FiM figures line for 2012. Going by the image from the official FiM Facebook page, we see a few very cool things:

424247_381668998517210_118429394841173_1690237_355485671_n%282%29.jpg

• Celestia is finally white! Just those wings, bleh!
  • Zecora! For some reason she glows in the dark. O_o
  • DJ Pon-3! Nuff' said.
  • Nightmare Moon!
  • TRIXIE! :D

Alright, I am excited again... Gotta have the Trixie one, now if I find someone to do the mane correctly :3

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

That Nightmare Moon looks epic. I'd buy that. White Celesta looks worth a purchase too. Zecora is pretty adorable too, and she's not even a character I really notice much. And DJ P0n-3 got a figure? Wow that's totally unexpected. I wonder if that means they're planning to do more with her on the show...

Great step in the right direction, Hasbro. I imagine I'll finally be buying some ponies this year. :D

Zecora!

For some reason she glows in the dark. O_o

I'm seconding that O_o... why... just why... I mean I could see celestia or NMM/Luna glowing in the dark, but Zecora? (honestly, I hope there is not a canon explanation for this...)

I also see a re-tooled Rainbow Dash, but her mane looks WORSE than before! -_- I think I'm gonna be buying the sculpted plastic toys when I buy, their accuracy is higher, sad as it is... I really hope the decide to release some true 100%-show-accurate toys...

There was an announcement recently on Everfree that Hasbro has added a guy to deal SPECIFICALLY with the Bronies - the guy that previously handed the Transformers franchise. you know what this means, right? MICHAEL BAY MLP MOVIE! (lol! J/k... atleast I hope...x_x)

I really do like Celestia.

The rest of them have a..certainly interesting mane.

..I want a glowing zebra.

Well no matter what they may do for us, Hasbro is still going to focus on the larger intended audience, so they are going to want the manes very long and brushable "because that is what little girls want". Considering what directions they could have taken though, this is a very positive development.

• Like 2

Looks like Hasbro is finally running out of their G3 stockpile! Huzzah!

I'd definitely like to get the BG pony set. I'm glad white Celestia is coming out, though I agree those wings look bleh.

Does this mean we might see more of Pon-3? Imagine the fan freakout. Trixie too!

And DJ P0n-3 got a figure? Wow that's totally unexpected. I wonder if that means they're planning to do more with her on the show...

Well, remember that Hasbro sells toys of characters that don't even appear in the show! Honey something, Lily Blossom (who is in the new McDonalds set, actually), Strawberry something or other whatever... Like, they aren't even background ponies! So, I mean, if they can do that, why not pick a fan favorite and possibly get more money? It's obvious no matter what the pony, it's probably going to sell to the target audience.

I'm seconding that O_o... why... just why... I mean I could see celestia or NMM/Luna glowing in the dark, but Zecora? (honestly, I hope there is not a canon explanation for this...)

Gypsy magic!

There was an announcement recently on Everfree that Hasbro has added a guy to deal SPECIFICALLY with the Bronies - the guy that previously handed the Transformers franchise. you know what this means, right? MICHAEL BAY MLP MOVIE! (lol! J/k... atleast I hope...x_x)

Gypsy magic!

what does Pinkie have to do with this? ;)

-video-

Oh. My. Gawd. (lol sad part is I can see somone like Bay making a movie like that... destroy everyone's love of the franchise... yep, right up his alley...)

Anyone else surprised that there's a official Nightmare Moon toy? I'm not angry, hell NMM/Luna is my favorite character, it's just that Hasbro's been very sheepish about marketing the scary/villain characters before, unless there's aa official Tirec plush I never heard of.

I'm surprised ._. I'm extremely surprised actually

I'm just as surprised about p0n-3. I never expected to ever see a p0n-3 toy. she just seems so... not "girly" enough, you know?

I'm surprised ._. I'm extremely surprised actually

I'm just as surprised about p0n-3. I never expected to ever see a p0n-3 toy. she just seems so... not "girly" enough, you know?

For getting all of 2 seconds of face time she certainly has a lot of fans! Her inclusion demonstrates to me that Hasbro is watching us more carefully than we believe, and this latest move is genius -- they can hit their target market and us at the same time.

• Like 1

cash-price.jpg

There are 57 bills visible, meaning $5,700 dollars (USD) Though I would suspect jsut due to rule of "round numbers" that 3 are hidden and it's 60 bills, or $6,000

...what? am I really the only one that stopped and counted them all?